Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

If nothing else, Jessa probably sees the writing on the wall. TLC has 90 Day Fiance: Self Quarantined going right now. They could have easily asked the Duggars to film something to chop up into 30 minute episodes.

But I guess the Duggars are too boring for even that. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They could have easily asked the Duggars to film something to chop up into 30 minute episodes.

But I guess the Duggars are too boring for even that. 

Remember Duggar Studios? I guess nothing came of that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Remember Duggar Studios? I guess nothing came of that.

Well the Duggars are always experts in everything they see so.... And they are delusional along with that expertise. A perfect working relationship in their own minds.

They just got busy, yea that's it and couldn't make movies.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Except if it's the Feds, JB is in it up to his neck. There's no way his sons are doing some financial schenanigans without his guidance.  He may hang them out to dry, but he's definitely involved. Also JB has millions, and the money isn't going to run out soon. 

Oh, he'd have all the boys in prison before his ass spends a night in jail. Instant snitching. Consequences are for other people.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

P: Isn't That dangerous for Spurgeon to be near the stove when cooking?

J: Thank y'all for your concern. 😠 We've been able to keep him out of the hospital for 5 years now. 🤕🤣 I have 3 kids and 18 siblings and I think I got it handled. 😁

Great response!

Like @lascuba, I liked Jessa's unwillingness to Keep Sweet.  I know she has put herself and her children in the limelight and having her parenting style critiqued is part of the package. But, as the receiver of unsolicited parenting advice/criticism for years, I like her response. 

I also don't think she owes anyone an explanation for anything. Yes, she puts out personal content, but it's her life and she gets to control what she says. I have no problem snarking about her apparently-unemployed husband and his college aspiration, but I also recognize it's actually none of my business if he's cleaning toilets for JimBob, studying to be a preacher, or staying home doing whatever Jessa tells him to do. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Zella said:

but it is hypocritical as hell

No arguments there. This whole clan is hypocritical and dishonest. They're the epitome of this old joke:
How can you tell when a Duggar is lying?

His/her mouth is moving.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Zella said:

The fact she can't deflect the question without being a royal bitch makes me think it's a real sore spot and that he is just as lazy as her useless brothers, and I find that absolutely hilarious. Must be a real paradise under the Seewald roof. 

I agree. Jessa gives a lot of snarky responses to the Mom-shamers, but this one really got under her skin. IIRC, the question wasn't even phrased in a rude or offensive manner, yet she completely overreacted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

The one about Spurgeon being around the stove while she was cooking? It was passive-aggressive mom-shaming at it's best/worst. It's basically a "You're a neglectful and irresponsible parent" slam camouflaged as an innocent little comment. 

But...like I said, I'm triggered by mom-shaming. I got these all the time because my children had a lot of mental, emotional, and developmental issues that weren't always obvious. One time at a church potluck I was admonished for being a drill sargent for not letting my children run around a play with the other kids. So I did and a half-hour later the same person was livid because I wasn't responding harshly enough when one of my children misbehaved. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Jessa gives a lot of snarky responses to the Mom-shamers, but this one really got under her skin. IIRC, the question wasn't even phrased in a rude or offensive manner, yet she completely overreacted. 

With regards to Ben, could she be ashamed deep down that Ben is (most likely) working for her daddy and doesn't have an independent job?

• Love 7

I think Jessa's defense of Ben and her marriage are both external and internal. She has read and heard everything including they're young, Ben is a teenager, they don't know each other and Ben scrubs toilets. 

Jessa probably had some doubts herself, along with an unrealistic fairytale image of what marriage is. A lot of things I'm guessing her marriage is not. So when she reads an innocent question she probably feels the need to defend what's good and hide what's not so good.

All that and Jessa is really just a bitch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Maybe it seems like Mom-shaming but really the Duggars do everything just a little bit differently. It's really Duggar-shaming which is the same thing as pointing out common sense to the rest of us. They really do have an angel on their shoulder (so far) to have prevented serious illness and injury to those children and grandchildren. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

With regards to Ben, could she be ashamed deep down that Ben is (most likely) working for her daddy and doesn't have an independent job?

