Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, awaken said:

Quote from the article:  "I've told Jer a couple times, 'I just don't want to be in the public eye! I just don't want to be there, I just don't want to be here, I don't want my kids to have people looking in on their lives and picking it apart,'" she shares.  

yet, they haven’t slowed down on being in the public eye, and are even showing glimpses of the kids again after a very brief break. Either he won’t let her stop (“it’s god’s will that we remain famewhores and I command it as headship”) or that’s total BS. 

I think it’s BS.  The old saying ‘he that protestith too much’ seems to fit Jinger right now!

• Love 18
55 minutes ago, awaken said:

Either he won’t let her stop (“it’s god’s will that we remain famewhores and I command it as headship”) or that’s total BS. 

I think it's BS. She's just as much on the fame train as Jeremy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I think it's BS. She's just as much on the fame train as Jeremy. 

And still using lots of nauseating Gothard-speak - walking through, season of life, sweet friends. Ugh!

• Love 13

It has to be tough on Jeremy to see all that his Tiny Tim friend and his million dollar wife have. 

I think Jeremy would do most anything to get some gold coins and right now it appears he’s going for Dugger Gold because he’s never going to be a Joel Olsteen!

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

From the article: 

"And I think going back to that whole trust thing, it's something that you want to make sure that this person has good intentions, it's not just like, 'Oh this guy wants to be on TV and here's his big break, I'm gonna go marry one of the Duggar daughters and that's my in.' That's the last thing you wanted." 

Yet that's exactly what she married. 

Lol, and Jill and Jessa. They all married guys who deliberately sought a Duggar connection. 

• Love 21
Just now, SMama said:

"There were a lot of guys who came around, sometimes they would come visit the family or visit our church — that was a good in for some guys. They thought, 'Oh, if I come to your church, that's my in,'" she said. 

Well, it worked for Ben. 

Yeah, that crossed my mind as I read the article. 😁

• Love 11
(edited)

J & J are going to be faced with quite the dilemma if they are offered their own spinoff. They’ve made the decision, for their privacy and protection, to no longer put any pictures of their daughters on SM. No one is going to watch a show with just Jinger and Jeremy. How shall they ever walk that back if given their own show?? Me thinks they’ll find some BS way to spin it! 

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Must have been what Jana was talking about when she said creeps would try and court them!

3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

From the article: 

"And I think going back to that whole trust thing, it's something that you want to make sure that this person has good intentions, it's not just like, 'Oh this guy wants to be on TV and here's his big break, I'm gonna go marry one of the Duggar daughters and that's my in.' That's the last thing you wanted." 

Yet that's exactly what she married. 

Maybe these are the mysterious doubts she was referring to before marrying Jeremy- that he was interested in her because of her "fame".  Maybe she wasn't entirely convinced he wanted to marry her for herself, and was interesting in hooking up to the gravy train.  

1 hour ago, MzTori77 said:

J & J are going to be faced with quite the dilemma if they are offered their own spinoff. They’ve made the decision, for their privacy and protection, to no longer put any pictures of their daughters on SM. No one is going to watch a show with just Jinger and Jeremy. How shall they ever walk that back if given their own show?? Me thinks they’ll find some BS way to spin it! 

100% guarantee they would have no problem whatsoever putting the kids on TV or SM if they were offered a show.  Fame and fortune come first with them.

41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

AD78E5F1-1325-457A-B38B-5E51D69C0EC1.jpeg

I wonder if they stopped in Arkansas.

Wow, they sure do get lots of vacation time, don't they?  🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Hey Jinger, remember when you and Jeremy were pretending to look for a house, and you said the Charlie Chaplin house would be good for your career? Yeah, nice try claiming that you really don't like the fame. 

I'll say this for that interview--she's been coached, and pretty well. There's been a lot of talk on social media about parasocial relationships and how celebrities and influerncers are affected by fans thinking they know them. She alluded to a lot of those points without saying words like "parasocial" that would make it obvious she was reading a script. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, awaken said:

100% guarantee they would have no problem whatsoever putting the kids on TV or SM if they were offered a show.  Fame and fortune come first with them.

Wow, they sure do get lots of vacation time, don't they?  🙄

100% guarantee no one will offer them a show. What on earth do they do that is show-worthy? They are dreaming.

ETA: One gets a lot of vacation time when one does not work…

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

FFS ~ then stay off SM! The umbrella is fooling nobody. If you don’t want your family to be in the public eye… the set your SM accounts to private! You will be forgotten in a New York minute. You can’t have it both ways. Sheesh.

THANK YOU. How many times does this need to be said?

