Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

Haha, we were so baffled we had no idea what it was for!

i have a small condo and feel tied to a desk all day. I should remember to get up more. But I did move my workspace upstairs, so I definitely get more than before.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

Sorry to bore anyone but Tom Selleck's reverse mortgage ads now annoy me so much that mute no longer works. I'm in full change channel mode.

I never watched Magnum PI so my first experience with him was as Richard on Friends.  I disliked that character so much, that I've never watched a rerun with him in it.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's a device that collects urine for women who have night time incontinence, or when they're lying down.  

I looked it up. It's made by Liberator Medical. Remember the horse back riding woman and her colostomy bag? YEEEHA!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I looked it up. It's made by Liberator Medical. Remember the horse back riding woman and her colostomy bag? YEEEHA!!

Haha. As soon as you said Liberator Medical, the first thing I thought of was that woman screaming YEEHA! I have a colostomy and I can promise you that I have never yelled, YEEHA! I have yelled other things at it, but not YEEHA! 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Haha. As soon as you said Liberator Medical, the first thing I thought of was that woman screaming YEEHA! I have a colostomy and I can promise you that I have never yelled, YEEHA! I have yelled other things at it, but not YEEHA! 🙂

I bet. 🤕

• Love 1

Aside from the ick factor, that ad disturbs me when the adult daughter walks into Mom's bedroom while she's sleeping and throws open the curtains, flooding the old lady's room with light that wakes her. Daughter asks, "How did you sleep?" And Mom responds with a positive answer. Daughter smiles benignly at her, like she's indulging a child.  It is so patronizing and disrespectful, essentially asking if she wet the bed and I'll give you gold star for staying dry all night long.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's a device that collects urine for women who have night time incontinence, or when they're lying down.  

I'm going to Small Talk with this because I haven't seen and can't comment on the ad, but I do have a personal (once removed) comment about the product.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2020 at 4:13 PM, dleighg said:

Just out of curiosity I looked it up. To "collect and maintain a sample" costs IIRC around 2k. To actually create the new animal, 50k (dog), 35k (cat). 

And dare I ask who is going to care for said pet when I croak!  I am a huge animal lover, but limit myself to only one or two at a time.   I saw a really adorable dog or cat in a basket sleeping but  it would wake up and look around and purr via batteries.   If I had it, I would cry every day because I miss my pet so much when they pass.  The whole thing is creepy about cloning.   I did not read Pet Semetary, but to be fair, I don't read Stephen King......I am not that brave 

• Love 7
On 11/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, configdotsys said:

I don’t think I ever saw her, but I do remember Catheter Cowboy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Aww, come on.  Did none of you ever cheat on your fitness routine?

I think it's not the "cheating" that confuses me; it's that I don't get why she feels the need to have "proof" of the step count, hence putting the tracker on the dog. She still knows she didn't do it, but is someone we don't see checking on her so-called routine? What is she up to?!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think it's not the "cheating" that confuses me; it's that I don't get why she feels the need to have "proof" of the step count, hence putting the tracker on the dog. She still knows she didn't do it, but is someone we don't see checking on her so-called routine? What is she up to?!

To show off to her gaggle of equally vapid friends group?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 8
On 10/20/2020 at 11:38 PM, tinkerbell said:

this Slotmania ad freaks me out.  John Goodman is a FINGER, and he's picking his own nose - with his face on his finger?!?!

This commercial just started to run during the breaks while watching Judge Mathis. I hadn't seen it before yesterday and wish I had never seen it at all. I guess I'm lucky I'm seeing it a month later than most of you. 

• Love 7

Can’t stand Anna Kendrick and her lip syncing Christmas carols for Lays.  YMMV, but I don’t buy a product because some celebrity endorses it. In all honesty, I’d probably wouldn’t buy a product if some celebrity I don’t like advertises something. 

• Love 10
On 11/23/2020 at 4:57 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Plus, why is she bragging in the park to people who can see with their own eyeballs that her tracker is on her dog?

20 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I know they don't mean it that way, but whenever I think of wick, I think of candle which is clearly not the intent of the product title.   They should have come up with a better name for the product.  I know they are using wick as in wicking away moisture.

When it came up in this thread, I thought people were talking about Air Wick air fresheners at first.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don’t have an issue with Mrs. Watt or her giant children (I’ve always been fond of JJ, even if I don’t care so much for TJ or Derek, especially since one or both of them play for the Steelers, who I have less than no use for) but if my choice for lunch is pizza or tacos, a sub is in no way a good compromise.  