That has to be part of it. It seemed pretty obvious that their plan for Ben's "career" was for him to be a Duggar. Early on in their marriage he would tag along to all Jessa's speaking engagements, including one at a women's conference. She claimed it was because his presence made her more comfortable--and considering how uncomfortable she is around people she doesn't know, that was likely part of it--but he was always up on that stage with her and even autographing pictures of just her. Dude clearly wanted that spotlight. But TLC put the kibosh on public extremism and nobody was interested in him and then the scandals hit and...there goes the fundie public speaking career. And, at least when the the first Counting On specials aired, Ben was clearly bitter as fuck over it. 

So now, 3 kids later and Ben is still JB's errand boy, with absolutely nothing else going on except whatever nonsense TLC comes up for him to do for an episode. That has to sting.

• Love 9
On 5/3/2020 at 6:25 PM, Nysha said:

Great response!

Like @lascuba, I liked Jessa's unwillingness to Keep Sweet.  I know she has put herself and her children in the limelight and having her parenting style critiqued is part of the package. But, as the receiver of unsolicited parenting advice/criticism for years, I like her response. 

I also don't think she owes anyone an explanation for anything. Yes, she puts out personal content, but it's her life and she gets to control what she says. I have no problem snarking about her apparently-unemployed husband and his college aspiration, but I also recognize it's actually none of my business if he's cleaning toilets for JimBob, studying to be a preacher, or staying home doing whatever Jessa tells him to do. 

Generally, I've always thought that while, yes, she and other like her but themselves out there to make their money so they can't really complain about the criticism and obnoxious comments they get, it's totally valid for them to respond, even rudely, to such comments. Whether it's practical for them to do so considering their goals is another issue, but there is absolutely nothing with hitting snark with snark, even when most of the time on the side of the original snarkers. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Y'all know I hate Jeremy with the fire of a thousand suns, but dude is nothing if not ambitious (though very lazy). Derick is an asshole who has trouble sticking with anything for very long, but he does at least try. Austin does seem to have something resembling a work ethic even if he has no actual qualifications. But Ben? I don't see any of those qualities in Ben. Jessa is a vain person, that I'm sure of, and I'm sure that is a bitter pill to swallow. 

We've we've talked about Ben having a case of buyer's remorse with Jessa. But I could see it swinging both ways. 

In terms of work ethic that has been made known to us (which may or may not be a true representation), I would rank the SILs as such:

Austin

Derick

Jeremy

Ben

But, I can see Ben as the one most likely to do well in a job such as teaching or education. I think he's the most hands-on father of all of the SILs and I can see him having the most patience.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

In terms of work ethic that has been made known to us (which may or may not be a true representation), I would rank the SILs as such:

Austin

Derick

Jeremy

Ben

But, I can see Ben as the one most likely to do well in a job such as teaching or education. I think he's the most hands-on father of all of the SILs and I can see him having the most patience.

Yes, in a way, his apparent lack of any sort of job is baffling because I could actually see him doing okay at several jobs. 

36 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Generally, I've always thought that while, yes, she and other like her but themselves out there to make their money so they can't really complain about the criticism and obnoxious comments they get, it's totally valid for them to respond, even rudely, to such comments. Whether it's practical for them to do so considering their goals is another issue, but there is absolutely nothing with hitting snark with snark, even when most of the time on the side of the original snarkers. 

It would probably get on my nerves less if her snark was better. She is no Don Rickles. LOL Or Kate Beckinsale. Man, Beckinsale can really tear into people on her social media. Jessa's attempts at snark more often than not just make her look like a goober rather than a wit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That has to be part of it. It seemed pretty obvious that their plan for Ben's "career" was for him to be a Duggar. Early on in their marriage he would tag along to all Jessa's speaking engagements, including one at a women's conference. She claimed it was because his presence made her more comfortable--and considering how uncomfortable she is around people she doesn't know, that was likely part of it--but he was always up on that stage with her and even autographing pictures of just her. Dude clearly wanted that spotlight. But TLC put the kibosh on public extremism and nobody was interested in him and then the scandals hit and...there goes the fundie public speaking career. And, at least when the the first Counting On specials aired, Ben was clearly bitter as fuck over it. 

