Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

On 12/26/2020 at 5:08 PM, mojoween said:

Ok, Ciara is gorgeous.  Also to me she doesn’t look like she has a weight issue, but I don’t know what’s in her mind.  We feel how we feel.

HOWEVER.  Her husband is a multi-million dollar NFL Super Bowl-winning quarterback.  Surely she doesn’t need Weight Watchers?  I mean, with how Russell Wilson is, I feel he must have a nutritionist on staff at all times.

Also is it a good idea to have your small children eat Weight Watchers too?

I don’t think there is anything wrong with using WW but I feel like her house has a state of the art gym as well and I just can’t relate.

Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean you should SPEND a lot of money.  That's how the rich stay rich.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I've seen variations of the French manicure, some with curved nails.  But those squared nails look awful.  And dangerous.

Yeah, I've seen some lovely, subtle French manicures. That looked like they used a hoof rasp and a paint roller.

• LOL 17
6 hours ago, janie jones said:

Do you mean synesthesia or misophonia? The kind of voice that gets me is when people are supposed to be speaking soothingly. I find it abhorrent. There's an ad for some wellness app whose narrator's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I find it completely unsoothing. The lady who played Ross's ex-wife's partner on Friends has a similar quality to her voice, even when she's not being soothing.

Actually, both, now that you mention it (I’m fun!). But I did mean synesthesia in my post. Don’t laugh (or go ahead—it’s funny!) but that HGTV voice makes me feel like I am smelling, tasting, and feeling rancid butter.

Edited by TattleTeeny
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I've seen variations of the French manicure, some with curved nails.  But those squared nails look awful.  And dangerous.

I've got a coworker who had the same ones. They were easier to pick up stuff with than curved ones. I don't know about dangerous. 

10 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I've got a coworker who had the same ones. They were easier to pick up stuff with than curved ones. I don't know about dangerous. 

With those pointy edges she could accidentally cut her face or scratch the skin.  Or poke herself in the eye, lol.  And God forbid she should pick up a baby with those things.  I don't like them but YMMV.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

With those pointy edges she could accidentally cut her face or scratch the skin.  Or poke herself in the eye, lol.  And God forbid she should pick up a baby with those things.  I don't like them but YMMV.

They kind of look like bacteria traps to me.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The new Folger's commercial singer's voice make want to jam railroad spikes into my eardrums.

Since when is screaming like a stuck pig considered singing?  I absolutely hate the Folgers singer.

The other one I can’t stand is Flo’s family singing Danny Boy.  It’s nails on a chalkboard to me. 

• Love 7

They kind of look like bacteria traps to me.

I always hear this about long nails--which, incidentally,  I couldn't have even if I wanted to because I am pretty much incapable of keeping them any longer than my fingertips. But that said, wouldn't it conceivably be easier to keep a longer nail clean, as you could actually see the condition of its underside, whereas i cannot necessarily see that with my short, squared-off nails?

That said, I’m not making a case either way for nails—especially as a person who has indeed managed to accidentally scratch my own face! (Haha, it’s sort of like the nose-piercing “debate”; some people can’t imaging being able to deal with one, while others are like “it’s really no problem.”)

Edited by TattleTeeny
14 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

he other one I can’t stand is Flo’s family singing Danny Boy.  It’s nails on a chalkboard to me. 

At least that's meant to be somewhat annoying.  I think we're supposed to believe the singer in the Folgers commercial is actually good.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iHateAmpersands said:

I saw this ridiculous commercial during Judge Judy for a product called UroLift.

The saliva string between his teeth looks so gross.

1094198213_Screenshot_2020-12-29maxresdefaultjpg(JPEGImage1280720pixels)-Scaled(97).thumb.png.ecdf6116e12e2cdddd625f1a5f5d9b66.png

If you think that's gross, do not watch Hamilton on Disney+.

• LOL 4
On 12/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, Bruinsfan said:

I once weaponized the Oreo jingle. Contractors were banging all over the apartment building while I was home with a migraine, so I set it to play on a loop, cranked the volume to max, and left for a few hours.

You are my new hero. That is the kind of dick move I'd make too. Another good commercial to bring rain on their parade is the Pepto Bismol commercial singing about 'diarrheaaaaaah!"

Edited by Tashalynn29
Spell
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 12/29/2020 at 9:52 AM, proserpina65 said:

At least that's meant to be somewhat annoying.  I think we're supposed to believe the singer in the Folgers commercial is actually good.

Just because something is meant to be annoying, doesn't make it any less annoying.  If you see what I mean!

I usually just spend a couple of minutes on sites like this during commercials and just leave the sound on.  Flo combined with Danny Boy make me lunge for the remote.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Tashalynn29 said:

You are my new hero. That is the kind of dick move I'd make too. Another good commercial to bring rain on their parade is the Pepto Bismol commercial singing about 'diarrheaaaaaah!"

