Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, floridamom said:

I re-watched that water play video of Jessa's. I noticed that 'black stuff' from standing water over time in the toy. Jessa never cleans that either. I agree that Ivy should not be putting her fingers in her mouth after splashing her hands in it. Jessa is just a pig, and a lazy one at that, really.

Standing water equals mosquitoes in my world!

• Love 11
13 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Ben's weird haircut makes me sad. Dude - you are in your prime lookin' good years and you don't!

He doesn't need to look good for anybody but Jessa. Lol

20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't need to watch a video of them putting this together.

Except that the local playground has rules....such as "No Bare Feet".

Bin looks like he just escaped from the "Jersey Shore" cast, circa 2009.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, drafan said:

If their area is anything like mine, the local playground is closed. The police are giving warnings, then tickets.

• Love 8
On 3/30/2020 at 4:31 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Don't need to watch a video of them putting this together.

Geez, this has been on my YouTube home page for a few days & I never realized it was the Seewalds.

9 hours ago, drafan said:

...and don't most playgrounds have some kind of mulch or pieces of rubber underneath to absorb the shock if the kids fall especially when they are as little as these two?  Maybe it will be good for Henry. Jessa said he was a climber in the cooking video.

• Love 2

That yard climber toy is something that will get boring very fast if they only use it for climbing. However, if they're allowed to use their imaginations, it could also be a cave, igloo or spaceship.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That yard climber toy is something that will get boring very fast if they only use it for climbing. However, if they're allowed to use their imaginations, it could also be a cave, igloo or spaceship.

We had one when I was a kid and it was our house when we were being a modern stone age family like the Flintstones.  I hope Jessa does encourage the kids to use their imaginations and do more than just climb on it.

We also tied one end of the jump rope to it, hung our artwork on it, used it to dry our swimsuits and towels. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Even though I don't really like the Seewalds, I watched the video last night when I couldn't sleep.  I'll give Jessa credit for having the patience to assemble the jungle gym climber with three small children in attendance.  It had to be assembled with nuts and bolts rather than parts being snapped in place so it had to take some time. (She said Ben was in the house.  Hopefully he was cleaning or making dinner.)   I was also impressed that Jessa realized the outer packing cardboard boxes could be saved and used by the kids as boats and they even ended up having three.   As the saying goes, they probably will enjoy the boxes more than the jungle gym.  She did say she got a good deal on it from Amazon Prime.  Spurge really liked it and it was cute at the end when he said he would play on it every day.  I'm predicting his enthusiasm will last a week. 

Jessa didn't even get upset when the kids (probably Henry) lost the Allen wrench at the end when she needed it to assemble the last parts. It surprised me she found two other ones in the house but they weren't the right size and she had to go to hardware store to get a new set.  She noted that Ben found the missing wrench when he mowed the lawn the next day.    

OK, enough compliments.  Now here are the things I found dangerous or inappropriate for building a jungle gym climber with three small kids around: 

Even though Jessa was patient and the boys were helpful at times, all of them shouldn't have been around the assembly process with all the small parts incl the nuts and bolts. Henry hid a much needed larger bolt at the end but they found it.

Jessa was in bare feet for most of it. I guess Jesus was watching over her so she wouldn't step on a loose bolt or other part.

Jessa  let Ivy play with the Allen wrench incl Ivy chewing on it.  This was before it became missing after she let the kids play with it. 

Jessa brought out a jar of pickles & a bag of other fruit & veggies for a snack.  Ivy was shown chewing on a pickle spear.  How dangerous!  She could have bitten off a chunk & swallowed it & choking her.

BTW, I didn't realize how noisy the highway is behind the mold house. They must have gotten used to it but I don't know how. It is like a constant roar.  Definitely a big negative if they ever try to sell. 

• Love 8

Yikes, Ivy chewed an Allen wrench? Those are so little.

How long did they have the delivery before opening up the cardboard? An Amazon delivery guy was recently caught on a doorbell cam licking his hand and wiping it on a package.

