Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 6/18/2019 at 3:23 PM, Lunera said:

These are the screenshots from the video. They are terrible quality but you can make out a J boy, Jeremy, Jinger, Jill and Derk behind her hanging on for dear life 

20190618_121928.jpg.f25730fa6696a6f465af06bd1c45d119.jpgScreenshot_20190618-105913_Instagram.jpg.fd53688fee42b530b78a49df00a4f998.jpg

There's speculation that this is Amy standing next to Jer and Jill. I can't really tell. There's speculation that they were singing hymn and Jinger is playing piano. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Okay, I am a little confused about what Jeremy and Jinger going to LA.. I know it is for school, but what happens after? I thought they were going back to Texas, but they sold the house. What happens when he is done? I guess they could move back and get another house. I hope they realize what they are in for in LA. The cost of living is so much more than Texas or Arkansas. That house would probably cost 2-3 times more in LA.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ScorpioSoul said:

Okay, I am a little confused about what Jeremy and Jinger going to LA.. I know it is for school, but what happens after? I thought they were going back to Texas, but they sold the house. What happens when he is done? I guess they could move back and get another house. I hope they realize what they are in for in LA. The cost of living is so much more than Texas or Arkansas. That house would probably cost 2-3 times more in LA.

Jeremy has delusions of grandeur.  I suspect he plans to become pastor of a mega church out in LA and probably become famous on TV. radio, the internet.  I don't think he ever planned to stay in Texas, he feels his talents deserve a much wider audience.  If you look at the preachers he seems to admire and wants to emulate; they're all quite wealthy.  His plan is to make millions as a multimedia sensation and  that will pay the bills nicely.

• Love 23
18 minutes ago, ScorpioSoul said:

I wonder where they will be living in LA?

They seem to have cultivated a network of well-off Fundie friends and mentors. They've "stayed with friends" in some very posh digs on their travels. I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there has a small but attractive guest cottage or rental unit that they'll let Jeremy and Jinger use, for free or for a very reduced rent.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Marigold said:

Wow

Jeremy is pimping! 

I seriously wonder if they’re getting their own show.  I don’t know how they’re going to afford to live there, otherwise.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m thinking j and j are getting their own show maybe 10 episodes or so. 

I am going to call them pickle, cucumber and the gherkin moving to California !

I think you’re right!  And I love what you’re calling them! 🥒

• Love 4
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Jeremy has delusions of grandeur.  I suspect he plans to become pastor of a mega church out in LA and probably become famous on TV. radio, the internet.  I don't think he ever planned to stay in Texas, he feels his talents deserve a much wider audience.  If you look at the preachers he seems to admire and wants to emulate; they're all quite wealthy.  His plan is to make millions as a multimedia sensation and  that will pay the bills nicely.

Joel Osteen 2.0?  Maybe that’s why Jinger was trying out the blond hair? (Joel’s wife is a blond)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Joel Osteen 2.0?  Maybe that’s why Jinger was trying out the blond hair? (Joel’s wife is a blond)

I’m sure she’d love to be like Victoria Osteen and get a private jet as a bday present. Her brother could become her personal pilot. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m thinking j and j are getting their own show maybe 10 episodes or so. 

I am going to call them pickle, cucumber and the gherkin moving to California !

I don’t think their getting their own show, counting on is soooooo boring Jeremy & Jinger going to LA will make it (slightly) more interesting. Although I’m sure Jeremy would jump at the chance to his own show.

• Love 5

Seriously, how do they possibly fill more than two episodes? 

Unless they go with the Rubes in the Big City shtick and I don’t see that exactly meshing with RFP’s self-image and even that’s not exactly compelling television.

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

What a lot of people don’t realize is that the celebrities who are pregnant in their mid and late forties are almost certainly using IVF with donor eggs. There’s nothing wrong with that, if that’s how you want to do your family, but I do think they’re doing women a disservice by implying that it’s super easy to conceive naturally at 46 or whatever. 

