Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, P2C2E said:

They are not wearing masks. They are stickers that have been added digitally before posting the pictures to social media to obscure their faces. There are many celebrities that do similar, Kristen Bell and Lin-Manuel Miranda are a few examples. 

I applaud them for taking some steps to protect their kids. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to pictures. If they never posted pictures of the kids people would be upset about that as well.

I agree they need to keep them safe. The best way to do that is to keep them off public social media accounts, including their backs!

27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I already made my guesses above. My serious guess is that they're bringing back the podcast. 

My other guess is Jer's wet dream: a contract with Nike. 😁

No way in hell would Nike partner with this sanctimonious, bigoted dolt.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, quarks said:

Ooooh, oooh, I know! Jeremy is leaving Jinger to be with the loves of his life - a fountain pen and a gourmet hamburger!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget Punchable Aunt Cade!

• LOL 16

I wish they would stop the ugly hidden-face and back-only pictures.  I guess I think the occasional normal picture would be alright.  I'm not sure what they are being protected from with the ones they do.  Alternatively, don't include them in any pictures.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Don't forget Punchable Aunt Cade!

Im glad you brought up Cade. Gabby was on Colbert last week and I decided to watch since I’ve never heard her sing. Of course Cade was there front and eventually center playing electric guitar. SBaba and SGirl immediately noticed that the drummer and bassist had microphones while “that weirdo with ugly hair” (SGirl) didn’t. Midway through the song they were both yelling at the TV telling Cade to stop getting in the shot. It was hilarious because they didn’t know how I knew of Gabby, I just told them I had heard of her (true). By the end of the song Cade was getting on Gabby’s face, it was very creepy. SGirl yelled “get out of her personal space”!  Once it was over I told them how I knew about them. Later when we were alone SBaba told me Cade’s behavior, the way he looked at Gabby creeped him out, it looked like a possessive move/look, not an I love you gesture. 

I wonder if the Vuolos watched the performance.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5

They posted it on their hope we hold page, also. So I’m guessing they’re going to start their podcast again. It must have taken a while to get enough family members to participate. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I like Gabby's music and it annoys me she's saddled herself to such a loser. Ugh. 

Jeremy and Cade have a lot in common, mainly that their cushy lives are provided by their wives. Such wonderful headships 🤮.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Jeremy and Cade have a lot in common, mainly that their cushy lives are provided by their wives. Such wonderful headships 🤮.

Nothing wrong with that. They should just give their wives the credit they deserve. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I like Gabby's music and it annoys me she's saddled herself to such a loser. Ugh. 

Yep. There was no need for her to marry at age 19 and immediately start having kids with the guy. As if somehow Cade were the best thing that would ever come along. She must have been pretty sheltered to imagine that that was true. And she was the prize there. At the very least she could have made him wait until she went a little farther in her career.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SMama said:

That's part of why it was bromance at first sight between those two, I suppose.....And also why they're both aiming to be pastors in a misogynist religion. So they can make sure those women feel weak and inferior enough and scared of God enough to believe everything their bozos say. And stay with them and keep giving to them as long as the bozos demand it. ....

• Love 3

I get that the pig face matches the pig costume, but it just seems like such a mean sticker to choose and apply to your child's face. I mean, I think the sticker thing is stupid regardless--if they really cared about privacy, they'd stop posting these bizarre teasers that actually call even more attention to the child than just a regular picture and just, you know, not post pictures of the kids--but if you're going to go that route, maybe don't choose a pig face. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

That pig-face immediately brought to mind an episode of The Twilight Zone, the one where the medical personnel (whose backs are to the camera until the end) are performing plastic surgery on a woman's face to make her look "normal" and it turns out that "normal" is a pig-face. Aficionados will know exactly which episode I mean!

The episode is entitled “Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder”.  Saw it as a kid and scarred me for life.  The poor “ugly” girl was the actress who played Ellie Mae Clampet.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Isn't their 5-year anniversary coming up? Maybe it has something to do with that.

I haven't seen this guess yet, but it makes sense. If so, they'll celebrate with an Instagram Live 3 hours after they claimed it would start, and it will feature them at some burger place with stickers [and I don't mean the fun real ones] on their kids' heads. Or it will be them mainlining Sriracha sauce while playing a board game. Fun times!

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SMama said:

I would be nice if the announcement is Jeremy is getting a legit job, paying rent in a different home, and fully supporting his family. I’ll also take leaving SM permanently.

I would be nicer if Jinger was getting a job

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, skatelady said:

That pig-face immediately brought to mind an episode of The Twilight Zone, the one where the medical personnel (whose backs are to the camera until the end) are performing plastic surgery on a woman's face to make her look "normal" and it turns out that "normal" is a pig-face. Aficionados will know exactly which episode I mean!

I know the episode you speak of. The pig face makes sense to me though as Felicity is Piglet, while the younger girl is a honey pot, so a honey sticker. 

I know actual celebrities (like those mentioned above) that keep their children off of social media but will post an occasional holiday/group photo (like Christmas, or Halloween) with a sticker to cover the child’s face. I understand the logic behind it. Given that it was Halloween and they were dressed in a family costume, I follow the logic here. The back shots not so much. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, skatelady said:

I bought the action figures that depict that episode.  I love those old Twilight Zone episodes.

10 hours ago, sheshark said:

The episode is entitled “Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder”.  Saw it as a kid and scarred me for life.  The poor “ugly” girl was the actress who played Ellie Mae Clampet.

