Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

I hate the Progessive commercial with the kids opening Christmas gifts.  I HATE it.   I HATE it!

The one where the kid gets a bike and is so bummed he didn't get an insurance bundle instead like his sibling he kicks it?  I love that one.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

I hate the Progessive commercial with the kids opening Christmas gifts.  I HATE it.   I HATE it!

That's Liberty Mutual. 

I hate it too mainly because we're nearing the end of January and they're still running a Christmas ad.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

And while I'm here I also hate the "gush" commercials.  Enough already!  My hubby winces every time they come on.

Same. Would they show images of dirty underwear in a commercial for a diarrhea medication? 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Bastet said:

The one where the kid gets a bike and is so bummed he didn't get an insurance bundle instead like his sibling he kicks it?  I love that one.

I love the mom's expression at the end.  "We're having fun, right?"

• Love 8
10 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

I liked it until I started seeing it at every single commercial break.  Now I'm sick of it.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I hate the spoiled, ingrate kid kicking the bicycle he got for Christmas, and I especially hate the goofy look the mom gives at the end.  

Yeah, but it's supposed to be the equivalent of the other kid getting a bike and him getting a yo-yo.  I don't blame him for being upset.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, but it's supposed to be the equivalent of the other kid getting a bike and him getting a yo-yo.  I don't blame him for being upset.

Huh.  I hate the commercial so much that I don't pay attention.  It's just a bad commercial.

• Love 2

I just saw a really stupid, and nasty, ad.  It’s for Mountain Dew where two guys on horses want a taste of the drink.  Right on cue, one of the horses shoots a cooler of Mountain Dew out his butt.  Yeah, like anyone would drink anything that comes flying out a horse’s ass. 

• LOL 12
On 1/16/2021 at 6:18 PM, chenoa333 said:

Nutrafol. The hair growth products for women with thinning hair. The woman in the commercial has a thick, wild,wavy head of hair. She's allegedly a "doctor" with expertise in hair growth.

HahaHa and Lol. I call BS on this product. 

Hey, according to her 'You can't argue with science' or something. Actually, yeah, I can-especially if there's teensy fine print at the bottom of the screen saying 'this product is not intended to cure, prevent, or treat any disease or medical condition'.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Quof said:

Same. Would they show images of dirty underwear in a commercial for a diarrhea medication? 

Is the gush commercial the one where they show actual red fluid? I didn't see it myself, but my husband commented on it. My response was, that's good, but I also don't want to set a precedent for people using the actual colors of stuff because I don't want to see them cleaning up brown stuff in toilet paper commercials.

I actually like this commercial fine in general, but it really don't like that she hands the guy a flower. It's too...something. She might as well have given the camera a big cheesy wink when she did it. I also think the shot of her dancing and squishing the IUD lasts too long.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Hey, according to her 'You can't argue with science' or something. Actually, yeah, I can-especially if there's teensy fine print at the bottom of the screen saying 'this product is not intended to cure, prevent, or treat any disease or medical condition'.

Then it's not science, it's marketing.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

It's a Liberty Mutual commercial, and there's another with "normal" people doing action movie stunts that's a rip-off from a commercial that was popular years ago that was much better. I think it was for Comcast/Xfinity and featured a stuntman business in which the employees went to the office doing stunts, entered by crashing thru windows, and dodging explosions in the office.

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, Quof said:

The Charmin bears have gotten closer to this than we need. In that case, the floor underwear is clean because his "heiny's clean!"  And, as always, I wonder why bears that we always see naked ever need underwear.  Are they really just a family of furries all wearing bear costumes?  Do the kids know this is not normal?  Is this a cult? So many questions. So few answers. 😿

1 hour ago, janie jones said:

Is the gush commercial the one where they show actual red fluid? I didn't see it myself, but my husband commented on it. My response was, that's good, but I also don't want to set a precedent for people using the actual colors of stuff because I don't want to see them cleaning up brown stuff in toilet paper commercials.

I actually like this commercial fine in general, but it really don't like that she hands the guy a flower. It's too...something. She might as well have given the camera a big cheesy wink when she did it. I also think the shot of her dancing and squishing the IUD lasts too long.