So now, 3 kids later and Ben is still JB's errand boy, with absolutely nothing else going on except whatever nonsense TLC comes up for him to do for an episode. That has to sting.

Didn't help Ben's social media persona was Christian edgelord. He's said a few controversial things since then but he gets muzzled quickly.

Ben strikes me as someone who would have thrived and grown had he been allowed the actual college experience rather than sacrificed to the altar of the almighty dollar. Ben does actually seem interested in things beyond a superficial level, unlike Books.

I don't believe conversations with Jessa (or the rest of the Duggars to be honest) are that intellectually stimulating. It has to be bloody depressing. 

He's been backed into a corner in so many ways. He was way too young to be rushed into a courtship. His family should be absolutely ashamed. They got thirsty. I do believe had the Seewalds kept their mouths shut, the courtship would have ended without the public being any the wiser. Ben's parents gained very little from marrying off Ben to a Duggar daughter. Was it worth it? The trip to Ireland and Scotland? Yeah. Was it?

That's not to say Ben doesn't have autonomy now. He could still forge his own path. I don't think he has the spine to do so though. Jessa seems resistant to change so I'm doubtful she would be willing to grow herself. 

Ugh. I just defended Ben Seewald. I need to go drink bleach to clean myself. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 16
(edited)
4 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

What always strikes me about Jessa is that she hasn’t changed her style at all. Same makeup. Same boring long hair. Same stretched out shirt with same long skirt. Same brown sandals. 

I could be projecting, but Jessa seems to be the kind of person who gets stressed out about any kind of change, big or small.  She has control issues and clothing is just about the easiest thing to control. Keeping the same style is easy. Wearing the same kind of outfit or keeping certain items probably helps her feel consistency and control. She also strikes me as deeply self conscious (having an ego is a different story) so making any kind of moves that will draw attention to her physical self is a no go. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
9 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I could be projecting, but Jessa seems to be the kind of person who gets stressed out about any kind of change, big or small.  She has control issues and clothing is just about the easiest thing to control. Keeping the same style is easy. Wearing the same kind of outfit or keeping certain items probably helps her feel consistency and control. She also strikes me as deeply self conscious (having an ego is a different story) so making any kind of moves that will draw attention to her physical self is a no go. 

This is a great observation! I think like a lot of really arrogant people, Jessa is very insecure. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

What always strikes me about Jessa is that she hasn’t changed her style at all. Same makeup. Same boring long hair. Same stretched out shirt with same long skirt. Same brown sandals. 

Same stretched out uterus.

• LOL 10

Is having bugs in the house, a thing in Arkansas? She had like four sticky traps under the bed in the boys room.

I ask because that's not the norm anywhere I have lived.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is having bugs in the house, a thing in Arkansas? She had like four sticky traps under the bed in the boys room.

I ask because that's not the norm anywhere I have lived.

I doubt Joy is the best housekeeper in the world, so that may be a factor, but it can be a real pain in the ass down here. I know people who are definitely cleaner than the Duggars who keep sticky traps out for bugs, especially spiders. (My beloved Granny included.) Spiders are crawling around now. Also, in the fall, it's like all the Asian lady beetles decide to invade. :S During the summer, there can be issues with flies, especially if people won't close the door. This winter was fairly mild all thing considered, so I'm sure all things that creep and crawl are going to be awful this summer. 

One of the issues is here we are colder than the Deep South, but it's probably not cold enough to really eradicate them, especially when we don't get many freezes during the winter. And it can get humid and hot and buggy when it isn't winter. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

Jessa made the unfortunate decision in marrying a manchild so she has to beg and grovel Boob for  living expenses. She has to be terrified at what will happen when the show stops and the money dries up. Even if boob has liquid millions...he has a lot of mouths to feed. For a long time.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Same bloated ego. Still thinks she actually looks good.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Where are they hiding all those toys in that tiny house? I be they asked everyone to bring over lots of of toys to make that video.

