Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Again, Jer and Jing are wearing jackets and Felicity is barely clothed. Either she's freezing or they are sweating.

Modern day fashion is easy Jer. A designer pays a Kardashian or some other famous person to wear their product, then wannabes like you start buying them. Then other mainstream designers mass produce the products and the rest of us have no choice because that is all the stores sell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And I suppose I'm crazy, but I truly do not believe that any church hiring committee, now or in the future, is going to be all excited about paying a minister who seems to be 500 times more interested in photographing himself with fashion books and patty melts he's advertising than in anything related to pastoring a congregation.

I really don't think it matters that, "Oh the younger generations are totally down with social media -- it doesn't matter what he posts! They're so used to social media and love it so much they won't give it a second thought!" .... The social media isn't the issue. It's the glaringly obvious messages he sends -- constantly -- about what he's truly interested in and what he doesn't give a flying crap about. 

And what he's interested in -- and there's no mistaking it -- is himself, his wallet, eating out every day, and the super-good looks he obviously fancies he has and that he's desperate to have clothed in all the trendiest stuff out there. 

Nobody is dumb enough to think that this is what their future pastor must post just because he's on social media.

If he took the Sunday school kids on a field trip or went with his family to a soup kitchen or the nursing home or posted pictures of landscapes he found beautiful or news stories he found inspiring, those church hirers could look at it and see a person who might care about the people in their church and help them find life's spiritual side. They could see -- seems to me -- what they're obviously looking for: What's in it for them if they hire him as their spiritual leader. 

But if all they see is his fashion and his food and here and there a few books he's shilling for money, all that's there for them to see is what's in it for him. I think anybody, old or young, will feel hesitant about hiring a pastor who seems to continually demonstrate that he has no interest in all in the things they'd like him to care about once he got the job. 

That said, I have the strong expectation that his obvious genius for sucking up to the right people will ultimately let him bypass all hiring committees and snag a good job under the auspices of some guy he successfully targets for the all-boosters-firing suckup treatment. 

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he went out and got a job in the fashion industry or the restaurant industry or in marketing or advertising. Because that's obviously where his passions lie.....

However, he probably -- correctly -- sees a ministerial job as bringing him more of the attention he'd like and might also be easier to fake. Just put on your new suit, stand up, look pompous and bloviate. In those other jobs, you're more likely to have to work for a living, I suppose. 

I agree Churchie, but take out the SM part and you're describing most of the pastors who are famous. Famous to me that is. If there's a humble and sacrificing mega preacher out there, I don't think the mainstream public have heard of them.

And then folks like MacArthur. I had never heard of him, but I'm guessing he doesn't live in a one bathroom ranch and wears suits from JCPenney.

I have no idea where Jeremy is going to land. Maybe he'll be a yes man to a higher up for some Fundy entity, maybe he'll be a preacher or maybe he'll get a job organizing Kanye's closets.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree Churchie, but take out the SM part and you're describing most of the pastors who are famous. Famous to me that is. If there's a humble and sacrificing mega preacher out there, I don't think the mainstream public have heard of them.

And then folks like MacArthur. I had never heard of him, but I'm guessing he doesn't live in a one bathroom ranch and wears suits from JCPenney.

I have no idea where Jeremy is going to land. Maybe he'll be a yes man to a higher up for some Fundy entity, maybe he'll be a preacher or maybe he'll get a job organizing Kanye's closets.

Yep. Famewhores get famous. Most people who do their actual jobs, don't. 

I just don't like the famewhores to pretend they care about the job is all!

ETA: However, to be a famous minister, you need more than being a famewhore and really really really really wanting it.

You also need at least a fair number of the following, in at least perceptible amounts: charisma, eloquence, ability to think on your feet, persuasive powers, at least a modest amount of wit and/or imagination in speaking and/or writing, awareness of and ability to quickly read and respond to an audience, gift of the gab and a pretty good speaking voice. As far as we've seen up to now -- and he's over 30 and has at least four years of experience and/or training behind him -- he has none of these. 

So I'm thinking "famous minister's wing man" is as high as he'll be able to end up......

He might get there, I think, because the lack of the actual talents required (other than networking and sucking up) -- plus his apparent obliviousness to the fact that he does lack those talents -- will mean somebody with the talents may well see him as useful, but no actual threat to steal the top spot.

.....Much as I know this is a stupid fascination, the question of Jer's fate does fascinate me.

Out of all the gang, to me he's the only one who craves fame and the spotlight as much as Jim Bob does. (Famy runs a fairly distant second and Jessa third, for me -- mainly because I think Jessa wants the fame more for the kind of life it can provide for her than for the fame itself.)

If the show ever ends (which remains a pretty big if, I know), Jer's actual fame will be over.  (I have a hard time seeing him and Jingle getting their own show, as many speculate. TLC has trouble filling 20 minutes with new material when they have access to this whole extended family, so I think they'd hesitate to set themselves the task of filling a whole show with just two of them, even with Felicity's help.... And I think his cameo.com account shows pretty clearly that he doesn't have much personal fame, even with the show, but simply reflected glory from Jingle and the Duggar circus -- hardly anybody seems to ask him for a message.)

