Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So by Jinger’s blazer apparently she started working for Century 21?

(In 1996, if the cut of that jacket is anything to go by...)

LOL! It's the same infamous mustard color, except in blazer form!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I'm not sure her only choice in Arkansas was backwoods slob,  but she certainly is living what looks to be a much happier life than her sisters. I'd say all her siblings, but I think John David and Joe are both pretty happy with their lives. Joy seems pretty happy, but let's see how happy she is with a few more kids. Jinger does seem like the only one who is open to change, who won't have a billion kids (although I'm sadly thinking Jill can't physically have any more), who will actually encourage her kids to socialize, have interests, and get an education. More than just being happy, Jinger seems to actually enjoy her life.  IMO, there's a difference between being happy with what you have and actually enjoying your life. Jinger seems to do both. And she somehow has managed to get the big city life she wanted. Sure she probably was hoping for a city where she might not have been on a first name basis with the whole population, but she's apparently an overachiever! 

I hope to god Jill can’t have any more kids because she doesn’t like the ones she has. Unfortunately I’m pretty sure that’s wishful thinking. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Maybe Books is a closet Kanye fan and he can finally be open about it. 

He's just thinking of a way to get all the attention on him. 

He doesn't give a rats ass about Kanye. He wants the publicity he will get for saying he does and attending.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 18

Caitlyn Jenner and Jeremy meeting up would be interesting. Caitlyn is very conservative, was athletic and is the epitome of privileged. She and Jeremy share many characteristics. 

He'd have to move past the fact that Caitlyn was born Bruce though.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9

I posted this response to a post in the Seewalds thread, but it really belongs here: 

"The way that JereME announced that some graduate from The Master's Seminary, who pastors the church that Kanye is now attending - sounds like an attempt on JereMe's part to get that pastor's attention in hopes of working with him - and Kanye of course. 

Jerm probably thinks that he and Kanye have something important in common - their wives are both reality TV stars."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Y’all I am LIVING right now

We have Jeremy citing KANYE as some sort of inspiration 

Jinger is in a power suit 

Irrelevant as they are, I wouldn’t put it past their people to be able to hook them up with Kanye, and for some sort of team thing to happen

Just imagine, Jim Bob checking in on them and immediately being greeted by Kim’s big ass 

Kanye cussing them out in an effort to bond, because that’s how he talks

oh I hope they meet Caitlyn.  I fucking hate Caitlyn and the Vuolos, just put them all in a ring and see who comes out victorious.

Which would probably be Taylor Swift.

okay I’m going to sleep this is all too weird 

Yeah, just the copious amount of “mothereffers” coming out of Kanye’s mouth should shock them 😆

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is so full of shit. The Kardashians are the most soulless, immoral family in the continental United States. There is nothing about Kim or Kanye that embodies Christian values. As you all have noted, this "church" is 50% the brainchild of Kanye's mental illness and 50% money grab. 

So is Scientology! Ron Hubbard was crazy and created Scientology for $$$. 

• Love 19

I listened for less than a minute. He has a monotone voice, he's boring and says um top many times, plus his beard is trimmed differently on each side of his mouth. 

Didn't he take any basic speech classes? Practice, practice, practice before speaking. It won't help with your voice, subject, or beard, but it will help cut down on the number of times you say um.

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

According to my link, he went on for 17 minutes! I caught it I the middle of the live broadcast, and could only stand about a minute as well. He was doing biblical backup, and didn't even know the gospel he was quoting (changed from Mark to Luke, IIRC). D'oh!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

One of the graduates of the seminary is Yeezy's mentor now and MacArthur hasn't denounced him. So he's obviously more than ok with Books heading to Kanye's services. 

I think maybe MacArthur is behind Jeremy's sudden interest in Kanye. I mean Kanye would bring a lot of attention and focus to their church so it could grow and become more powerful. And having Kanye as a member would help fight off those pesky racism claims.  And it's not like Kanye is a woman

And so MacArthur sent Jeremy and Jinger to boost Kanye's credibility and bring his conservative religious star power to the event.

Jeremy's support of Kanye is getting a lot of pushback from the Duggar fanbase as far as I can tell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'll just say that I'm enjoying the hell out of Jinger's Big New Life.  There's so much that's happened since her marriage that nobody could have predicted.   