I hope they let the package sit for a bit before they all touched it and began playing with it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Even though I don't really like the Seewalds, I watched the video last night when I couldn't sleep.  I'll give Jessa credit for having the patience to assemble the jungle gym climber with three small children in attendance.  It had to be assembled with nuts and bolts rather than parts being snapped in place so it had to take some time. (She said Ben was in the house.  Hopefully he was cleaning or making dinner.)   I was also impressed that Jessa realized the outer packing cardboard boxes could be saved and used by the kids as boats and they even ended up having three.   As the saying goes, they probably will enjoy the boxes more than the jungle gym.  She did say she got a good deal on it from Amazon Prime.  Spurge really liked it and it was cute at the end when he said he would play on it every day.  I'm predicting his enthusiasm will last a week. 

Jessa didn't even get upset when the kids (probably Henry) lost the Allen wrench at the end when she needed it to assemble the last parts. It surprised me she found two other ones in the house but they weren't the right size and she had to go to hardware store to get a new set.  She noted that Ben found the missing wrench when he mowed the lawn the next day.    

OK, enough compliments.  Now here are the things I found dangerous or inappropriate for building a jungle gym climber with three small kids around: 

Even though Jessa was patient and the boys were helpful at times, all of them shouldn't have been around the assembly process with all the small parts incl the nuts and bolts. Henry hid a much needed larger bolt at the end but they found it.

Jessa was in bare feet for most of it. I guess Jesus was watching over her so she wouldn't step on a loose bolt or other part.

Jessa  let Ivy play with the Allen wrench incl Ivy chewing on it.  This was before it became missing after she let the kids play with it. 

Jessa brought out a jar of pickles & a bag of other fruit & veggies for a snack.  Ivy was shown chewing on a pickle spear.  How dangerous!  She could have bitten off a chunk & swallowed it & choking her.

BTW, I didn't realize how noisy the highway is behind the mold house. They must have gotten used to it but I don't know how. It is like a constant roar.  Definitely a big negative if they ever try to sell. 

I looked at Amazon for those types of things.  Not too terribly expensive ($200-$300ish is what I saw).  But now I want a swing set with a slide/trampoline.  No I do not have kids.  Just for me at my Sally O Malley age.  HA!

The Seewalds do need to practice some better hygiene.  BUT, maybe if their house was too clean they would be goners once they hit the TTH and the huge germ patch that it is.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, Ivy chewed an Allen wrench? Those are so little.

And if I'm remembering correctly Spurgie said something along the lines of "maybe Ivy ate it" when they were looking for it.  I did find that funny. Jessa replied with something like the wrench was too big to swallow. (That's  why I found it funny too.) Theirs was on the bigger side, probably a few inches long which is still dangerous especially when being used as a chew toy.  Oh, I just remembered Henry was using it as a gun or said it looked like a gun. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How old are Jessa's boys? I'm certain none of my kids new what a gun looked like until they were long out of diapers.

My kids have had toy guns, Nerf guns, and water guns since they were toddlers. All of our real guns are in a safe, but they've known what a gun looks like since they were one or two years old. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How old are Jessa's boys? I'm certain none of my kids new what a gun looked like until they were long out of diapers.

Slightly off topic, but even though I've always been very anti-guns, and Mr Jyn not being a fan even though he grew up around them (his dad liked to hunt rabbits), I remember my older son, when he was three or four as well, finding a crucifix lying around, and using that as a pretend gun. I'm not sure where he even got the images of shooting from.. I'll admit, too, that even though I have never been religious - the crucifix must have come over in boxes of stuff from my parents' house when Mr Jyn and I bought a place of our own - I did find that juxtaposition a mite disturbing. But it just goes to show that kids who are predisposed to find guns interesting will use whatever fits their little hands that way. He still does like guns, by the way, and ended up getting a number of marksmanship awards during his years in the Marines, but is very responsible with them. I do wish he wasn't quite  so totally pro the second amendment, but that's way off topic, so I'll stop that.

But now I totally  find myself wondering what sorts of heads would explode at Chez Duggar if one of the kids ever used a crucifix to play shooting games....As much as they do like their guns, I can't see that going over well.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

76982F93-2357-40B4-8F20-6DEB4028896E.thumb.jpeg.4846f7eab0da81429f2e78d17a602bfb.jpeg

Aw would ya look at that middle-aged world leader face. Just needed her pantsuit. 