Actually, I think it's a look-alike actress.  I thought it was Ellie, too, until they ran the credits.  ETA:  I thought it was Joanne Woodward in the episode where the earth left its orbit, but again, it was a look-alike, too.

The pig face on Felicity bothers me, too.  

Edited by xwordfanatik
add a comment, fix spelling error
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wouldn't be upset if they just left the kids off social media, period.  It seems they want it both ways, and I think it's ridiculous to post headless pictures, backside pictures, and digital stickers to hide their faces.  As always, just my opinion, and YMMV.

At this point I think Jeremy's full-time job is researching and listing the creative ways that he can get his girls on social media without ever showing their faces (written in calligraphy, alphabetized, using his very best Montblanc).  The variety that he's come up with is rather impressive - from behind a plant, holding an umbrella, shoes only, etc.  But that's exactly what makes it so stupid and dangerous -  he's not giving his girls privacy at all.  If anything, he's making the desire to see their faces escalate for any weirdo or rabid fan that follows him and Jinger.  What he's doing really gives me extra creeps because he's basically teasing them out to his followers.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
On 11/1/2021 at 9:34 AM, lascuba said:

Picture on reddit of Jinger (Tigger), Jeremy(Pooh), and a tiny Evangeline at a Halloween party.

uufkbpj1xww71.jpg

EvangeLEAN actually looks skinnier than JRod’s children when they were babies.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't tell if Evangeline is unusually thin or I'm just used to seeing Jessa's kids, who run stocky. 

Felicity was a wiry baby too, but eventually filled out. So I think the Vuolo kids and Seewald kids are at different ends of the spectrum. Except maybe Fern, so far she's not a chunky monkey.

• Useful 5
16 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wouldn't be upset if they just left the kids off social media, period.  It seems they want it both ways, and I think it's ridiculous to post headless pictures, backside pictures, and digital stickers to hide their faces.  As always, just my opinion, and YMMV.

I agree with you.  I don’t see the point if we can’t see their faces.  I mean, what is the point exactly?  To prove that the kids are still alive and well?  To prove that they’re so famous that they can’t even show their kid’s faces?  I can’t come up with any other plausible reasons.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't tell if Evangeline is unusually thin or I'm just used to seeing Jessa's kids, who run stocky. 

I’m baby/toddler crazy, so there are several families that I follow on IG plus I’ve personally known a heckuva lot of babies/toddlers in my lifetime.  Evangeline is one of the skinniest babies I’ve ever seen.  Felicity wasn’t a fat baby/toddler by any means, but she had enough meat on her bones to be healthy-looking.  Evangeline looks unhealthily thin IMO.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Actually, I think it's a look-alike actress.  I thought it was Ellie, too, until they ran the credits.  

I've seen the Eye of the Beholder episode of the Twilight Zone a dozen times and the lead character is definitely Donna Douglas, who later played Elly May.   

I think the announcement is either the podcast or they're partnering with some obscure company to sell (insert product here).

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 3

I bought the action figures that depict that episode.  I love those old Twilight Zone episodes.

Actually, I think it's a look-alike actress.  I thought it was Ellie, too, until they ran the credits.  ETA:  I thought it was Joanne Woodward in the episode where the earth left its orbit, but again, it was a look-alike, too.

The pig face on Felicity bothers me, too.  

That was Donna Douglas who was in The Beverly Hillbillies in the Twilight Zone episode, Eye of the Beholder and it was Lois Nettleton in the Twilight Zone episode The Midnight Sun. This is according to IMBD.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

OMG - I would faint if I saw those action figures.  Do they make one of "Talky Tina"?  Asking for a friend, he would faint, too!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I would be nicer if Jinger was getting a job

I agree!

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

At this point I think Jeremy's full-time job is researching and listing the creative ways that he can get his girls on social media without ever showing their faces (written in calligraphy, alphabetized, using his very best Montblanc).  The variety that he's come up with is rather impressive - from behind a plant, holding an umbrella, shoes only, etc.  But that's exactly what makes it so stupid and dangerous -  he's not giving his girls privacy at all.  If anything, he's making the desire to see their faces escalate for any weirdo or rabid fan that follows him and Jinger.  What he's doing really gives me extra creeps because he's basically teasing them out to his followers.  

You said it perfectly! He really is making it more dangerous for the girls posting them this way. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

OMG - I would faint if I saw those action figures.  Do they make one of "Talky Tina"?  Asking for a friend, he would faint, too!

Ha! I watched that one recently. All dolls are creepy!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

That was Donna Douglas who was in The Beverly Hillbillies in the Twilight Zone episode, Eye of the Beholder and it was Lois Nettleton in the Twilight Zone episode The Midnight Sun. This is according to IMBD.

Wow, I could have sworn I saw another name in the credits!  Mea Culpa.

3 hours ago, sheshark said:

I only heard of the one I bought, on eBay.  I'd probably get "Talky Tina" if I ever heard of her being available. 

If Felicity got a marketing contract with Nike, I bet they’d show her face in a hot Jesus minute. Kinda funny how into nikes they are given that was the defrauding alert word. 
So much for being in the world but not of the world.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

If Felicity got a marketing contract with Nike, I bet they’d show her face in a hot Jesus minute. Kinda funny how into nikes they are given that was the defrauding alert word. 
So much for being in the world but not of the world.  

Never going to happen. Nike is a fairly progressive company. 

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Aaand it's a money grab! They "wrote" a children's book. 🙄

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVycQpSh_sE/?utm_medium=copy_link

I refuse to click on the link - is the book religious?

• Love 3