Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if the kids will adjust easily to sleeping so far away from their parents. They all stayed in the parents room beyond they first year and then were just across the hall. And assuming Ivy will have the other bedroom, I wonder how she'll adjust to sleeping alone for the first time. As it is now, she shares a bed with Henry.

I cannot help thinking that after the Josh molestations, they need cameras in there.

11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I sometimes forget that my Midwest ass is the one who rarely wears a coat in the winter.  Southerners will wear one when it's 40 degrees.  I get by with sweaters and a fleece.  I don't break out the wool coat until it's in the low 20s.

Not all southerners wear a coat at 40. For me it is only if it is windy without sun. If the sun is out and no wind just long sleeves are good. I guess there is no one size fits all.  Some of us southerners dress differently in cold weather than others. When I travel to the PNW in winter I can usually tell the natives. Some of them are in shorts and flip flops. But again- some of them are dressed more warmly.  My family who lives out there is used to it. They don’t always wear coats in the cold dark winter. Not so much for me. And I learned with first son - if he was cold he looked for more clothes. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Not all southerners wear a coat at 40. For me it is only if it is windy without sun. If the sun is out and no wind just long sleeves are good. I guess there is no one size fits all.  

I agree, it's not one size fits all, for sure. There are individual differences, and how acclimated you are to the weather at hand.

If Jessa's kids are getting some fresh air and running around outdoors in winter in Arkansas, I doubt they need to be all bundled up unless they're having an unusually cold snap. She's a mess in many ways but I doubt her family needs a huge coat closet to meet their needs.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree, it's not one size fits all, for sure. There are individual differences, and how acclimated you are to the weather at hand.

If Jessa's kids are getting some fresh air and running around outdoors in winter in Arkansas, I doubt they need to be all bundled up unless they're having an unusually cold snap. She's a mess in many ways but I doubt her family needs a huge coat closet to meet their needs.

Indeed - I am in metro Atlanta and it is 39 out right now but bright sunlight and no wind. I will not need a coat, gloves or hat when I go out soon.  Kids running around would be sweating if all bundled up. But 39 here is different than 39 in the PNW at least for me. The southern sun is very warm 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

But 39 here is different than 39 in the PNW at least for me. The southern sun is very warm 

Very true. This isn't quite the same, but I had a good laugh at one of my poor coworkers who was from New York State a few years ago. He'd relocated to AR in the fall and it was spring and already starting to get warm. He was uncomfortable with the heat but was sort of monologuing about considering how dry the winter had been, he assumed we had a dry heat during the summer. Everyone else in the room started giggling because, um, nobody who has ever experienced an AR summer would describe them as dry. When it was explained to him that, nope, he got to look forward to humidity that wrapped around you like as the world's grossest blanket as soon as you stepped out of the house, he looked like he was ready to burst into tears. 

More on topic: I do often think the Duggars seem to dress weirdly for the seasons here, but again to be fair to them, I am someone who gets overheated easily and probably doesn't dress warmly enough when it does get cold. Maybe some of their worst offenders in that regard are also easily overheated. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8

Where I lived in CA, it is almost unheard of to have rain in the summer.  On the very rare occasions that we would have a light rain, even just a few drops, you would see people decked out in their winter coats and carrying --and using--umbrellas.  It could be 85 degrees, but the thinking was "if it is raining, it is winter".  It would just crack me up.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Where I lived in CA, it is almost unheard of to have rain in the summer.  On the very rare occasions that we would have a light rain, even just a few drops, you would see people decked out in their winter coats and carrying --and using--umbrellas.  It could be 85 degrees, but the thinking was "if it is raining, it is winter".  It would just crack me up.

Well, we don't have summer rain wear, so what choice so we have? 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I saw that earlier, my random thoughts. Fern is cute and giggly.  Spurge does seem to play with/help his siblings or maybe he just like to be the boss. They all play pretty well together (at least on her videos). Henry continues to say kind of morbid things. He was talking to Jessa about the big drift on the deck table and says if that was ice and he stood on it, it would cut his feet off. Jessa said well that escalated fast and told him it was snow and snow was fun. Ivy is not a morning person and she is pretty adventurous. I thought by the title they were be at the Duggars but they were at the Seewalds and Ben's brother was helping the kids.  Too bad they didn't have sleds, the riding in a bucket and running into fences looked a little dangerous but sledding usually is. Back home Ben makes a snow angel in his clothes and no coat. 

• Useful 1

Henry is gorging on snow and says he’s hungry per Jessa. She asks the child if he is hungry, and responds yes. The natural response for Jessa is to keep recording instead of feeding her hungry child. She is truly Michelle 2.0.

• Love 1

Jessa’s videos are super boring. She needs some lessons from the Bates girls on how to edit or something. Her comments while filming are really dull and monotone, most of the time I couldn’t figure out what she was saying. And while her kids are cute, how many times are we going to watch them eat snow?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Jessa’s videos are super boring. She needs some lessons from the Bates girls on how to edit or something. Her comments while filming are really dull and monotone, most of the time I couldn’t figure out what she was saying. And while her kids are cute, how many times are we going to watch them eat snow?

I’ve never known Jessa to be excited about anything.  She cries every time she delivers a baby but other than that, she appears emotionally dead.

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve never known Jessa to be excited about anything.  She cries every time she delivers a baby but other than that, she appears emotionally dead.

JB&M did a superb job with JessaBot.

35 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Definitely a bit sociopathic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Or on the spectrum.

