Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I was just thinking that it was nice that the Vuolos were able to visit for a few days and there weren't a dozen miscellaneous Duggars wandering around. But, of course, a couple of miscellaneous Duggars just happened to show up . . . 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Yup.. I can't remember what her middle name is right off the top of my head right now. Someone here does, I'm sure. 

Felicity Nicole. Nicole is Jinger's middle name.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have a pair of photos of my granddaughter breaking out of her swaddle - the first one, happy because she got her legs out, the second, breaking free, hands in the air, seemingly roaring with an attitude which more than one person said had the theme from Rocky playing in their heads. Priceless! I captioned it, on Facebook, "Remy will not be contained. RAWR!". 

37610803_10100859671383876_7096498760087240704_n.jpg

37400859_10100859671393856_6748438849552121856_n.jpg

Love these pics!

This is now my favorite thread--love the photos of Felicity...and now Remy!

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have a pair of photos of my granddaughter breaking out of her swaddle - the first one, happy because she got her legs out, the second, breaking free, hands in the air, seemingly roaring with an attitude which more than one person said had the theme from Rocky playing in their heads. Priceless! I captioned it, on Facebook, "Remy will not be contained. RAWR!". 

stinkin' adorable. love that name...remy. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Jynnan, your granddaughter is adorable and I can't believe how big she's gotten! I could've sworn it was just yesterday that you told us your daughter gave birth.

Thanks! Those photos are actually a couple of months old. She was not quite four months old when they were taken (July). Now she's just shy of six months and almost crawling...time flies! 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Omg your grand baby is so cute!!!

5 hours ago, Lunera said:

wonder what Jinger and her SIL talk about.

Pants, & how sinfully low SIL’s top is cut, is my guess. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She is adorable!

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Cuuuuuutie!

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oh my god she's adorable!

When my son was that size, I used to call him breaking from the swaddle "baby hulking"-he would get very serious looking, grunt, and then BOOM he was free. 

Sort-of on topic: if Jeremy called it hulking for Felicity, would Jinger get the joke?

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Probably because the Vuolo grandparents were so thrilled to be holding their granddaughter. She's the only one for them, but for James and Jed, Lissy is just another baby in a long line of past babies and future babies.

And she's a granddaughter FINALLY presented by their youngest kid who's already passed his 30th birthday. Before this, they may have been steeling themselves to the possibility having no grandkids at all. That'd put you over the moon over this one, for sure. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And she's a granddaughter FINALLY presented by their youngest kid who's already passed his 30th birthday. Before this, they may have been steeling themselves to the possibility having no grandkids at all. That'd put you over the moon over this one, for sure. 

Jeremy's siblings are also enjoying being First time aunt and uncle. They don't seem in a hurry to have children, too busy traveling and working. I wondered what Valerie and Jinger would talk about because they seem like complete opposites. I found her Instagram and she seems like a pretty cool lady. I hope she has some influence on Lissy in the future.  

• Love 10

Hahaha that is my parents. Working on it. ?

Apparently Jinger has been at the Laredo outlets all day today with some howlers. What a nice, normal thing to do for these guys in their late teens! They all have Old Navy bags. I can't imagine being that age and never getting to go on a normal shopping trip like that. My family used to do those things all the time, and I'm glad they're getting a slice of normalcy!

• Love 14
On 9/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, Mollie said:

These are the kids Michelle says passed the GED test:  Josh, John David, Jill, and Jinger.

This is absolutely shocking to me. I wouldn't have guessed Jill's intellectual abilities to have surpassed junior high school level.

• Love 8

Every Duggar member always hold babies facing the camera.  They never cuddle or hold the baby on their shoulder since the audience would not see the baby's face.   Jana has perfected the art of swiping up an infant and deftly turning it outward, towards the camera.  It's from all their years on teeeveee.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, louannems said:

Every Duggar member always hold babies facing the camera.  They never cuddle or hold the baby on their shoulder since the audience would not see the baby's face.   Jana has perfected the art of swiping up an infant and deftly turning it outward, towards the camera.  It's from all their years on teeeveee.

I’ve never been on TV, but I almost always hold babies facing outwards. They usually like to look around and see what’s going on around them. Now, always nursing under the cover? That makes me stabby- this is a great time to bond with your baby. 

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

I’ve never been on TV, but I almost always hold babies facing outwards. They usually like to look around and see what’s going on around them. Now, always nursing under the cover? That makes me stabby- this is a great time to bond with your baby. 

For undead MOTY MeChelle, this is what a mirror and imminent sunrise are to a vampire, however. 