When a fame-craving person loses access to the thing that gave them their fame, it's interesting to me to see what they do next. I don't think there are many fame-cravers who give up the spotlight without a fight .... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. Famewhores get famous. Most people who do their actual jobs, don't. 

I just don't like the famewhores to pretend they care about the job is all!

ETA: However, to be a famous minister, you need more than being a famewhore and really really really really wanting it.

You also need at least a fair number of the following, in at least perceptible amounts: charisma, eloquence, ability to think on your feet, persuasive powers, at least a modest amount of wit and/or imagination in speaking and/or writing, awareness of and ability to quickly read and respond to an audience, gift of the gab and a pretty good speaking voice. As far as we've seen up to now -- and he's over 30 and has at least four years of experience and/or training behind him -- he has none of these. 

So I'm thinking "famous minister's wing man" is as high as he'll be able to end up......

He might get there, I think, because the lack of the actual talents required (other than networking and sucking up) -- plus his apparent obliviousness to the fact that he does lack those talents -- will mean somebody with the talents may well see him as useful, but no actual threat to steal the top spot.

.....Much as I know this is a stupid fascination, the question of Jer's fate does fascinate me me.

Out of all the gang, to me he's the only one who craves fame and the spotlight as much as Jim Bob does. (Famy runs a fairly distant second and Jessa third, for me -- mainly because I think Jessa wants the fame more for what kind of life it can provide for her than for just the fame itself.)

If the show ever ends (which remains a pretty big if, I know), Jer's actual fame will be over.  (I have a hard time seeing him and Jingle getting their own show, as many speculate. TLC has trouble filling 20 minutes with new material when they have access to this whole extended family, so I think they'd hesitate to set themselves the task of filling a whole show with just two of them, even with Felicity's help.... And I think his cameo.com account shows pretty clearly that he doesn't have much personal fame, even with the show, but simply reflected glory from Jingle and the Duggar circus -- hardly anybody seems to ask him for a message.)

When a fame-craving person loses access to the thing that gave them their fame, it's interesting to me to see what they do next. I don't think there are many fame-cravers who give up the spotlight without a fight .... 

I think you are on to something here.  I see Jeremy as a sycophant who is more than happy to ride the coattails of a more famous person.  Jeremy is also a lazy beta poseur who does not want to do any work to get his 15 minutes of fame.  

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Poor Felicity has no pants on. 

She doesn't. Though I have to say that, based on my experience with kids that age, they may have tried to wrestle her into pants but failed.....and gave up after a certain number of bruises and near-miss black eyes.....😁

On the other hand, it may have been so warm when they took that photo that they're the ones who are unsuitably dressed -- but they had to wear long pants and jackets to go with the "fall" theme of the post. Professional models don't have the luxury of dressing for the weather!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

She doesn't. Though I have to say that, based on my experience with kids that age, they may have tried to wrestle her into pants but failed.....and gave up after a certain number of bruises and near-miss black eyes.....😁

On the other hand, it may have been so warm when they took that photo that they're the ones who are unsuitably dressed -- but they had to wear long pants and jackets to go with the "fall" theme of the post. Professional models don't have the luxury of dressing for the weather!

Or she could just " run hot" and be comfortable in what she has on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Here’s the thing though - if these people (less JerJin and more of the older fundies) really don’t want to associate with the un-Godly, then how are they so knowledgeable about Kanye?  They know ALL about Ye and his past, so they’ve must have been um..um...keeping up.  Wow I did not mean to use that pun omg.  But the point still stands that they’re all hypocrites. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, true. Some little kids, especially, are walking furnaces. 

That is true- my oldest son who is now almost 52 - always ran hot. Still does.  When he was in kindergarten the teacher told me he wouldn't wear a coat at recess in winter.  Please take him to the doctor.  the pediatrician said "well, I will run blood work just to be sure, but, I think that's the way he is".  Sure enough, all blood work normal.  Note from doctor - please let this child go without a coat.  If he is cold he will look for coat.  Honestly this is how it went.  He is till a furnace.  Radiates heat.  Maybe that is the situation with Felicity.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

What's up with the pasted-on fake-looking smiles? ...

Oh, yeah, Jana and the Vuolos have spent the past year-plus practicing to be influencers. So acting naturally and smiling naturally on camera have gradually become lost arts to them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What's up with all the pasted-on fake-looking smiles? ...

Oh, yeah, Jana and the Vuolos have spent the past year-plus practicing to be influencers. So acting naturally and smiling naturally on camera have gradually become lost arts to them. 

Gag me. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

You know it actually makes me  sad that the Duggar sisters' relationships seem to have very little actual warmth. So much so that the way they sell their "brand" and show warmth is by a posed professional shot where there's no eye contact and Jinger seems to be looking in a completely different direction than Jana. If this was Hollywood one would think they "green screened" the picture together. Shades of Julianna Marguiles and Archie Panjabi's "last scene" together. 

