Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Just now, dargosmydaddy said:

Quite possibly this. The Duggar "ugly sweater" Christmas party seems a combination of Halloween and ridiculousness/ ugliness that extends far beyond sweaters. I'm amused that Jessa's idea of uglification for Ivy meant a big-ass collar similar to the ones she sported herself in the prairie frumper days.

This might make sense it Jessa had even an inkling of a sense of humor. But she doesn’t.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

The speculation on Reddit is that Jessa was making a statement about how much she hated the prairie dress collars she and her sisters had to wear when they were young.

Well, they sure are ugly. Ivy deserved a prize.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lilwhitelion said:

The speculation on Reddit is that Jessa was making a statement about how much she hated the prairie dress collars she and her sisters had to wear when they were young.

I saw that and I think they’re wrong. Jessa has no sense of humor or whimsy.

• Love 19

What I'd like to know is why the Seewald's own that white collar to begin with. I cringe when thinking its likely Ivy's play version of Jessa's breast-friend nursing cover-up. 

I also wonder if Ivy knows who Rapunzel is. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

There are some other images of that play dress on the net and some kids have t-shirts on under it as it looks like it has a tendacy for the front to droop which exposes the chest.   This probably happens more when it's a bit bigger than the kid's true size.   I think a t-shirt would have been better than that white table cloth she put on her.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

There are some other images of that play dress on the net and some kids have t-shirts on under it as it looks like it has a tendacy for the front to droop which exposes the chest.   This probably happens more when it's a bit bigger than the kid's true size.   I think a t-shirt would have been better than that white table cloth she put on her.

These are people who don’t hesitate to video their toddlers running around in just diapers. We’re talking about a 2-year old, with no “chest” to be concerned about. And yes, a T-shirt would’ve been so much better!

• Love 9

Maybe the dress is too big and the neckline was slipping down one shoulder.  That is a huge "cover up".  It looks like she could trip on the hem.  In Jessa's mind, it is easier to just cover her up than actually alter the dress, after all.  Poor kid.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What I'd like to know is why the Seewald's own that white collar to begin with. I cringe when thinking its likely Ivy's play version of Jessa's breast-friend nursing cover-up. 

I also wonder if Ivy knows who Rapunzel is. 

My first thought was that the collar was part of some sort of Thanksgiving pilgrim dress-up or something, and toddlers being toddlers, Ivy liked it and wanted to wear it with her princess dress. I just don't see Jessa or any of the Duggars except Michelle buying something like that as a serious modesty panel. Jessa has no fashion sense at all but her tastes aren't THAT bad. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

also, Jessa is joyless and unimaginative but her dressing of Ivy and Fern have been fairly normal and non fundie-frou-frou. She isn't into dolling them up in countenance-enhancing wear. 

Yes, but remember she wouldn’t let Henry have the pink bike he wanted? 😢

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

also, Jessa is joyless and unimaginative but her dressing of Ivy and Fern have been fairly normal and non fundie-frou-frou. She isn't into dolling them up in countenance-enhancing wear. 

After being her brother’s victim I’m sure she would like to keep her daughters as frumpy and unappealing as possible to avoid temptation on any males part. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

After being her brother’s victim I’m sure she would like to keep her daughters as frumpy and unappealing as possible to avoid temptation on any males part. 

I don't think that is happening. Jessa has posted pics of Ivy in only a diaper as well as wearing little frilly dresses.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa needs the money, y'all! 

She’s not the only one who will have to up her grift. Alyssa Bates announced they will be posting two videos per week, and she seems to be posting more IG stories.

I was happy to see the kids have proper snow gear including beanies and mittens. Jessa is going to have to really work on her content if she is expecting to make more money. The kids were not very excited, Ivy fell asleep. The boys (Ben included) have picked up Jessa’s monotone delivery.

I must have missed something about the snow ice cream. Jessa showed 4 half gallons of heavy cream on the drive to the TTH for the recipe. Then they are at home making snow ice cream using milk. WTH?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I quit 5 minutes in. They have rigged Ivy's car seat buckle with a shoelace or twine or something. They somehow have forks in the middle of a snowy field, and then they flipped back to sledding in 2021. Oh, and for some reason Ben is studying.

2 hours ago, SMama said:

I must have missed something about the snow ice cream. Jessa showed 4 half gallons of heavy cream on the drive to the TTH for the recipe. Then they are at home making snow ice cream using milk. WTH?

