Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just now, Oldernowiser said:

Jeremy Vuolo memorized an entire book of the Bible???

Of course, if that’s true and it cost JB $1000 I now have a better understanding as to why JB dislikes him.

Nope, it still doesn’t wash... is there some lost Duggar spawn named Jer that I just don’t know about?

jeremiah

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

And now he is a "student" and never goes to school.

Everybody has to specialize in something. 

12 hours ago, zoomama said:

jeremiah

Didn't Joe also memorize the book of Proverbs? ....That idea rings a vague bell with me.

23 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jessa, especially, needs to follow Jill's lead and lob off 14 inches of bad hair.  Look at how flat it lays on her scalp.  It's way too heavy.

They both look like 'before' pictures for a salon cut and deep conditioning treatment.  It always amazes me how they both flip their hair over their shoulders so it hangs in the front in photos.  That only works if the hair looks good, if it really is their 'crowning glory'.  In this case, no. If my hair looked as fried as theirs, I'd be trying to hide it for pictures.  I had waist length hair until I was 27, it always looked healthy and shiny and I kept the ends neatly trimmed.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Everybody has to specialize in something. 

Didn't Joe also memorize the book of Proverbs? ....That idea rings a vague bell with me.

I mentioned that above. They have to do it at ALERT.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I find this birthday greeting so oddly formal. It sounds like a letter of recommendation rather than something sisters s would post.

Well, they don't post these things for the person in question, the way most of us would do.

They're very very conscious that they're posting to a large public. The celebrity thing is always in their minds.

That probably takes the focus entirely off of the individual relationship involved (whatever it's like...) and inserts the stick-up-your-ass that most people get whenever we're assigned to speak or write to an audience of strangers.

I hope they use private social-media channels or write notes on paper to one another in addition to this public-announcement crap......

At the same time,  though, I'm not sure they have particularly warm and open relationships at all, after their house-of-godly-spies upbringing, so in fact those private notes might not be much warmer. 

This particular note sounds like Jessa's sort of unconsciously musing on how locked up, socially frozen and ultimately unfriendly she is, compared to Jingle. The truth comes out. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18

Her blonde hair looks so fried. As a curly person I'd love to see her go back to a rich brown with maybe some caramel highlights, & get a *good* curly cut, like Deva, & start using curl encouraging products & much less heat. She wouldn't even have to remove that much length, maybe just those burnt out ends to lighten the load. I'm no stylist but I think she would look so much better & definitely be healthier.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, but would Jed!2020 have bothered if he weren’t running for office?

Doubtful. Even duggarfam hasn't posted.

Edit: They posted on FB about half an hour ago.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Speaking of which...

Wow, he's didn't even say "I love you".  This has to be the coldest birthday tribute on record for the Duggar clan.  It's very fitting though, he seems to only care that she's a pretty prop through life's journey.

• Love 18
41 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, but would Jed!2020 have bothered if he weren’t running for office?

no, because if he wasn't running for office he wouldn't have been allowed on social media without a courtship. 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Jed’s post is the warmest. Which ... isn’t saying much. Here is Meechelle’s:

It's like a toned-down version of Jill R's posts. It also sounds somehow condescending and overly sweet. The Splenda of birthday posts. I can hear Michelle reading in it in her cutsiest voice.

Also, somehow Duggarfam has what looks like the most recent photo of the JinJer Vuolos. JinJer keeps posting photos that seem like they're from a few months ago. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jed!2020 sends his regards.

I don't even really know what it means that people would keep parroting these kinda meaningless phrases that've been drilled into them -- ..."constant encourager" and "during many seasons of life."

Hell, Jed!2020, you're 20ish and until you had to move out temporarily for political reasons slept in your childhood bunkbed, how "many seasons of life" do you know anything about? 

Plus, it just screams "I have nothing to say to you, so I'm falling back on things that I've heard a bazillion times in other family birthday cards!" 

What young man writes like that or thinks like that? 

There are either virtually no individuals here -- they're all just so empty of individuality, still, that they can't do anything but regurgitate Meechelle-speak pabulum.....Or else they have some individuality but keep it buried for fear of ..... what? 

It comes off like a horror movie about zombification, to me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's what I saw on FB. It hadn't shown up in my IG feed yet. 

Here's Mother's little helper.

I’m sad that The Prop is only being encouraged to clean up. Why aren’t they teaching her how to put ornaments on the tree? Oh. My bad. If they have a lot of kids (well not likely) she’ll know how to cook and clean and raise little siblings. She could also be in training to take care of her parents when they reach that season of life. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Seriously. I watched it twice trying to figure out what is going on with her hair, and I'm still not sure. 

It's really odd. Like her hair in the back didn't get any color when she went blond. Or whatever she did. 

• Love 5

I wonder why there's a sudden rush of birthday tributes from the siblings? I don't recall any of them previously posting about the Littles, and I thought Jinger's closest relationship to a brother was Joe? Jed's message feels like it's coming out of left field. With regards to Jeremy, he posts more lovingly about his fountain pens and ties than he does his wife.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Screenshot_20191221-212543_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.237108fe32d8c7f9def083a6c0253506.jpgScreenshot_20191221-212549_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.6a2b1703a2101f6f267a40f099eeb0ff.jpg

Sooo, they went out for fast food on her birthday. Jinger got a bunless burger. Jeremy looks goofy af in that big ass hat. 

Guess they only eat out at fancy places when someone else is footing the bill  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

I feel like that photo caption sums it all up. She points out that he is the one she loves while he fondles the food he really loves. Lest we think pizza is the one she loves. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12

Happy Birthday Jinjetta! What a year it's been for you. This year has been like your new word, CRAZY! Full of change, celebrations and loss. Here's hoping this next year is filled with much joy and success. Oh ya, homie Jesus says he'll see you on the flip side. Side hugs!

• LOL 16
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

They went out for pizza AND burgers? At this rate Jeremy is going to have to roll back to class after the holidays.

Hahahahaha! Jeremy goes to class? Hahaha! Jeremy is so special he does not actually have to attend classes.

I feel like Jeremy is trying to channel his inner Kanye for his casual look. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20191221-212543_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.237108fe32d8c7f9def083a6c0253506.jpgScreenshot_20191221-212549_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.6a2b1703a2101f6f267a40f099eeb0ff.jpg

Sooo, they went out for fast food on her birthday. Jinger got a bunless burger. Jeremy looks goofy af in that big ass hat. 

Guess they only eat out at fancy places when someone else is footing the bill  

Jingle: "It's him I love.' 

Jer: "It's refined carbs I love." 

• LOL 22
  • Love 1