She hands him the flower but doesn't seem to pay for it.  In the unseen future, he gets arrested for shoplifting. Thanks copper-based IUD woman! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The Charmin bears have gotten closer to this than we need. In that case, the floor underwear is clean because his "heiny's clean!"  And, as always, I wonder why bears that we always see naked ever need underwear.  Are they really just a family of furries all wearing bear costumes?  Do the kids know this is not normal?  Is this a cult? So many questions. So few answers. 😿

It always bothered me that Mickey Mouse, in the early days, had those lil red panties but then graduated to having a shirt, while Donald Duck only ever wore his sailor shirt & hat.  Yet, when Mr. Duck got into a situation where his shirt was torn off, he always crossed his wings/arms over his nether regions.  Even as a little kid, I thought that was weird.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I don’t know what the commercial is for - probably Delta faucets - but there’s a fat hairy guy dancing in the shower.  I’m all for using something other than perfect model bods in everything, but the fat hairy guy is just too real for me. He’s gross.  Unless I’m in love with you, I don’t ant to see it.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Yet, when Mr. Duck got into a situation where his shirt was torn off, he always crossed his wings/arms over his nether regions. 

He also wrapped a towel around his waist when he got out of the shower.  

BTW, wearing a top and no bottoms is known as Porky Pigging It.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

I don’t know what the commercial is for - probably Delta faucets - but there’s a fat hairy guy dancing in the shower.  I’m all for using something other than perfect model bods in everything, but the fat hairy guy is just too real for me. He’s gross.  Unless I’m in love with you, I don’t ant to see it.

I've seen one with a good-looking man dancing in the shower but not any fat ones. 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oYgT/delta-faucet-in2ition-awaken-your-awesome-song-by-cook-classics-ft-mike-taylor

• Love 1

Ugh! The Liberty Mutual ad with the family unwrapping gifts on Christmas Day needs to go away! It's made to look like a family movie on videotape from 30 years ago. All I can think when I watch it is that someone in that family has to be either a murderer or the victim of a murderer. Thank you, ID Channel!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

The Charmin bears have gotten closer to this than we need. In that case, the floor underwear is clean because his "heiny's clean!"  And, as always, I wonder why bears that we always see naked ever need underwear.  Are they really just a family of furries all wearing bear costumes?  Do the kids know this is not normal?  Is this a cult? So many questions. So few answers. 😿

No kidding.  I also hate the one where Mama and Papa bear are watching tv, then they look at each other, and Mama shouts up the stairs, 'you're not using too much, are you?' to their poor son on the toilet who is, in fairness to the Mom, using too much.  As a parent I don't recall ever having a secret look with my husband that meant our kid was wasting toilet paper, or for that matter, keeping track of who was in the bathroom at any given time.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 1/15/2021 at 3:31 PM, knuckles491 said:

Hello all.  I just discovered this page, so it may have been mentioned before.  What's with all the people who are dancing in commercials?  People in real life don't dance in their kitchens and living rooms.  At least once I day I am seeing people dance about vitamins, clear skin, life insurance, nutrisystem, you name it.  

Hey knuckles! Welcome to this topic. I'm sorry that people kind of stomped on your first post. We're really nice, I promise. We need different points of view so please don't give up on us!❤️

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

No kidding.  I also hate the one where Mama and Papa bear are watching tv, then they look at each other, and Mama shouts up the stairs, 'you're not using too much, are you?' to their poor son on the toilet who is, in fairness to the Mom, using too much.  As a parent I don't recall ever having a secret look with my husband that meant our kid was wasting toilet paper, or for that matter, keeping track of who was in the bathroom at any given time.

But, you probably would have if your kid was known for using a whole roll every time he went.

• LOL 6

Back in the spring, our 2 y/o granddaughter was starting to use the toilet. One day she insisted on "Privacy, please!" so they let her close the bathroom door, only to find she had used so much toilet paper she clogged the toilet. So not only did they have to plunge the toilet, she wasted a very precious commodity. 🤣 She lost her privacy please privileges for awhile.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Okay - the Cadillac commercial which shows a woman in super-tight pink crop pants (or as my ol' fogeyness calls them 'highwaters') and red stiletto pumps silently creeps around her house early in the morning and checking in on her kids before she's ready to leave to get into her big ol' Caddy SUV.  She's shown stepping over an obstacle course of toys strewn all over her living room floor as well as the sleeping dog.  Am I the only one screaming in their head at her to just pick that crap up off the floor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybCgqouSBJA

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

That is the maid's job probably.

I have a friend that used to be an estate manager (read: butler) and he told me once that one of the maids was complaining that one of the kids had been leaving big deuces in the toilet and not flushing them. The lady of the house replied "That's your job," I always wondered how much therapy those kids were going to need.

