Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I think the Seewalds and Duggars might've had a split over Josh.

And Michael Sewwald did write that blog post that was a shot at Jim Bob.

And Michelle gushing how they could be grandparents in a year and Guinn looking horrified.

I get the feeling they are not buddy buddy. Gee, can't imagine why. What could possibly go wrong between two dominating males? 

• Love 8

What could possibly go wrong between two dominating males? 

In my experience, two truly dominating men don't usually have any problems getting along because they are actually secure enough in themselves to not feel threatened by each other. I don't really see any men involved in the patriarchal movement as dominant or "alpha"; they are little weiner boys who fear to be challenged in any way because they are weak and insecure to the core. Hence all the demands for respecting their AUTHORITAH! And, you know, designing an entire ideology based on the subjugation of women and children.

• Love 19
43 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, sometimes I think that, too. I'm still not convinced he's that hard core, though.

An awful lot of kids his age (almost all kids his age?) come off as pretty hard line about something, seems to me. So I wonder whether part of it isn't just his immaturity. Seems to me he clearly seems more open to experiences than the Duggars, and that's one of the things that moves you away from that hardline-teenager thing, ultimately. It's also not unusual at all for hardline teenagers to double down when their pronouncements are challenged, out of insecurity about things, whether they're conservatives or wild-eyed liberals, so I can't take his doubling down on Calvinism completely seriously. I kind of expect that his urges to go to concerts and meet rappers may prove the more powerful force in his life, in the long run.

He has had a few more experiences than Duggars, and that's probably cracked some of his windows at least a bit. And where there's a crack, there can be change. I also get the sense that he kind of likes people, unlike Jessa, who seems scared to death of strangers, and sociability is something else that, long term, can crack people's windows.

In short, I wouldn't be surprised if it all turns out as you say. Nevertheless, I still hold out a little long term hope for Bin's ability to change a bit.

This is why I still hold on to some hope that Ben will change over time.  The hard line attitude is very typical of his age and of course all late teen/early 20s kids know everything about everything. So it's possible that as he grows out of that stage those experiences might allow him to move a bit from the Duggar insanity. 

I also think that the Josh revelation angered the Seewalds and Ben. Down the road as he matures I think that will help him be able to see that this supposedly perfect approach to life is really a crock of crap.

• Love 4

Bin is a pinhead.  But he is very young too.  He is a prime example of be careful what you wish for.  And if you want to get all jesusy, pride, greed and avarice played a big part in this scenario.  Not to mention horny.  He sold his soul with no refunds allowed.

This kid is stuck in a huge way.  I don't have a clue as to how this will play out, but I think this won't end well.  Especially for their children who will be right in the middle.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, toodles said:

This kid is stuck in a huge way.  I don't have a clue as to how this will play out, but I think this won't end well.  Especially for their children who will be right in the middle.

Lately, Ben seems different.  When he made the comment about getting married and being a father in the space of one year, he appeared wistful.  I don't believe all is well between the Seewalds and the Duggars.  I have a feeling the Seewalds had a rude awakening.

• Love 4
(edited)

Bin went into this with rose-colored glasses.  Everything will be sunshine and rainbows. Happy wife, happy life etc. He'll get the girl and they'll live happily ever after..even if she is a bitch and her family is batshit crazy. Bin will just use his speshul Jesus skillz to work with a bitchy wife and all will be fine.

Until it isn't. I think reality and adulthood havent really hit him yet but when it does,  it'll be HARD.  He's got the mentality of a lovestruck teen and Jessa Not-so- Blessa will use that to her advantage in one way or another. She knows he's a doofus. 

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 10

TLC just posted a video interview where Jessa is asked to describe "the best part of being a Mom so far."

" …Also, just watching him [patting Ben on the knee] love on my baby."

If that doesn't describe the Ben/Jessa marriage accurately, I don't know what does.  Ben is basically just a sperm donor for Jessa's baby

The interview runs for a minute and a half, and Ben doesn't say one word. He just nods his head and grunts.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/jessas-favorite-part-about-being-a-mom/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc&sf25619212=1

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I see this marriage going downhill fast, with both of them becoming bitter and twisted. Jessa is already a shrew and Bin doesn't know how to handle it.

I think things are really going to go off the rails once the show is cancelled. Jessa and Bin are addicted to the fame and easy money. It's going to be a hard fall when all of that finally goes away. Even living modestly, they're far from being set for life. The Duggar name is too toxic for Jessa to make a living hawking products on Instagram and Bin probably makes a pittance working for Boob. It's going to get ugly real fast.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think the Seewalds and Duggars might've had a split over Josh.

