Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

What’s with this recipe, while I’m at it? I have a dinner roll recipe I can make in my sleep...with BUTTER FFS not Crisco. It’s not rocket science..some slight variation on this recipe probably ends up on tables in 90% of US homes this time of year.

Their PR person is really, really bad. Must be a sweet friend.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

What’s with this recipe, while I’m at it? I have a dinner roll recipe I can make in my sleep...with BUTTER FFS not Crisco. It’s not rocket science..some slight variation on this recipe probably ends up on tables in 90% of US homes this time of year.

Crisco! I didn't look at the recipe. Yikes. 

Definitely a sweet friend. 

Of course considering how many batches Jana reportedly threw away.....And Jingle apparently threw at least one away in her attempt here, based on the photographic evidence....I suppose cheaper ingredients had their benefits. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

What do the Duggars have against real dishes? Or butter? Those rolls are a hot mess. 

I think the ones we see her put into the oven are still burnt on to the real pan and she had to whip up the second batch in the foil tray before the videographer left. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

What do the Duggars have against real dishes? Or butter? Those rolls are a hot mess. 

We made the Duggar rolls a few years ago.  We automatically used butter instead of Crisco.  They aren't bad, but there are better recipes.

• Love 5

I didn't pay attention to it the first time but went back and looked at Jinger, the baking expert.  The pan shown being put in the oven is a different pan than the one with the resulting baked rolls.  The first is a regular pan and the second is foil!  Wow! What a mess they look like - all different sizes, all spread out. It's sadly a Jill level of quality.

I can't imagine why Jinger and Jana are highlighting their lack of baking skills with rolls.  Even if they could do a great job with them, it's still only rolls.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

For women brought up only to be housewives , they sure suck. 
I wonder how much of this is Jer’s doing, putting pressure on her to have a “Ministry” as pastor’s often do. 

I would suspect RFP doesn’t think twice a week about his own supposed ministry, let alone Jinger’s. I also suspect they may be staring at almost no income, no place to live if the freebie expires, and no help to speak of from either JimBob or the MacArthur Old Bros, especially as they are already gifting him temporary housing, tuition, and some kind of semi-sorta job that isn’t. 

If Jinger is pregnant...yikes. 

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Blazer pic does look like Jin's pregnant.  Is it wrong of me to hope it's another girl?  Datty  seems the type to feel like girl children are an affront to his macho-ness.

3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Actually, my take is that he’d love his family to be all admiring little girls, so I’m hoping for a boy Sam-equivalent who has Datty’s number by six months and an eyeroll perfected by seven months who thinks sports are stupid and wants to study quantum physics.

I get the sense that Jeremy will be happy with either a boy or a girl. On the one hand, I think he wants a boy to carry on the Vuolo name. (That's big with both fundies and non-fundies). I have no idea how many male Vuolo cousins Jer has. His old brother Chuck Jr. hasn't had any kids. (Nor has older sister Valerie for that matter). Jer is most likely interested in having at least one son.

On the other hand, girls tend to be more appealing and be more picturesque. There's more of an interest in the Duggar daughters/daughters-in-law. Same with the Bates girls. And the Kardashians have more girls than boys. 

Jeremy is a man and he married a Duggar girl. I get the sense he's happy with whatever as long as they take pretty pictures. If they keep having girls, he can easily get Jinger to keep making babies until they get their boy. I doubt he wants double digits, but I could see them with anywhere between 3-6 kids, maybe even 7 or 8. 

I've suspected Jinger was pregnant since October. I now think the announcement will either be Monday or very early January. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Michelle failed to even teach these girls how to cook! Eesh I’m embarrassed for them.

Does MeeChelle even know how to cook?
Who is going to teach them? Their “dear” or “sweet” friends that brought over cream of crap based casseroles? MeeChelle probably never cooked a meal or cleaned a room in her life.

We know she did laundry until she had her infamous Laundry Room Breakdown. Did she ever cook?