None of her siblings will EVER experience many of the things she's doing, places she's going, people she's meeting.  Her bubble is GONE and you can see how much she's into the freedom.  She & Jerm are digging the here & now, no matter what's coming up. 

No, I don't share their religion or their politics, but they are so obviously the Alpha couple in the marrieds, I look forward to seeing what they do next.  All the others bore me silly. 

And I honestly don't think they give a happy rat's ass about Dugger fan reaction.  Jing is a Vuolo now.  Period. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I think maybe MacArthur is behind Jeremy's sudden interest in Kanye. I mean Kanye would bring a lot of attention and focus to their church so it could grow and become more powerful. And having Kanye as a member would help fight off those pesky racism claims.  And it's not like Kanye is a woman

And so MacArthur sent Jeremy and Jinger to boost Kanye's credibility and bring his conservative religious star power to the event.

Jeremy's support of Kanye is getting a lot of pushback from the Duggar fanbase as far as I can tell. 

The push back is why Jeremy posted that 17 minute defense of Kanye. I wonder if Jeremy knows that Kanye is bipolar and not talking meds?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder why Jeremy felt so compelled to offer an explanation. Folks question a lot of the shit they do. Why is Jer so worried about this particular issue?

He didn't even wait a day. MacArthur? JB? Free food?

Michelle's at home saying, "This is what happens when you live in a big city and wear pants".

I think the pushback has been bigger for this than anything else they've done before. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The push back is why Jeremy posted that 17 minute defense of Kanye. I wonder if Jeremy knows that Kanye is bipolar and not talking meds?

As long as Ye is preaching the "correct" gospel,  Jeremy won't care.  Kanye doesn't need meds, he has Jesus.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Lunera said:

Totally forgot Kanye was on a psych hold a few years ago. Since then he's been acting up.

Jeremy is just following Kanye because he's popular and a Christian now, supposedly. 

He's on live right now explaining why he supports Kanye. Apparently he got tons of backlash. 

What are they saying in response to his videos? (That no one ever asked for!). I can’t bring myself to watch or read about his hubris. I did ask if he was a fan of Kanye’s previous work as well. 

10 hours ago, Normades said:

How long until Jinger gets butt implants?

I’m sure it’s in the works!  Y’all were right about the blonde hair, butt implants can’t be far behind!  (Pun intended!)

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The push back is why Jeremy posted that 17 minute defense of Kanye. I wonder if Jeremy knows that Kanye is bipolar and not? talking meds?

Someone I care about has schizoaffective disorder, and he normally functions really well with his medication, but when he slips, he becomes obsessed with religion. That's often seen with mental illness that can include psychosis and I do wonder if that's what's going on with Kanye. 

Jeremy is full of surprises! Boob has to be livid. He already doesn't like Ben's Calvinism and Christian rap ties, and I saw credible reports that Boob was furious that Ben supported Black Lives Matter (Go, Ben!) I'm guessing Boob is really regretting allowing courtships to non-Gothard men after seeing what's happened with his three oldest married daughters. That's why JoyAnna was paired with Austin.

• Useful 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, louannems said:

The first close-up picture of Kanye looks surprisingly similar to Jeremy!  I swear I've seen Jeremy make that exact same face!

Bahahahaha I have too! It's meant to be! Look out Punchable Uncle Cade. Jeremy's brewing a new bromance.  

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, becca3891 said:

Someone I care about has schizoaffective disorder, and he normally functions really well with his medication, but when he slips, he becomes obsessed with religion. That's often seen with mental illness that can include psychosis and I do wonder if that's what's going on with Kanye. 

Jeremy is full of surprises! Boob has to be livid. He already doesn't like Ben's Calvinism and Christian rap ties, and I saw credible reports that Boob was furious that Ben supported Black Lives Matter (Go, Ben!) I'm guessing Boob is really regretting allowing courtships to non-Gothard men after seeing what's happened with his three oldest married daughters. That's why JoyAnna was paired with Austin.

Austin was chosen, because he's the dream. He's from an IBLP family and he can support Joy from his house-flipping, the camp, etc.  If JB could find more guys like that, he would. But most homeschooled fundie boys aren't great at making money. Jeremy and Derick have better educations to fall back on. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9