Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Ms V Rose looked a little "dermatologist fresh". Does Christian hip hop make that sort of money?

Not sure. She may be from money. I think Bin wants to fit in with this group and have the back and forth Jesus talks with some fun and laughter. Instead he is a marionette for the Duggs. No more romance from Bin, he is enslaved and it's been televised. So far I think it's been mentioned in each episode how Bin does the diapers, Jessa is determined to push that fact each and every time she can. Last week, she went over the top: plop, here's Spurge, I can see you are busy packing Bin, but get right to this, smile. I'll go over here and do nothing. Bin is better off with a bottle of milk than Jessa. 

• Love 7

Her Nashville friends dearly departed when the talent agent for Amy and Grandma claimed they stiffed him for his earned commissions on the TLC deal.  Now, neither Grandma Mary nor Amy is on TLC and Amy has no agent.

I can't find any evidence that Ben ever met 'Flame' before the TLC gig.  When the episode was filmed in St. Louis, Ben recorded three interviews with him and posted them on YouTube.  Backward Ben of course, wears his backward hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4GAZ4T1-YE

Ben can't seem to decide if he wants to be a preacher, writer, rap star, or Christian talk show host. 

In the last episode, Jessa was visibly uncomfortable with the attention Ben gave to the female singer V. Rose, so maybe Ben won't be allowed to be a talk show host.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JsVHbBXhtw

BUT BUT , isn't Bin the "headship?"

• Love 1

Rose looks like Gwen Stefani.

I think Jessa was shocked to see a group of young Christians having fun, being creative, pursuing their passion and moving their bodies to a beat. Those things are taboo at the TTH.

Bin really shouldn't have married at such a young age. You can tell there's experiences he wants to have, but it's going to be impossible with a lifesuck like Jessa chained to his ankle. She's so socially awkward it makes things uncomfortable for everyone else.

This!! I've seen this in different forms. I went to college with some kids from super legalistic families. They just can't reconcile what they've been told is how to measure someone's faith and what they find to be true when they meet people who don't follow the same rules they were taught. I watched kids who were raised to believe that  there are a list of behaviors that are not done if you are a "good Christian". But then they meet people who *gasp* drink wine, wear pants, watch TV, dance, date, choose their own husband, go to college, get tattoos, are gay, etc. and when they get to know them they discover they have deep faith and love for God. It's confusing to them because those two things aren't supposed to be compatible. 

• Love 12

I thought Ben said he emailed Flame and then "they sort of hit it off". I just figured Flame had opportunity in his eyes, figuring, "Isn't that the kid from that TV family? Maybe if I get tight with him I'll get some airtime and exposure. Let's see what's up."

• Love 9

Wow, Jessa gives serious shade to V.Rose. Jessa didn't swivel her head at all. Just smiled staring front. Could be editing, but you know...

I really liked V.Rose voice. Seems like she's pretty laid back.

Jessa would never admit it, but she was obviously intimidated by V.Rose. She wouldn't even look at her. I'm sure Jessa is jealous because what talent does she have to offer anyone? Other than popping out blessings and being the "hot" Duggar, Jessa really is nothing more than a pretty face with no substance. Bin was raving about V.Rose and Jessa was not happy. Does Bin ever rave about Jessa?

• Love 9

I thought Ben said he emailed Flame and then "they sort of hit it off". I just figured Flame had opportunity in his eyes, figuring, "Isn't that the kid from that TV family? Maybe if I get tight with him I'll get some airtime and exposure. Let's see what's up."

See I was sort of thinking it was kind of a risky move to be on the show. It isn't like he doesn't have a career. He's got 7 or 8 albums. He's been nominated for a Grammy. He's doing well for a Christian musician. 

• Love 4

See I was sort of thinking it was kind of a risky move to be on the show. It isn't like he doesn't have a career. He's got 7 or 8 albums. He's been nominated for a Grammy. He's doing well for a Christian musician. 

That's interesting. The vibe that I got was that they were all desperate to be on teevee, and they were hamming it up for all they were worth (particularly the sound guy).