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I really didn't need to see this in any commercial.  The voice over dude is correct, that no one wants to share the chip bowl with "grossy gross".

Reminds me back in the day when I knew someone who was a perpetual nose picker.  Constantly picked his nose, even during one on one conversations, and on more than one occasion wanted to shake hands immediately afterwards.👃

“You double dipped the chip! You dipped the chip, you took a bite, and you dipped again! That’s like putting your whole mouth right in the dip!” 

• LOL 8

I couldn't find a spot to complain about TV show previews, so I'll put this here.

There's a "new" show that NBC is touting called "The Nurses".  I know it's a Canadian series, and it appears to have been airing for a couple of years up there, but it's going to be airing in a couple of weeks in the US.  And the previews are extra-cringy.  I saw one where I thought "This has to be a comedy, right?"  It's so ... sincere ... and so sincerely bad.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I couldn't find a spot to complain about TV show previews, so I'll put this here.

There's a "new" show that NBC is touting called "The Nurses".  I know it's a Canadian series, and it appears to have been airing for a couple of years up there, but it's going to be airing in a couple of weeks in the US.  And the previews are extra-cringy.  I saw one where I thought "This has to be a comedy, right?"  It's so ... sincere ... and so sincerely bad.

In a World... Movie and TV Show Trailers

• Love 1

The one i can't stand is the Geico commercial with Kristen Chenoweth.  I understand she is a singer (?), but her speaking voice is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.  I have to change the channel.  And it is on constantly.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, cinsays said:

The one i can't stand is the Geico commercial with Kristen Chenoweth.  I understand she is a singer (?), but her speaking voice is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.  I have to change the channel.  And it is on constantly.

I can't find it. Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm watching a Canadian medical show called "Transplant" on NBC and it's ok.  There are three more episodes this season but I probably won't be watching if NBC airs another season.  Bless the real life nurses, but I saw the previews for "The Nurses" and I definitely won't be watching.  Those previews are awful.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, cinsays said:

I have an irrational dislike for her, as in everything about her is grating to me. Can't necessarily tell you why, but it has something to do with her being so TINY! and CUTE! and always playing up how TINY! and CUTE! she is. 

I don't think I've seen the Geico commercial but I have seen plenty for the Food Network series Candyland. OMG an ad for Candyland just came on while I'm writing this. She's haunting me!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, mojoween said:

I don’t have an issue with Mrs. Watt or her giant children (I’ve always been fond of JJ, even if I don’t care so much for TJ or Derek, especially since one or both of them play for the Steelers, who I have less than no use for) but if my choice for lunch is pizza or tacos, a sub is in no way a good compromise.  

15 hours ago, cinsays said:

I love both JJ Watt and Kristen Chenoweth and now I'd love to see them both in a commercial together.  He could pick her up and put her in his pocket.

16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It looks like the show is trying to be Grey's Anatomy.  I know lots of nurses and can pretty well guarantee that none of them have had sex in a supply closet at work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I don't think I've seen the Geico commercial but I have seen plenty for the Food Network series Candyland. OMG an ad for Candyland just came on while I'm writing this. She's haunting me!

“WOOOOOOWWW!”

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I have an irrational dislike for [Kristen Chenoweth], as in everything about her is grating to me. Can't necessarily tell you why, but it has something to do with her being so TINY! and CUTE! and always playing up how TINY! and CUTE! she is. 

She's always reminded me of a Muppet. The only thing I've ever enjoyed her in was Pushing Daisies.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I cannot handle Kristin Chenoweth's voice.  And I know she can't help what her voice sounds like, so I feel bad about that, but then I remember that my cousin who likes pretty much everyone went to college with her and couldn't stand her, and I go about my day.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 11/24/2020 at 9:31 AM, Jaded said:

This commercial just started to run during the breaks while watching Judge Mathis. I hadn't seen it before yesterday and wish I had never seen it at all. I guess I'm lucky I'm seeing it a month later than most of you. 

Holy crap! I hate that ad! I didn't even realize that was John Goodman's face on the finger! What the fuck happened to him? Does he have stomach cancer or something?

On 11/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, cinsays said:

Jebus! I keep seeing ads for Candyland on Food Network and her voice is soooo annoying! 

• Love 2