Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Hey hold our prop strange people! All for $$$. 

"You hold Felicity and we'll hold our Flax shopping bags......with freebies in 'em." 

Hey, it's a career choice. Takes a lot of ads to furnish your house, dress yourselves and feed the family. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Felicity looks unsatisfied being held because her legs are so long. 🤣 There was one leaning "action picture" a couple months back showing adorably adult leg definition (sorry, this sounds creepy no matter how I write it - I've tried 3x!); to the point where I instantly thought "I certainly hope Jeremy wants her to be athletic, because I feel pretty sure those are "soccer player legs" to anyone with eyes."  (I love the incongruity when you catch glimpses of what the kid will be like as an adult; or vice-versa.)

ETA:  Not familiar with Habit personally, but I think Jeremy is probably showing off a "patty melt", which is one of those things which is a Big Deal to burger enthusiasts.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4

I've tried Habit Burgers.  They are fine- better than McDonald's to be sure, but not exactly rave-worthy either.

Of course, I am not a gourmand like Jeremy, so I may have missed the subtle details that separate Habit burgers from all the rest. 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'll pretty much eat all cheeseburgers except for McDonalds (I object to the lack of their moistness and general over-doneness - Mickey D's in at least NYC are far more interested in cooking them to dry gray pucks; but I'm perfectly satisfied with, say, Wendy's).  But if you're a burger enthusiast (or maybe just someone looking for "something different" in your burger, lol), you indeed seem more interested in finding out the fine variations in breads (Texas toast, English muffin, sourdough, challah, pretzel, etc., etc.); toppings (fried/soft boiled egg, anyone?  Swiss v. Muenster?  I'm sure I could go on); but really, for me anything with (soft, melted) cheese and beef is a home run.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I'll pretty much eat all cheeseburgers except for McDonalds (I object to the lack of their moistness and general over-doneness - Mickey D's in at least NYC are far more interested in cooking them to dry gray pucks; but I'm perfectly satisfied with, say, Wendy's).  But if you're a burger enthusiast (or maybe just someone looking for "something different" in your burger, lol), you indeed seem more interested in finding out the fine variations in breads (Texas toast, English muffin, sourdough, challah, pretzel, etc., etc.); toppings (fried/soft boiled egg, anyone?  Swiss v. Muenster?  I'm sure I could go on); but really, for me anything with (soft, melted) cheese and beef is a home run.

I'm totally a burger enthusiast, and hate an overdone burger (there has to be a hint of pink, and preferably medium-rare), but on the other hand, McDonald's burgers are a total comfort food to me. I probably don't have but one every year or two (or three), and recognize that they are total crap and not even in the same food category as a bona-fide burger, but I can't help it. I just love them! LOL. And the fries. Add in a diet coke, even though I never drink diet anything anymore and it's heaven LOL. Actually, come to think of it, the only time I drink soda is when I have a McDonald's burger as well. Seltzer with a bit of cranberry or OJ, yes, but not soda.

Taking this to the prayer closet, because it's starting to veer off...

• Love 1

Jinger's restaurant lounging days are soon to be over, now that Felicity is walking. And good. I think it is selfish to drag your kid around to restaurant after restaurant...I know people have to live, but these things cannot be that fun or engaging for Felicity.

My 16 mo old will tolerate sitting in a stroller at the mall for about an hour. So I subject her to about one hour of boring adult time for me ( mall walking, running errands like grocery shopping ect) usually 3x a week. 

She's been to a restaurant ONCE in her life and it was fine but certainly NOT enjoyable for me haha so when I want to go out I leave her at home with Dad/Grandma. 

I hope Jinger starts planning some kid friendly outings soon. Libraries, baby cafes ( they HAVE to have them in LA, we have them here in Chicago suburbs - little play areas for kids but also has coffee and grown up food ). Best of both worlds for Jinger because S H E L O V E S C O F F E E

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Jinger's restaurant lounging days are soon to be over, now that Felicity is walking. And good. I think it is selfish to drag your kid around to restaurant after restaurant...I know people have to live, but these things cannot be that fun or engaging for Felicity.

My 16 mo old will tolerate sitting in a stroller at the mall for about an hour. So I subject her to about one hour of boring adult time for me ( mall walking, running errands like grocery shopping ect) usually 3x a week. 

She's been to a restaurant ONCE in her life and it was fine but certainly NOT enjoyable for me haha so when I want to go out I leave her at home with Dad/Grandma. 

I hope Jinger starts planning some kid friendly outings soon. Libraries, baby cafes ( they HAVE to have them in LA, we have them here in Chicago suburbs - little play areas for kids but also has coffee and grown up food ). Best of both worlds for Jinger because S H E L O V E S C O F F E E

We took my son to restaurants all the time. He was well behaved for the most part and learned how to behave whether it was McDonald's or a "fancy" restaurant. 

