Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, SMama said:

They think their book will be read by children all over the world. 😂🤣 Because their first book was a global bestseller. 🙄

Yeah…but there’s some non white kids on the cover! Clearly it has world wide appeal. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Aaand it's a money grab! They "wrote" a children's book. 🙄

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVycQpSh_sE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well, I guess their publisher wasn't too upset with their lousy promotion for the other book. This is a Worthy publication as well...Worthy Kids ... 

Jingle's diehard leghumper following moved their "adult" book past a million much better books -- and that's all a publisher wants these days. They proved themselves in their niche and now Worthy's willing to give them another book -- this one for leghumpers to buy for their kids and grandkids.  

My prediction -- Next up: A line of cookbooks. And they won't have to actually "write" any of this stuff. Their Creative Arts Agency agent did them a huge favor by hooking them up with Hachette. 

Not sure why we're supposed to pre-order a kids' book that won't be delivered till next August. But there you are. 

We'll see how they promote this one. Although I guess it really doesn't matter. Jingle's way way valuable leghumper follower list is all it takes. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And Jeremy is pushing some other book in his IG story.

Did he forget he was sharing some big news today?

Well that's a horrible book with Jonny Mac as one of its authors, so it's part of his big job -- as one of JM's leading suckups. -- 

Christianity and Wokeness: How the Social Justice Movement Is Hijacking the Gospel - and the Way to Stop It 

Can't stop, won't stop bashing "social justice" work and feelings and opinions as evil and contrary to your faith in Christ.....

Cuz Christ would never ever have been interested in creating a just and fair society, doncha know. ALL Jesus cares about is that you believe in him believe in him believe in him cause that's how YOU get saved. (and the hell with anybody other than YOU....) 

This anti-social-justice thing nauseates me. And maybe I'm paranoid by I feel as if it's gaining strength. 

The V's "children's book" looks like it would be on the side of social justice. But Nooooo........Caring about a just society is ebil. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well that's a horrible book with Jonny Mac as one of its authors, so it's part of his big job -- as one of JM's leading suckups. -- 

Christianity and Wokeness: How the Social Justice Movement Is Hijacking the Gospel - and the Way to Stop It 

Can't stop, won't stop bashing "social justice" work and feelings and opinions as evil and contrary to your faith in Christ.....

Cuz Christ would never ever have been interested in creating a just and fair society, doncha know. ALL Jesus cares about is that you believe in him believe in him believe in him cause that's how YOU get saved. (and the hell with anybody other than YOU....) 

This anti-social-justice thing nauseates me. And maybe I'm paranoid by I feel as if it's gaining strength. 

The V's "children's book" looks like it would be on the side of social justice. But Nooooo........Caring about a just society is ebil. 

Where is the angry emoji? The one tent I held onto from my Catholic upbringing was the importance of social justice work. FU Jeremy.

5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Uh… did anybody tell them they are not television “stars” anymore… let alone “beloved?” Come on!

Especially by next August! Will anyone remember the show by then? Maybe they are hoping the attention on Josh will have died down by then?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They already have the illustrator. How long does it take to put a picture book together? 🙄

If this is being released in August, I'm 99% certain the text and illustrations are already put together.

Back in the glorious days when we had paper and did not have large ships waiting for days to unload cargo in Los Angeles, it still took a good four to six months to get a picture book printed in China and into bookstores in the United States. 

Right now, paper supplies are limited, large containers of books are literally just hanging out in the Pacific for weeks, and even once they are in the United States, distributors have having problems getting them to bookstores. To the point where multiple books are getting their release dates delayed for weeks or months. August actually feels kinda optimistic.

16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Not sure why we're supposed to pre-order a kids' book that won't be delivered till next August. But there you are. 

Well, I certainly wouldn't recommend pre-ordering this one.

But for other books, the short answer right now is that the supply chain crisis has slammed the publishing industry hard. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 5

Wow, the Duggars are overflowing with desperation-based decisions. Their collective public live is gonna end with Josh's trial. Make them bucks while the sun shines.

I'm glad it was Jer and not Jill pulling this shit

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, quarks said:

If this is being released in August, I'm 99% certain the text and illustrations are already put together.

Back in the glorious days when we had paper and did not have large ships waiting for days to unload cargo in Los Angeles, it still took a good four to six months to get a picture book printed in China and into bookstores in the United States. 

Right now, paper supplies are limited, large containers of books are literally just hanging out in the Pacific for weeks, and even once they are in the United States, distributors have having problems getting them to bookstores. To the point where multiple books are getting their release dates delayed for weeks or months. August actually feels kinda optimistic.

But for other books, the short answer right now is that the supply chain crisis has slammed the publishing industry hard. 

Maybe the answer is to print books in the US? Yeah, like that will happen.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Wow, the Duggars are overflowing with desperation-based decisions. Their collective public live is gonna end with Josh's trial. Make them bucks while the sun shines.

I'm glad it was Jer and and Jill pulling this shit

I guess now we're really in the first period in nearly forever when there is no tv money. And I guess they're probably also scared that the Josh's trial might further taint the name -- maybe even with some of the leghumpers! 