And Michael Sewwald did write that blog post that was a shot at Jim Bob.

And Michelle gushing how they could be grandparents in a year and Guinn looking horrified.

I get the feeling they are not buddy buddy. Gee, can't imagine why. What could possibly go wrong between two dominating males? 

So I guess as long as Jessa is speaking out against Josh's actions was okay, when the in-laws did it was "how dare you" so to speak. Guess the next big title for a show could be "Spurgeon meets his grandparents" There are several episodes where Kathy is involved with Izzy, all the way over yonder in Central America and not so much as an Instagram pic of Spurgy on the Seewald's accounts. 

• Love 4

I think Bin can make it on his own. In fact, I think he would be happier. There is no reason he couldn't get joint custody, especially if he finishes a degree (only 2 more years if anything is transferable) and  gets a real job. Maybe he could look at ministering part time, with a full time job among the general public. He is not media friendly, but he was able to complete his Associates degree online and that takes some discipline. He isn't as worldly as many guys his age (despite being a married father of one), but I see hope because he is interested and tries things where he may fail. That's a valuable skill. He did the rap thing, it was awful, no one died, they laughed. Maybe Jessa would stick it out with him and they could live happily ever after. I don't see a future if they stay so close to JB. Jessa is just satisfying her social needs with her family, and I think Bin is more open to expanding his social group. Really just talking out my butt and pondering...I would love to see Bin break away from JB. 

• Love 5

This is a total guess but I' think Jim Bob talks to Ben like he is a kid, which he is. That must annoy Ben...imagine taking orders from Jim Bob?  Jim Bob talks down to everyone. Plus his cruel hee-haw humor? 

Maybe Ben will finish college and actually make a life for himself. Working for Jim Bob would definitely be the encouragment Ben needs to get more education and get a career going. Seems he got a realtor license?  

Jessa is a bitch but she will tone that down when Ben threatens to walk out or cheats on her with Josh's prostitues...Jessa truly has no clue that they way she talks to Ben is setting the stage for a husband who is seething underneath but smiling for the cameras. Some  quiet, smiley woman will talk to Ben nicely and kindly. He will be totally taken in by a woman with a pleasant attitude rather than a "don't mess with jess" bitchy wife he is stuck with after a immature decision at 19 years old. 

I think Jessa is in for touble with Ben. I don't forsee them fighting but I think that Ben will quietly slip out with another woman who makes him feel like a man. 

• Love 8

First I love your snark.  None of these people can be self-aware, especially Ben. He was looking for a vagina and Jessa (is that the right Duggar?) was looking for a penis with an appropriate man attached.  These people are completely clueless about life, bills, employment and responsibility. I'm sure Boob has everything under control whilst Mullet enjoys her Starbuck's and enjoys letting her spawn rule the roost.   I find this all annoying but still pretty funny.  

• Love 4

I think Ben is a lot like his dad and JB, the biggest difference being that Ben thinks his is current and hip. With Jessa as his wife he has even more reasons to embrace an authoritarian role. What might make a difference is if he really has the sweet and romantic side that was talked about earlier in the courtship.

Right now the focus of their lives is Spurgie & the show, and Jessa is the expert on all things babies and filming. When TLC bids the Seewalds farewell and Ben knows the baby routine, I can see him becoming even more like his father & FIL. Jessa's confidence will wane because besides babies and filming she really is clueless. The change in dynamics will give Ben the upper hand, and if he as insecure as he seems, I see a JB in the making.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:39 AM, Mollie said:

TLC just posted a video interview where Jessa is asked to describe "the best part of being a Mom so far."

If that doesn't describe the Ben/Jessa marriage accurately, I don't know what does.  Ben is basically just a sperm donor for Jessa's baby

The interview runs for a minute and a half, and Ben doesn't say one word. He just nods his head and grunts.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/jessas-favorite-part-about-being-a-mom/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc&sf25619212=1

To be fair, Ben comes off best when he "just nods his head and grunts."  When he opens his mouth, the stupid falls out. 

• Love 19
On May 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Henri205 said:

First I love your snark.  None of these people can be self-aware, especially Ben. He was looking for a vagina and Jessa (is that the right Duggar?) was looking for a penis with an appropriate man attached.  These people are completely clueless about life, bills, employment and responsibility. I'm sure Boob has everything under control whilst Mullet enjoys her Starbuck's and enjoys letting her spawn rule the roost.   I find this all annoying but still pretty funny.  