I honestly don’t buy into the idea that Jeremy is selfishly prohibiting Jinger from fulfilling her life purpose of having zillions of children. I never got the feeling Jinger particularly liked children — she seemed the most disengaged of the “sister moms” and even when her older siblings had kids she wasn’t constantly offering to babysit or grabbing them for photo ops. I have no doubt she loves Felicity, and I think she’s probably fine with having one or two more, but I think she’s 100% okay with having a normal-sized family. Besides, even raising two or three is going to keep her busy for the next 18+ years, so it’s not like she’s going to be an empty nester at thirty. 

I definitely agree that Jinger seems least into kids of all the girls, but peer pressure is a real thing! It can be hard to go against what everyone else is doing, even if it's making you happy. 

Also, Jinger may not want a million kids, but how would Jeremy have known that? When they courted, all of their conversations were monitored, and they had to say the "right" things. I could definitely see him thinking, "well, when we get married I'll get her to use birth control," and then getting lucky when he found out that Jinger was onboard. Or it's even possible that he picked up in subtle vibes that Jinger had reservations about having a big family. I just think it's unlikely that Jinger was able to say, "no, I just want 2-3 kids," during the courtship, unless maybe in a very sneaky way. "I have two siblings." "Ahhhh, that sounds really nice!" And Jeremy probably had to pretend to want lots of kids on the 50 page questionnaire!

But in either case, I hope they are both happy, and if Jinger faces pressure from her family down the line, I hope Jeremy will be there for her!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

When they courted, all of their conversations were monitored, and they had to say the "right" things. 

That was true of Jill and possibly part of Jessa's courtship, but by Jinger they were having private conversations.  Jessa even had unmonitored phone conversations IIRC.  In person they would have chaperones in the vicinity, but not right up on top of them.

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That was true of Jill and possibly part of Jessa's courtship, but by Jinger they were having private conversations.  Jessa even had unmonitored phone conversations IIRC.  In person they would have chaperones in the vicinity, but not right up on top of them.

Jeremy and Jinger exchanged private texts and probably had private phone/Skype conversations as well. Given how comfortable they seemed kissing at the wedding, I also suspect they went farther physically than hand-holding. I think Jim Bob and Michelle were super strict with Jill because she was the first daughter to court, but after her I think they were kind of over the whole 24/7 monitoring, especially with so many kids (Jinger, Joy, Si and Joe) courting in close succession.  I don’t think any of them would’ve had enough privacy to have sex or anything, but I do think the rules got quite a bit laxer.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

That bow looks really tight. 

It doesn’t even match what she’s wearing.  Take the thing off of her!  I don’t understand why people think a kid is always supposed to wear a bow on their head!  I’m over it, and I wish everyone else was too.  Now we’ll see Ivy always wearing one.  Although it could be worse.  They could be wearing those ridiculous fake pigtails that Michelle put on Josie and Anna put on Makenzie.  I wish I could torch that ugly thing!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I seriously wonder if they’re getting their own show.  I don’t know how they’re going to afford to live there, otherwise.

I totally think they are getting some episodes of only them. 

We don't know exactly how much an episode pays but if it's JUST the Vuolos, then all that money goes directly to them? 

So a three part episode would give them a nice chunk of money? 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It doesn’t even match what she’s wearing.  Take the thing off of her!  I don’t understand why people think a kid is always supposed to wear a bow on their head!  I’m over it, and I wish everyone else was too.  Now we’ll see Ivy always wearing one.  Although it could be worse.  They could be wearing those ridiculous fake pigtails that a sister-mom put on Josie and Anna put on Mackynzie.  I wish I could torch that ugly thing!

Fixed it for you. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It doesn’t even match what she’s wearing.  Take the thing off of her!  I don’t understand why people think a kid is always supposed to wear a bow on their head!  I’m over it, and I wish everyone else was too.  Now we’ll see Ivy always wearing one.  Although it could be worse.  They could be wearing those ridiculous fake pigtails that Michelle put on Josie and Anna put on Makenzie.  I wish I could torch that ugly thing!

Omg! Yes! I forgot about the fugly pigtails!! And I’ll admit my kid always had a bow in public when she was little I loved it!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Marigold said:

I totally think they are getting some episodes of only them. 

We don't know exactly how much an episode pays but if it's JUST the Vuolos, then all that money goes directly to them? 

So a three part episode would give them a nice chunk of money? 

