Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

At this point, people know where Bin’s church is. There is no longer an excuse for Jessa to hide it. Is she not proud of him?

I wonder if Jessa is aware of the sleuths that found his church? She may well still think it's a well-kept secret. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if Jessa is aware of the sleuths that found his church? She may well still think it's a well-kept secret. 

I guess that’s possible, but some people figured it out months ago. I find it hard to believe that she didn’t know. 

1 hour ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I saw that. Busted! Of course she’ll lie about it, as usual. 

54 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think it's possible Ben told Jessa not to say anything about his job. He doesn't seem to have any interest in being part of her videos.

That doesn’t excuse her claiming that they got the house with their savings, if it was given to them. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Hey, godzgirl384, godzgirl385, and godzgirl386 are totally real people!  How dare you imply they are fake! 

They sound like followers that Josh would have enjoyed!

• LOL 10
On 1/13/2022 at 5:37 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I'm still kind of surprised Jessa responded to the nay sayers about her house and finances.

She has been brought up to never respond.  Never engage.  So this is quite out of the ordinary for her.

Were her SM numbers dwindling and she needed to strike up the band?

If it's really not their home but a home belonging to the church why would she say anything?

Something just seems off and out of the ordinary about this whole firestorm.

So....Jesse was fishing for more S M followers according to Reddit!  I thought something strange!

3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So....Jesse was fishing for more S M followers according to Reddit!  I thought something strange!

I’ll never click on any of her YouTube videos to give her hits, but I know other snarkers do. I wonder how many snarkers and bots are part of YouTube audience?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

the willis clan is handling their father being in prison the way you are supposed to....and NOBODY brings it up...the difference is...the willis girls came out and said yes we were victims...we got set free, he  got what he deserved...if the digger girls would come with honesty about josh...as in...we are victims and he got what he deserved...INSTEAD of defending him as no big deal....maybe people would treat them differently...if Jesse really wanted to build her brand and make money and be independent...she gonna have to break from the family narrative as Josh as the Holy Child...the first duggerling that writes the tell all wins...wins the money , wins the internet, wins a following...the premise needs to be..."my life as a former dUgger slave mother, sister, molestation victim..blah blah..and look how I am overcoming...in the kitchen, by remodeling my house..blah blah...Jill is sort of doing this -- but we need on to go scorched earth...

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, louannems said:

I hate the way Michelle puts down her parents by saying "the things a child will do when their parents are not around".  Come on Michelle.  That is the way most kids played and were raised then.  We were out all day long playing within about a half mile radius of our homes.  We went home to eat and when the street lights came on.

It didn't mean our parents were not around or were bad parents.

Not only that, but everyone, other parents and neighbors watched out for everyone. Someone always knew what the neighborhood kids were up to and it was almost always harmless fun and games.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, louannems said:

I hate the way Michelle puts down her parents by saying "the things a child will do when their parents are not around".  Come on Michelle.  That is the way most kids played and were raised then.  We were out all day long playing within about a half mile radius of our homes.  We went home to eat and when the street lights came on.

It didn't mean our parents were not around or were bad parents.

Just had to follow the pile of bikes to find the kids.

• Love 18
On 1/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, GeeGolly said:

The Felon isn't in jail because of the molestations, so that has nothing to do with the sisters. And all the sisters did say It was the right verdict. Well, I can't remember, but Jessa may have skirted it a bit.

But I don't think anyone can tell a survivor what is the correct way to handle their journey, nor do they owe anyone an explanation.

Agreed.   The ones who should get the negative press and the criticism for Josh's crimes are the one who committed them, and his parents who helped indulge him and cover things up so they were able to escalate. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Agreed.   The ones who should get the negative press and the criticism for Josh's crimes are the one who committed them, and his parents who helped indulge him and cover things up so they were able to escalate. 

I still don't quite understand the cover up theory. What did they cover up and from whom?

Their family and friends knew about the molestations, the church and church elders knew, a politician knew and even members of the community knew. Short of going to the police, which honestly, IMO, most parents wouldn't do, who else could they have possibly told? And what families, in the real world, go around talking about the bad shit that happens in their families? IMO, the Duggars were more open about Josh's assaults, than most would be.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I still don't quite understand the cover up theory. What did they cover up and from whom?