In a sense I was just being helpful. That work crew may have been made of mostly non-English speakers who weren't fluent enough to understand complex instructions like "leave a path so tenants can reach their apartments when you set up the scaffolding in the stairwell," but I guarantee you everyone on the job that day could sing the Oreo Cookie Song in perfect English afterwards.

• LOL 8
On 12/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, icemiser69 said:

Is that the one with Charlie Sheen in it and he looks like melting wax?   Charlie didn't look good at all.

The only one I've seen is less than 5 seconds of Charlie saying "Single Care, Dad!". I thought he looked great - doesnt seem like hardly enough time to notice Melting Wax Face. 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm glad someone explained that a few weeks ago, I thought it was Mo-Tor, and totally missed the Mo-Taur part. 

I thought it was Mo-Tor (long o) for ages too, until I saw it in writing - maybe here? I would never have gotten that otherwise.  

Edited by MaryPatShelby
  • Love 1

Another pack of low grade morons who need to be locked into a portable toilet and set on fire is the marketing department who made up the Lexus December to Remember commercials,  with the same stupid tune EVERY FUCKING YEAR for XXXXX many years now, it hasn't changed or become less annoying.  The same fucking notes over and over again with either a string instrument or some fuckwad with a bell. 

Way past time to put that ad in the dumpster 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 12/31/2020 at 2:58 PM, MaryPatShelby said:

The only one I've seen is less than 5 seconds of Charlie saying "Single Care, Dad!". I thought he looked great - doesnt seem like hardly enough time to notice Melting Wax Face. 

They're in a new one together, side by side.

Edited by catlover79
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, catlover79 said:

They're in a new one together, side by side.

Boo me but I'd prefer to have the elder Mr. Sheen do it solo- and, especially, NOT to have to be reminded of his parental fail. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Blergh said:

Boo me but I'd prefer to have the elder Mr. Sheen do it solo- and, especially, NOT to have to be reminded of his parental fail. 

I think he's trying to help Charlie redeem himself. It wouldn't be the first time.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I think he's trying to help Charlie redeem himself. It wouldn't be the first time.

That's probably the case, and I'm on the side that thinks they're funny ads.  However, I see a certain irony in that Martin is showing Charlie how to get cheaper drugs.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

This reminds me--just the other night, while watching The Breakfast Club, I wondered where in the hell is Emilio Estevez (the far cuter--and apparently less drama-causing--son of Martin).

He's been working on a Mighty Ducks TV series for Disney Plus.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

This reminds me--just the other night, while watching The Breakfast Club, I wondered where in the hell is Emilio Estevez (the far cuter--and apparently less drama-causing--son of Martin).

Charlie was okay in Ferris Bueller's Day Off but Two And A Half men was an abomination.

• Love 7

Ugh. Jennifer Aniston is in yet another commercial. 

She's advertising something called Vital Proteins.  It seems to be a liquid collagen supplement. 

Maybe she really uses all these things she endorses? But enough. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Ugh. Jennifer Aniston is in yet another commercial. 

She's advertising something called Vital Proteins.  It seems to be a liquid collagen supplement. 

Maybe she really uses all these things she endorses? But enough. 

I saw her in one of those Aveeno things talking about pre-biotic oats in the face cream and I didn't understand it at all.

• Love 4

Please tell me that's not a typo and they're hawking primordial ooze as a skin regimen!

5 hours ago, cynicat said:

That's probably the case, and I'm on the side that thinks they're funny ads.  However, I see a certain irony in that Martin is showing Charlie how to get cheaper drugs.

Yeah, one would think that the only people with better connections for that than Charlie would be drug cartel kingpins and the members of Fleetwood Mac.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I saw her in one of those Aveeno things talking about pre-biotic oats in the face cream and I didn't understand it at all.

I can't stand those Aveeno ads. She is so annoyingly OVER THE TOP about how AWESOME Aveeno is.

• Love 3

There's a new ad for Gatorade with one of the Williams sisters but I'm not sure if it's the bitchy one or the one who looks like she abuses steroids and dresses like a rodeo clown. I think it's the former,  but not sure. 

• LOL 2

I'm tired of the Discovery+ ads - all of the shows that are already on cable, but you pay more to watch them! Which I will never do. Apparently, new Joanna and Chip Gaines shows will be part of the exclusive content. Good! I am happy not to see them again. But then on Food Network today there was an infomercial for Discovery+ and then an hour of "the making" of Joanna's cooking show and then TWO episodes of her cooking show. GO AWAY JOANNA GAINES.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

I'm tired of the Discovery+ ads - all of the shows that are already on cable, but you pay more to watch them! Which I will never do. Apparently, new Joanna and Chip Gaines shows will be part of the exclusive content. Good! I am happy not to see them again. But then on Food Network today there was an infomercial for Discovery+ and then an hour of "the making" of Joanna's cooking show and then TWO episodes of her cooking show. GO AWAY JOANNA GAINES.

Amen!

• Love 5