I agree  remember when he who shall not be mentioned and Anna moved to Washington DC. We got to see the move,  Anna pushing the stroller and the above driving the bus to Chicago!

TV magic!!!!💔💔

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm guessing a large portion of the family will be 'helping' Jing & Jer move. Following along with a U-Haul or two. Decorating the new place and shedding tears in the drive-way before they leave.

I'm thinking this move is going to make Jinger even more homesick considering the distance. Hopefully she can make some real friends for once.

• Love 8

I don’t mind the bows. When my granddaughter was little my daughter in law had her in a bow all the time. They live south of Seattle and there was not a bow to be had- even at Nordstrom. Luckily for her I lived in the Deep South and we had a bow store!  I would bring lots of them with me. Granddaughter is 16 now, has a nicely shaped head, no damage, and hasn’t worn. Owe in a long time.  I still live in the south, different city, but here bows are very very popular. 

• Love 10
(edited)
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t mind bows (occasionally) but I guess because they take so many photos of Felicity they want her to look her best. Those fake pigtails were and still are the most disturbing thing I’ve ever seen, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone put that monstrosity on a baby’s head in my life.

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Jeremy and Jinger exchanged private texts and probably had private phone/Skype conversations as well. Given how comfortable they seemed kissing at the wedding, I also suspect they went farther physically than hand-holding. I think Jim Bob and Michelle were super strict with Jill because she was the first daughter to court, but after her I think they were kind of over the whole 24/7 monitoring, especially with so many kids (Jinger, Joy, Si and Joe) courting in close succession.  I don’t think any of them would’ve had enough privacy to have sex or anything, but I do think the rules got quite a bit laxer.

Yes, Jeremy and Jinger absolutely kissed before the wedding. That was plain as day. They were having private conversations via email/text and FaceTime during courtship, and given what we know of their “pre-courtship” stage (Jeremy going on the mission trip to get to know Jinger better) I’d put money on them kissing etc during that time. As quick as their courtship was (even by Duggar standards), it was a formality- Jinger had decided on him before they started courting. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, Jeremy and Jinger absolutely kissed before the wedding. That was plain as day. They were having private conversations via email/text and FaceTime during courtship, and given what we know of their “pre-courtship” stage (Jeremy going on the mission trip to get to know Jinger better) I’d put money on them kissing etc during that time. As quick as their courtship was (even by Duggar standards), it was a formality- Jinger had decided on him before they started courting. 

I'm guessing all the courtships were a formality. Once they got beyond the second hello these girls were fixing to marry. The 3 month (or year long for Jessa) courtships were just to make sure the guys weren't wife beaters or drinkers. IMO, anyways.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing all the courtships were a formality. Once they got beyond the second hello these girls were fixing to marry. The 3 month (or year long for Jessa) courtships were just to make sure the guys weren't wife beaters or drinkers. IMO, anyways.

🤣🤣

Marjorie really dodged a bullet. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing a large portion of the family will be 'helping' Jing & Jer move. Following along with a U-Haul or two. Decorating the new place and shedding tears in the drive-way before they leave.

I'm thinking this move is going to make Jinger even more homesick considering the distance. Hopefully she can make some real friends for once.

Yeah, I'm betting on the Duggars to get in on the move the California.  They'll put their spin on the new digs, maybe get an episode of them wandering around the area to get an idea of the den of sin precious Jinger is going to be living in.  Then act all sad about leaving, and it probably won't be just an act.  But don't worry, they'll soldier on.

As for if the move makes Jinger miss her family more, I'm not so sure.  She did quite well after moving to Texas doing the Skype thing and flying back whenever it pleased her, so we'll have to see if the increased distance makes a difference.

But if she makes a real friend for once, that's a whole other thing.  She may have friends we know nothing about because they don't want to be part of the Duggar experience.  Or she might not want any friends that don't meet with Jeremy's approval.

As much as we might find it interesting if she makes friends with a tattooed, pierced barista who's trying to break into show biz and has 'alternate' types of friends, I think that Jinger will stay at home with the baby and only socialize with Jeremy approved wives of his new buddies.  He might not even have to discourage her from branching out, she might just feel more comfortable following his lead on who to socialize with.  Jeremy and his ilk might be all the excitement she can handle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Seriously, how do they possibly fill more than two episodes? 