Part of me thinks that Bin was looking for nookie and Jessa was looking for a baby and hadn't really considered the penis. Quelle horreur!

And I bet Bin is still looking for nookie. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/6/2016 at 6:25 AM, PoshSprinkles said:

To be fair, Guinn did tell Ben something to the effect that Jessa may not be the one he should be setting his sights on. Whether that was looks-based (i.e. she's too cute for you) or otherwise is entirely up to your interpretation. 

Maybe his mom saw the lack of chemistry Bin and Jesse had especially when Jinger was around.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Maybe his mom saw the lack of chemistry Bin and Jesse had especially when Jinger was around.

I think it's fair to say that Bin has an over-inflated view of himself and his lot in life. In other words, he wasn't going for Jinger, the woman that he actually has something in common with. Oh, no. He wanted the most beautiful sister, despite the fact they a) have nothing in common and b) Jessa's personality resembles a piranha with hemorrhoids. Instead of someone who would make him happy, he chose a woman he believes others will envy him for attracting. Bin can't quite seem to decide which lofty career he should embark on, either. After all, he was a political science major to start (he could be President!!!!), he then decided he was going to be a televangelist (of COURSE he'd be great at it!) and now he's decided he'd like to be a rapper, despite the fact he has NO talent.

Bin will be onto the next thing before he's 25. And I don't think that "thing" will include Jessa Blessa.

• Love 10

The more I watch these two the more thankful I am that my parents encouraged me to go to college, make mistakes and figure out who the hell I was before marrying/having children. 

• Love 14
On 5/6/2016 at 3:50 PM, Marigold said:

Jessa is a bitch but she will tone that down when Ben threatens to walk out or cheats on her with Josh's prostitues...Jessa truly has no clue that they way she talks to Ben is setting the stage for a husband who is seething underneath but smiling for the cameras. Some  quiet, smiley woman will talk to Ben nicely and kindly. "

I think Jessa is in for touble with Ben. I don't forsee them fighting but I think that Ben will quietly slip out with another woman who makes him feel like a man. 

immediately thought of Jon Gosselin!

On 5/6/2016 at 6:25 AM, PoshSprinkles said:

To be fair, Guinn did tell Ben something to the effect that Jessa may not be the one he should be setting his sights on. Whether that was looks-based (i.e. she's too cute for you) or otherwise is entirely up to your interpretation. 

wow, I wasn't aware of that!! On camera??

• Love 4
(edited)

Right after they started courting, Jessa and Michelle went to visit the Seewalds.  Guinn confessed that when Ben told her he was interested in Jessa, she told him she didn't think he had a prayer, because there must be dozens of guys breaking down her door.  She wasn't completely off the mark.  In a September 2013 interview with People magazine, Jessa said that guys approach their dad all the time asking to court them, but most of them were "creeps and weirdos".  The "creeps and weirdos" comment caused quite a stir. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Right after they started courting, Jessa and Michelle went to visit the Seewalds.  Guinn confessed that when Ben told her he was interested in Jessa, she told him she didn't think he had a prayer, because there must be dozens of guys breaking down her door.  She wasn't completely off the mark.  In a September 2013 interview with People magazine, Jessa said that guys approached their dad all the time asking to court them, but most of them were "creeps and weirdos".  The "creeps and weirdos" comment caused quite a stir. 

I'm sure they existed, though.  I mean, look at the creeps who used to count down the days until the Olson twins attained their eighteenth birthdays.  People have joked about Ben, but as a woman whose best friend is a straight man, I've heard a lot of stories about men in the aggregate, and there are a lot of straight-up, trying not to be too crass, blatant "hymen-chasers" who aren't even kind, or (I shudder) those who think they are trying to hide it, but aren't remotely successful. It probably was a creep-festival.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I'm sure they existed, though.  I mean, look at the creeps who used to count down the days until the Olson twins attained their eighteenth birthdays.  People have joked about Ben, but as a woman whose best friend is a straight man, I've heard a lot of stories about men in the aggregate, and there are a lot of straight-up, trying not to be too crass, blatant "hymen-chasers" who aren't even kind, or (I shudder) those who think they are trying to hide it, but aren't remotely successful. It probably was a creep-festival.

And add to that the probability that some of those creeps were from "among the fold". Maybe waiting for JimBoob to give them the nod when Jessa's breastsesses were the right size.