So you gotta milk your belovedness to bring home the money while you can -- and before everybody forgets who you are,,,,

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess now we're really in the first period in nearly forever when there is no tv money. And I guess they're probably also scared that the Josh's trial might further taint the name -- maybe even with some of the leghumpers! 

So you gotta milk that love to bring home the money while you can! 

Terminal cancer for The Brand. I don't see them recovering except in a few crazed Rod-type circles.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I agree with you.  I don’t see the point if we can’t see their faces.  I mean, what is the point exactly?  To prove that the kids are still alive and well?  To prove that they’re so famous that they can’t even show their kid’s faces?  I can’t come up with any other plausible reasons.

Exactly. I follow the social media of an actor who doesn’t post pictures of his kids’ faces. But when he—occasionally— posts a picture of his daughter from behind, it’s always to make a point that has nothing to do with her directly. Something like “daughter really enjoyed bird watching at XYZ with me today, bring your kids if you get a chance or support wildlife conservation through charity ABC.” 

Since the Vuolos ARE their own product, not showing the kids’ faces becomes the entire purpose of being on social media at all. And it’s more than a little ridiculous. 

Edited by Panopticon
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Terminal cancer for The Brand. I don't see them recovering except in a few crazed Rod-type circles.

You think so? I think for sure for JB & M, and I think Anna might be able to overcome this, but I don't think it'll hurt the other siblings too much. They will, however, have to deal with the online rags always including a paragraph or two of Josh's crimes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, quarks said:

Oh, of course. I keep thinking we're still in The Before Times....... or in The Before Times Again. But no......

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe the answer is to print books in the US? Yeah, like that will happen.

A number of books are printed in the United States - particularly digital print and POD books. Just not picture books, since the United States really doesn't have any printing presses specializing in  full glossy colored/heavy colored books, which is sorta the definition of the picture book. 

And even books printed in the U.S. still have to deal with the ongoing domestic shipping/distribution issues and the fact that Ingram just does not have a lot of trucks or truck drivers right now.

But the issue isn't just where the books are being printed. I mean, that doesn't help, but the big, big issue is that the entire world, not just the United States, is short on book quality paper right now, for all kinds of reasons, like, for instance paper mills switching from producing book quality paper to producing cardboard boxes for shipping purposes. It's a mess.

To swing this back to Jeremy and Jinger, I expect these current supply chain issues are precisely why Worthy Books is working with them.  I doubt that anyone thinks this is going to be any sort of bestseller, but with Jinger's social media following, it's also not that big of a risk.

And I also think we've finally got an answer to the question of "why do they keep showing us their kids if they supposedly want to keep their kids' faces off social media?" I think it's to remind us that HEY THEY ARE PARENTS - good, hamburger eating parents who like expensive pens - so they know just what kids want to read. Sales!

• Useful 7
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They already have the illustrator. How long does it take to put a picture book together? 🙄

It's hard to find a ghost writer.

I ain't gonna drop 18 dollars on a children's book, I don't even pay that for adult books. Well, I would spend that on The Winds Of Winter, but we all know that ain't ever going to happen so that point is moot.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I would spend that on The Winds Of Winter, but we all know that ain't ever going to happen so that point is moot.

The only way that book is gonna happen is if the publishers hire a ghostwriter after George's death. 

With regards to Jingle and Jeremy, my first thought was the cover art is adorable, but that's not their work, so whatever. Interesting that the "big announcement" is made on the cusp of the Pest trial. They wouldn't hijack a family scandal for sympathy and publicity, would they? 🙄

• Love 8
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

463B63FC-2294-4633-96E5-FFDFF69C42CE.jpeg

F6909225-058E-4F37-B914-93E1D894B41B.jpeg

Overpriced and from beloved tv stars 😂😂😂

I am dead 

Straight from the “gotta find ways to pay for the shoes and cheeseburgers” hearts of J and J. 🙄

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

The whole thing with Instagram followers, and being an influencer, baffles me. Jinger’s current number of 1.4m, doesn’t allow for the fact that a large number of them probably aren’t currently actively  “following” her.

Jeremy has 690k. Again probably a good number aren’t actively following him.

Then there’s the so-called “hate” followers, who are not going to buy anything Jinger and Jeremy say, or shill.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Suzn said:

That was Donna Douglas who was in The Beverly Hillbillies in the Twilight Zone episode, Eye of the Beholder and it was Lois Nettleton in the Twilight Zone episode The Midnight Sun. This is according to IMBD.

The Midnight Sun is one of my personal faves.  I love being able to stream the episodes uncut and with the credits.  Okay, I'm old!  Aren't the Vuolos obscuring the girl's faces because some jackwagon made stupid comments about Felicity?  Could be wrong.  And when did Jinger ever go trick or treating?  Glad she's finding out what she was missing!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Straight from the “gotta find ways to pay for the shoes and cheeseburgers” hearts of J and J. 🙄

I see it’s in the Christian/values and virtues category. Wonder exactly what that means.

45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The whole thing with Instagram followers, and being an influencer, baffles me. Jinger’s current number of 1.4m, doesn’t allow for the fact that a large number of them probably aren’t currently actively  “following” her.