I don't know if its the fact that the girls minus Jana have their own headships now, or if the Duggars just weren't a very warm family. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

You know it actually makes me  sad that the Duggar sisters' relationships seem to have very little actual warmth. So much so that the way they sell their "brand" and show warmth is by a posed professional shot where there's no eye contact and Jinger seems to be looking in a completely different direction than Jana. If this was Hollywood one would think they "green screened" the picture together. Shades of Julianna Marguiles and Archie Panjabi's "last scene" together. 

I don't know if its the fact that the girls minus Jana have their own headships now, or if the Duggars just weren't a very warm family. 

-Competition for resources and parental time as 1 of 19. 

-The J'Slaves were running the household after Meech had her laundry room breakdown. 

-None seemed to have any actual hobbies or interests as kids so nothing to really bond over.

-Jill was clearly closer to her buddy team than the other J'Slaves. Jinger and Jessa now seem to have been superficial besties until Bin came along. 

-They emphasize that your husband/wife you've known all of 2 weeks is your bestest best friend ever. 

The entire environment wouldn't foster warmth. I mean. If Jana is saddled with another baby/toddler and having to co-sleep, she can't really be gossiping and chatting in the girls' room at night with the others. Plus there was no privacy for the other three to "bond" anyway when the littles were sleeping. 

That being said, minus Smuggar, the brothers seem to be close to each other. It is a very strange dynamic. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's up with the weeks old picture dumps?

Trying to divert suspicions of the upcoming pregnancy announcement?

Or trying to rebuild likability by showing Jinger posed with the other most beloved member of the family?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Is that even Jinger???  Bleached blonde hair.  Blue fingernails and tight jeans?

I'm shocked.  She isn't the young, innocent girl Jeremy chose for a wife!

Is the change good or bad?  I'm seeing lots of warning signals!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I remember when Jana's hair was the lightest of the four older girls and Jinger's hair was the darkest. Now it's flip-flopped. 

Although this may picture may or may not have been taken recently, I have to wonder if Jana is STILL in LA. Part of this feels like when Suze went to stay with the Smuggars early in their marriage, just before she went full-on rebellion.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I truly wonder what Jana is thinking of Jinger in ther outfit. I like her button up jeans very much. Jana should either be green with envy that Jinger can actually wear nice clothing and Jana is stuck in skirts OR she's horrified at her heathen sister.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Felicity isn’t wearing anything on her head.  Maybe she finally rips everything off her head.

I’m beginning to see more and more photos that hint that Prop just might be over being photographed and rightly so. 

Go, girl. Tell Datty where to stick his pocket square. I have high hopes that you will join Sam in leading the Duggar Resistance. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

“Than I,” RFP. If you want to hang with the pretentious, you’re going to have to up your game.

(Note how Prop is carefully positioned not to block the glorious view of The RFP’s Fashion Ensemble Du Jour. Most parents would have their other arm up in case she falls that way, but mustn’t obscure the outfit. 🙄)

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I know that all of the kids thought Jill was a snitch and really didn’t seem to like her (which is why she was usually with her “buddies” - which also gives insight to her immaturity). The older girls were also made that Jill took the “best “clothes from the community closet when she got married.  I think this actually caused bonding between the remaining older girls. 
I think Jessa and Jinger are still close, but not on camera. 

Oops! Mad! The older girls were mad!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

That being said, minus Smuggar, the brothers seem to be close to each other. It is a very strange dynamic. 

The boys weren't parenting their younger siblings like their sisters. Plus, they were allowed to play cowboys and Indians, build forts, and hang around the playroom that's attached to their bedroom while the girls were busy taking care of babies and toddlers, cleaning house, doing laundry, and cooking meals.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

You know it actually makes me  sad that the Duggar sisters' relationships seem to have very little actual warmth. So much so that the way they sell their "brand" and show warmth is by a posed professional shot where there's no eye contact and Jinger seems to be looking in a completely different direction than Jana.

The picture that the boys posted for Joy’s birthday showed way more genuine warmth than this one. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

The boys weren't parenting their younger siblings like their sisters. Plus, they were allowed to play cowboys and Indians, build forts, and hang around the playroom that's attached to their bedroom while the girls were busy taking care of babies and toddlers, cleaning house, doing laundry, and cooking meals.

Weren't the older boys helping out as well until Josh and his "curiosity"? (Gag) I may be misremembering but I thought Josh had a buddy in the earlier specials. 

It's strange because I don't see the friendship dynamic between the Lost Girls that you do with the Balding Boy Band. It isn't like any of them are being tasked with what the J'Slaves had to go through either. Granted we don't see much of them so we can't say for sure. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jana should either be green with envy that Jinger can actually wear nice clothing and Jana is stuck in skirts OR she's horrified at her heathen sister.

I suspect she is feeling both. 

• Love 11
On 10/31/2019 at 9:51 PM, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy is too chunky to pull off skinny jeans. His thighs are too thick. I’m not fat shaming. 

I’d guess it’s from playing soccer. I went to school with a guy, kindergarten till we graduated, and he played soccer our whole lives. He had thighs like tree trunks. The rest of him was fit, but the thighs were thick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3