I almost have to give her points for recognizing the creep-factor.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

And add to that the probability that some of those creeps were from "among the fold". Maybe waiting for JimBoob to give them the nod when Jessa's breastsesses were the right size.

I almost have to give her points for recognizing the creep-factor.

About makes you shudder, doesn't it?  Imagine how socially unacceptable you have to be, for a Duggar to find your mien "creepy and weird".  A few of them probably stared openly at her endowments.

• Love 5
(edited)

A lot of the "creeps and weirdos" may also have been opportunists looking to jump on board the Duggar fame/money train back when it looked like it would never end. Since it takes one to know one, I'm sure Jim Bob is very good at sniffing them out.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Marigny said:

The more I watch these two the more thankful I am that my parents encouraged me to go to college, make mistakes and figure out who the hell I was before marrying/having children. 

Yes.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

I think it's fair to say that Bin has an over-inflated view of himself and his lot in life. In other words, he wasn't going for Jinger, the woman that he actually has something in common with. Oh, no. He wanted the most beautiful sister, despite the fact they a) have nothing in common and b) Jessa's personality resembles a piranha with hemorrhoids. Instead of someone who would make him happy, he chose a woman he believes others will envy him for attracting. Bin can't quite seem to decide which lofty career he should embark on, either. After all, he was a political science major to start (he could be President!!!!), he then decided he was going to be a televangelist (of COURSE he'd be great at it!) and now he's decided he'd like to be a rapper, despite the fact he has NO talent.

Bin will be onto the next thing before he's 25. And I don't think that "thing" will include Jessa Blessa.

He's just become a "real estate broker," whatever the hell that means in their language. 

As for Jessa, I imagine the "creeps and weirdos" remark (actually said on the show) was merely something she parroted from Boob, who was fielding the email requests to "get to know" his daughters. 

• Love 5

Although, considering it's the Duggars we're speaking of, it's possible Jessa never actually saw these prospective suitors, only heard about them, and JB was fobbing them off as 'creeps & weirdos', when in reality they were the type of guy who wouldn't fold to his command, robbing him of his precious meal-tickets.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm sure Boob starts off all potential suitors (you KNOW those girls don't have email accounts) with the stupid "Are You a Good Person" test. It's a favorite of Kirky Cameron, Ray Comfort, and the Maxwells. So...yeah....

http://www.needgod.com/004.shtml

I'm guessing I flunked. I'm fine with that.

I'll bet that Joshley Madison passed the test, though!

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's just become a "real estate broker," whatever the hell that means in their language. 

As for Jessa, I imagine the "creeps and weirdos" remark (actually said on the show) was merely something she parroted from Boob, who was fielding the email requests to "get to know" his daughters. 

He glanced through the real estate listings on line = "broker". Considering the fact another poster here looked up the licensed real estate agents in Arkansas and Bin is not among them, he's not eligible to take the broker exam in the first place.

Obviously, the "creeps and weirdos" that dared to pursue the Duggar daughters may also have had careers or lived in other parts of the country. Can't have that!

Question: Did Bin take the "test" below? Bigger question: Did he lie? He's sure not being truthful about his claim of being a "real estate broker", is he?

• Love 4
On 5/6/2016 at 8:39 AM, Mollie said:

I think that Jessa and Ben may be giving us a little glimpse of real life in the TTH. In public J'chelle may stand back and give JB the adoring stare when he speaks, but we've seen her intentionally humiliate JB on more than one occasion. I think it's pretty clear that JB adores J'chelle and thinks he won the lottery in the hot cheerleader/wife department, but J'chelle seems, at best, to tolerate him. I think that is the dynamic that Jessa expects to recreate in her own marriage -- whether or not Ben will continue to be a willing participant is still an open question.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm sure Boob starts off all potential suitors (you KNOW those girls don't have email accounts) with the stupid "Are You a Good Person" test. It's a favorite of Kirky Cameron, Ray Comfort, and the Maxwells. So...yeah....

And, once again, the Got Hard ethos intersects with the Scientologists.

And, Have you now or have you ever been...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

So there is 8 questions. 

#1 is about lying - we know the Duggars have. #3 is about attending church regularly - we know the Duggars don't. #7 is about lusting - we know the Duggars do. And then there is #6 - bible reading - draw your own conclusions there.

• Love 5

I expect that among the would-be Duggar suitors there are both "creeps and weirdos" as we might define those and "regular people" whom JB would define as "cs and ws" because he realizes he couldn't control them. Because, you know, guys look at young women and want things.