Honestly, I think that Jessa was completely overwhelmed -- this was all so far out of her wheelhouse. As far as I know, she has only traveled once without her entire family (her honeymoon), the guys were African-American, V Rose had chosen to style her hair in other than Gothard-approved waves, they were rapping about Jesus instead of underlining Bible verses, the sisters were from India, and they had stuff going on and they were interested in showcasing their own work rather than fawning all over Jessa and talking about how amazing she was to come from a family with sooooo many children. Any one of these things would have thrown Jessa off her game, I think she just plastered on a smile and sat still to keep from crawling under the chair and curling up in a ball.

On another note, it was Flame's wife, not Jessa, who brought her wedding album to lunch (I can't fault anyone who assumed it was Jessa). I think that they thought photos of their exotic wedding would make great teevee (and I couldn't help but notice that we saw zero photos from the wedding).

• Love 20

My perspective was that if I got to know a girl, I was attracted to her, and, most important, she was a woman of God, then these things were far more important than personality compatibility from the world's perspective.

In other words, Bin's criteria were "hot" and "Christian", in that order.

Good luck with that, sweetie. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 19

My perspective was that if I got to know a girl, I was attracted to her, and, most important, she was a woman of God, then these things were far more important than personality compatibility from the world's perspective. Having the perfect personality match is overrated.

Oh, you let your dick do the thinking.

Yeah, good luck long term.

• Love 14

Ben's ideas sound great in your head when you are 19 years old.

I would like to see this couple in 15 years...when reality sets in.

I wish them well but I personally think they are in for a rough ride down the road.

• Love 8

Either that, or Ben left out [on TLC's orders] the part where he emailed Flame after TLC told him to because they'd arranged for him to be on the show.

Bin may have just emailed the guy on his own, but where would he have found him? What would he have written to him about? What kind of first email would Bin write to make this guy pursue it enough for Bin to ultimately see them as "hitting it off," even if the guy was enticed by tv fame. I'm skeptible that this was truly Bin-initiated. TLC initiates pretty much everything else that the Duggs have done on their shows (other than get pregnant and act like idiots). So I think the odds are in favor of their initiating this as well, really.

• Love 8

Well, though he did mention attraction first, he did amend that to her being " first and foremost a woman of God". But even that being so, it seems as though the hotness factor is more important in his mind than compatibility.

So, Ben...what do you think lasts longer? Looks or personality?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 5

TLC is doing a book giveaway for Growing Up Duggar, now with a new addendum from Jill/Derick and Ben/Jessa that focuses on their relationships from courtship to the marriage altar. While I doubt that derpy Ben actually wrote his section by himself, I found the sentiment that he expressed (via ghostwriter, no doubt) to be extremely enlightening given the frosty on-screen relationship between him and Jessa lately.

Ben::

"Some people place an exorbitant amount of emphasis on personality and whether their personalities complement each other. I was never set on a certain personality type. I didn't say, "I need a bold, outgoing girl." Or "I would go best with a sensitive, feeling, contemplative type of girl." My perspective was that if I got to know a girl, I was attracted to her, and, most important, she was a woman of God, then these things were far more important than personality compatibility from the world's perspective. Having the perfect personality match is overrated. Just say, for example, that my personality did clash with that of my wife. What a great opportunity to learn patience and to work through conflict by God's grace! In the end, with God's help, it would turn me into a more patient, less narrow person, who could get along well with any personality type.

Let me know how that works out for you, Benny Bob. Y'all are going to kill each other in 10 years. 

Wow. Total focus on conflict, the need to be more patient, and the lack of a personality match already. Pretty much says it all.

Yeah, Bin. You just go on thinking that being a good match with your spouse is an unnecessary frill as long as you're sexually attracted and she's best buds with Jesus. Surround yourself with people you don't get along with but who are Jesus's pals, why don't you? That'll be a test for your faith all right.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Either that, or Ben left out [on TLC's orders] the part where he emailed Flame after TLC told him to because they'd arranged for him to be on the show.

Bin may have just emailed the guy on his own, but where would he have found him? What would he have written to him about? What kind of first email would Bin write to make this guy pursue it enough for Bin to ultimately see them as "hitting it off," even if the guy was enticed by tv fame. I'm skeptible that this was truly Bin-initiated. TLC initiates pretty much everything else that the Duggs have done on their shows (other than get pregnant and act like idiots). So I think the odds are in favor of their initiating this as well, really.

