Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

It's actually rather diabolical...since the true political reason behind this religion is to create massive numbers of Gothard soldiers for the Crusades 2.0, what better way than to mindfuck kids into marriage and baby procreatin' as early as possible? Get 'em on it while they're hormonal, fertile, healthy, and stupid. Oh, and tell them it doesn't matter if they don't get along, because God.

• Love 6

At the beginning of Jessa's marriage to Bin, she DID gaze upon his countenance with great adoration while he spoke. Check out the Duggar Film on utube called A Christmas Tour (I think). It is before the scandals and is narrated by Josh. As Bin explains to us all about the sweet baby jesus being born, and thus creating the Christmas holiday, Jessa has the longest Headship gaze I can ever recall.

• Love 5

It does give a great deal of insight into the Duggar mindset if Bin having a night of harmless fun with friends is enough to send them into Threat Level Red and demand that photos be taken off social media.

These kids really lead such isolating, miserable lives. It's scary if a concert at a Conservative Christian college is still deemed to "worldly" to enjoy and attend.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13

It's scary if a concert at a Conservative Christian college is still deemed to "worldly" to enjoy and attend.

Conservative Christian College is where those who are slightly more liberal than the Duggars, but still highly oppressive send girls to get their MRS, and boys to be able to support a family. Ben went to the fundie equivalent of a pickup bar.

• Love 5

Conservative Christian College is where those who are slightly more liberal than the Duggars, but still highly oppressive send girls to get their MRS, and boys to be able to support a family. Ben went to the fundie equivalent of a pickup bar.

Whottttttt! Where was his so called "accountability partner" ? You know the headship appointed guardian of virtue (mole) that follows you everywhere and threatens to snitch if you put one foot out of line.....

• Love 5

Methinks this accountability partner, social media control, music/culture censorship etc, would send a 'normal' guy on the run. Bin was just out for the night with some people that aren't Jessa. I don't think he's on the run yet. Tighten those screws and it could go either way. Eg Josh. (Yeah Anna, I don't think Josh strayed because he wasn't controlled enough, I think it was a response to the control). 

• Love 3

Not only did Ma and Pa Seewald let Ben take a 3-hour-drive to go crash the Duggar homechurch, but two days later they took him to the Gothard annual homeschool conference so horny Ben could hit on Jessa again. (The Seewalds had never been to that conference before, and Ben stated that he had to talk them into going because he was desperate to see Jessa again.) Ben was 18-years-old at the time.

Actually, he was still 17, his birthday being in Mid-May.

• Love 1

What I notice about Benessa is that she doesn't seem to worship him in that dopey Fundy way that Jill and Michelle and Anna do with their spouses. For a cult so focused on shaming anyone not in total lock step, I'm wondering if their ilk has taken to Jezebel-shaming Jess-z-bel on some level. It seems such subversive behavior will not be tolerated privately in Fundy homes, let alone on national television...can you imagine the likes of Steve Maxhell tolerating such attitude from his wife or kids?

It's obvious she finds him tiresome and a dolt (how could she think otherwise given how immature he is)and she's so full of stank and contempt when she speaks of him. They've got a kid, both unemployed (except for the TLC freak show), living at Grandma's house...unable to cut the cord and leave the family compound...let's face it....once the TLC pay checks go away and Bin's rebellious desire to be a rapper albeit a Christian rapper gets stomped on by Jessa and Boob....and Joshley Madison takes on toilet duty...neither one of them will be able to survive the rigors of actual employment anywhere for anyone.

Boob has methodically ensured that they and the rest of his adult and married children will be dependent on him for life...and have no chance of being able to enjoy a life of their own or any sense of independence thereof.

True about Boob but Bin can up and leave anytime wants he isn't Boob's kid. Annnnndddd where is Michael Seewald to support his kid? We never see the Seewald family nor do we ever hear about them anymore. Michael somehow sold his kid out. Bin is just living like every teenager is living, having life experiences that make you or brake you----and I'm not talking about getting married young, just regular life experiences that many of us had before we got married. I bet Jessa is going to live a life of constant regret. Jana was right to say, "I'm not going to go with the first one that comes along."

• Love 4

I personally think Michelle encouraged Jessa`s rebellious spirit because it reminded her of when she was young. She seems to actively avoid Jill and Jana whereas she does seem to give attention to the spirited children, ie Josh, Jessa and Josie.

• Love 5

I bet Jessa is going to live a life of constant regret. Jana was right to say, "I'm not going to go with the first one that comes along."

And game, set, and match to Janarella, who just let the cat out of the bag re: Jilly Muffin, Jessa Blessa, and their marriages.

Let's see how long it takes anyone in the media to pick up on this...

