Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

I had no idea who Trace Ellis Ross is, or what she is famous for. All I do know is I can not stand her stupid Lays chip ads. Is she an actor or comedian? A singer? A social-influencer?  Does not compute why she is the spokesperson for this brand.

Between the damn Skyrizi ads and Lays, I am diving for the mute button a lot. (At least Skyrizi changed the voice of the “singer” in the world’s 2nd most annoying jingle. #1 still belongs to Kars for Kids)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I had no idea who Trace Ellis Ross is, or what she is famous for. All I do know is I can not stand her stupid Lays chip ads. Is she an actor or comedian? A singer? A social-influencer?

She's an actor (she got her degree in Theatre from Brown), best known for her starring roles in Girlfriends (as a side note, I loved that show, and have just started re-watching it) and Black-ish, who also produces (she's co-creator of the Mixed-ish spinoff) and sings.  And I think she has a hair care line.  As noted, she's Diana Ross's daughter.  She seems pretty cool from the little I know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I had no idea who Trace Ellis Ross is, or what she is famous for. All I do know is I can not stand her stupid Lays chip ads. Is she an actor or comedian? A singer? A social-influencer?  Does not compute why she is the spokesperson for this brand.

She's on a TV show on ABC called "Black-ish." 

She was also on a TV show called "Girlfriends."  She is also Diana Ross' daughter.  

And she has a hair line for curly haired girls.  Stuff is pricey but pretty damn good.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Just chiming in to add rage to the changing of the Hershey Kisses bells commercial. Yeah, I know, they said they'd play both but that they modified that commercial at all makes me stabby.

I know. It wouldn't be so bad it it weren't so abrupt. When you have a commercial that everybody's known and loved their whole lives it's never a good idea to mess with it. I hope whoever decided to to do was soundly reprimanded if not fired.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

#1 still belongs to Kars for Kids)

Definitely #1.  I'm sorry for bashing kids but I hate them singing that lame ass song and they can't even be in step with the music.  And the litttle girl "speaking" at the end, I'm not even sure that's her voice.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I know. It wouldn't be so bad it it weren't so abrupt. When you have a commercial that everybody's known and loved their whole lives it's never a good idea to mess with it. I hope whoever decided to to do was soundly reprimanded if not fired.

Or given a big fat raise because I’m positive that everything they did was on purpose.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Browncoat said:

So.... your ass won't smell like ass?  You'll have lemon verbena ass? 

Your choice of three fragrances ... for now.  Perhaps they'll expand the fragrance range someday.  They should have a tie-in with Poo~Pourri with matching scents.  Do they have a special carrying case for the little nubby rubber finger thingy?

9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I went to the website. You use it in the shower. I guess you wash it there. 

It should come with it's own color-coordinated bleach bucket for in between washes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

I'm having a dinner party but it apparently never occurred to me to make sure I have any clean glasses.  Thank goodness I have a bunch of chocolate reindeer so I can cut off the heads and pour Baileys into them.

Now I'm really wondering what commercial this is referring to.  I apparently don't see a lot of the stuff you guys do.

• Love 3

Perhaps it's Canadian.  Woman gets up from her dinner party, apparently to make drinks.  'Hmmm, no clean glasses.'  On the counter is a box of chocolate reindeer.  Next scene, she has cut off the heads, poured Baileys into the bodies, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles and added a funky striped straw.  Ta da!  Seems to me it would have been easier to wash a few glasses but hey, I would have done that before the party, so what do I know?

Another peeve.  Maybe doesn't belong here as it is a promo for a TV show, but it's shown in the form of a commercial, so here goes.  The show is called 5 Bedrooms or 5 Apartments or something, some British show about 5 adults deciding to buy a house together (I think.)  A woman makes a comment about if 5 people decided to get together and buy a house, they would have lots of money.  The guy says, 'Actually, that's not as stupid as it sounds' but I swear every time I see the commercial, the guy sounds like he's say, 'Sexually, that's not as stupid as it sounds.'