As I noted in the episode thread, Flame was probably as much a "friend" to Ben as those people in Nashville were to Famy during her specials. Which means, they had no fucking clue about these people. 

• Love 6

That's interesting. The vibe that I got was that they were all desperate to be on teevee, and they were hamming it up for all they were worth (particularly the sound guy).

Honestly, I think that Jessa was completely overwhelmed -- this was all so far out of her wheelhouse. As far as I know, she has only traveled once without her entire family (her honeymoon), the guys were African-American, V Rose had chosen to style her hair in other than Gothard-approved waves, they were rapping about Jesus instead of underlining Bible verses, the sisters were from India, and they had stuff going on and they were interested in showcasing their own work rather than fawning all over Jessa and talking about how amazing she was to come from a family with sooooo many children. Any one of these things would have thrown Jessa off her game, I think she just plastered on a smile and sat still to keep from crawling under the chair and curling up in a ball.

On another note, it was Flame's wife, not Jessa, who brought her wedding album to lunch (I can't fault anyone who assumed it was Jessa). I think that they thought photos of their exotic wedding would make great teevee (and I couldn't help but notice that we saw zero photos from the wedding).

Oh I agree. Jessa was completely overwhelmed. She had no idea what to do with people who are independent, think for themselves, have fun, have experiences etc. And a woman with a career who Bin thought was great.. Jessa thought V.Rose was the devil. 

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC told Flame's wife to bring her wedding album just so she'd have something to talk about with Jessa. What else could they possibly talk about? Jessa has no life experience besides her wedding. She has no education. She has no aspirations. She's the kid at the grown-up table trying to be included. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 17

Oh, you let your dick do the thinking.

Yeah, good luck long term.

He saw her on tv. Is he trying to convince himself. He sought her our for shallow reasons. Now he is trying to matyr himself for a huge mistake. Works for her.
  • Love 6

Outside the cult, he would have been able to date different types of women and figure out which personality types he was most compatible with. Before being chained to her for life.

• Love 6

I was watching the new season of Alone on the History Channel tonight, and in the first episode they were introducing the contestants. There was one guy who was 44, had a 26 yo child, and was already a grandfather. He said "I got married at 18 and right away became a father and that was my choice and I'm good with it. But now, it's MY TIME!" And I thought, that's Bin. In 25 years, that's Bin.

• Love 7

Good grief, he'll have some fun ahead of him. That does speak volumes.

He'll either end up a complete religious nutter, a serial killer or in psychiatric care. WHY do you want to spend your life with someone disagreeable? There's only so much saintliness any one can dredge up

Edit, Hell, why not just repeatedly stick a needle in your eye? What a great way to overcome pain and blindess and be a more patient person?

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 8

Outside the cult, he would have been able to date different types of women and figure out which personality types he was most compatible with. Before being chained to her for life.

Chained for life and sentenced to being the resident diaper changer in the house. Can you imagine a life with a shrew who certainly has at least a few more babies in mind and will expect you to change every shitty diaper that comes down the pike. Lucky thing for Ben, I'm sure the frost has already happened in their dusty ass bedroom so the baby train has slowed a bit for him.

• Love 5

Chained for life and sentenced to being the resident diaper changer in the house. Can you imagine a life with a shrew who certainly has at least a few more babies in mind and will expect you to change every shitty diaper that comes down the pike. Lucky thing for Ben, I'm sure the frost has already happened in their dusty ass bedroom so the baby train has slowed a bit for him.

Ben could easily discontinue the perpetual changing of the diapers by getting a full-time job! Off of Duggar property! Wasn't Jessa raised to be a SAHM?

• Love 13

." My perspective was that if I got to know a girl, I was attracted to her, and, most important, she was a woman of God, then these things were far more important than personality compatibility from the world's perspective. Having the perfect personality match is overrated. Just say, for example, that my personality did clash with that of my wife. What a great opportunity to learn patience and to work through conflict by God's grace! In the end, with God's help, it would turn me into a more patient, less narrow person, who could get along well with any personality type.

Let me know how that works out for you, Benny Bob. Y'all are going to kill each other in 10 years. 