Their family and friends knew about the molestations, the church and church elders knew, a politician knew and even members of the community knew. Short of going to the police, which honestly, IMO, most parents wouldn't do, who else could they have possibly told? And what families, in the real world, go around talking about the bad shit that happens in their families? IMO, the Duggars were more open about Josh's assaults, than most would be.

How about legitimate professionals who could have (properly) treated both the victims and their abuser?   It's particularly heinous if they did indeed approach it with the attitude that the girls bore any responsibility at all for what happened, as has been suggested.  

• Love 14

10 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I've often thought "What would *I* do in this situation? A situation in which one of my children commits a crime against another of my children?" It would be painful enough to have a child of mine commit a crime, but a crime against a sibling? I just. Cannot. Fathom. I truly do not know what I would do.

But I know what I WOULDN'T do: go on national television as my ministry to tell the world that my way of raising children is ideal. 

Because clearly it isn't.

This has always been my primary issue with them, what I think of as JB and Michelle's "crime" in all of this, and why I feel there is nothing unethical about the release of the police report.  Because I agree with @GeeGolly that they were extraordinarily open about Josh's actions, and they, by all accounts, actually believed that Josh was molesting his sisters and tried to do something about it. They did everything wrong, obviously, because being a fundamentalist is by definition doing everything in life wrong, but they did something other than ignoring and denying. But them seeking out fame as a ministry at the same time that they were dealing with Josh...that they put Josh, who was in the middle of his punishment for molesting his sisters, front and center as their charismatic golden child who was clearly heading towards great things, makes them deserving of nothing but vitriol for the rest of their days. There's no way to know what would have happened without the fame and money, obviously, but I have to think that seeking out fame and putting Josh out there as their pride and joy was definitely a factor is his escalation. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Of course she loves homeschooling/nonschooling!  None of those pesky schedules to get in the way of her busy life.  No need to get up early to get kids ready for school and to catch the bus.  No one bothering to monitor the learning going on or making sure the kids are making progress.  No one helping Henry with his speech,  No making sure the kids have good lunches when they can just graze from the Triscuit box all day. What's not to love?

This sums it up.  I agree that many, if not most, parents would have a tough time turning their own child over to the authorities in this situation, but most would not have continued to brag about the superiority of their way of life.

And most people wouldn't say it is no big deal because it was touching over the clothes. And that it happens a lot in families in their religion.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

And most people wouldn't say it is no big deal because it was touching over the clothes. And that it happens a lot in families in their religion.

TRIGGER WARNING:

Except in the trial testimony we found out that Josh "digitally penetrated" his sisters and they woke up screaming and punched him.

11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They had to have at least one who followed the parental plan.  I'm a bit surprised it's Jessa though.  

I think it's because Ben is by far the most cowed in-law. 

• Love 11

I think the word bitch is so subjective. In the real world it is often used to under mind women in leadership roles, in addition to calling someone crabby and as a snarky term of endearment among tight friendships. Jessa's bitchiness, to me, is more in the bully category and bullies are usually very insecure, so I'm not surprised she has embraced her parents' beliefs, because many of the beliefs are based on fear.

But what I really think cemented it for Jessa is her relationship with Michelle. I think Josie's birth was a big turning point for them. Jessa stepped up and took over the homeschooling and helped in other ways. It was the first time in her life she rose above Jana and Jill, so Michelle actually bonded with her mini-me. Probably the only true bond she has with any of the 19. If Jessa ever had any fleeting doubts about leaving the fold, that bond took them all away.

I think Jessa will forever be her parents number one supporter and will forever follow their ways.

All that, in addition to thinking the Duggar 19 enjoyed their childhoods, love their parents and don't see a need to change things up.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

I don't know plants but should that big ass thing be indoors? It just looks so out-of-place, and not just because of the weird spot she put it in.