Then there’s the so-called “hate” followers, who are not going to buy anything Jinger and Jeremy say, or shill.

And their followers are very likely many of the same people. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I look at it like TV commercials, most viewers aren't going to buy the products advertised, especially the first time they're advertised, but a few will. Name recognition is also huge in the advertising world. While most won't reach the level of Kleenex or Band-Aid, the more often one hears the name, the more likely they'll pick it when making a choice.

So if say, 250k see Jinger's posts, the product name is out there and they'll likely make a few sales. Then if Jessa shills the same thing, a lot of the same folks will see the name again, and probably a few new ones, and a few more sales. 

And it costs almost nothing to advertise this way.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Actually it should take a while if you're doing it right. I'm sure they're not doing this right because they are lazy about everything. But it doesn't surprise me at all that it would take months to do the illustrations and post-production work. People always underestimate that time, and it comes back to bite you in the ass when you do.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Zella said:

Actually it should take a while if you're doing it right. I'm sure they're not doing this right because they are lazy about everything. But it doesn't surprise me at all that it would take months to do the illustrations and post-production work. People always underestimate that time, and it comes back to bite you in the ass when you do.

From the description, it sounds like the book is already done. The problem, as noted above, is production. I am curious how long it took them to actually write this, once green-lighted by the publisher?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

From the description, it sounds like the book is already done. The problem, as noted above, is production. I am curious how long it took them to actually write this, once green-lighted by the publisher?

Yeah it may very well be done. But even if it wasn't, several months to work on the book, even for a relatively simple children's book, wouldn't surprise me. It may not take long to write the actual text, but writing the content is only the beginning. By the time you go back and forth with the editor and the illustrator and everyone has their 0.02 but still has to reach a consensus, it's a pretty lengthy process. In fact, when I worked for a publisher, I hated working on picture books most of all. They're an absolute pain in the ass. Give me a 500-page scholarly tome any day of the week instead. 

My guess is this has been in the works for a while. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 8
  • Love 3

I wonder if that is why they dressed as Winnie The Pooh characters for not-Halloween. 

“See, we read a children’s book and know the characters.  That means we are qualified children's authors. Here is our book. It is even better than Winnie The Pooh because it has JESUS.”  

Edited by EVS
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 11/1/2021 at 12:47 AM, Lady Jane said:

I cannot be the only one who had a looong moment of, "Ricardo Montalban & Fernando Llamas are.... different people?" Like I know that (they've got different names!) but I thought of them interchangeably. 

@Lady Jane, thank you for making me laugh (and laugh) at my own embarrassing slip of the brain.  Stupid brain. 

I would like to point out, however, that Fernando Lamas and Fernando the Llama are probably..... different species? 

• LOL 7
On 10/31/2021 at 11:29 PM, Lady Jane said:

Masters seminary is the seminary you go to when you're too much of a coward to challenge your faith. It is immersion in an echo chamber of douchebag. It isn't even accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. 

Fantastic description (the bolded).

On 11/1/2021 at 3:03 AM, BigBingerBro said:

b30cxs7unww71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

This is so weird, coming from the family that cried "Nike" to avoid being tempted by shoulders.

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

A7BF7D1D-E7A5-449B-904F-D75471D4B3DD.jpeg

1D59DA8B-E273-4793-AB5B-220223B91151.jpeg

Adverbs are for losers!

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Fantastic description (the bolded).

This is so weird, coming from the family that cried "Nike" to avoid being tempted by shoulders.

Adverbs are for losers!

I came here just now to comment on the bad grammar! It’s “brightly,” you morons. Should I assume they had no editor or is the editor just as stupid as they are?

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I came here just now to comment on the bad grammar! It’s “brightly,” you morons. Should I assume they had no editor or is the editor just as stupid as they are?

Hopefully, this is just a galley and the title can be changed. Shit like this is why I see these kids 15 years later when they're in college unable to write a coherent sentence.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I find it hilarious the publisher wanted another go-around with them after the shitshow that was the last book. I wonder if they were dumb enough to sign these two to a multiple-book deal initially, so they're stuck with them, and here we are. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Why don't these people, who received stellar home-schooling, use proper grammar for a BOOK TITLE? Yes it should read "Brightly".  How are children ever going to learn how to speak correctly?....or should I say "correct"?

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I find it hilarious the publisher wanted another go-around with them after the shitshow that was the last book. I wonder if they were dumb enough to sign these two to a multiple-book deal initially, so they're stuck with them, and here we are. 

Certainly might have happened, but I don't think it necessarily did.....Because the same ugly fact obtains, regardless of whether this was a new contract or a continuation, doesn't it? 

Book sales are slow these days but "celebrity" stuff still sells. Their sales were a sure thing. not fantastic sales but still, just enough to bring in some profit.

Whereas somebody can write a fantastic children's book that gets brilliantly reviewed by 25 publications and authoritative websites. And if the author's somebody people don't "know," the thing won't sell at all. ....   So if you're selling books, you'll go with the sure thing. And since the sure thing is "celebrities," that means the sure thing is often also "idiots." 

It's disgusting how much this will go to their heads. As if Jer needs more boosts for his absurd ego. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13