• Love 8

I don't know if Ben was the first to come along, but Jessa made it clear that she was going to marry him, whether JB wanted her to or not. There was one occasion that hinted to JB not being fully on board, in addition to the longer than usual dating/courtship. One was when Jessa & Ben were going on a date, they were in the car with a J-boy who said to Jessa's remark about marrying Ben - "IF you get married." Jessa's response was "Oh, we're getting married!" 

Ben & Jessa were the driving forces behind getting married once they started courting, with some support form the Seewalds. 

I hope Jana doesn't feel like an old maid, and is not so desperate to get off the compound, that she marries just anyone, but who knows what is real with these people anymore.

• Love 5

We shouldn't assume Bin is in trouble for going out with his friends. Maybe Jessa supports Bin. Seriously, we're talking about a 20-year-old going to a concert with his friends. Even if it was heavy metal non-christian, jebus, not a big deal. Boob better not comment on this at all; he can get out of their marriage. He owes Jessa big time and she might just have another 'elope' moment. (She knows where the bodies are buried Boob)

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1

Sadly Ben, his parents, nor Jim Bob made up the marriage advice.  It's been around in fundie circles for decades.  I remember going to church with a friend and the sermon was about how God can make any marriage work as long as both partners have enough faith in God and do enough work at it and Bible study together.

Indeed. And if both parties aren't pulling their spiritual weight, then just one of them can pray and pray and pray and pray. And ask others to pray, and weep before the Lord, assiduously study the bible, and fast, and read all the recommended marriage books, and seek pastoral counseling. And pray some more.

Because that shit always works..if you're doing it correctly. Of course, continued trouble is a clear indication that you are not doing it well enough, so lather, rinse, repeat. Right Anna?

Not that I did it for 18 years myself, mind you!

• Love 11

We shouldn't assume Bin is in trouble for going out with his friends. Maybe Jessa supports Bin. Seriously, we're talking about a 20-year-old going to a concert with his friends. Even if it was heavy metal non-christian, jebus, not a big deal. Boob better not comment on this at all; he can get out of their marriage. He owes Jessa big time and she might just have another 'elope' moment. (She knows where the bodies are buried Boob)

I don't think Jessa had an issue with the concert. After all, she runs the show. If she disapproved, Bin wouldn't have went. I think it was Boob and Michelle who caught wind of it and flipped.

• Love 2
I personally think Michelle encouraged Jessa`s rebellious spirit because it reminded her of when she was young. She seems to actively avoid Jill and Jana whereas she does seem to give attention to the spirited children, ie Josh, Jessa and Josie.

These three are absolutely her favorites, the only ones she seems to care about at all. But, as is usually the case, it's all about Michelle and her narcissism. Josh is her Crown Prince, proof that she fulfilled her womanly duty by providing her husband with a firstborn son and heir. Jessa is a reflection of herself as a teenager. Jessa is the "hot" one, the one who would be a cheerleader and mow the lawn in a bikini if Gothard allowed such things. And Precious Miracle Baby Josie is her prize trophy, her ticket onto the podium at right-to-life rallies where she can brag about her dangerous pregnancy and bask in the crowd's admiration. 

• Love 8

Ben married Jessa for sex

Jessa married Ben to get out of duggarland and for attention.

Seewaulds saw $$$$$

Jim Bob saw $$$ and ratings.

Now Ben is an uneducated boy with a kid and wife.

Ben was star-struck with Jessa and started stalking her. That's just what he did with the rapper Flame. (He started sending Flame emails, and then met him just a few months ago, and now says they are "good friends.")

Right before Ben married Jessa, he sent this dorky letter and posted it on Instagram:

ben-seewald-letter-to-jessa-duggar.png

"These elegant pearls looked quite majestic when I picked them out.

"However, they were a bit lonely ... what good are such beautiful pearls if not to have the grace of being worn by one so elegant and majestic as yourself?.

"These pearls were lonely ... just like I am when we’re apart; but not anymore. I love you my precious Princess! – Your Man, Ben"

As for the little hearts he drew, what other 19-year-old boy would do that? ♥ ? ♥ ? ♥

Your man?? He has good handwriting

• Love 6

Another day, another Duggar lie. 

In the last episode, Jessa blathered on about how the photo session with Jinger and Sierra's family was the first time that she had returned to the Thorncrown Chapel where Ben had proposed to her. In reality, the photo session took place at the Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel, not the Thorncrown Chapel where Ben proposed. 

Why do they lie about things when it's not necessary??? Or has Jessa already forgotten where Ben proposed to her?

That's strange. It looked like the same place to me -- are we sure they didn't just rename/remodel it? It seems unlikely that there'd be another chapel in the middle of the woods within driving distance of their area.

So basically Ben is saying he would have married any chick as long as she looked good and believes in his God?

That about sums it up. And that's not an uncommon mindset in fundy land. I used to have it myself, and nearly entered into a disastrous marriage as a result, but thankfully I saw reason!

• Love 4

The architectural details of the two churches are actually very different as you can see below.