I hope not. Think of the dirt and germs on a bunch of borrowed toddler toys. Well, the kids' own toys are probably not very clean either. 

Circus music added for effect. 

Tedious lot of nothing. 

• Love 3

Watching Jessa and Ben sometimes, I can't help but think about how much they give future Jon and Kate Gosselin vibes. Not so much for the number of kids they will no doubt continue to have but just the relationship dynamic. We all know how the "love story" of Jon and Kate ended...

• Love 20
On 5/4/2020 at 11:53 PM, Zella said:

Yes, in a way, his apparent lack of any sort of job is baffling because I could actually see him doing okay at several jobs. 

It would probably get on my nerves less if her snark was better. She is no Don Rickles. LOL Or Kate Beckinsale. Man, Beckinsale can really tear into people on her social media. Jessa's attempts at snark more often than not just make her look like a goober rather than a wit. 

The problem with her responses is that she makes it so obvious that she's seriously upset by the criticism she gets. Sure, anyone who responds to internet strangers is obviously bothered on some level, but if you're going to respond, you need to channel that into a comeback that turns the focus on the stuff the critic said and not on your feelings. 

On 5/5/2020 at 12:55 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

Didn't help Ben's social media persona was Christian edgelord. He's said a few controversial things since then but he gets muzzled quickly.

Ben strikes me as someone who would have thrived and grown had he been allowed the actual college experience rather than sacrificed to the altar of the almighty dollar. Ben does actually seem interested in things beyond a superficial level, unlike Books.

I don't believe conversations with Jessa (or the rest of the Duggars to be honest) are that intellectually stimulating. It has to be bloody depressing. 

He's been backed into a corner in so many ways. He was way too young to be rushed into a courtship. His family should be absolutely ashamed. They got thirsty. I do believe had the Seewalds kept their mouths shut, the courtship would have ended without the public being any the wiser. Ben's parents gained very little from marrying off Ben to a Duggar daughter. Was it worth it? The trip to Ireland and Scotland? Yeah. Was it?

That's not to say Ben doesn't have autonomy now. He could still forge his own path. I don't think he has the spine to do so though. Jessa seems resistant to change so I'm doubtful she would be willing to grow herself. 

Ugh. I just defended Ben Seewald. I need to go drink bleach to clean myself. 

Ben very obviously didn't want any kind of stimulating conversation from a woman...that was part of the appeal of the Duggar lifestyle. Maybe that's bitten him in the ass now, because his family were fame hungry and/or enablers, but back then he was all about the misogynistic fantasy of pretty, submissive wife who agreed with everything he said. Unless he does a complete 180 in his beliefs, I hope he pays for that for the rest of his life. 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:53 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And that's why I've always scoffed at the idea of Jessa being vain. If time and effort spent on appearance is the primary indicator, the only Duggar sister less vain than Jessa is Joy. Even Jill made much more of an effort before Danger America. 

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

The problem with her responses is that she makes it so obvious that she's seriously upset by the criticism she gets. Sure, anyone who responds to internet strangers is obviously bothered on some level, but if you're going to respond, you need to channel that into a comeback that turns the focus on the stuff the critic said and not on your feelings. 

This is another way in which the Duggarlings are so much hampered by their upbringing, seems to me. The "just swallow this and parrot it back and don't ask any questions or certainly don't think about disagreeing" thing -- which JB, M and their guru BG take to the limit -- leaves those kids completely unprepared to actually communicate with anyone.....including both intimates and strangers, it seems to me.....and whether the conversation is friendly and fun or in some way adversarial. 

They were completely discouraged from both thinking and talking, unless it was talking like a parrot. And they still are, in fact, whenever they're anywhere near their parents or the old homestead, at least. 

Leaves them with a friend deficit and with zero knowledge or experience of how to discuss things on any level at all. 

They could probably learn thinking and communication skills if they practiced., even as adults, but it isn't even part of their lives. They have models of pontification so they can do that to some degree, but to actually have a back and forth -- either in oral or written forum....they have no models and no experience at all.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

Ben is screwed until JB and Meech pass away (at the earliest). Jessa knows which side of the bread her butter is on and it isn't with her "headship". Ben leaves, he will be put through the wringer and then some.