Actually, though, my money is on there being somewhat more cs and ws as we would define them. I really can't imagine that too many normal guys have ever looked seriously at the Duggar girls, their lifestyle, their parents and the insane rules they follow and retained the smallest desire to get involved with that family.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Actually, though, my money is on there being somewhat more cs and ws as we would define them. I really can't imagine that too many normal guys have ever looked seriously at the Duggar girls, their lifestyle, their parents and the insane rules they follow and retained the smallest desire to get involved with that family.

^^^My thoughts exactly. JB probably felt relieved that an apparently normal (horny) 17 year old from a family that seems to embrace his brand of fundie Christianity, was hot to marry Jessa. And I bet he checked out Derick pretty carefully before deciding he was OK: a recent college grad with a strong fundie faith and a hankering to go out into the world and preach the gospel. 

If those two were the cream of the crop - and so far we have no reason to think otherwise - can you imagine who else was hitting up JB for a chance at one of the girls? Ick.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What total bullshit. Anyone who claims they've NEVER told a lie is outright lying. Anyone who claims they've NEVER taken anything that didn't belong to them (stealing) is lying. 

These types of questions are often used on job applications to separate the honest from the not. The whole point is an honest person will admit to lying, stealing (ever made a personal phone call on company time, arrive late to work, etc...) and other 'typical' behaviors over their lifetime. A person with much (aka a Duggar) to hide wouldnt.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

If those two were the cream of the crop - and so far we have no reason to think otherwise - can you imagine who else was hitting up JB for a chance at one of the girls? Ick.

I agree. Jessa was the "hot"* Duggar daughter and the best she could pull was an unemployed 17 year-old who talks like he has marbles in his mouth. Even within their Fundie circles it doesn't seem like the A-list guys were beating down their door. I mean, just look at Derrick and Bin compared to the guys Erin and Alyssa Bates married. They're not even on the same playing field.

The problem with Jessa is she let fear and impatience be her main motivators for marrying Bin. Now you have two people stuck in a marriage with nothing in common, little to talk about and no long term goals. Fun times.

* I used an asterisk with hot because I think Jessa's looks are highly overrated. Jana and Joy are the real beauties in that family.

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

* I used an asterisk with hot because I think Jessa's looks are highly overrated. Jana and Joy are the real beauties in that family.

In my humble opinion, with the exceptions of Jill and Josie, the Duggars girls are fairly easy on the eyes.  However, in a couple of years, I believe Jenny is going to make them all look like trolls. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Even within their Fundie circles it doesn't seem like the A-list guys were beating down their door.

Remember the desperate attempts to attract Tim Tebow? I do. One would think he'd be the perfect fundie dreamboat, but he never got near that household (or any of the courting-age daughters), IIRC.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Remember the desperate attempts to attract Tim Tebow? I do. One would think he'd be the perfect fundie dreamboat, but he never got near that household (or any of the courting-age daughters), IIRC.

Do you think he would have passed "the Boob Test"?  Even though Tim believes in some of the same things the Duggars do, he was likely too "worldly" and had likely "given away too many pieces of his heart" to be worthy of a Duggette.  Tim wouldn't have been content to be under The Boobrella of authority for one. If Bin had had his own money and enough leverage, I don't think Boob would have let him marry Jessa Blessa.  Boob chooses his victims...errrrr...sons in law...to be mouth breathing dolts that he can easily control along with the daughters and any blessings they produce.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Do you think he would have passed "the Boob Test"?  Even though Tim believes in some of the same things the Duggars do, he was likely too "worldly" and had likely "given away too many pieces of his heart" to be worthy of a Duggette.  Tim wouldn't have been content to be under The Boobrella of authority for one.

Tebow had bigger fish to fry than the Duggars. According to Crazy Days & Nights, Jim Boob persisted long after Tebow told them he wasn't interested.

Jim Boob hand-picked Bin in order to make sure Jessa Blessa's life was miserable. Little education, an over-inflated view of himself and his talents, and his youth: I'm shimmying out on a limb here, but it isn't going well already.

• Love 9

A lot of the "creeps and weirdos" may also have been opportunists looking to jump on board the Duggar fame/money train back when it looked like it would never end.

I would put Ben and Marjorie in this category. I go back and forth on Derick and Anna.