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Actually, my take is that he’d love his family to be all admiring little girls, so I’m hoping for a boy Sam-equivalent who has Datty’s number by six months and an eyeroll perfected by seven months who thinks sports are stupid and wants to study quantum physics.

You may be right about that!  A Sam equivalent with the side-eye and a genius IQ would annoy Datty!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

I didn't pay attention to it the first time but went back and looked at Jinger, the baking expert.  The pan shown being put in the oven is a different pan than the one with the resulting baked rolls.  The first is a regular pan and the second is foil!  Wow! What a mess they look like - all different sizes, all spread out. It's sadly a Jill level of quality.

I can't imagine why Jinger and Jana are highlighting their lack of baking skills with rolls.  Even if they could do a great job with them, it's still only rolls.

They should have made cute Christmas cookies or bars.  Far more relatable.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Her name looks like finger 😁

I’ve always thought that too!  

18 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Two adults and a small child need that many rolls? RFP’s  belly is going to have a few extra rolls if Jingle thinks she’s the next Martha Stuart. 

I’m sure she made extra to donate to the needy. Oh wait, they’re Duggars, just kidding!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:I would suspect RFP doesn’t think twice a week about his own supposed ministry, let alone Jinger’s. I also suspect they may be staring at almost no income, no place to live if the freebie expires, and no help to speak of from either JimBob or the MacArthur Old Bros, especially as they are already gifting him temporary housing, tuition, and some kind of semi-sorta job that isn’t. 

If Jinger is pregnant...yikes. 

That’s why I put “ministry” in quotation marks 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here's mommy with Prop. Caption this.

Dis she get a stylist? It looks like she got her hair and makeup professionally done. I have never seen her look that polished.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Wow, you guys are seeing this way differently than I did. I looked at the blazer pic and thought she looked really skinny. But I have been known to not notice someone is pregnant until they put in for maternity leave so I may not be the best judge of such things.

I thought the same thing. I think the tiny “bump” people are seeing is just the spot where her shirt tucks into her pants.  I mean, I don’t know whether she’s pregnant or not, she could be, but I don’t think she’s visibly pregnant in that photograph. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Crisco is cheaper than butter. You can get a 6-pound can of Crisco for $11 but (barring sales, etc.) 6 pounds of butter will run you closer to $20. Of course, Jinger can afford butter now, but I imagine Michelle or whatever fundie mom of 15 taught her this recipe had to economize.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 12/10/2019 at 12:10 AM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20191209-191855.thumb.jpg.640314fa623c6b2358787be6fca9ad8d.jpg

She has flour all over her sleeves.

Totally is tease to a "bun on the oven" announcement. Yes, we've seen the well-done rolls but I suspect the "more to come" has a bit more to it.

As far as the long sleeves and other blah blah blah. I'm the person who would do that not thinking or, you know,  pull weeds in a dress and work shoes when I get out of the car after work in April and see that first dandelion which turns into a full blown gardening situation....so I'm not going to judge. At least her hair was pulled back. I take the victories where I can.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Crisco is cheaper than butter. You can get a 6-pound can of Crisco for $11 but (barring sales, etc.) 6 pounds of butter will run you closer to $20. Of course, Jinger can afford butter now, but I imagine Michelle or whatever fundie mom of 15 taught her this recipe had to economize.

And you need to economize when at least one of your daughter-cooks has to try nine batches before she gets one to come out...

...And another daughter still has to do at least two batches to get hers to come out -- as a married adult housewife, 10 years later...

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Who is going to teach them? Their “dear” or “sweet” friends that brought over cream of crap based casseroles? MeeChelle probably never cooked a meal or cleaned a room in her life.

We know she did laundry until she had her infamous Laundry Room Breakdown. Did she ever cook?

Eggs.  She has been seen cooking eggs & possibly bacon on the show.  

Way back when, she heated up water to make Stove top stuffing & boxed mac & cheese for lunch.  She was making lunch for the younger children & they got to choose the menu.  I think she through in some carrots for nutrition.

ETA:  not sure if heating up water counts as cooking.

16 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

They should have made cute Christmas cookies or bars.  Far more relatable.