However, I am guessing that TLC banked on the fact that no one could tell the difference in a quick establishing shot and they chose to film at the Mildred B. Cooper Chapel precisely because it is a closer than Thorncrown Chapel. Probably the difference of 1 hr (Thorncrown) vs 30 minutes (Mildred B. Cooper). Remember, Jessa took a train and car ride in order to reach Thorncrown Chapel in her engagement episode. Therefore, the production team basically chose to lie in order to avoid traveling an extra 30 minutes to film at Thorncrown Chapel. 

Thorncrown:: 

ben-and-jessa-seewald.jpg

Mildred B. Cooper::

12509313_982166288530991_460241338368226

A close-up of the door at Mildred B. Cooper::

11659409_974190619336838_127526784186493

Now, look at Sierra's pictures::

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEKlRXLoiP3/?taken-by=sierrajodominguez&hl=en

IMHO, there is no doubt that the photo session took place at the Mildred B. Cooper chapel, not Thorncrown chapel. 

and the seats in the Thorncrown chapel had blue padded seats, the other white. Definitely 2 different places.

• Love 4

Those chapels are beautiful. Someone chose a very nice setting for the engagement. 

Sorry Izzy, you have your moments, but Spurgeon is flooding Jessa's instagram with cuteness.

I don't see why TLC had to lie. You can always work Jessa's engagement into this segment. They could say, Jessa got engaged at Thorncrown, but taking pictures at this chapel for whatever reason. Then work it in on how they are similar.

It's almost like they are 'killing' the show. Like DJ's 'kill' songs. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2

Those chapels are beautiful. Someone chose a very nice setting for the engagement.

Sorry Izzy, you have your moments, but Spurgeon is killing instagram with cuteness.

It's almost like they are 'killing' the show. Like DJ's 'kill' songs.

I think Jessa is just much savvier when it comes to having her kid camera ready. I think both kids are cute in that generic way all babies are cute, but poor Izzy is always a sweaty, half-naked, disheveled mess. If you dolled them both up and put them side by side, I don't think one would stand out over the other. The Duggars are homogenous like that, lol.

• Love 10

Those glass "outdoor" chapels are popular in that area of the country.  There is one in Hot Springs also. Although why lie about it when telling the truth is just as easy.  The chapels are all similar but still different enough to be easily noticed.  I think it may be another example of how gullible the leg humpers are and then everyone is thought to be as accepting and unobservant or lacking in critical thought processes.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

Aaaaaaaand...what would we call the members of The Phillipians? Ms. Stank, Toilet Boy, and L'il Spurge?

Flame or his producer called th baby "the Spurgeonator," which I enjoyed very much.

Since Ben is a married headship now, why the heck can't he go out if he wants to? I don't get it.

• Love 7

I think Jessa is just much savvier when it comes to having her kid camera ready. I think both kids are cute in that generic way all babies are cute, but poor Izzy is always a sweaty, half-naked, disheveled mess. If you dolled them both up and put them side by side, I don't think one would stand out over the other. The Duggars are homogenous like that, lol.

That's true. Boys even go through that weird 14-20 year old awkward gangly ugly phase, so it could be years before one really takes the lead. Both are happy little fellas they get cute points for that. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1

At the end of the day, Boob rules the roost. I think he's still bitter over being the nerd in high school, so Bin doing something that is socially normal really sticks in Boob's craw. Because Boob had no friends, he loved the Gothard philosophy that married people must be attached at the hip 24/7 and forsake all other relationships, interests and hobbies. Poor Bin is probably neck deep in toilets right now.

• Love 3

Josh.

Sure - I get that Josh is behind the crackdown. But why must Ben agree to it? Maybe just too young (and indentured) to remind JB that Ben himself, according to Gothardism, is his own real adult. Baby steps. Am hoping Ben and Jessa eventually give the finger to this whole so-called belief system. I have never been thrilled by Ben but I was very happy to see having fun with enthusiastic Christian musicians. I saw a lot of cracks in that sour facade Ben so often presents.
  • Love 3

The architectural details of the two churches are actually very different as you can see below.

However, I am guessing that TLC banked on the fact that no one could tell the difference in a quick establishing shot and they chose to film at the Mildred B. Cooper Chapel precisely because it is a closer than Thorncrown Chapel. Probably the difference of 1 hr (Thorncrown) vs 30 minutes (Mildred B. Cooper). Remember, Jessa took a train and car ride in order to reach Thorncrown Chapel in her engagement episode. Therefore, the production team basically chose to lie in order to avoid traveling an extra 30 minutes to film at Thorncrown Chapel. 

