Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa looks pretty slim in that video. Could be she has a tiny baby bump or could be that's her natural body. Ivy's around 18 months and she was born a couple of months after Henry turned two. Maybe Jessa and Ben are purposely slowing down the baby train.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Ivy always looks unkempt.  When they take the time to actually brush, or do her hair, she's semi-cute, but lately she just looks sloppy. 

Right? I would never post pics of my girls looking like that. Maybe if it was cute, send it to grandma or something. But even if it kills me, the twins have their hair washed, brushed and in a ponytail or something every day. One thing I take pride in is my kids don't look homeless. 

• Love 18

Jessa makes it sound like spitting up is normal around her house. Who is spitting up and why? I don't remember my kids spitting up much beyond six months and even then it was rare.

And...

...she wiped it up with a towel and slept on it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa's nastiness will never fail to disgust and shock me. Even when I think she can't possibly do anything more gross than leave a pile of diapers around her house for days, she hits rock bottom and starts to dig. 

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa makes it sound like spitting up is normal around her house. Who is spitting up and why? I don't remember my kids spitting up much beyond six months and even then it was rare.

And...

I had kids I watched that were big spitter uppers. Like your kids, by 6 to 8 months, they stopped. The smell doesn't go away either with just "wiping" it up with a towel. I didn't think for one second that she changed that sheet either.
I wanted to know too, where they put all the furniture in that tiny house? Did they stack it up in one of the two bedrooms, the kitchen or just toss it in the backyard for the night. I also wonder if any of them actually slept in there all night, because I don't think they did.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I don't know, Valkyrie sounds pretty bad ass, and Spurgeon... still sounds like Spurgeon.

I mean, if we were betting money on a cage fight, I would put all my fortune on someone named Valkyrie versus someone named Spurgeon. 

Valkyrie versus Spur sounds pretty intense, though! 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

Poor Ben. Apparently Jessa only told Ivy what she was up to with the tent. When Jessa asked Ben to guess what she was planning, (like he was one of her kids) he wide grin guessed "big screen TV?". A very short pause before (off camera) Jessa responded, no. I'm guessing she gave him a dirty look before moving on.

Fast forward toward the middle of the video and Jessa told the unenthused and confused kids they could watch a movie in the gigantic tent. Fast forward to near the end and Jessa shared the "movie" they watched - Andy Griffith. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

"The Spurge".

Sounds like a fungal infection that needs a topical ointment and a dose of steroids to manage.  And it's for life.  

Sounds like a horror movie preview...oh wait it is!

• LOL 7

That indoor camping video was cringeworthy

The vomit on the sheets 

Henry picking his nose and putting it in his mouth 

The disconnected kids 

It didn’t seem like Spurgeon or Henry got mattresses to sleep on 

The ad in the middle 

There is so much more but it’s Christmas morning here and I shouldn’t be getting distracted my a woeful Jessa  video

• Love 14

EVERY TIME I see Jessa's kids' names, I wonder why they named one kid Spurgeon Elliot and the other Henry Wilberforce? Why let one kid hide the obligatory preacher's name as the middle and stick the other with Spurgeon as a first name?

Spurgeon makes me think of the sound my cat makes when she's working out a hairball.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Fast forward toward the middle of the video and Jessa told the unenthused and confused kids they could watch a movie in the gigantic tent. Fast forward to near the end and Jessa shared the "movie" they watched - Andy Griffith. 

I thought it was hilarious when Spurge and Henry repeatedly said they should be camping outside every time Jessa asked them if they were excited. They have more sense than their mother.

Is it even warm enough in Arkansas this time of year to camp outdoors? Adults are one thing, but kids get cranky and uncomfortable pretty quickly. I was a little surprised when Ben said they'd experience the real thing in the next couple weeks.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I thought it was hilarious when Spurge and Henry repeatedly said they should be camping outside every time Jessa asked them if they were excited. They have more sense than their mother.

Is it even warm enough in Arkansas this time of year to camp outdoors? Adults are one thing, but kids get cranky and uncomfortable pretty quickly. I was a little surprised when Ben said they'd experience the real thing in the next couple weeks.

Hmmm, was the Christmas tree behind the tent? Jessa also opened the windows. And I believe Ben was in a tank top. Now I'm thinking this video was done a couple of months ago. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, was the Christmas tree behind the tent? Jessa also opened the windows. And I believe Ben was in a tank top. Now I'm thinking this video was done a couple of months ago. 

I’m almost sure that they “camped out” a few months ago.  When Jessa opened the windows I could hear the crickets chirping, and that doesn’t happen during the winter months.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

A couple of days ago, it was in the 60s here. Then it nosedived into the 30s yesterday, with really nasty cold north wind. (Someone actually came into the library where I work yesterday and started bitching about how it felt like the Pacific Northwest, and she thought she'd left there for more pleasant winters. And that's not a comparison I'd heard before, but it made me chuckle.) It's in the 20s right now where I am with a wind chill in the teens. Tomorrow morning, it's supposed to be in the teens with a wind chill of 9. In a couple of days, it's supposed to be in the 60s again. LOL

I don't really know anyone who goes camping in the winter here, and I sure wouldn't be out there at the moment, but I can't deny that the weather can occasionally be quite nice for this time of year. But even on those days, the nights tend to drop to a temperature that I'd assume would be pretty uncomfortable for camping. (Disclaimer: I don't camp myself.) 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just went back and fast forwarded through it. Ben is in a tank top and shorts, no Christmas tree in the living room or kitchen/dining are where they piled their furniture and there is a pumpkin. So maybe this was sometime in late September, early October.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm pretty sure they did this months ago. While I wonder how Jessa managed to move a couch and such without Bin noticing she was doing it (???), I'm sure she wouldn't have moved an already decorated Christmas tree to do this. Plus in some of the frames you can see outside, and it looks to me like there are more and greener leaves out there than there would be in December. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I went back to Jessa's instagram because I felt like we talked about this months ago, but I don't see it, so perhaps it was only in stories? Whatever, but yeah, I think they are just slowly dribbling out content they've already made instead of showing up-to-date footage.

I don't think this was ever discussed. I agree that Jessa is dribbling out old happenings as "new" content. There must not be much going on other than the occasional Saying of Spurgeon or genius baby Ivy. 🙄

• LOL 8

Ben was not enjoying himself in that camping video! The “conversation” between Ben and Jessa at the beginning was incredibly awkward. Hopefully he just wasn’t in the mood and she was having trouble getting out of mom-mode or something. Sheesh.

The ad was also very awkward. She clearly needed to do a vitamin ad for some contractual reason and tried to crowbar it into this fake family “event.” If Jessa weren’t a “content creator,” I doubt they would have done this indoor camping thing anyhow. She also reminded me so much of Anna in that ad — too much time at the Big House, apparently. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2