• Love 19

There were some nasty comments in the past, both on Instagram and on here, about Felicity's appearance, and how she will look more like Jeremy's side of the family. So I have to agree with Jinger on how awful social media can get, and I'm glad they stopped posting pictures of their kids. I hope they don't do another reality show or put their daughters back out there. 

And I don't think there will be spinoff. I think TLC is really done with the Duggars this time. The show was getting more and more boring anyway. How many gender reveals do people really want to see? The only last draw they might have had is if Jana finally gets married.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think it's possible that Jinger would prefer a private life, but Jeremy want to be rich & famous so she has no choice.

Jinger's meekness (and fame) are the qualities that Jer appreciates most!

• Love 13

Lets protect our children from strangers by not showing their pictures. But lets play 20 question with strangers we are trying to make friends with (and sell books to).

Do the Vuolos think when they're out with their girls, folks won't know who the girls are because they haven't seen pictures? If they're inviting strangers from all over the world into their lives through reality TV and/or SM, they're inviting them into their kids' lives too.

They are not celebrities who are famous for a TV series or movies that happen to have kids. The Vulolos are 'celebrities' who are 'famous' for sharing their everyday lives. Big difference.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Lets protect our children from strangers by not showing their pictures. But lets play 20 question with strangers we are trying to make friends with (and sell books to).

Do the Vuolos think when they're out with their girls, folks won't know who the girls are because they haven't seen pictures? If they're inviting strangers from all over the world into their lives through reality TV and/or SM, they're inviting them into their kids' lives too.

They are not celebrities who are famous for a TV series or movies that happen to have kids. The Vulolos are 'celebrities' who are 'famous' for sharing their everyday lives. Big difference.

Yes, I find their SM posts today to be disturbing and disingenuous . Lay low for a while!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 17
21 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just think, one of those letter writers could be her brother (writing to other girls) in the not too distant future. 

Urgh imagine getting a letter from Josh Duggar! 🤮

I was watching a Stewart family video and Carlin went over to her pastor's house to get her kid's hair cut.  The house was huge and the backyard even bigger with a large in-ground pool.  That pastor is doing very well for himself.  I'm sure that is what Jeremy and Jinger want at the very least, if not to head up the whole McArthur empire. McArthur is 82.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I was watching a Stewart family video and Carlin went over to her pastor's house to get her kid's hair cut.  The house was huge and the backyard even bigger with a large in-ground pool.  That pastor is doing very well for himself.  I'm sure that is what Jeremy and Jinger want at the very least, if not to head up the whole McArthur empire. McArthur is 82.

Working title: The Decline and Fall of the MacArthur Empire. 😁

Unfortunately for Jer's possible hopes, I'm pretty sure nobody's dumb enough to actually give it to him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
On 7/1/2021 at 3:28 PM, Cinnabon said:

And still using lots of nauseating Gothard-speak - walking through, season of life, sweet friends. Ugh!

I can't fault her with this.  It's all she knows.  This is the language she was raised in and never had school or even an outside church to give her different phrasing.  I do think that Jinger and Jeremy are having a panic moment realizing that they need to land on their feet.  He better finish that degree because living in CA is an expensive venture.  Hoping they move north to PA with his family to make a life far away from the Dugs.  

• Love 17
(edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, iwantcookies said:

71368141-24CD-4415-8028-255DA7166590.jpeg

Common hypocrisy of SM and reality TV. When the person/family is getting praise or needs to sell something they lean into how they keep it real and love connecting. When it's criticism the internet is entirely made of trolls who are against them or if it's reality shows it's blaming editing, and reality TV is heavily edited/staged but they'll never credit editing/production for making them look good it's just them keeping it real.

People shouldn't dump on kids appearances. But kids don't need their lives out there for people they meet in the future to have seen their baby pictures. But I think if any network gave J&J an offer for a show (which I doubt) showing the kids, Jeremy will break out his most tacky outfits, line up his hats, and take the money and I think Jinger will be on board. I don't get hostage vibes from Jinger's SM. She likes the attention too and she seemed to love showing her LA life to her siblings in a 'look what I have and you don't' way.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

so much for keeping the girls out of the public eye. Pics of the family in the airport including the baby’s face and Felicity picking her nose.

In all of LAX that's who they took pictures of? Probably staged.

Well, to be fair, picking your nose is a big deal. lol

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'd bet my house, dogs and life savings that Jinger doesn't know the definition of "bourgeoisie" and can't name two players on the Dodgers. 

I don’t think she could even pronounce the word “bourgeoisie.”

• LOL 10
  • Love 11