It would probably look great in a larger foyer near a staircase. At least better than in a crowded living room with a lower ceiling.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, skatelady said:

I've often thought "What would *I* do in this situation? A situation in which one of my children commits a crime against another of my children?" It would be painful enough to have a child of mine commit a crime, but a crime against a sibling? I just. Cannot. Fathom. I truly do not know what I would do.

But I know what I WOULDN'T do: go on national television as my ministry to tell the world that my way of raising children is ideal. 

Because clearly it isn't.

I would get them real therapy from a licensed clinician. And that therapist would follow the law and make a report to CPS. I have no problem with that 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 14

As stated in the guidelines for this forum- it is not appropriate to bring comments/posts from individuals who are not the Duggars to mock them. People are allowed to have whatever opinion about the Duggars that they wish.

We understand that one may bring a social media post made by a Duggar over and the commenter names may not be blurred out, but the primary discussion should be about the original post- not the response to the post. 

Sharing links/articles/podcasts etc about the Duggar family is fine ( make sure it is placed in the appropriate thread), but again, your post should be primarily about the Duggars, not what other people not participating in this forum think of them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Weird, that's a different carpet from just a few weeks ago.

Also how many of you think they've already moved and Jessa is posting old pics?

Yeah, I am was going to suggest it was an old picture. It's not shorts weather in AR of late. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Weird, that's a different carpet from just a few weeks ago.

I can think of at least 4 different carpets they’ve had in there.

This one is different than the one at Christmas time.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the word bitch is so subjective. In the real world it is often used to under mind women in leadership roles, in addition to calling someone crabby and as a snarky term of endearment among tight friendships. Jessa's bitchiness, to me, is more in the bully category and bullies are usually very insecure, so I'm not surprised she has embraced her parents' beliefs, because many of the beliefs are based on fear.

But what I really think cemented it for Jessa is her relationship with Michelle. I think Josie's birth was a big turning point for them. Jessa stepped up and took over the homeschooling and helped in other ways. It was the first time in her life she rose above Jana and Jill, so Michelle actually bonded with her mini-me. Probably the only true bond she has with any of the 19. If Jessa ever had any fleeting doubts about leaving the fold, that bond took them all away.

I think Jessa will forever be her parents number one supporter and will forever follow their ways.

All that, in addition to thinking the Duggar 19 enjoyed their childhoods, love their parents and don't see a need to change things up.

I don't think Jessa "stepped up" to do anything.  She followed directions and did as she was told.  Janna  "took over" mom duties for Josie, and Jessa was just doing as instructed.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't think Jessa "stepped up" to do anything.  She followed directions and did as she was told.  Janna  "took over" mom duties for Josie, and Jessa was just doing as instructed.

I'm talking about when Josie was still in the hospital and the family was living in a rented house nearby. Jana and Jill weren't doing mom duties for Josie yet. I'm basing my opinion from what I saw on the show at the time and what Michelle has said about Jessa's help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, I am was going to suggest it was an old picture. It's not shorts weather in AR of late. 

Jason posted snow yesterday and there's no snow on the house behind Spurge. She just can't help herself.

On another note, I hope the extra bedroom at the new house is not a guest room/office. I hope its a school room. That poor kid, its like playing where's Waldo - where is Spurgie's desk going to show up next.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I agree. "Stepping up" would imply independence and initiative. Those are two qualities that are admired in the real world, and mercilessly stamped out in Gothard-land. If Jessa took over home-schooling, it's because she was told to do so, and she was obedient. Obedience is the only admirable quality.

I think that all of the older daughters had their own strategy for getting attention from their mother. Jana appears to have acted out until she was beaten and tomato-staked into submission; Jill was a rule-follower; Jessa may have used mirroring. I don't think Jinger, Joy, and the Lost Girls even tried -- they looked to their older siblings for approval.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 1/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, lascuba said:

I don't know plants but should that big ass thing be indoors? It just looks so out-of-place, and not just because of the weird spot she put it in.

It’s a fiddle-leaf fig

I have one almost that big but it’s in a room with vaulted ceiling so it looks fine… Jessa needs to find a better spot for it.

• Love 5