Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Twins? Jesus. I can snark on these people with the best of them, but I seriously pray Jessa doesn't have a mental breakdown. Five kids five and under in a two-bedroom house? That sounds like a hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Twins? Jesus. I can snark on these people with the best of them, but I seriously pray Jessa doesn't have a mental breakdown. Five kids five and under in a two-bedroom house? That sounds like a hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. 

Nah, she gave away that it was a singleton when she had the ultrasound. 

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Sorry if I was too deadpan.  She’s not gonna have twins, I was just knocking on the fact that every single pregnancy has been ‘twins’ up until now 

We’ve got a whole year until the five kids in one bedroom scenario kicks in!

• LOL 13
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

DFC2199A-156C-4569-8B6D-4669B0577664.jpeg

Curious as to why Jessa elected to use this photo of her to make the announcement. It just seems like such a personal moment. You would think that there would be one with Jessa smiling; maybe taken just a little bit later and she could have still hidden the baby.

I feel like Runk is going to have dark hair like Spurgeon.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, beckie said:

I hope, boy or girl, they name the baby Runk. That was Henry's suggestion. Lol

I can’t decide if “Runk” is better or worse than “Spurgeon” 😂

at least with “Runk” you can add a letter to the front and it’s “Drunk” or “Trunk”

• LOL 18

There's rumors that this name might be more out there than the last two (Henry and Ivy). It's been this one might be "puritanical".  Obviously I like some puritanical names, but not all of them.

I wonder if Jessa wants more unusual names than Henry and Ivy.  Both Henry and Ivy are rising quickly in popularity currently. Of those could just be rumors and she could pick a popular name again. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Oh that video was horrible. Jessa Blessa and her monotone voice basically saying nothing was too much. I had to fast forward to the last minute to see if anything significant happened. By the way Jessa… nobody wants to hear about your “bloody show”.  You are not a media personality. Congrats, you had a baby; along with 5 million others on the planet. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can’t decide if “Runk” is better or worse than “Spurgeon” 😂

Trust, nothing is worse than Spurgeon. At least Runk sounds a little bit cool.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Yes, Wesley is a good name, too bad they didn't use it for their first born. Maybe Spurgie will be like David Bowie or Mia Farrow's sons and change it later in life.  (Zowie ->Joey, Satchel -> Ronan)

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

There's rumors that this name might be more out there than the last two (Henry and Ivy). It's been this one might be "puritanical".  Obviously I like some puritanical names, but not all of them.

Increase Seewald

I like that one. More on the mark than Cotton Seewald. 😁

(Increase Mather, 1639-1723, preacher and president of Harvard....What do you think? Too college-y?.    Cotton Mather, 1663-1728, preacher and science advocate -- point against him in Duggar World -- also Salem witch trial promoter -- point for him in Duggar World...) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 16

Please let it be Cotton or Increase! These would be my cats’ names if they were male and humorless. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Curious as to why Jessa elected to use this photo of her to make the announcement. It just seems like such a personal moment. You would think that there would be one with Jessa smiling; maybe taken just a little bit later and she could have still hidden the baby.

I think the only time Jessa gets visibly emotional on camera (maybe even off-camera, too) is when she gives birth, so maybe she chose that picture because it shows what she's feeling in that moment.

I wonder if Jessa wants more unusual names than Henry and Ivy.  Both Henry and Ivy are rising quickly in popularity currently. Of those could just be rumors and she could pick a popular name again. 

I think the unusual name fetish is all Ben, so it will be interesting to see if Jessa puts her foot down again or gives in to keep Ben placid like she did with Spurgeon.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think it would be a win-win if it's a girl and they name her Temperance. If it happens, I vote that you get to rule this forum for at least a week! We will bring you virtual gifts of tribute, and honor your wishes. I just hope you will be kind and share all the virtual cake and ice cream. 🤣

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Increase Seewald

I like that one. More on the mark than Cotton Seewald. 😁

(Increase Mather, 1639-1723, preacher and president of Harvard....What do you think? Too college-y?.    Cotton Mather, 1663-1728, preacher and science advocate -- point against him in Duggar World -- also Salem witch trial promoter -- point for him in Duggar World...) 

