Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jeremy deleted and then reposted because he originally included a group shot with Felicity and Evy's unblurred faces.  The new post doesn't have the group picture.  Idk if it was an unintentional oversight that he fixed or he's messing with people.  

• Useful 8
2 hours ago, birkenstock said:

Jeremy deleted and then reposted because he originally included a group shot with Felicity and Evy's unblurred faces.  The new post doesn't have the group picture.  Idk if it was an unintentional oversight that he fixed or he's messing with people.  

Never mind.

Edited by farmgal4
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Jeremy blocked me.  I don't remember what I said, but it was slightly snarky.

I write snarky comments on his posts a lot. I’m sure I’ll get blocked too at some point. 

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Here's the repost, sans the group shot.

All those twits (Jer included) with their baseball caps on inside. That always calls to my mind the time Tony Soprano "urged"a  young guy to remove his cap in Vesuvio's Restaurant. 🤗

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 11/15/2021 at 2:05 PM, ginger90 said:

3FBDD43C-FB76-4D67-AD62-71E73E650C85.jpeg

I know small children can be uncooperative and not want to go with the plan (my daughter at age 3) but this picture makes it look like she’s pulling Felicity down the street by her wrist.  Or that she’s paying absolutely no attention to her.  Obviously a picture is one nanosecond point of time but what’s the point of posting this?  To once again show off how they go to all the trendiest places?  Or is there some caption I can’t see?

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

what’s the point of posting this?  To once again show off how they go to all the trendiest places?  

Well, based on everything we've seen over the past few years from breakout beloved tv star Jer Vuolo, I believe this is the primary meaning of life, right? So I think you've nailed it here.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Only a few more months and we get to see what, if anything, Jeremy does with his "seminary education."  I expect he's going to try to stay on in the MacArthur empire.

yeah, that's my guess, too.....

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

What typically happens to graduates of the Master's Seminary?   Could Mac Arthur banish him to some back-water church in the middle of sticksville? Do they do placements of graduates?

Good question. My guess is the pets get the plum assignments and everyone else settles for the leftovers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

What typically happens to graduates of the Master's Seminary?   Could Mac Arthur banish him to some back-water church in the middle of sticksville? Do they do placements of graduates?

Well, there are a lot of graduates out there, at churches and various nonprofits and such.....And while some of the grads have stopped drinking MacArthur Koolaid, lots are still fans. So there are definitely people who are happy to network with and help out new grads......

But given that Jer's had "jobs" there ever since he started and MacArthur is renowned for playing favorites, big time, i expect he'll either keep Jer in his own fold somewhere or get one of this buddies who has a prime position to offer Jer something. 

I think Jer might rather die than leave LA.....so I'm expecting him to just stay on with JM. They want to keep Grace Community Church LA going -- which calls for reviving it -- and JM seems to have bought into the idea that a super-boring, utterly non-pastoral dumb-ass who likes fancy sneakers and whose wife has gifted him a big social-media following will ultimately be great at pulling in a whole new generation to the church...... So I'll be really surprised if Jer doesn't just get to keep on doing what he's doing -- although probably with no free house but a much bigger salary....

According to others' analysis, the jury's very much out on whether that church in that location can ever succeed close to the way it did in the past once Jonny M finally can't be head preacher any more (and he's 82 currently) ......and whether they could find some new location that would work much better.......Having the current church location tied to the seminary and the university will make it harder for them to move than it is for some other churches, for one thing.

There seems little doubt that the place will really take a hit when MacArthur is no longer on tap every Sunday because most of the older people who've gotten attached to him years ago now live far away from the church -- an average of 30-some miles......Can Jer and the other money-grubbing suckups Macarthur disciples replace 'em with new check writers and collection-basket fillers eager, devoted congregants? I wouldn't bet on it....but who knows....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7

The seminary has a kind of match making service with churches that follow the same theology and some of the churches with graduates brag about it so people know a bit about what to expect at those churches.  At one point there was a listing on the internet of "MacArthur" churches.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, there are a lot of graduates out there, at churches and various nonprofits and such.....And while some of the grads have stopped drinking MacArthur Koolaid, lots are still fans. So there are definitely people who are happy to network with and help out new grads......

But given that Jer's had "jobs" there ever since he started and MacArthur is renowned for playing favorites, big time, i expect he'll either keep Jer in his own fold somewhere or get one of this buddies who has a prime position to offer Jer something. 

I think Jer might rather die than leave LA.....so I'm expecting him to just stay on with JM. They want to keep Grace Community Church LA going -- which calls for reviving it -- and JM seems to have bought into the idea that a super-boring, utterly non-pastoral dumb-ass who likes fancy sneakers and whose wife has gifted him a big social-media following will ultimately be great at pulling in a whole new generation to the church...... So I'll be really surprised if Jer doesn't just get to keep on doing what he's doing -- although probably with no free house but a much bigger salary....

According to others' analysis, the jury's very much out on whether that church in that location can ever succeed close to the way it did in the past once Jonny M finally can't be head preacher any more (and he's 82 currently) ......and whether they could find some new location that would work much better.......Having the current church location tied to the seminary and the university will make it harder for them to move than it is for some other churches, for one thing.

There seems little doubt that the place will really take a hit when MacArthur is no longer on tap every Sunday because most of the older people who've gotten attached to him years ago now live far away from the church -- an average of 30-some miles......Can Jer and the other money-grubbing suckups Macarthur disciples replace 'em with new check writers and collection-basket fillers eager, devoted congregants? I wouldn't bet on it....but who knows....

Well, we know there seems to be no shortage of suckers (and suck-ups) out there!

What a way to "make a living."  I can't wrap my head around that stuff.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

jwwdihrb1g081.jpg

Things that make you go mmm...I gave that organization a goog and found out it's a non profit that supports kids with an incarcerated parent. Jeremy's mom is involved in it.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Useful 1

The mileage is off. The city of the nearest Johnny Mac love fest is not 10 miles from me. More like 15. Still too close for comfort. What surprised me is that there's one in pinko commie San Francisco! I have no clue how that one survives! 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Here's TMS find a church page:  https://tms.edu/find-a-church/

Maybe you're lucky enough to have one in your area.  :)  

I give you Orange County, CA.

image.thumb.png.701d590d7e74cee89dd44a0b3971d0aa.png

I officially love this tool. The MS alum has been running a tattoo studio for the past several years. And the church had been in the decline for several years and closed early this year…

• LOL 8
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The mileage is off. The city of the nearest Johnny Mac love fest is not 10 miles from me. More like 15. Still too close for comfort. What surprised me is that there's one in pinko commie San Francisco! I have no clue how that one survives! 😂

I got excited to see a church right in my immediate neighborhood.  Then I realized that was my house!  There are several within a half hour drive.

• LOL 8

Grace Bible Church, half hour from Rumson, NJ and near Spring Lake and Mantoloking, NJ on the ocean.  Very wealthy area, an hour to Philadelphia.  Perfect for Jer if he wants to leave LA. No, he really doesn't.

• Love 2