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Hey knuckles! Welcome to this topic. I'm sorry that people kind of stomped on your first post. We're really nice, I promise. We need different points of view so please don't give up on us!❤️

Double welcome, knuckles!  I hate most of the dancing in commercials too, especially little kids bustin' a move an acting all sexy thang.  I hate women dancing in the street about birth control too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 1/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, knuckles491 said:

Hello all.  I just discovered this page, so it may have been mentioned before.  What's with all the people who are dancing in commercials?  People in real life don't dance in their kitchens and living rooms.  At least once I day I am seeing people dance about vitamins, clear skin, life insurance, nutrisystem, you name it.  

My absolutely most hated* commercial right now is for Wayfair. I literally cover my eyes so I don't have to see her dancing.
(*most hated unless or until the migraine "mommy can we play?" ad is back in rotation.)

wayfair-feels-like-this-song-by-grace-mesa-large-4.jpg

• Love 7

I hate the commercial for Reputation Defender. That guy is too stupid to be in business. He knows he has had issues with bad reviews, but he doesn’t think to check before this big important meeting? And then he acts all surprised and shocked that the review is still there. I wouldn’t hire him. Not because he got a bad review, but because he is clearly oblivious.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I have a friend that used to be an estate manager (read: butler) and he told me once that one of the maids was complaining that one of the kids had been leaving big deuces in the toilet and not flushing them. The lady of the house replied "That's your job," I always wondered how much therapy those kids were going to need.

Wait, what? Either that lady was also not flushing, or the non-flusher in question (in which case, how many generations of this family aren't flushing, and what does the husband think about what he married into), or else she knows it isn't the maid's job.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

Not to mention, do they flush when out in public, or do they take the manager with them to do it for them?

No the manager didn't have to do it. It was the maid's "job".

Wait, what? Either that lady was also not flushing, or the non-flusher in question (in which case, how many generations of this family aren't flushing, and what does the husband thing abou what he married into), or else she knows it isn't the maid's job.

The husband was an even bigger asshole. The maid must have been new. I guess she learned.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I would have been fired about 30 seconds later after sarcastically asking "should I be wiping their asses for them, too?"

I'd never make it as a maid either. I'd definitely have a sarcastic comment and get fired.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 1/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, dleighg said:

The Prevagen ads bug me. This couple that "we take care of ourselves, it's important" say they've been taking it for 12 years. "And it still makes a difference-- I can tell." How can you tell if you've been taking it for 12 years? You just know you'd be stupid as heck by now if you weren't taking it?

Or are you doing double blind trials every year to prove that it still works?

All I know is that after seeing the commercial all weekend, my daughter says she's going to start putting it in my wine to see what happens.

• LOL 16

After noticing that things I know are not coming out of my brain the older I get, I told my husband I was thinking of taking Prevagen. Without missing a beat, he said - you'll forget to take it. Bah-da-boom. Sometimes I think he married me because I'm his perfect straight man. 😄

• LOL 20

The Humera ad, where there's a somewhat diverse group of young band members. The front gal singer keeps having to go off to the bathroom in the middle of practice or even just before the gig is supposed to start. What bugs me is that there is NO SONG. They just keep doing this totally stupid "La La La LAAA La La La LAAAA" over and over again. I guess they were too cheap to actually pay for some musical content, even terrible musical content.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, dleighg said:

The Humera ad, where there's a somewhat diverse group of young band members. The front gal singer keeps having to go off to the bathroom in the middle of practice or even just before the gig is supposed to start. What bugs me is that there is NO SONG. They just keep doing this totally stupid "La La La LAAA La La La LAAAA" over and over again. I guess they were too cheap to actually pay for some musical content, even terrible musical content.

Oh, ,weird, that commercial came on just as I'm reading this :p. 

But I agree, it's amusing how they don't really bother with an actual song. 

• Love 8
On 1/10/2021 at 12:18 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

This has been covered, I think, but the ads (for what, I don't even know) featuring the fat old fart. showing people how not to turn into their parents has got to go.  I'm 66 and don't exhibit any of those behaviors/traits...nor did my parents!

"Dr. Rick," and I believe the Commercials are for Progressive (?). He is SUCH an annoying D-bag.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Aww... I think Dr. Rick is funny.

I was going to say that, while I find the commercials hilarious, I don't think Dr. Rick himself is particularly funny - and then "We all see it" popped into my head, and never mind.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8