Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm #BlessaBlocked, but I understand that she posted this cute video (posted on the Cancel the Duggars FB) yesterday, right around the same time Jill posted the Izzy birthday tribute. Remember how she posted all those "unseen" pics the day before (or maybe the day of) Famy's wedding?

Girlfriend just can't stand it when others are in the spotlight. She's a passive-aggressive bitch.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 18

Spurgeon is cute. I can't really tell with new babies, but he's cute now. 

What is it, that makes the sons-in-law turn into Duggars so quickly? I get Anna, she was raised the same way, but I don't understand why Bin isn't getting a real job. Did his dad take time off to babysit his mother? They have the show, sure, but if they can use home movies of Jill for Danger America, they can use clips of Bin and Jessa at a real college. In fact, wouldn't more people tune in to see how these two cope with that? 

• Love 5

Spurgeon is cute. I can't really tell with new babies, but he's cute now. 

What is it, that makes the sons-in-law turn into Duggars so quickly? I get Anna, she was raised the same way, but I don't understand why Bin isn't getting a real job. Did his dad take time off to babysit his mother? They have the show, sure, but if they can use home movies of Jill for Danger America, they can use clips of Bin and Jessa at a real college. In fact, wouldn't more people tune in to see how these two cope with that? 

JB probably has a good eye for potential spouses who can be cowed, run over and manipulated. Sick, disordered people are often very good at that.

• Love 11

My hearing is good but I often don't understand words they say on this show.  One example, when Jessa was saying Can Lights last week I thought I heard ken lights, or something like that.  There were a couple of other instances but can't recall what they were.  I probably don't want to recall.

The fake, exaggerated Southern accent doesn't help. No Jessa, it is NOT cute.

• Love 6

After it was announced that Anne Hathaway named her son "Jonathan", posters on several sites commended her for giving him a "normal" name instead of something like, "Spurgeon".  Ben and Jessa have become laughing stocks.  I don't think they'll ever live this down. 

• Love 6

So next week Bin raps. His sister is musical isn't she? There was a link to something she did musically so I'm guessing she is ok at least. Maybe Bin is musical and he will do ok with the rapping thing. They do a lot of synthesizing/mixing so if he can at least enunciate they may be able to make him sound pretty good. If he is really bad, I hope he laughs at himself. This family is too serious.  

• Love 1

Except they won't have to live with it anywhere near as much or as long as their son will.

In my fantasies he marches into court the day he turns 18 and has his name legally changed to Beelzebub, Defrauder, or Nike.

• Love 9
(edited)

After it was announced that Anne Hathaway named her son "Jonathan", posters on several sites commended her for giving him a "normal" name instead of something like, "Spurgeon".  Ben and Jessa have become laughing stocks.  I don't think they'll ever live this down. 

As Forrest Gump says:  Stupid is as stupid does.  This applies to so many situations, but I think it applies to just about everything the Duggars do.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 3

In my fantasies he marches into court the day he turns 18 and has his name legally changed to Beelzebub, Defrauder, or Nike.

More likely, Spurgeon will change his name to an extremely COMMON and normal name! Tim or Tom or John!

• Love 4

JB probably has a good eye for potential spouses who can be cowed, run over and manipulated. Sick, disordered people are often very good at that.

I never got the impression that JB picked Bin. The news of their "getting to know you" was leaked by a family member of Bin's. I've always felt like they were letting Jessa have her way only for JB to pray about it and magically decide that God™ didn't think it to be a good match. But the media caught on and it became a PR nightmare (up until that point that's what their nightmares consisted of.) Majessa and Bin spoke of eloping with is a Gothard no-no, because... umbrella of protection. At the end, I think they gave Jessa what she wanted and hoped for the best (plus she gave them another wedding season finale.)

• Love 5

Plus, don't forget, Bin's daddy wrote an Instagram urging young marriage! Even though Guinn was startled and shocked to hear Michelle state Guinn would most likely be a granny in a year. Well what did she expect?

• Love 3

Plus, don't forget, Bin's daddy wrote an Instagram urging young marriage! Even though Guinn was startled and shocked to hear Michelle state Guinn would most likely be a granny in a year. Well what did she expect?

No, that was Pa Seewald who wrote that early marriage screed about a week before Binjerm. in pipped the question I'm real time. It was an 11 month courtship in a very public eye. OTOH, Jessica the sleaze is under the radar with her more normal dating attitude, and living out of the household.

She's an idiot, and the boyfriend appears to be a troglodyte. It's sad when this is the best couple we can find dating in Fundieland. I ship Nathan and Ashley, but they have a hard road ahead

I never got the impression that JB picked Bin. The news of their "getting to know you" was leaked by a family member of Bin's. I've always felt like they were letting Jessa have her way only for JB to pray about it and magically decide that God™ didn't think it to be a good match. But the media caught on and it became a PR nightmare (up until that point that's what their nightmares consisted of.) Majessa and Bin spoke of eloping with is a Gothard no-no, because... umbrella of protection. At the end, I think they gave Jessa what she wanted and hoped for the best (plus she gave them another wedding season finale.)