If he has a 180 in his beliefs, he better hope the Duggars give them a bigger house so he and Jessa can lead separate lives but keep up appearances. 

• Love 5

I wonder where Ben was hiding during the video. I can't imagine any job he would have that's considered essential. Maybe Jessa decided to end the stay-at-home order on her own.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ForeverPluto said:

Watching Jessa and Ben sometimes, I can't help but think about how much they give future Jon and Kate Gosselin vibes. Not so much for the number of kids they will no doubt continue to have but just the relationship dynamic. We all know how the "love story" of Jon and Kate ended...

I had been thinking that about them for a long time - especially the relationship dynamic! And Kate was older than Jon as well...

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/5/2020 at 12:23 PM, VioletWitch said:

Why do Jessa's followers think she is the bomb for rotating toys?  Moms have been doing this for years & years & they all act like she is the one who came up with the idea.  She even said Mechelle had done it with their toys.

Another thing that irked me was that with all those toys she couldn't have donated a pile or two or passed them down to the other Duggar families? The boys wouldn't  have even realized they were gone.  She did say she donates but she wasn't going to do so during this cleanup.

16 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Well, the kids' own toys are probably not very clean either. 

I'm sure those toys have never been cleaned & this would have been the perfect opportunity for Jessa & the boys to give them a good cleaning.** She had them separated into different types which would have made it easier.  All she needed to do was fill up the tub or kiddie pool with soapy water & some bleach.  Let the toys soak for awhile, give them a good scrub (which I'm sure the boys would love to help her with) then a good rinse and lay them outside on the deck on a blanket to dry.  I would pick a sunny day to help in the drying.  

** I can't imagine the amount of germs those toys are harboring. The CDC would have a field day.... I know we've said it before that this must be the way they build up their immune systems. 

ETA:  looks like Jordan is following in Jana's footsteps & becoming the family seamstress.  When Spurgie stepped on his cape & ripped it, Jessa said that they could get Aunt Jordan to sew & repair it.  Good for Jordan. Now that I think about it, didn't her & Mack take sewing lessons at one time? 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Why do Jessa's followers think she is the bomb for rotating toys?  Moms have been doing this for years & years & they all act like she is the one who came up with the idea.  She even said Mechelle had done it with their toys.

Another thing that irked me was that with all those toys she couldn't have donated a pile or two or passed them down to the other Duggar families? The boys wouldn't  have even realized they were gone.  She did say she donates but she wasn't going to do so during this cleanup.

I'm sure those toys have never been cleaned & this would have been the perfect opportunity for Jessa & the boys to give them a good cleaning.** She had them separated into different types which would have made it easier.  All she needed to do was fill up the tub or kiddie pool with soapy water & some bleach.  Let the toys soak for awhile, give them a good scrub (which I'm sure the boys would love to help her with) then a good rinse and lay them outside on the deck on a blanket to dry.  I would pick a sunny day to help in the drying.  

** I can't imagine the amount of germs those toys are harboring. The CDC would have a field day.... I know we've said it before that this must be the way they build up their immune systems. 

The last plastic slide she had in the living room was covered in mold. I'm honestly not sure Jessa knows what cleaning is. I think she thinks it only involves toilets, dust and straightening up.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I had been thinking that about them for a long time - especially the relationship dynamic! And Kate was older than Jon as well...

Yeah but I don't think Ben even has the chops to be the subpar DJ Jon Gosselin is. Or name recognition. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

DJ Bin duster 

DJ toilet scrubber

DJ my wife has my balls in her purse 

DJMWHMBIHP has a nice ring to it. 😉 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

So, after two months of quarantine, I’m beginning to understand what Jessa’s life is like. No one goes anywhere, almost nothing to do, and it extends on and on with no end in sight. Why would anyone choose this life??  I just about cried last week when I took my daughter to her 39 minute (social distancing) tumbling lesson. We got to go SOMEWHERE!!  I can’t imagine having a life like this forever. 

Edited by irisheyes
Because despite what she thinks, Jessa is not Jesus. 😂
  • Love 14