The part when they were making it was a throwback to 2021. 😁

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Ha, Ben didn’t want to eat the ice cream in case there was dirt in it. But, hey, it’s ok to feed it to the kids.

Yup and Jessa picked an ant out of the ice cream, tossed the ant and said it’s ok because ants are clean. 🤨

• LOL 3

The whole snow ice cream was a bit dodgy 

Ben pulled on his boots and went outside to scrape snow off the top of their picnic table and when he came back in he stomped a few times to get the snow to fall off the soles of his boots and Henry immediately starts scraping it off the floor and into his mouth…. Ben had to tell him “don’t eat that! It’s got dirt in it!”

Ben also worried about dirt in the snow he scraped off the picnic table but Jessa just carried on measuring and stirring until she noticed the ant in the bowl. 🐜

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Ben also worried there might be spiders in his boots because he hadn't worn them in a while. 

I'm not surprised they have a bug problem. That kitchen table was littered with crumbs and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages. If this is the stuff Jessa thinks is acceptable to film, I can't imagine what goes on behind the scenes. They're all so slovenly. Poor kids.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Ha, Ben didn’t want to eat the ice cream in case there was dirt in it. But, hey, it’s ok to feed it to the kids.

Then Jessa was quick to undermine his concern by captioning (can’t think of the proper word) that Ben ate the ice cream and had seconds. 

• LOL 5
23 minutes ago, SMama said:

Then Jessa was quick to undermine his concern by captioning (can’t think of the proper word) that Ben ate the ice cream and had seconds. 

I saw that. I wonder if that's even true? Jessa is a Duggar afterall & they believe it's ok to lie when they're doing their TV (or SM) "ministry".

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I have never seen a fireplace placed like that! I wouldn't have given up the windows in the rear of the house either. Doesn't she need to keep an eye on the eleventy billion kids she's going to have?

• Love 11

Why on Earth did they remove those windows?! The laundry room is going to look like a dungeon. Ditto for the master. 

The fireplace location is odd, but I know Jessa had no control over that. 

White walls with her brood? Yikes.

The one smart choice Jessa made was ditching the black and white patterned tile for the laundry room. That's one of those style ideas you'll be sick of after a month. Josie Bates has them in her kitchen, albeit in a lighter color, and I'm not a fan. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Maybe its me, but it looked like the living room area was very tiny, and if that's a gas fireplace, they could have put it anywhere they want. Behind the door, in the entrance is silly. If its real and had to be there, I would have closed it up. I'm a tad jealous of her laundry room.

• Love 4

It drives me nuts that she has 4 kids, but says one of the bedrooms is a bonus room that might be used for a school room. How about putting one of your kids in there. If it doesn't have a window, put one in, instead of taking them out. It's like Jill with Izzy and Sam. You don't need a guest room. Put a sofa bed in Derick's office for guests. Give the boys their own rooms.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Of COURSE it's titled "Fixer Upper." Oh Jessa, you are no Joanna Gaines. Not even close. 😂

She's farther from it than even Jana is. And we know the size of the gulf there, since Jana's been unintentionally showing us that gulf for years now. 

• Love 7

I think she took out the windows for the laundry space and the master bath (which is still a bad idea, but it's not a bedroom). 

I see she's emulating her parents in terms of having one space to hang clothes. Can she even call all of the bedrooms legal bedrooms if she elects not to put closets in any of the bedrooms? Actually, this whole layout reminds me of a mini-TTH (minus the two stories I guess). 

And WTF re: the placement of that fireplace? 

I will say that the design app does look pretty cool. 

• Love 9

In the video she was saying that dirt won't be visible on the floor tiles. Same with crumbs on the countertops she is choosing. So I guess cleaning this house too is out the window. (Well, one of the windows she hasn't gotten rid of yet.)

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She has pretty bad taste. 

Well, considering the major factor in all of her design choices is how well the material will hide dirt; she has a very narrow selection from which to choose.    Jessa's only goal with her design is that she is able to do as little as possible in terms of housework.  Same theory behind putting all the kids' clothes together in the laundry room.  She probably removed the windows because 1. she'd might have to wash them every now and then and 2. less light coming in means the mess is less easy to see.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 19

I chuckled when Jessa said she had to call Jana, the family designer I guess. And Jana just kind of shrugged and mumbled something. Thanks Jana. I guess if she hides the crumbs Ben can’t complain about the kids eating off the floor? It did seem that her main concern was hiding dirt and grime.

• Love 12