Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Their bedrooms are in the back, facing the huge backyard. They could build in that direction, relocating the deck to add a bathroom. A third bedroom could go in the carport. 

I don't think they could still live there during construction if they added a second story.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Jessa doesn't do dishes either? All she apparently appears to do is indoctrinate the boys and nurse Ivy. Oh, and cut hair. Badly.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Forgot the link. D'oh!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Poor Ben! He thought he was hitting the jackpot when he married Jessa. His perfect & hot housewife turn out to be a dud. 

Yep. And I'm betting that, first and foremost, she was never ever ever actually "hot." 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa doesn't do dishes either? All she apparently appears to do is indoctrinate the boys and nurse Ivy. Oh, and cut hair. Badly.

That onesie feels mean. She has “DANCE” on her bum and “DREAM” or “DREAMER”. Is she allowed to do any of those things? Jessa should buy onesies that have words that are appropriate to her upbringing like REPRESS and FEAR. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm surprised that Howler Construction hasn't attempted an expansion of the Seewald Home.  Perhaps another wing of bedrooms and a bath,  Do they have enough clearance to do such a thing?

Wouldn't matter. There would be no permits pulled.

Look at the Miss Piggy Pants pic...the "curb appeal" of that house is disgusting. Looks like you could knock the front door off it's warped frame with one swift kick. Not to compare, but I am...... Erin And Chad's little rented bungalow is spruced up and looks like a dollhouse.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don’t see a cutlery rack but am wondering how many sharp knives are within Ivy’s reach.  Doesn’t seem like the best place to let your baby crawl...

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Kitchen rugs and mats get dirty, but damn Jessa!  Throw that filthy rug into the wash!  That's just gross.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The kids must load the dishwasher too. The placement of the dirty dishes is so random.  

That could still be Jessa. She has no domestic training and lived of paper plates.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

That could still be Jessa. She has no domestic training and lived of paper plates.

True. I saved a long time so I could redo my kitchen with good appliances. I'm very careful how I load my dishwasher so the dishes will be safe, and the dishwasher can do its job effectively. Glass and fragile stuff go on top. Bowls are arranged so the spray will hit the insides. No pets or kids sit on the door! 

I don't have a sugar daddy Daddy to buy me new stuff, so I'm careful with what I have. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

I missed it - what did she say?

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

I missed it - what did she say?

Sorry, it looks like the bottom half of the picture was cut off. If you look a little up thread  at the original post, Jessa says  " the balloon may've been deflated but the spirit of adventure sure hasn't."  Total Up reference.

• Love 3

It must be one of those days where I'm easily irritated. Jessa's post is about the eleventh post I've seen today of mothers who posted some unremarkable thing their kid said or did on SM, as if it was truly the smartest, cutest, or most creative thing in the world.

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Ivy's head kind of looks like it's an odd appendage of Spurgeon's forearm...

I'm trying to figure out if that is dried goldenrod stuck on top of that frame and why that ugly dust catcher is necessary.

Edited by fonfereksglen
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It must be one of those days where I'm easily irritated. Jessa's post is about the eleventh post I've seen today of mothers who posted some unremarkable thing their kid said or did on SM, as if it was truly the smartest, cutest, or most creative thing in the world.

It’s not just you. I’m so over kids doing or saying unremarkable, developmentally appropriate, age-specific things on social media.  Jessa doesn’t count in this, but I feel like the moms in quarantine are suddenly spending time with their children and realizing they can do and say things. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

Well, in this "season of quarantine" I was too lazy to change the channel when SYTTD-Atlanta popped up.  I noticed it was a recent one from March of this year so I decided to watch it as background while I did my challenger Sudoku.  Suddenly I heard the name Jessica Sewald from Arkansas, and I tossed the puzzle aside trying to figure out the connection when Jessa appeared on screen.   I know this was a TLC cross-over show but I actually liked Jessica, and I was impressed that she worked for the police department as did her husband.  So I guess they aren't nearly as insular and conservative as the  Duggars.   I did read back about 5 pages on the thread and saw the earlier comments.  I liked the dress she chose, too.   They let Jessa say what seemed like a lot at the end.   She was a bit of a Debbie Downer, I thought, and seemed to be following the lead of the disapproving MIL -to -be.  At some point I am sure Jessica let her entourage know that her mother approved of the dress so every one else needed to approve or forever hold their peace.

I don't normally follow this forum when the show isn't on, but since I am here I guess I will go check on the rest of the gang.  

• Love 8
On 4/3/2020 at 8:39 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

76982F93-2357-40B4-8F20-6DEB4028896E.thumb.jpeg.4846f7eab0da81429f2e78d17a602bfb.jpeg

Aw would ya look at that middle-aged world leader face. Just needed her pantsuit. 

And a doctorate in quantum chemistry....? 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:03 AM, GeeGolly said:

She couldn't wait 2 months and do it around Father's Day? Like who does an hour long video about their dad?

Didn't watch but my first thoughts when I saw the post were, "Is it father's day? Is he dead?"

On 4/8/2020 at 12:16 PM, GeeGolly said:

In Jessa's wheelhouse, her parents not telling the public about the molestations probably feels like the right thing to do.

The molestation of the girls should have been handled in a way that better protected them and appropriately dealt with Josh. Telling the "public" was never the right thing to do. Josh's victims in no way benefited from their abuse being plastered across the media

On 4/8/2020 at 2:33 PM, QuinnInND said:

I'm so sick of Baby Shark. Ugh. The bane of my existence. There is a way to shut off the sound on those and still let it run. She's a cute baby though. And having fun. 

In our house,  it was oddly common for the batteries of such toys to become permanently "lost". Having Elmo sing the alphabet every time something was thrown in the toy box got old very quickly.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

O-M-freaking-G, I was literally about to post the same thing! Quarantine is turning me into one cranky bitch, because if I have to hear one more inane story of toddler musings, I'm going to douse the world in sardine oil and release the goddamned tigers. Look, I totally get that every parent thinks their kid is the wittiest thing in the world, but I really don't need a daily play-by-play of conversations about poop, legos and Trolls. I think I either need to quit Facebook or stock up on more wine. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 10
  • Love 14

Just saw an instastory that includes Jessa along with her parents speaking virtually on behalf of the ATI Family Camp tonight. Who said she was breaking away? She seems as indoctrinated as ever. 😔

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, VioletWitch said:

I don’t know if the Seewalds can ever truly break away so long as they continue to stay financially dependent. 

100% agree. Jessa is really nothing more than a trained seal at this point.

• Love 21
On 4/25/2020 at 5:43 PM, BitterApple said:

O-M-freaking-G, I was literally about to post the same thing! Quarantine is turning me into one cranky bitch, because if I have to hear one more inane story of toddler musings, I'm going to douse the world in sardine oil and release the goddamned tigers. Look, I totally get that every parent thinks their kid is the wittiest thing in the world, but I really don't need a daily play-by-play of conversations about poop, legos and Trolls. I think I either need to quit Facebook or stock up on more wine. 

Thank you, you totally cracked me up and I needed that. Stock up on wine, is my recommendation.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Oh, I thought the post I just made was in the Seewalds' thread. I'll sum up here. 

Jessa says she was saved at age 12 when a couple of bible verses resonated with her. I don't think we knew this before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Bin is a major dork. But it's kind of sad that he went from being a kid to being a father without any fun late-teen years. How old is Spurge?  4 1/2?  Well, in about a dozen or so years, he'll be scouting out his future wife. Poor kid, but he'll have Bigger-Than-A-Twig-Cave God showing him the way.