Thorncrown:: 

ben-and-jessa-seewald.jpg

Mildred B. Cooper::

12509313_982166288530991_460241338368226

A close-up of the door at Mildred B. Cooper::

11659409_974190619336838_127526784186493

Now, look at Sierra's pictures::

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEKlRXLoiP3/?taken-by=sierrajodominguez&hl=en

IMHO, there is no doubt that the photo session took place at the Mildred B. Cooper chapel, not Thorncrown chapel. 

Wow, thanks for the enlightenment! It is absolutely clear that you're right. I realize now I just had a vague memory of the chapel in the woods because they're quite different. I had never seen anything like that, and I guess TLC was banking on most people being like me and just blindly accepting their lie. :) It really was pointless, though.

Is there a possibility that Thorncrown wouldn't let the Duggars film there anymore?

Sure, maybe, but no matter what, it was ridiculous for them to lie about where they were.

• Love 4

Sure, maybe, but no matter what, it was ridiculous for them to lie about where they were.

Of course it's ridiculous. But if the church did say they couldn't film there again, I can see them lying because they wanted to pretend someone didn't say 'no' to them. They figure if they pretend they are still filming there, then they are. After all - they are experts at altering reality by pretending.

• Love 2

Flame or his producer called th baby "the Spurgeonator," which I enjoyed very much.

Since Ben is a married headship now, why the heck can't he go out if he wants to? I don't get it.

Didn't we decide at some point that he needs an accountability partner?  Or, at least that JimBoob does and/or took little JSpawn with him to serve as such in the past, and has outright spoken about Meechelle being his own accountability partner?  It probably would have been deemed fine if Jessa had gone to the concert too.  

• Love 1

Who posted the pics? I saw some screenshots but not sure where they came from or if it's the same pics referenced here.

A girl who attends the college and also a Duggar friend. Her family attends (attended, if rumors are true that they are now attending Cross Church). She *claimed* that she made her Instagram private because she was going into teaching. I get that, but she wouldn't be working until next fall, at the earliest. The timing of her snatching those pics back was classic poster's remorse.

I bet Ben was filmed there; that is the only reason I could see Jessa green-lighting his attendance there.

• Love 5

It never ceases to amaze me that people seem absolutely ok with a mean God who wiles away the heavenly hours by devising painful 'tests' of human faith and godly devotion.

Perfect!

Alas, on the Duggar-Seewald Cruise Line, there is no money back guarantee when their marriage hits the high and turbulent seas.

Ok, another guffaw on my patio with this one. My dogs are looking at me with a worried eye.

And imbibing Ipecac makes one vomit. So what's your point there, patriarch Seewald?

You Guys are KILLING me here tonight!!!

On the menu aboard the duggar-seewald cruise line is ttc, chicken segetti, melted root beer floats and Starbucks coffee. Don't even think about asking for a cocktail.

Tonight's entertainment features bin seewald dropping beats from that old favorite"10 Reasons You're Going To Hell" and his latest hit "I Change all the shitdiapers because blessa told me to"

No need to worry about life boat muster because there are no lifeboats.

Passage is limited to judgemental famewhores. Must be willing to marry a duggar offspring you hardly know and sell your soul to tlc and jimboob duggar.

Space is limited so call today.

• Love 11

Dessert is one milkshake with two straws, to be lovingly shared with a partner while you take a raised brow, buggy-eyed commemorative selfie.

And don't even think about nodding your head to the sick rhymes Bin spits out, ships have prayer closets too...

• Love 12

JB probably has a good eye for potential spouses who can be cowed, run over and manipulated. Sick, disordered people are often very good at that.

Explains why Jana & Jinger have said there have been inquiries but none passed the sniff test. 

I thought Ben said he emailed Flame and then "they sort of hit it off". I just figured Flame had opportunity in his eyes, figuring, "Isn't that the kid from that TV family? Maybe if I get tight with him I'll get some airtime and exposure. Let's see what's up."

Ben emailed Flame after someone from TLC talked with his agent and suggested it. Flame saw and opportunity for some free publicity on a national platform and he ran with it. 

• Love 4

Dessert is one milkshake with two straws, to be lovingly shared with a partner while you take a raised brow, buggy-eyed commemorative selfie.

And don't even think about nodding your head to the sick rhymes Bin spits out, ships have prayer closets too...

HA! I know just the face you mean. It does seem to be the new duck face, doesn't it, now that that one has been so thoroughly ridiculed that it's gone out of fashion. I wonder what people like Sierra and Jessa would have done if they had been born into an era without Pinterest and social media. Well, actually, Sierra loves PInterest. I honestly don't think Jessa has the initiative to complete anything so elaborate. Sierra makes me feel exhausted when I think of her five kids age five and under, beginning a SOTDRT, and her endless Pinterest projects. And I have a lot more initiative than Jessa, that's for sure! (Also, I find it absolutely hilarious that Sierra calls dipping strawberries for friends a ministry. Sure, it's nice, but how is that helping people spiritually, which according to them is what a ministry is all about?

• Love 3