• Love 11

Idk that I would want to expose the boob with TV cameras around...hopefully they don't use the cover in the privacy of their own homes with no cameras. I'm not even uncomfortable baring it all around people after years of changing backstage at dance, but I think I would cover up too with a camera crew. 

• Love 4
On 9/25/2018 at 4:30 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

@Jynnan tonnix I looked at those pics and thought Felicity got awfully cute all of a sudden, then I realized it was your adorable granddaughter. She’s so adorably juicy!

• Love 14

My toddler twins love looking at the pics of Lissy.  They think she's precious. Cutie pie they call her. She really is adorable. And seems to be loved by daddy. A daddy's girl. She's got Jeremy wrapped around her little finger. I hope she doesn't wind up being told she's only good for having babies and being a helpmeet or whatever. Maybe Jeremy can keep her from being "Duggar-d" too much. We can hope. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

@Jynnan tonnix I looked at those pics and thought Felicity got awfully cute all of a sudden, then I realized it was your adorable granddaughter. She’s so adorably juicy!

I imagine her roaring, "Success!!" 

Felicity looks like she's holding her breath in her picture, lol.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Portia said:

I did a fair amount of public nursing back in the day, and I'm here to tell you, there's an easily attainable middle ground between burying the baby under a massive modesty shield and flopping your titties around for all to see. Toss a thin baby blanket over your shoulder and the baby, reach under your top and unsnap the flap on the nursing bra, pull out the breast, get the baby latched on, then remove the blanket. If strangers were in close quarters i might still position the blanket to block the view, but often I'd remove it altogether and just pull my shirt down to the nipple. I had three thirsty kids, and over the years I got I got zero ugly comments, a negligible number of stinkeyes, a lot of smiles, and mostly a whole lotta nothing...because generally no one noticed what i was doing,, even in a crowded mall or restaurant. 

Also done a lot of public breastfeeding.. all without any cover and all without exposing the greater public to my overworked boobs 

I was fortunate to not get any negativity from breastfeeding in public

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Portia said:

I did a fair amount of public nursing back in the day, and I'm here to tell you, there's an easily attainable middle ground between burying the baby under a massive modesty shield and flopping your titties around for all to see. Toss a thin baby blanket over your shoulder and the baby, reach under your top and unsnap the flap on the nursing bra, pull out the breast, get the baby latched on, then remove the blanket. If strangers were in close quarters i might still position the blanket to block the view, but often I'd remove it altogether and just pull my shirt down to the nipple. I had three thirsty kids, and over the years I got I got zero ugly comments, a negligible number of stinkeyes, a lot of smiles, and mostly a whole lotta nothing...because generally no one noticed what i was doing,, even in a crowded mall or restaurant. 

I can see a first time mom, just getting the hang of it, being self conscious with nursing publicly.  It does require some manual dexterity to get it all together.  However, Mechelle spent the majority of her young adult years nursing babies; by the time the show premiered, she'd spent about 6 years of her life breastfeeding (presuming 6 months apiece and two sets of twins).  There is no way she needed that stupid 'breast friend' except to call attention to herself for her modesty and her devotion to nursing her latest spawn.  Totally done for the attention it brought, like virtually everything else they do.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Jeremy -- unlike Der, for example, just to show you how extreme Jer's choice is -- chose very deliberately to attend a seminary where women aren't allowed through the door because they're not considered acceptable as preachers. I.e., women's utility in this world is sharply limited, and Jesus tells us so. (Der didn't go to seminary, of course. However, the spreading-our-religion course he attended does accept both male and female missionaries/ministers/church workers on exactly the same terms as each other, as do more and more others. So Jer had MANY other options besides the patriarchy-passionate one he chose.)

He's exactly like the Duggars in that respect, even though his appearance seems to lead people to think the contrary.   

And here's what his seminary does with their students' wives. They stick them in this program --" The Seminary Wives Discipleship program unites the wives of our students with the wives of TMS faculty, and of Grace Community Church pastors and elders." And here's what they "teach" them -- "Devotion to God, her husband, and family through study of the Word and profitable literature."  I.e, Bake cookies and shut up, sweetheart. (Oh, and read books that are "profitable" because they tell you how we want you to behave.)

Lissy doesn't have a father who champions women as equal members of the human race with him. He wants a little wifey, sans any actual power or autonomy, the same way JB does. ... We haven't yet seen anybody marry into the Duggars who's significantly different from the Duggars, as far as I can see, although many of them present a slightly different facade. 