Well, I don't mean that he necessarily picks them out, just that he is probably quite determined to stand as a gatekeeper, given his controlling nature. Your description is the way it happened, certainly, but I still think that Boob would scramble to find some way to drive suitors away. no matter what the circumstance, if he felt they were strong and independent people who'd stand up to the Duggar way. It wouldn't be hard to do that, really. And I can't believe that a variety of guys haven't come after the Duggar girls -- and yet the two who've ended up with daughters have both turned out to be very easily subsumed into Duggardom.

As usual, I'm biased by my experience in a family with gatekeepers who remind me a lot of Boob -- and radar for people who are too strong to handle as well as for people who are weak, along with millions of underhanded ways to drive the strong away and allow only the weak in, is strong in them. Boob may not be similar to these people, but he sure gives me the vibe that he is. So .... mileage may vary.

• Love 6

Bin seems awfully fire and brimstone for someone so young. He doesn't seem to enjoy his life at all.

I do think, dim as he is, that he started to realise what he  let himself in for - the hot wife being an overbearing bitch, the crazy family in law, a child to take care of....not something most young ones enjoy doing

• Love 7

If I am reading it right, that first t-shirt says: 

He who has no money

Buy without money

Without price

Can anyone tell me what that is supposed to mean? I am no bible scholar, but I don't think that's in the KJV 1611.

• Love 3

He who has no money

Buy without money

Without price

Can anyone tell me what that is supposed to mean? I am no bible scholar, but I don't think that's in the KJV 1611.

I'm sure they can twist it to some religious meaning to suit their needs, but basically it's spot on - Binny doesn't have a job, doesn't earn money, is hen pecked to shite and frustrated. This is the Duggar Motto - let others pay for us.

• Love 3

He who has no money

Buy without money

Without price

The passage is from Isaiah 55:1, and reads:

"Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters;

And you who have no silver, come, buy and eat.

Come, buy wine and milk without silver [money]."

Ben once again demonstrates his lack of reading comprehension, because the passage isn't about Jesus, but references King David:

"Incline your ear and come to Me.

Listen that your soul may live;

And I will make an everlasting covenant with you,

According to the faithful mercies of David.

Behold, I have made him a witness to the peoples,

A leader and a commander for the peoples." Isaiah 55: 3, 4

Ben's commentary with that T-shirt post contradicts what is given in Isaiah 55.  Preacher Ben says that salvation cannot be earned and that it can only be obtained from Jesus' blood.  The Biblical passage Ben uses to support his theory says the opposite:

"Let the wicked forsake his way

And the unrighteous man his thoughts;

And let him return to God

And He will have compassion on him,

And to our God,

For He will abundantly pardon." Isaiah 55:7

Ben Seewald should probably cease with the religious commentary on social media at least until he finishes his mail-order diploma from Moody Bible Institute.  If he ever applies for a job as a preacher, someone is bound to look up all of his social media posts. 

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 7

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD9YeGcgJle/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD136xYAJqV/

Bin has become a jesus shirt model! Oh, the poses of forgiveness!!! Bin must have done something awfully terrible to be constantly talking forgiveness.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD_zkTEDfj8/

Date night at chick-oh-fillet! Even after video-ing us about Jessa's home brew amazing iced coffee!

The milkshake hashtag is #chickfilaislife I need a bible quote. I don't get it :) 

• Love 2

When I saw Bin's "without price" shirt, I immediately thought it was an invitation to shoplift.  Because I'm a heathen.  Except it does look like that, with that hand being held out and all.

• Love 2

He who has no money

Buy without money

Without price

I'm no scholar of any sort, but I think it means grifting and free stuff with product placement. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 12

Well, I don't mean that he necessarily picks them out, just that he is probably quite determined to stand as a gatekeeper, given his controlling nature. Your description is the way it happened, certainly, but I still think that Boob would scramble to find some way to drive suitors away. no matter what the circumstance, if he felt they were strong and independent people who'd stand up to the Duggar way. It wouldn't be hard to do that, really. And I can't believe that a variety of guys haven't come after the Duggar girls -- and yet the two who've ended up with daughters have both turned out to be very easily subsumed into Duggardom.

As usual, I'm biased by my experience in a family with gatekeepers who remind me a lot of Boob -- and radar for people who are too strong to handle as well as for people who are weak, along with millions of underhanded ways to drive the strong away and allow only the weak in, is strong in them. Boob may not be similar to these people, but he sure gives me the vibe that he is. So .... mileage may vary.

I'm likely to believe that the Duggar daughters never hear about the people who contact JB about courting. He probably shows them the crazy ones in a way that's like, "see what I'm protecting you from?!" Bin wasn't on Boob's radar until he did the eight hour round trip Church Visit™ to accidentally run into a Duggar.

• Love 4

I'm likely to believe that the Duggar daughters never hear about the people who contact JB about courting. He probably shows them the crazy ones in a way that's like, "see what I'm protecting you from?!" Bin wasn't on Boob's radar until he did the eight hour round trip Church Visit™ to accidentally run into a Duggar.

