Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, zoomama said:

you could do it!! i have a fat face, glasses full time and i have super short hair like that. i love it. 

The beauty of being a confident, adult woman is choosing how much time you want to devote to largely superficial things like hair, nails, etc.  I've got a round face & super-short spiky hair, and have worn it that way for about 25 years.  No fads, no magazine ads, no "experts" saying if I don't spend hours & bucks on my hair, I'm not feminine.  Screw that noise.  No accessories, minimal "product", no appliances.  Freedom.

Nice to let the kids dig their grubby paws into food boxes, even double-fisting the contents.  How hygienic and appetizing that is, Jessa.    

• Love 18

I watched that short video with Ivy. She seems a bit advance in her speech and Henry still seems delayed in his. Their verbal skills sounded about the same to me. I think Henry needs to be AWAY from his siblings & cousins who seem to speak for him. I know we're in this health situation right now but he would benefit tremendously if Jessa enrolled him in a mothers' day out program without his siblings. I think he would thrive if given the opportunity to have to speak for himself. The teachers in charge would encourage him to speak up for what he wants. My own son had this and it helped him tremendously.

• Love 11
On 8/8/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sew Sumi said:

For once, a picture without an agenda.

Passing around a box of junk food is never healthy eating!  Especially with two lazy ass stay at home parents.  I thought Jessa insisted they ate chili multiple times a week. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Passing around a box of junk food is never healthy eating!  Especially with two lazy ass stay at home parents.  I thought Jessa insisted they ate chili multiple times a week. 

I have done the same with mine and grands, as does their mother.  We are not fundy.  Sometimes it is just a thing. And I have been known to reach my hand into a box of wheat thins (or as the little grand used to say "wheat fins") now and again.  I think Spurgeon especially is being held back by his limited environment at this point in his life.  I do agree that Henry - well both of them - would benefit from some kind of program away from each other for a little bit during the week.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Passing around a box of junk food is never healthy eating! 

Triscuits are a lot better than other things they could be eating. As long as it's not a constant thing. 

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Triscuits are a lot better than other things they could be eating. As long as it's not a constant thing. 

I agree with both of you.  The parents of my beloved nephews did exercise portion control.

But these parents are lazy asses.  Triscuits rather than proper meals on a schedule are probably the norm.  

• Love 4

It does appear that Ivy's speech is on target whereas Henry is still a little delayed. I think it's more middle child than gender, as I don't remember Spurge's speech being delayed. 

ETA: They all have cute hair - all of them appear to be curly but all have different hair colors.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 7

My daughter was born first, speaking in sentences at 18 months.  She even surprised her pediatrician, when she asked him if he liked her new dress, her Grandmother gave it to her.  Child number 2, a boy, remained almost mute until preschool at 2 -1/2.  Child number 3 came in just about average.  All are college graduates, one PHd and one MA, and I did nothing different with any of them.  No repeat after me, coaxing, flash cards or constant on-camera moments.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Cute kids, but was Jessa walking adjacent to a freeway? The traffic noise was really loud.

I've not watched the video, but she lives right next to the interstate. If it's filmed anywhere near her house, you probably are hearing I-49. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Jeez, Ben's head is the size of potato baby's entire body.  Not including his bouffant hairdo.  So weird. 

Jessa looks beyond rough.  Guess she doesn't get the pricey face creams her family gets to try for free.  She looks 40. 

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Put little Henry on a schedule and let that kid get some regular sleep.

Maybe he is napping, or finishing up a nap.  The oldest grand who is now 20 used to like to finish his naps in my lap. He would wake up half way and look for me.  I loved it.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe he is napping, or finishing up a nap.  The oldest grand who is now 20 used to like to finish his naps in my lap. He would wake up half way and look for me.  I loved it.

That's so sweet.

I was referring to this post, combined with the last post, where Henry fell asleep with a fistful of crackers. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That's so sweet.

I was referring to this post, combined with the last post, where Henry fell asleep with a fistful of crackers. 

Oh, yes, of course.  Poor Henry.  But he did get a minute of Mama's chest without Ivy competing.

The oldest grand now claims he "doesn't remember" doing that.  Maybe when he is 30 he will remember.  Or maybe he doesn't.  He was maybe 3-4 when his naps ended.  He needed them.

Edited by lookeyloo
to add
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Now that's funny. Because we know Jessa the Youtube recipe queen can't cook.

It's the first one of these kid sayings from her that I've genuinely laughed at. Henry, Truthbringer. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
On 8/12/2020 at 1:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I know that babies are often pleasantly plump, but does Ivy's foot look swollen in the first pic?  I've noticed her fat feet in other pics too (man that sounds mean).  Her foot reminds me the distorted feet on My 600-lb Life.

18 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I know that babies are often pleasantly plump, but does Ivy's foot look swollen in the first pic?  I've noticed her fat feet in other pics too (man that sounds mean).  Her foot reminds me the distorted feet on My 600-lb Life.

Her foot does look kind of funny there. But maybe she just has a high instep (plus baby fat).

34 minutes ago, Tasya said:

That's an old looking 18 year old. Goodness. 

No kidding. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody told me she was in her 30s.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

There were only two marriages from my class directly out of high school. With one couple. both had 'well-to-do' parents. The bride in the other couple had a very conservative single dad. Both couples had premature babies about 6 months after graduation.

Not judging premarital sex, BTW

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 8/10/2020 at 1:53 PM, sheshark said:

My daughter was born first, speaking in sentences at 18 months.  She even surprised her pediatrician, when she asked him if he liked her new dress, her Grandmother gave it to her.  Child number 2, a boy, remained almost mute until preschool at 2 -1/2.  Child number 3 came in just about average.  All are college graduates, one PHd and one MA, and I did nothing different with any of them.  No repeat after me, coaxing, flash cards or constant on-camera moments.

That's the tricky thing with speech and language.  In many cases lack of both for significant amounts of time has no link to cognitive abilities and isn't an indication of any type of problem or disability.  Yet sometimes it can indicate things like hearing problems and so it bears watching and monitoring in case intervention is called for.

Thank goodness my kids are grown adults now because I frequently look at things like this and think, I am not qualified to be the adult primarily in charge of caring for and raising a child.   The older I get the more I'm aware of just how much I don't know.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

That's the tricky thing with speech and language.  In many cases lack of both for significant amounts of time has no link to cognitive abilities and isn't an indication of any type of problem or disability.  Yet sometimes it can indicate things like hearing problems and so it bears watching and monitoring in case intervention is called for.

this is a good point. our son could read by age four, but did not speak well or often because he had hearing problems. at one point he had zero hearing of all lower/deeper sounds in one ear and maybe 20% in the other. he missed so many sounds, speech patterns and things in the lower tones. he was a bit better with the higher sounds. i remember his first hearing test in the sound proof room. he needed to repeat a word or raise his hand to indicate he had heard. long gaps with nothing. he was maybe 3 then.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1