Possibly. Has she ever shown empathy for anyone else other than her own immediate family? Done volunteer work? Because those on the spectrum often do those things. Which category does snarky, cruel, and defensive behavior fall into?

ETA - I agree it could be either, both, or none of the above 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Jessa may be less animated than say, Jill, but other than her dry videos, she tends to show emotion. She really just sucks at story telling. It seems of the Fundy ilk, they're either over the top and fake, or very underwhelming, in their videos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Possibly. Has she ever shown empathy for anyone else other than her own immediate family? Done volunteer work? Because those on the spectrum often do those things. Which category does snarky, cruel, and defensive behavior fall into?

ETA - I agree it could be either, both, or none of the above 

I don’t think Jessa has ever shown empathy for anyone other than Jessa. She was robotic during the MK interview while Jill was having a meltdown, sitting right next to her.

Ben was merely a means to an end, getting the hell out of the TTH. He made her look good by chasing the hot Duggar. She could not muster excitement about her husband finally earning a degree.

The same goes for her children. She cried when they are born because that is what breeders do. Or maybe she is truly grateful for the extra clicks birth brings. JessaBot has a ca$hing response to giving birth. I feel terrible for her kids. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa may be less animated than say, Jill, but other than her dry videos, she tends to show emotion. She really just sucks at story telling. It seems of the Fundy ilk, they're either over the top and fake, or very underwhelming, in their videos.

Sociopaths do show emotion, but generally only for themselves. But I know you know that already! 🙂 She just has sociopathic traits, IMHO.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I hope the Seewalds live on a dead end street. She sure didn’t seem concerned when Ivy slid into the street twice. She was not close enough to save her if a car was coming. 

They don’t, and it’s a corner lot.

• Useful 7

I've said this before but Jessa's voice shows her lack of emotions and feelings clearly. She is cold as ice. That may not be her "fault" but she is an adult now who could at least try.

She's also lazy as fuck, a filthy pig to boot and doesn't care a scrap for her children. That "school" photo of poor wee Spurge shoved into a corner in messy living room........well.....

• Love 19
40 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

All of the Duggar females have made a point of making sure that we know that they WANT to be homemakers, and yet the visual evidence tells a completely different story.

While I don't think Jill is a very good homemaker, she is, at least, trying. For someone who appears to know everything there is to know about everything, Jessa doesn't seem to know very much about keeping a home, and doesn't seem interested in learning.

She equates her filthy home with being "relaxed." The older two children are developing the feral qualities that we associate with the TTH. Spurgeon looks lost and lonely and his clothes never fit him unless Jessa has planned a family photo shoot (and even on those occasions, his clothes only sometimes fit). Henry is still a toddler, but he's wandering around the house marginally supervised trying to scrounge up something to eat.

If she was trying at all, I'd give her some credit, but she just puts the least imaginable effort into everything. I can't imagine what she does all day -- we know she's not cleaning, or cooking, or supervising her children. She has no hobbies or interests -- there's certainly no garden at the mold house. She doesn't read, and they don't have a tv, so she's not lolling around watching her stories. She put up a shelf once, full stop.

She’s the plant lady! The shelf she put up over her bed was loaded with plants. Plus her girls have plant names. But that seems to be the only sort of hobby she has shown any interest in. Also, I believe Henry is 4, so he should be doing preschool work with him. Jessa probably believes her parents did a great job raising kids so she is just doing the same. 

• Love 8

Henry is 5?! In both segments of the snow day video he wandered off solo and ate snow. I wonder if there's more to Henry than always wanting to eat and maybe its more about wanting to put things in his mouth.

Interestingly, oral fixation/stimulation can lead to speech issues.

• Useful 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

For someone who appears to know everything there is to know about everything, Jessa doesn't seem to know very much about keeping a home, and doesn't seem interested in learning

She should be watching others’ YouTube videos instead of making them. Maybe she’d learn a few things about home making. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

n both segments of the snow day video he wandered off solo and ate snow.

I know it’s terrible, but reading this line made me spit out my coffee. 😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Jessa is depressed/autistic. She has no emotions at all. 

Henry needs to be evaluated to see if he is delayed. His parents are not doing right by him at all.

Jessa feed your kids. Jeez.

I would say more that Jessa should feed them healthier foods, not that she isn't feeding them enough. They don't look gaunt like the Rod kids.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Henry turned 5 this month.

Did we miss Birthday Week or has Jessa decided not to do that anymore. Cos we would surely see it on SM. Spurge’s birthday is in November, did Jessa post anything back then?

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Did we miss Birthday Week or has Jessa decided not to do that anymore. Cos we would surely see it on SM. Spurge’s birthday is in November, did Jessa post anything back then?

I think we got a video of Spurge's birthday week back in November. Nothing about Henry to date.

eta Here's Spurge's video.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think we got a video of Spurge's birthday week back in November. Nothing about Henry to date.

eta Here's Spurge's video.

How could I forget Spurge getting a pocket knife for his sixth birthday???

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I read the instructions. You have to follow 40 accounts to enter. 

Say what now?  Are there separate accounts for each piece of furniture?  Do you have to follow Jessa?  Bin?  Fern?  40 accounts is a huge ask, IMO.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Say what now?  Are there separate accounts for each piece of furniture?  Do you have to follow Jessa?  Bin?  Fern?  40 accounts is a huge ask, IMO.

It’s a way for small SM influencers to get followers through someone like Jessa who has a lot, maybe a million? But 40 is huge number, mostly you see 3 or 4. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It’s a huge ask to follow Jessa or any other Duggar, if you ask me. 🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 1