Oh yeah, the whole " Ill change after marriage argument!" Works every time! This marriage is doomed if he already knows at a fundamental level they don't even get along. OMG. This is why you date. So you know how hard it is to be with someone with major differences, and that being hot and having sex will not make up for having no compatibility... 

totally agree. if they dont kill each other in ten years, itll be 5! 

• Love 5

I think Ben and Jessa are a great couple.... as a first serious relationship. I think Ben thought she was cute and fun. Jessa thought Ben was exciting because he had been places and was better looking than her sister's boyfriend/husband. She was giddy to have a relationship and Ben liked the attention. Sounds like a typical late teen quasi-serious relationship. If they had been allowed to date, they would have found out things they liked and didn't like in partner and it would have been a worthwhile relationship, even though it ended. 

But now they are stuck in their teenage romance for life.

• Love 10

My perspective was that if I got to know a girl, I was attracted to her, and, most important, she was a woman of God, then these things were far more important than personality compatibility from the world's perspective.

That's the perspective of a mature adult, right there.

• Love 8

That's the perspective of a mature adult, right there.

Ikr? Anyone who's in a long term relationship will tell you personality compatibility is most important. Look at how many actors, athletes and wealthy businessman cheat on gorgeous wives.

Honestly I don't get the fuss over Jessa to begin with. She only stands out as the "hot one" because you see her within the context of her family. Throw her in with the Bates girls or with Ashley Salyer and her friends and she's nothing special. Plus, for me, her nasty attitude diminishes any physical attractiveness she may have.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11

I think Ben and Jessa are a great couple.... as a first serious relationship. I think Ben thought she was cute and fun. Jessa thought Ben was exciting because he had been places and was better looking than her sister's boyfriend/husband. She was giddy to have a relationship and Ben liked the attention. Sounds like a typical late teen quasi-serious relationship. If they had been allowed to date, they would have found out things they liked and didn't like in partner and it would have been a worthwhile relationship, even though it ended.

Actually, Jill and Yeti had nothing to do with Jessa's choices. She met and began courting Ben while Jill was still "getting to know" Yeti via Skype. Benessa were two months into their courtship before Jill headed to Ne.

So, it really boils down to Ben's TV crush on the "hot" Duggar and his machinations in order to receive permission to attend the Church of the Holy Warehouse to meet her face to face.

• Love 5
Just say, for example, that my personality did clash with that of my wife. What a great opportunity to learn patience and to work through conflict by God's grace! In the end, with God's help, it would turn me into a more patient, less narrow person, who could get along well with any personality type.

That's right Bin, keep telling yourself that.  Let's see how that works for him as the years go by.  Faith cannot cure incompatibility.

• Love 6

TLC is doing a book giveaway for Growing Up Duggar, now with a new addendum from Jill/Derick and Ben/Jessa that focuses on their relationships from courtship to the marriage altar. While I doubt that derpy Ben actually wrote his section by himself, I found the sentiment that he expressed (via ghostwriter, no doubt) to be extremely enlightening given the frosty on-screen relationship between him and Jessa lately.

"Some people place an exorbitant amount of emphasis on personality and whether their personalities complement each other. I was never set on a certain personality type. I didn't say, "I need a bold, outgoing girl." Or "I would go best with a sensitive, feeling, contemplative type of girl." My perspective was that if I got to know a girl, I was attracted to her, and, most important, she was a woman of God, then these things were far more important than personality compatibility from the world's perspective. Having the perfect personality match is overrated. Just say, for example, that my personality did clash with that of my wife. What a great opportunity to learn patience and to work through conflict by God's grace! In the end, with God's help, it would turn me into a more patient, less narrow person, who could get along well with any personality type.

Bwahhaaaaaaahahhaaa Jessa is Bin's science experiment!!!

• Love 5

This certainly explains why Jessa gave V.Rose some serious side-eye in the studio. Ben was enjoying her fellowship a bit too much for her taste. I bet he got an earful when they were alone.

• Love 6

Well, in this case Jessa's shade is 100% justified. She married an idiot with zero life experience who prioritizes hotness over compatibility. He might as well have written "I will eventually cheat on you" in the vows.

• Love 13

Friar Dumbfuck.

You win the entire internet today for posting this!