Yep, that sounds like Boob to me.

• Love 2

No. I've seen lots of the females in VF families wearing pants. Not the Tool's, of course, but Perry what's his face who worked at the VF warehouse had a slough of pants wearing wimmens in his family, wife (who was heinous) included. You might remember them as the family who bolted like four pieces of plywood to a wall and called them "bunk beds" or "children stacked like cordwood." I think the latter goes back to the old days of FJ.

eta: they are the Coghlans. Perry was also known to drink alcohol, and rumor had it that Dougie also imbibed.

Edited by Sew Sumi

Did Vision Forum promote frumpers?

Not really. They pushed modest but they also pretty clearly aimed to look attractive to regular people -- professional and well-off people, even. The better to attract followers that it would pay to fleece, perhaps. 

There's a photo of rotten Doug and his family here --     http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/13/vision-forum-ministries-shut-down_n_4269403.html

And here are the Botkins   --     https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1380928139i/3327126._SX540_.jpg

And the Bauchams here --    http://www.educatorsathome.com/voddie-on-brokeness/

• Love 2

I watched VF go down in a blaze of glory (but since then largely forgotten about them.) Thanks for that walk down memory lane. (I wonder if Doug Phillips -is a tool - ever found the coveted anaconda in the Amazon.)

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 3

I watched VF go down in a blaze of glory (but since the nice largely forgotten about them.) Thanks for that walk down memory lane. (I wonder if Doug Phillips -is a tool - ever found the coveted anaconda in the Amazon.)

I heard he displayed the mighty trouser snake to his nanny.

• Love 4

Quintuple meh!!! I googled this Baucham guy, having never heard of him (obviously...)

He's a fraud to me, because his CV mentions "studied at Oxford". Now being a suspicious soul myself, I took the trouble to google him - et voila, he just did "some study" at a College. To say that he went to Oxford is putting him into a cache he doesn't deserve. Hell, I studied at Oxford! And I DO take great pains to make it clear that I simply went to a College there and not THE Uni. Meh meh meh

• Love 1

Quintuple meh!!! I googled this Baucham guy, having never heard of him (obviously...)

He's a fraud to me, because his CV mentions "studied at Oxford". Now being a suspicious soul myself, I took the trouble to google him - et voila, he just did "some study" at a College. To say that he went to Oxford is putting him into a cache he doesn't deserve. Hell, I studied at Oxford! And I DO take great pains

To make it clear that I simply went to a College there and not THE Uni. Meh meh meh

Taking my response to Sweet Fellowship.

Edited by Churchhoney

I'm #blessablocked. What's the evidence that Jessa has allowed evil rap music into her home (because we all know who the headship is in that relationship)?

Back at the mold house, Bin is bouncing Spurgeon on his knee, on the brown couch, and rap is blasting in the background. It's a short video telling where you can buy the song he recorded (Spotify was one source listed).

You have to wonder if Flame was another TLC plant, like Famy's Nashville "friends."

Her Nashville friends dearly departed when the talent agent for Amy and Grandma claimed they stiffed him for his earned commissions on the TLC deal.  Now, neither Grandma Mary nor Amy is on TLC and Amy has no agent.

I can't find any evidence that Ben ever met 'Flame' before the TLC gig.  When the episode was filmed in St. Louis, Ben recorded three interviews with him and posted them on YouTube.  Backward Ben of course, wears his backward hat.

Ben can't seem to decide if he wants to be a preacher, writer, rap star, or Christian talk show host. 

In the last episode, Jessa was visibly uncomfortable with the attention Ben gave to the female singer V. Rose, so maybe Ben won't be allowed to be a talk show host.

• Love 2

Rose looks like Gwen Stefani.

I think Jessa was shocked to see a group of young Christians having fun, being creative, pursuing their passion and moving their bodies to a beat. Those things are taboo at the TTH.

Bin really shouldn't have married at such a young age. You can tell there's experiences he wants to have, but it's going to be impossible with a lifesuck like Jessa chained to his ankle. She's so socially awkward it makes things uncomfortable for everyone else.

• Love 15

Rose looks like Gwen Stefani.

I think Jessa was shocked to see a group of young Christians having fun, being creative, pursuing their passion and moving their bodies to a beat. Those things are taboo at the TTH.

Bin really shouldn't have married at such a young age. You can tell there's experiences he wants to have, but it's going to be impossible with a lifesuck like Jessa chained to his ankle. She's so socially awkward it makes things uncomfortable for everyone else.

But it's better to marry than to burn, as Joshie has taught us all.

• Love 1

But it's better to marry than to burn, as Joshie has taught us all.

Lulz! It worked out so well for him and Anna, right? I don't doubt Bin and Jessa will be in the same position in a few years. Derrick will probably blow his brains out or disappear into the jungle before he and Jill hit the five year mark.

• Love 2

Wow, Jessa gives serious shade to V.Rose. Jessa didn't swivel her head at all. Just smiled staring front. Could be editing, but you know...

I really liked V.Rose voice. Seems like she's pretty laid back.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4