Edited by bankerchick
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Creamy alcohol is nauseating.  Lol

That commercial is so idiotic.  She's in this big, trendy loft-like kitchen throwing what I'm assuming is supposed to be some fabulous holiday party and---she doesn't have any barware?   Seriously?   I guess the rent on her fancy place is so much she can't afford an Old Fashioned box set from Pier 1.   It's not exactly classy drinking from the decapitated carcass of some animal like a savage.  The worst part is at the end they toast with the makeshift glasses, actually clinking them together.  Of course the commercial ends before you can see the hollow dear bodies shatter and spill Bailey's everywhere. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 12/9/2020 at 12:45 PM, Nicmar said:

saw a commercial for another exercise bike like Peloton its call Echelon it has Santa coming in taking his clothes off with the fake gut.  Santa is supposed to be fat and old and not young and ripped, Its disturbing...lol

Weren't they playing that last year? 🤔

On 12/10/2020 at 3:36 PM, peacheslatour said:

Wait, that was the same commercial?  I wasn't paying attention when it was on and wondered why the traditional Hershey's Kisses commercial was interrupted.  

• Love 3

I don't want to go all Bloody Mary and summon it, but Peloton has been suspiciously absent this holiday season (and much of the pandemic, actually).   Are they not able to import these?   Did they go out of business because of their marketing budget?   Did they run out of high rise glass-walled apartments inhabited by exhibitionists to sell to?

• LOL 10
15 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I don't want to go all Bloody Mary and summon it, but Peloton has been suspiciously absent this holiday season (and much of the pandemic, actually).   Are they not able to import these?   Did they go out of business because of their marketing budget?   Did they run out of high rise glass-walled apartments inhabited by exhibitionists to sell to?

That's an interesting observation. I went to Peleton's web site and they are saying there is a 10 week delivery time. I wonder if their production is being upended by the supply chain snags the pandemic is causing. We bought a new refrigerator mid-July and still don't have a delivery date. We're told factories are having trouble getting parts or even staying open. We wanted to buy our 14 year old granddaughters an adult bike - can't find one.

Goddamn Nebraska Furniture Mart . Earlier this year they had a commercial that started with a loud high pitch guitar strumming and it made me hate whoever approved that commercial and shove that shitty guitar up their ass. 

They got rid of the guitar and now their commercials start out with "AH ah ah aH AH AHAHAHAH " running in the background of their shill.

And Covenant House still has their commercial which starts out with the God awful ( as most are) acapella rendition of " Amazing Grace, a song I have grown to hate in the past few years.

Both of those commercials need to go back to hell. I can't hit the remote fast enough when they come on.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Tashalynn29 said:

And Covenant House still has their commercial which starts out with the God awful ( as most are) acapella rendition of " Amazing Grace, a song I have grown to hate in the past few years.

I have NEVER understood the appeal of and/or the reasoning behind Amazing Grace being played at funerals by a bagpiper when the dead person isn't even a Scot. Especially a dead cop, like they show in every damn movie or TV show that has a cop who dies.  WTH?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, chessiegal said:

We bought a new refrigerator mid-July and still don't have a delivery date.

I'm sorry to go off topic but I'm curious.  What kind of fridge is this?  We bought an LG in Nov and it was delivered 2 weeks later.

• Useful 1
26 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm sorry to go off topic but I'm curious.  What kind of fridge is this?  We bought an LG in Nov and it was delivered 2 weeks later.

Similar. 

However,  we bought an LG fridge, dishwasher, range and microwave in June. They were delivered in August. There were manufacturer's  rebates that we're still waiting for.

Edited by tres bien
  • Useful 1
On 12/10/2020 at 10:05 PM, CrystalBlue said:

They should have a tie-in with Poo~Pourri with matching scents. 