Bin loves his helmet hair, just like Boob. Blessa and Bin are J'Chelle and Boob 2.0, except I don't think Bin is anywhere near as smarmy as professional snakeoil salesman Boob. I'll bet he approves of Bin's hair, but probably throws a conniption every time he sees Derick's Geico caveman hair/beard.

• Love 5

Well, in this case Jessa's shade is 100% justified. She married an idiot with zero life experience who prioritizes hotness over compatibility. He might as well have written "I will eventually cheat on you" in the vows.

I think the best shade thrown to date was Jana declaring she wasn't going to marry "the first guy who came along." Hmmm, I wonder which Duggar sibling she was talking about?

• Love 15

LMAO! Hoisted on my own petard!Touche!

• Love 2

I think the best shade thrown to date was Jana declaring she wasn't going to marry "the first guy who came along." Hmmm, I wonder which Duggar sibling she was talking about?

I'm even more curious if it was one of her now brothers in law.

• Love 2

Good grief, he'll have some fun ahead of him. That does speak volumes.

He'll either end up a complete religious nutter, a serial killer or in psychiatric care. WHY do you want to spend your life with someone disagreeable? There's only so much saintliness any one can dredge up

Edit, Hell, why not just repeatedly stick a needle in your eye? What a great way to overcome pain and blindess and be a more patient person?

Nutter gets my vote.

• Love 5

Don't be too wounded, I can only say that with such conviction because I married a similar idiot.

Jessa was probably also feeling very insecure about her formerly hot body at the time. Pity that I can't muster any sympathy for her. She married the horny moron.

• Love 5

Ben was star-struck with Jessa and started stalking her.  That's just what he did with the rapper Flame.  (He started sending Flame emails, and then met him just a few months ago, and now says they are "good friends.")

Right before Ben married Jessa, he sent this dorky letter and posted it on Instagram:

ben-seewald-letter-to-jessa-duggar.png

"These elegant pearls looked quite majestic when I picked them out.

"However, they were a bit lonely ... what good are such beautiful pearls if not to have the grace of being worn by one so elegant and majestic as yourself?.

"These pearls were lonely ... just like I am when we’re apart; but not anymore. I love you my precious Princess! – Your Man, Ben"

As for the little hearts he drew, what other 19-year-old boy would do that? ♥ ? ♥ ? ♥

• Love 10

Jessa was once fun? And Jessa herself had already traveled around the world with the show. Where had 17-year old Bin ever been? Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 2

"your man, Ben"

*draws tiny little hearts around flowery curlicue purple prose*

Mmmkay.

(I normally try to avoid gender stereotyping and using words like girly or effeminate in a negative sense because it's kind of misogynist and just factually wrong because girls are awesome, but BIN IS WRITING LIKE A NINE-YEAR OLD GIRL and no offense to nine-year old girls but unless you are one yourself why would you find this attractive or bragworthy? I'd have been be curled up in a ball of laughing embarrassment if my boyfriend had written something like this to me, not posting it online).

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 15

He's an idiot. I hope those words are tasty, Bin!

• Love 4

Actually, Jill and Yeti had nothing to do with Jessa's choices.

YETI.

I wuv you.

BIN IS WRITING LIKE A NINE-YEAR OLD GIRL and no offense to nine-year old girls but unless you are one yourself why would you find this attractive or bragworthy?

There's a reason why MOST people don't post love letters or notes they receive from their significant others online. It's private. I really detest Jessa Blessa, but just this once, I feel a bit sorry for Bin. He didn't deserve to have his gushing, ridiculous letter posted online for all to read. And there's something wrong with Jessa Blessa that she would think it was appropriate to share with over a million people.

I'm also sorry he's now chained to a woman who is never going to return his affection. Maybe he thinks this is a "test" from "the Lord" as well.

• Love 16

There's a reason why MOST people don't post love letters or notes they receive from their significant others online. It's private. I really detest Jessa Blessa, but just this once, I feel a bit sorry for Bin. He didn't deserve to have his gushing, ridiculous letter posted online for all to read. And there's something wrong with Jessa Blessa that she would think it was appropriate to share with over a million people.

The "elegant and majestic" Jessa didn't post that drivel online; Ben did.  After Ben put it online, it appeared on the Duggar Family Blog:

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2014/08/a-duggar-love-letter-and-more-updates.html

• Love 2