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

PEEVE alert!  IF your hair is that dark and you go blonde, you must keep it up.  Her roots are making me stabby.

I'm guessing Jingle's lifetime hair experience (both her own and what she's observed of acquaintances and family) has left her sort of vaguely thinking that you don't have to do anything special for hair unless you want to make some sort of a change.

The idea of dyes or cuts that require upkeep just to stay decent (i.e., all dyes and most cuts) isn't in the Duggar ken, probably .... Maybe she'll figure it out after a while?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

I look at pictures of Jinger with her friend and wonder what they talk about. So many of my discussions with friends revolve around current events, our careers and everyday life in general. For me, when the topic turns to current movies, I listen with interest, but don't often contribute because I'm not a movie goer.

Does Jinger spend the majority of her life smiling and nodding?

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking this when they were on the Hollywood walk of fame.  Everyone in the group was talking about the names on the stars & she was just nodding.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I look at pictures of Jinger with her friend and wonder what they talk about. So many of my discussions with friends revolve around current events, our careers and everyday life in general. For me, when the topic turns to current movies, I listen with interest, but don't often contribute because I'm not a movie goer.

I wondered the same thing, GeeGolly.  I’m sure I would be bored to tears.

• Love 7

That jacket is tailored but the fabric is casual, so maybe cotton/denim doesn't get a pocket square. Jeremy must have all the rules by now. Somebody should have noticed the curled lapel, however. 

Does he take classes at school and study, or do we know? This modeling stuff looks like a lot of fussy work. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Apparently Jeremy has declared his Godly self an influencer, ad nauseam.  Jin is expected to follow suit, smile and nod.  Poor little FeliciTEE is just along for the ride.  Pretentiousness must be in style these days.  

I see mega church dreams for Jer. We'll see how that works out for someone with good suits but no charisma. The human props are to make up for his boring factor. 

• Love 14

I've been thinking that getting married for Jeremy wasn't just about finding a girl that he would like to spend the rest of his life with, but more about having the right image as a pastor.  I'm guessing that a married family man is a better look for a pastor than a single 30 year old dude. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

PEEVE alert!  IF your hair is that dark and you go blonde, you must keep it up.  Her roots are making me stabby.

Me too. Either maintain the blonde or go back to brunette. The weird way she parts her hair and the dark splotch of roots is a really bad combo. Unfortunate, because she looks great otherwise. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is that photo really him? That guy’s neck looks longer...

Or the RFP has learned Photoshop.

Or he's now such a successful "influencer" he can afford to hire models....Maybe Beckett from the third row.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I've been thinking that getting married for Jeremy wasn't just about finding a girl that he would like to spend the rest of his life with, but more about having the right image as a pastor.  I'm guessing that a married family man is a better look for a pastor than a single 30 year old dude. 

Some men can pull that off and be the Protestant equivalent of Father Whatawaste.   Jeremy is not one of them.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Yeah, apparently Kanye released a gospel album called Jesus is King. Wonder if he has listened to his previous albums. There is a song where he sings about Kimmy going down on him. 

At a watch store? What freebie did he get out of them?

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 13
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Christ on a cracker, do these people do anything besides go out to eat and shop? 

Are ALL these places so hard up for customers that they’re willing to hand out freebies to the Laredo Latelys?  Surely in Los Angeles they could have their pick of low-rent influencers?

SMDH.

P.S. Is that an Apple watch Mrs. FP is wearing?

• Love 13

It is an 🍎 watch, but Jinger has had it for quite a long time. IIRC shortly after they married. I could also be dead wrong, but it’s not a new thing. Unless she has upgraded to the series 4. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Yeah, apparently Kanye released a gospel album called Jesus is King. Wonder if he has listened to his previous albums. There is a song where he sings about Kimmy going down on him. 

At a watch store? What freebie did he get out of them?

Hold on now. How on earth was he able to take and post a photo showing Jinger using her own phone when he has told us that he doesn’t actually have any social media apps on HIS phone? 😂🤔 (And yes I realize that he in theory he could have had Jinger post the photo later but I doubt that is what happened - dude is just a liar) 

• LOL 11
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Hold on now. How on earth was he able to take and post a photo showing Jinger using her own phone when he has told us that he doesn’t actually have any social media apps on HIS phone? 😂🤔 (And yes I realize that he in theory he could have had Jinger post the photo later but I doubt that is what happened - dude is just a liar) 

Yes, but he's lying to help Jesus save our marriages. 

So it's all good. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6