Not exactly about a current ad, but my local fancy organic grocery store has a little section of gifty holiday stuff, and one of them is bottles of Poo-pouri in Christmasy scents, called 'Yule Logs'🤢

• LOL 16

The TIAA commercial where the guy's kids keep interrupting his zoom presentation makes be totally stabby.  Those kids are old enough to understand "don't do that you morons."  So tell them not to do that, you moron dad.  Good grief.  If I were that guy's boss, I'd fire him on the spot. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Not exactly about a current ad, but my local fancy organic grocery store has a little section of gifty holiday stuff, and one of them is bottles of Poo-pouri in Christmasy scents, called 'Yule Logs'🤢

How apropos!  What about Christmas Cookies Scent?

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, ebk57 said:

The TIAA commercial where the guy's kids keep interrupting his zoom presentation makes be totally stabby.  Those kids are old enough to understand "don't do that you morons."  So tell them not to do that, you moron dad.  Good grief.  If I were that guy's boss, I'd fire him on the spot. 

That's why rooms have doors to them with locks on them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ebk57 said:

This. And I saw another one in a similar vein for Folgers. Ugh. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Is that the one where the mother is having a Zoom meeting, and her son keeps looking over her shoulder and trying to photobomb, so she keeps moving her cup to block him out?  That's funny, imho.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Is that the one where the mother is having a Zoom meeting, and her son keeps looking over her shoulder and trying to photobomb, so she keeps moving her cup to block him out?  That's funny, imho.

I think that one is funny too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I wonder when the novelty of everyone living and working through Zoom meetings will wear off.  Is every company and brand going to come up with a video call commercial?  It's bad enough we have the Progressive series with Flo and the gang.

• Love 3

The Folgers ad I've seen is the guy who has the camera angled down and the 'whole team sees your upper thigh.  Pour that smooth roast and aim that camera up high.'  I get that it's embarrassing but relatively harmless, but the look on his female co-workers face is pretty funny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bankerchick said:

The Folgers ad I've seen is the guy who has the camera angled down and the 'whole team sees your upper thigh.  Pour that smooth roast and aim that camera up high.'  I get that it's embarrassing but relatively harmless, but the look on his female co-workers face is pretty funny.

Thank you.  I could never understand what that second line was. I like the look on the co-workers faces too.

• Love 1
On 11/17/2020 at 6:01 PM, Giuseppe said:

Has anyone brought up the commercial for some loan company, where at the end, this little girl picks up a phone I guess, and in a sing-songy voice calls out "Daaadddyyy! It's for yooouuu!" It's super annoying to me for some reason. So of course, I hear it twenty times a day.

I always hear the little girl singing, "Give me a loan, Daddy...it's for you." Which makes no sense, so I then listen to it the next time it's on, and I still hear it. What exactly is she saying?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

I always hear the little girl singing, "Give me a loan, Daddy...it's for you." Which makes no sense, so I then listen to it the next time it's on, and I still hear it. What exactly is she saying?

I think she says "You need a loan? Daddy it's for you." Either way it's annoying as hell. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

She answers the phone and says "You need a loan? Daddy, it's for you!" 

Why she is answering the phone he uses for business, who knows, except to have that line at the end.

@peacheslatour JINX!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 9:25 PM, KLovestoShop said:

And now we have Kartrashians hitting the commercial trail.  Khloe is touting migraine medicine all with her millions in plastic surgery and badly over lined lips to give her a fake enormous trout pout.  Maybe if she didn’t go under the knife so much, she wouldn’t get migraines.  

What happened to her nose? It disappeared on her face, which is unrecognizable. Maybe that was her plan...to stop looking like the rest of her repulsive family?

• Love 2
On 12/11/2020 at 8:23 PM, Maverick said:

There were all sorts of posts online over the past six months from people raging that their delivery dates were being cancelled. Some found out the day before delivery that it was postponed, sometimes for months. I mean, people were really going crazy. A friend of mine is still waiting after months and months and that's what got me looking online to see if there were delays all around. Oh boy.

They did a relatively low key pitch for their new bike and dropped the price of the original but still laid low. I am guessing that they knew they would be unable to fulfill orders from six months ago by Christmas so heavy advertising during the holidays might make people think they were available. That is, until they received a delivery date of next August or something. 

• Useful 5