Good point. Now mind you, I'm not a fan of Derick in any way, but I can totally see him supporting Jill if she wanted to do the same things he did. (I mean, she has tagged along with him to law school.) There have also been pictures of him in classes with many female law students. I do think that he envisioned that his missionary work as a married man would include Jill working with him side by side. He has also supported Jill in her quest to become a "pseudo" midwife.

In fact, I can see most of the male Duggars and Austin and Ben being supportive of their wives working for them or with them. Michelle worked with JB in real estate. I believe before Mackynzie was born, Anna was helping Josh at the car lot. Joy has helped Austin flip houses. Jessa did not seem to do much work-wise prior to kids, but I think that is due to Jessa rather than Ben. The issue for them is either 1) they work for another man or woman outside the home, and 2) they get a job that takes them away from their Godly duty of raising their kids. #2 in particular was not an issue for JinJer in the first year and a half of marriage, yet we didn't get much information about what Jinger was doing during that time, not even much Pastor's wife stuff.  

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There is no way she needed that stupid 'breast friend' except to call attention to herself for her modesty and her devotion to nursing her latest spawn. 

It was product placement.  Production gave it to her to wear in the show to make money for TLC.

• Love 3

Jeremy -- unlike Der, for example, just to show you how extreme Jer's choice is -- chose very deliberately to attend a seminary where women aren't allowed through the door because they're not considered acceptable as preachers. I.e., women's utility in this world is sharply limited, and Jesus tells us so. (Der didn't go to seminary, of course. However, the spreading-our-religion course he attended does accept both male and female missionaries/ministers/church workers on exactly the same terms as each other, as do more and more others. So Jer had MANY other options besides the patriarchy-passionate one he chose.)

He's exactly like the Duggars in that respect, even though his appearance seems to lead people to think the contrary.   

And here's what his seminary does with their students' wives. They stick them in this program --" The Seminary Wives Discipleship program unites the wives of our students with the wives of TMS faculty, and of Grace Community Church pastors and elders." And here's what they "teach" them -- "Devotion to God, her husband, and family through study of the Word and profitable literature."  I.e, Bake cookies and shut up, sweetheart. (Oh, and read books that are "profitable" because they tell you how we want you to behave.)

Lissy doesn't have a father who champions women as equal members of the human race with him. He wants a little wifey, sans any actual power or autonomy, the same way JB does. ... We haven't yet seen anybody marry into the Duggars who's significantly different from the Duggars, as far as I can see, although many of them present a slightly different facade. 

Well that sucks. I wasn't aware of most of that with Jeremy. At least Lissy seems to be loved. Which is more than I can say for Jilly and Derwood and JimBlob and Meechelle. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Well that sucks. I wasn't aware of most of that with Jeremy. At least Lissy seems to be loved. Which is more than I can say for Jilly and Derwood and JimBlob and Meechelle. 

Chicago? I am in Chicago ( well, west suburbs)!!!  I want to know what they are doing!!

I used to work a mile from the Gothard Headquarters and across the street from the closest Chick fil la to the headquarters- I would always be on the lookout for fundies but I never really saw any famous ones.

Anyone know what they are doing?

Also - I hope that Jinger wants more for her daughter and will not burden her with 10 siblings to raise. Every time a Duggar female has children I wonder if the bond and the intense love they will feel for their kids will change their mindset on Quiverfull/Patriarchy ect. Jinger can't possibly want Lissy to have the same life she had. I will be very curious to see how many children Jinger and Jessa wind up with. They appear  ( on SM at least ) to be enamored with their kids compared to Jill who doesn't seem to like Izzy or parenting very much. 

Joy and Jill are too complicit to try for anything else. If Jill only has two it is likely because of Derrick calling the shots or she is physically unable to. Same with Joy. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I agree. And of course it's always possible that having a daughter WILL change him. ....

I do hold out some hope for ALL the Duggar-adjacents, actually, as the years go on. They're like Duggars now. But most WERE raised at least somewhat differently and are slowly picking up some outside experiences, so once they're all off TeeVee, I don't think it's out of the question that some of them will change their ideas to some extent. After all, many people do.

Among the other men I know of with the patriarchy belief, some do seem to have budged over the years in response to having kids while many haven't, either. .... Maybe Lissy will have a strong enough personality to make a dent! Here's hoping .......... for all the next-gen Duggarlings.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Chicago? I am in Chicago ( well, west suburbs)!!!  I want to know what they are doing!!

I used to work a mile from the Gothard Headquarters and across the street from the closest Chick fil la to the headquarters- I would always be on the lookout for fundies but I never really saw any famous ones.

Anyone know what they are doing?

Could they be going to Moody Bible College?