Unless they go with the Rubes in the Big City shtick and I don’t see that exactly meshing with RFP’s self-image and even that’s not exactly compelling television.

We had hour upon hour upon hour of Josh, Anna, their move and life in  DC, over an entire season.  It was excruciating, and the most fast-forward worthy footage imaginable.  

I think Jing & Jer are a lot more adventurous, have a much cuter kid, and actually know people in the area they're moving to. 

I see that their move makes sense, where the "Josh becomes a political guy" made ZERO sense, and was beyond stupid.  He flamed out spectacularly, and it was just the tip of the iceberg. 

• Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, leighdear said:

We had hour upon hour upon hour of Josh, Anna, their move and life in  DC, over an entire season.  It was excruciating, and the most fast-forward worthy footage imaginable.  

I think Jing & Jer are a lot more adventurous, have a much cuter kid, and actually know people in the area they're moving to. 

I see that their move makes sense, where the "Josh becomes a political guy" made ZERO sense, and was beyond stupid.  He flamed out spectacularly, and it was just the tip of the iceberg. 

Except, at the time, the money and the number of sponsors were much higher.  As were the ratings, which have flatlined just above cancellation.  Now, there are barely any reruns and the show is sponsored by other TLC shows.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jinge still with that hat. If she's really preggers she's going to have to wait a while to get her hair touched up. I bet she's regretting the blonde but it probably made for an interesting episode. 

They seem to have their own crew  I think they're getting a 'Moving to the Big City' special. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinge still with that hat. If she's really preggers she's going to have to wait a while to get her hair touched up. I bet she's regretting the blonde but it probably made for an interesting episode. 

They seem to have their own crew  I think they're getting a 'Moving to the Big City' special. 

I think our resident OB/GYN said that hair coloring isn't an issue anymore.  Am I remembering correctly?  I guess she would have to avoid fumes if there are any for heavy processing?  I use box color so unfamiliar with anything else.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I doubt their journey to LA will be as exciting as watching the 600 lbers checking into hotels!  Now that is high comedy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Everyone will want to visit them and go to Disneyland. (Voice of experience). 

Of course!   Because people that don’t live in CA assume it’s “right there”  🙄😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Everyone will want to visit them and go to Disneyland. (Voice of experience). 

A girl from twitter is coming to ny for a visit. And she asked if she can stay with me! I don’t even know who she is! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinge still with that hat. If she's really preggers she's going to have to wait a while to get her hair touched up

Based on that video, I'd say she's probably not. Or if she is she's not as far along as people thought when they saw the woman standing next to Jeremy in the grainy photo from Grandma Mary's funeral. (Seems more likely that the theory that that woman was Amy, I think.)

I do hope they wait for #2 but Felicity is such a cute, amiable baby.

• Love 6
On 6/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, Lunera said:

Wonder if their Cali move will be permanent after JerMe finishes his schooling. 

Admittedly this is BEC.  If she is going to live in California we do not call it Cali.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I doubt their journey to LA will be as exciting as watching the 600 lbers checking into hotels!  Now that is high comedy.

Yeah but who is going to scream OW MA LEG???!!!!

• LOL 14

Seems like she's been covering her hair a lot since the bleaching. Usually when someone has a new color they like they show it off & style their hair well. I wonder if she had some hair loss or breakage & the damage is obvious so she's hiding it AMAP.

• Love 7
On 6/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, farmgal4 said:

This!  Ugh, if I ever have a girl there won't be a headband or bow in sight.  Especially those oversized ridiculous ones that are almost bigger than the poor baby's head. 

If she doesn't have hair as a baby, she doesn't have hair.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think our resident OB/GYN said that hair coloring isn't an issue anymore.  Am I remembering correctly?  I guess she would have to avoid fumes if there are any for heavy processing?  I use box color so unfamiliar with anything else.

I think after the 1st trimester its fine.  I got my hair dyed about 6 weeks before I had my son.  The colorist said she used the most natural/organic dye that she had on me.  I didn't ask her to but obviously she say that I was heavily pregnant and took it upon herself to do that.

• Love 1