I seem to remember back in ye olde days on that other site, there was a young conservative guy who wanted to take Jana away from it all. He could have been a creep and weirdo for all I know, but I wouldn't think it's impossible that the plight of the Duggar girls might appeal to someone who wants to be the hero. I also think the Boob wouldn't let anyone who thought his daughters needed saving anywhere near them. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Tebow had bigger fish to fry than the Duggars. According to Crazy Days & Nights, Jim Boob persisted long after Tebow told them he wasn't interested.

Jim Boob hand-picked Bin in order to make sure Jessa Blessa's life was miserable. Little education, an over-inflated view of himself and his talents, and his youth: I'm shimmying out on a limb here, but it isn't going well already.

Kind of sounds like Jessa..little education...over inflated view of self...Jilly Muffin is his favorite child...so yeah...he knew Jessa was going to likely get herself into trouble if he didn't find a respectable way to marry her off before she could fall.  Why else would he let her marry that man child?

• Love 2
(edited)

If the rumors on the internet that have persisted for the past 8+ years were true, surely people within the cult knew about Josh molesting his sisters. And while that was in no way their fault, the people within this patriarchal cult blame the victims. I often wonder if the princes in Gothard Land viewed the Duggar girls as tainted goods, regardless of their fame. For all of the attention their "ministry" has gotten, JB really had to go out of his to find spouses for his kids.

Anna was poor and sad in her wet, crunchy curls with the straight bangs. Sure, Josh repented his serial molestation habits, so that means it was a-ok for Anna to hightail it out of the sweltering Florida heat to the world of reality stardom. Too bad she had to forsake every shred of dignity she could claim as her FiL sold her and her children out. Now everyone with access to Google can watch her give birth on the shitter.

DDD had to be fished from the other side of the world to marry Jill. He wasn't raised in their cult, so he likely hadn't heard the molestation rumors. Jill likely confessed them and DDD seems like he'd be an actual human being and not hold her accountable for crimes perpetuated against her as a young child.

I still maintain that JB was against the whole Bin situation. Ben sought out the reality family. I think Jessa is savvy enough to realize that Bin was her ticket out of the girl's dorm and he was young enough to bend to Jessa's will. Jessa was getting out of that house even if it meant she was going to elope in order to see it through. I think Jessa is self serving enough to spill every secret to the highest paying tabloid, so JB gave in and, in turn, gave them the tiniest accommodations possible. 

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
Holy run on sentence, batman.
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I still maintain that JB was against the whole Bin situation. Ben sought out the reality family. I think Jessa is savvy enough to realize that Bin was her ticket out of the girl's dorm and he was young enough to bend to Jessa's will. Jessa was getting out of that house even if it meant she was going to elope in order to see it through. I think Jessa is self serving enough to spill every secret to the highest paying tabloid, so JB gave in and, in turn, gave them the tiniest accommodations possible. 

Imo she's saving this card for her next demand. She used the threat of eloping to get her man-child. Jessa and Josh are the only ones that we've seen any evidence of push back to JB (each in their own way). 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sometimesy said:

Imo she's saving this card for her next demand. She used the threat of eloping to get her man-child. Jessa and Josh are the only ones that we've seen any evidence of push back to JB (each in their own way). 

If she's smart, she'll wait until the money truck stops rolling in and she's half dozen ankle biters deep into this sham marriage. Fame is part of her identity and she has no other skills. I'm on the fence as to when she would likely spill the proverbial beans... probably when Bin has a foot out the door and she can try for her own gig minus her sister.

• Love 1
Just now, FakeJoshDuggar said:

If she's smart, she'll wait until the money truck stops rolling in and she's half dozen ankle biters deep into this sham marriage. Fame is part of her identity and she has no other skills. I'm on the fence as to when she would likely spill the proverbial beans... probably when Bin has a foot out the door and she can try for her own gig minus her sister.

Hesitating is a risky move because that greed gene might be leaving it's dormancy state in a few of the Duggs. 

It is interesting that no Gothard boys have shown up to court a Duggar girl.  I think all the Bates girls have landed Gothard boys, and pretty good ones at that.  Something is definitely off that Boob can't come up with similar results.  Maybe he really is off-putting.  Jana isn't damaged goods so that can't be her problem (unless something happened with Gothard himself and they kept it quiet--that wouldn't surprise me a bit!).

I don't see Jinger and Lawson as a couple anytime soon.  He's rather immature and all about his supposed music career.  I don't think he's ready to grow up but if Jinger is still around in a few years I could see it work out eventually.

• Love 3