Increase also had a daughter named Jerusha  (Cotton's sister) so there's a girl name option for Jessa from the Mather family tree.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The blanket the baby is wrapped in  is pink.  

my guess for a name: Patience 

Could be, but the baby hasn't even been totally cleaned up, so I'm assuming its wrapped in a hospital towel/blanket at that moment.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Could be, but the baby hasn't even been totally cleaned up, so I'm assuming its wrapped in a hospital towel/blanket at that moment.

Yes I agree.  But a lot of hospitals would have blue and pink blankets and would wrap the baby accordingly before they handed  the baby to her mother. That is what I think happened here. Jessa didn’t think to tell them to use a blanket that would not telegraph  boy or girl. Since she is ignorant of hospital birthing practices. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Yes, Wesley is a good name, too bad they didn't use it for their first born. Maybe Spurgie will be like David Bowie or Mia Farrow's sons and change it later in life.  (Zowie ->Joey, Satchel -> Ronan)

Ronan goes by his middle name, which poor Spurgie may choose to do if he ever goes out into the real world. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes I agree.  But a lot of hospitals would have blue and pink blankets and would wrap the baby accordingly before they handed  the baby to her mother. That is what I think happened here. Jessa didn’t think to tell them to use a blanket that would not telegraph  boy or girl. Since she is ignorant of hospital birthing practices. 

I didn't know that. All the hospitals in my area carry blankets that are pink and blue striped. 

I wonder when, or if, hospitals will stop with the pink and blue. Its kind of falling out of favor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 7/18/2021 at 2:34 AM, Cinnabon said:

Bin looks idiotic most of the time, so I’m not sure he’d be any help.

Looks have you heard him talk? I swear he was dropped on his head as a baby.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I feel like Runk is going to have dark hair like Spurgeon.

This is the photo the Daily Mail used in their article about the new baby.  Someone in the comment section accused her of having lip fillers and fake eyelashes. 😂

Edited by farmgal4
The, not they
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

My guess for a girl - Faith. Is there some Faith in their bunch?

Johannah Faith. 

50 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Really, I don’t care.  I’m glad the baby arrived safely, in a hospital, but this two part posting and leaving people guessing is a pathetic and desperate stunt for clicks.  She must be PISSED that there is no show and no birth special.  Even People/Us are dragging their feet on this one. 
The fact is, the show is over, people are moving on, and a fourth baby is not news, especially when you already have both boys and a girl. The only thing that is keeping the Duggars in the public eye at this point is pervert Josh and his legal troubles. 

People had an article up an hour after the video/announcement was posted. 

• Useful 6
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Johannah Faith. 

People had an article up an hour after the video/announcement was posted. 

I never looked for it or noticed. Usually these things show up on my MSN homepage, but not this time.  But honestly the article was just a play by play of the video.  They don't have any details either.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

I am rooting for "If-Christ-Had-Not-Died-for-Thee-Thou-Hads't-Been-Damned"! 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

My guess for a girl - Faith. Is there some Faith in their bunch?

18 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Johannah Faith. 

Ben's youngest sister is also named Faith. Besides, I think Faith is too mainstream for Jessa. If she's going with a virtue name, it's going to be something like Chastity or Temperance or Prudence. Or Verity, which would be ironic since Jessa is fond of bending the truth... (but I think it has just the right amount of trendiness + Puritanical-ness for her).

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I never looked for it or noticed. Usually these things show up on my MSN homepage, but not this time.  But honestly the article was just a play by play of the video.  They don't have any details either.  

People never does, but that's beside the point -- it did in fact have an article. I didn't look for it, either. It was on Yahoo's home page. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Ben's youngest sister is also named Faith. Besides, I think Faith is too mainstream for Jessa. If she's going with a virtue name, it's going to be something like Chastity or Temperance or Prudence. Or Verity, which would be ironic since Jessa is fond of bending the truth... (but I think it has just the right amount of trendiness + Puritanical-ness for her).

I love the name Verity. Verity Lambert was a Doctor Who creator back in the beginning. 

If we are going on a Tudor naming trend, she could go Katherine (Parr) or Elizabeth (the I). Katherine Parr was ahead of her time as a Protestant. Though thinking about that, Katherine might be too close to Aragon who was Catholic (ebil). And Elizabeth might be too much of a woman "doing a man's job" for them to like. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3