I thought Jinger was known for her "Jinger" cookies.  I'm pretty sure she posted her recipe before. Maybe last Christmas? 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 2

In the blazer picture, with her hair swept up in a bun, I see that Jinger's got that little patch of hair on the front/side that doesn't grow.  I have the same thing.  It's not noticeable now that I have short hair, but I remember when I had long hair, I hated when I'd wear a ponytail or a bun and I had this patch of hair sticking out.  It never grew longer than about two inches.  

I don't think Jinger looks pregnant either.

• Love 2

I just got a pop-up for cookware.  There is a picture of a lady taking what looks like cinnamon rolls out of the oven.   The pose is very similar to Jinger's except except these cinnamon rolls look edible. 

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

In the blazer picture, with her hair swept up in a bun, I see that Jinger's got that little patch of hair on the front/side that doesn't grow.  I have the same thing.  It's not noticeable now that I have short hair, but I remember when I had long hair, I hated when I'd wear a ponytail or a bun and I had this patch of hair sticking out.  It never grew longer than about two inches.

Huh. When I looked at that pic, I thought some of her hair had broken off and was just in the process of growing back. Perhaps she has the same issue you have, though.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Portia said:

Huh. When I looked at that pic, I thought some of her hair had broken off and was just in the process of growing back. Perhaps she has the same issue you have, though.

I think it’s hair like Gemma Violet was referring to.  My hairdresser calls it “baby hair” because it’s baby-fine and refuses to grow.  I think Jinger looks very pretty in a couple of the newer photos.  For those pics and her wedding, having a hair and makeup pro made all the difference in how she looks.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't think Jinger looks pregnant either.

51 minutes ago, Portia said:

And I thought she was doing some sort of comb-over technique because in some photos her hairline is higher near the edges of her forehead.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

No, I don't think she does. It may be that as a youngest child, J'chelle was never expected to do chores around the house, and was never taught basic housekeepinig skills. More importantly (to me) is that once she decided to be a full-time SAHM, she never LEARNED any of those things. None of the women in my family were SAHM's, and many (all?) of them didn't know how to cook well, but they ALL kept clean homes. All of them had been taught from early childhood to make beds, clean the house, wash the dishes, etc. I never went to sleep in an unmade bed in my life until I was old enough to live on my own and decide whether or not to make my bed. For the Duggar siblings, going to sleep in a warm, clean, made up bed was the exception, not the rule.

If you think back to the specials where the kids were shown doing their "chores," you always saw them lumbering around the house with some industrial supplies and equipment, you never actually saw them cleaning or making beds or anything else. I always chalked their sloppy efforts up to them being CHILDREN, but in retrospect, I don't think that there was ever any teaching or any supervision.

I think it's a positive sign that Jinger and her siblings are making some effort to learn to cook. I don't know if the effort is real, though, or if it's just a photo op for some clicks.

• Love 17

I don’t think Jinger looks pregnant but note how often her stomach is covered by something- Felicity, an apron, a table, etc.  That’s pretty much how they hide a pregnancy on tv shows when the actress is pregnant but her character isn’t. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Books is giving away his namesake.

JereMe, did you actually listen to my advice about being a hipster Calvinist influencer after all? Are you backing off from the foodie and fashion posts?

In all seriousness, maybe the Fonuts debaucle made RFP rethink some things. That or Big Daddy MacArthur chewed his ass recently about his social media presence. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

I'm not going to knock the Crisco, since it sounds like that was what was used when she was growing up. I've baked cookies with Crisco when money was tight, but I always used butter-flavored Crisco. It's the same price as regular, but gives the cookies better flavor. I use to fry food with butter-flavored Crisco, too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Nysha said:

At first glance I thought they were at an airport and chuckled, since I've done the same thing with my kids and grandchildren. But to do that in a store, with a piece of merchandise that you're not actually buying?!? FFS, Jeremy, grow a brain!

No thought of others at all. No empathy. That's the Duggars all over. And Jer's exactly the same. That's why they can happily have the beliefs they do, I think. 

• Love 19