Oh gosh, that's brilliant. She really does resemble the leader of the free world!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Thank you! I always feel bad when I can't credit a poster who started something funny!

Yes apologies @kokapetl. Credit to you. Should have acknowledged you when jumping on the Merkel comparison bandwagon. It was a stunning observation. 😉 

• Love 5

They made chili 3 times in the past 2 week?  mmmm-kay - and what is a tiny toddler doing trying to balance herself on the oven where there is a pot of scalding chili above her head??  I swear they do these photos for the controversy.

• Love 15
(edited)

Can some leghumper please send Jessa a sturdy cutting board? Watching her dice onions as that flimsy silicone sheet was slipping all over the counter gave me panic attacks.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

They made chili 3 times in the past 2 week?  mmmm-kay - and what is a tiny toddler doing trying to balance herself on the oven where there is a pot of scalding chili above her head??  I swear they do these photos for the controversy.

If they love it that much, why would she need to make it 3 times?  Why not make a big batch and freeze some?  I wonder if it is not so much that they love chili as that Jessa has a very limited repertoire in the kitchen and Ben won't eat a lot of the Duggarfied crapola she knows how to fix.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

why would she need to make it 3 times

I mean I like chili, but that seems a bit excessive.  It also could be that she over-bought on the ingredients so she just figured, why not?  Personally, I like a bit of variety in my diet.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Can some leghumper please send Jessa a sturdy cutting board? Watching her dice onions as that flimsy silicone sheet was slipping all over the counter gave me panic attacks.

I can't fault her for the silicone cutting board.  They may be flimsier than other cutting boards, but they are easier to sanitize than wooden or hard plastic ones.  I use them, and have never had a problem with my cutting board slipping.  I bet it's her counters that is causing it.  Honestly,  I'm more appalled at the way she mangled that bulb of garlic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Husband likes chili. I do not. I make it if he wants it. I have never made it this year because he has not asked for it. Even with food we both love (like my Italian Wedding Soup!) I have never made it 3 times in 2 weeks. Never, ever!

• Love 7

She has small children. Sometimes they get into a rut of liking something. This was one of her better presentations. Some families don’t like to eat food that has been frozen. Ivy didn’t look tall enough to grab a pot and I have cooked many a meal with one of my kids or a grandkids wrapped around my leg.   We could probably find 800 variations of that chili recipe - y’all know I hate the Duggars and their adjacents for all their hideous beliefs but this seems average for the stuff posted. 

• Love 22
(edited)

Uhhhhh I make a double recipe of chili almost weekly, and year-round to boot. It feeds my family of four dinner and enough for lunch or a second dinner of chili topped baked potatoes. Also, during the quarantine, I am making alllll of the comfort foods plus foods I know my kids will eat. 

However, I bet her chili is bland bland bland.

ETA: and I am a good cook. Not @Jynnan tonnix level yet, but still good 😉

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Husband likes chili. I do not. I make it if he wants it. I have never made it this year because he has not asked for it. Even with food we both love (like my Italian Wedding Soup!) I have never made it 3 times in 2 weeks. Never, ever!

Yeah, chili is one of those things I like once in a while, but I can't imagine making three batches within two weeks. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jessa has admitted in the past that Ben does most of the cooking..so I wonder if Jessa has a limited amount of meals she can cook well..so when she has to cook...she makes chili.

I can see this. My mom could burn boiling water, but for whatever reason, she could make okay oyster dressing. It wasn't a dish that you could whip up frequently, though. LOL Chili seems like a slightly more practical go-to dish, at least. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

She must be running low on cash.

But somehow Josh is doing very well with a family of eight. It was his actions that led to less money.

• Love 5

She couldn't wait 2 months and do it around Father's Day? Like who does an hour long video about their dad?

Although I haven't watched it, maybe it's a passive-aggressive dig at what Ben is not. They have been cooped up together for a while now.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
On 4/4/2020 at 6:21 PM, BigBingerBro said:

The ER nurse in me just cringes at photos like this one (and the boys climbing with Ivy below them, and Ivy gnawing on known choking culprits, and...) 😱

• Love 11