Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, FizzyPuff said:

I agree with you that Jeremy is all about number one, however surely the photographer told them to stand like that? 

True, but remember the Duggars use photographers for their weddings who are of similar religious beliefs; so the adoring wife with smug, superior husband is their idea of a godly marriage.  He's her headship and don't anyone forget it.  And, of course, in the end, the photographer undoubtedly took hundreds of photos with all sorts of poses but this is the one Jer and Jing chose to share.

I had forgotten how pretty the train was on Jinger's dress, the photog did a good job of capturing that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So in his instagram story it drives me crazy that he got her a fountain pen for their anniversary.  I know she's talked about how much she loves fountain pens now. But of course she's loving them mainly because they're what he loves.....And she already has at least one and probably a couple.....

So he obviously doesn't know that a) that's enough fountain pens for somebody who's not a real fountain-pen devotee but just a casual fountain-pen liker and empathizer and b) you should get people things that they especially and particularly like as gifts, not things that are your personal frigging quirks.....And c) I'm also super annoyed about my suspicion that he doesn't even know anything she particularly likes and doesn't bother to find out --  or knows but doesn't care because he's so obsessed with his own damn hobbyhorses. .... 

And what does she ever write with a pen? Does SHE know what she likes?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I can see Jer wearing these!

848E1B04-FD37-4D59-99F5-DFF7419380C5.jpeg

I loooooooooooooove it! So 80s! *goes off to wistfully remember my teenage years

A fountain pen? I'm a lefty myself and my handwriting in school always left a lot to be desired. I always ended up with the ink all over my hand and sleeve

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She likes whatever JereMEE tells her she likes.

10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not expensive enough for him. He's a label whore.

Totally my thought. They HAVE to be in the triple digit price range for him to covet them.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I'm pretty sure she thinks being a Christian wife means never even trying to know. 

And I'm sure that pleases her "Christian husband" a lot. 

She started out with parents who don't see their kids as individuals, especially -- though not exclusively -- the girls. It's the way she lives and I guess she believes it's what'll get her to heaven.....where I suppose Jesus won't see her as an individual either. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Totally my thought. They HAVE to be in the triple digit price range for him to covet them.

The First Jer Commandment -- Thou shalt not covet inexpensive or moderately-priced products. 

• LOL 23
On 11/6/2021 at 11:27 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

She's also left handed. How on earth does she write without smudging ink everywhere? I have a feeling Jeremy buys Jinger pens for himself. 

I am left-handed and tried to learn calligraphy with pretty-colored fountain pens once upon a time....I gave that up quickly, it's impossible to not smear the ink unless you hover your hand above the paper and that gets tiring fast.  I'm surprised Jeremy hasn't requested that Jinger simply become right-handed in order to enjoy the full usage of the pens he chooses for her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm surprised Jeremy hasn't requested that Jinger simply become right-handed in order to enjoy the full usage of the pens he chooses for her.

He must prefer that she wear her curly hair straight, though, because it's always straight these days. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

And play with his penis 🤣

Probably preferably to playing with Jinger...  It's a big-ass sin in his world, but maybe less than what he'd rather do...

• LOL 9

Not being a shoe diva--at all--I have trouble understanding all the new shoes.  Then I remember that Jinger grew up wearing thrift store used  shoes from her family communal closet.  Having new shoes of her own is a new thing in her life, so she may be going overboard since she has never had this opportunity before.  She is probably thrilled to be able to have her daughters have new shoes of their own, too.

Edited by CalicoKitty
extra word
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12

The purpose behind "No Shave November" is to raise money for cancer research and treatment. I wonder if these jokers have actually raised any money or if they just saw other guys growing beards and decided that it would make them look cool and give them a reason to pose for more pictures.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

The purpose behind "No Shave November" is to raise money for cancer research and treatment. I wonder if these jokers have actually raised any money or if they just saw other guys growing beards and decided that it would make them look cool and give them a reason to pose for more pictures.

Never mind we're on the 10th day of November. Maybe, but a big maybe, the young guy on the end has new growth, but the other three haven't shaved in a long time.

• Love 8