Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Unemployable but the best.

She won't even have much to do on camera in their new show, whose theme, as far as I can see, will have to be People Eating Free Cheeseburgers. 

We know she won't be eating any. 

ETA: Not that I mind that JIngle doesn't eat cheeseburgers. I don't eat cheeseburgers either. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think they all knew the cancellation was coming. And I think that's why Jerm and Jinger began teasing their 'audience ' with photos of their faceless kids. I mean, we all know what Felicity looks like... I think they're just trying to attract attention and hopefully interest so they're not forgotten. Maybe even trying to get their own show.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

I think they all knew the cancellation was coming. And I think that's why Jerm and Jinger began teasing their 'audience ' with photos of their faceless kids. I mean, we all know what Felicity looks like... I think they're just trying to attract attention and hopefully interest so they're not forgotten. Maybe even trying to get their own show.

That statement of theirs makes me wonder if they already have their own show in the works. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That statement of theirs makes me wonder if they already have their own show in the works. 

If they do, they are going to have to show their kids.  Are you in or out, Vuolos?

• Love 13
Just now, riverblue22 said:

If they do, they are going to have to show their kids.  Are you in or out, Vuolos?

Yup, I made that point earlier, only not so succinctly. 😁

Morals or money? I bet they take the cash, kids be damned. 

• Love 15
(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 6:20 AM, BigBingerBro said:

6aky4eylnc771.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

all I see is a baby with no hat under a blazing sun while the mother has a baseball hat on. I guess the ugly bow is way more important than preventing a sunstroke...

😧

On 6/26/2021 at 4:25 PM, floridamom said:

Jinger posted that that woman makes the world's best chocolate chip cookies????How would she ever know that? I bet she never actually ate one or a part of one. Such a suck up liar.

Also: who cares!

Edited by jojo3couleurs
had more to say!
  • Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

When did they stop showing their kids? Because I'm about to go conspiracy theory and surmise that they chose not to show them to build anticipation, because they've known for a while that TLC was cancelling and they've been in talks for their own show.

Their statement came way to quickly after the announcement, and really, why is it necessary for any of the Duggars to respond to this? And the "we fully support TLC's decision" remark? Something's up.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Their statement came way to quickly after the announcement, and really, why is it necessary for any of the Duggars to respond to this? And the "we fully support TLC's decision" remark? Something's up.

The fact that no other statements have been given regarding the cancellation, as of now, makes it very strange that Jinger and Jeremy jumped on it.

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, lascuba said:

When did they stop showing their kids? Because I'm about to go conspiracy theory and surmise that they chose not to show them to build anticipation, because they've known for a while that TLC was cancelling and they've been in talks for their own show.

The Vuolos stopped showing the girls right before they shared a chapter from their book about how uncomfortable Jinger was growing up with strangers thinking they knew her.

But... they have just begun to show peeks of the girls on SM. The timing of that lines up with knowing the show was being canceled. 

I think they're already under contract with TLC or are vying for one. I'm not sure what TLC's angle would or could be, but the Duggar name has been making them money for a long time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

In the vapid world of Z list celebrity "reality" shows, I suppose anything's possible. But I don't see what the hook would be for a show about Jer and Jing besides the DUGGAR name and huge family. Who are all a few thousand miles from LA in Arkansas. Though, as I said, the TV schedule is full of cr*p so I suppose the Vuolos could get a show. They are probably a hair less cr*ppy and uninteresting than a lot of people on cable these days.

I wonder if Jer and Jing shut down on posting photos of Felicity not for leverage in TV show negotiations but because of some scary level of attention from a fan. IIRC someone posted a screen shot of a comment on the SM of Jer or Jing which really sounded like a scarily unbalanced frantic fan, in the "fanatic" sense. The Vuolos may have experienced unwanted persistent attention from that person or someone else, and sought advice on how to deal with it. Which probably included getting their kids off their SM feed and definitely not posting photos of their kids' faces. Stalkers are real, and it's terrifying for the stalkees. Also potentially truly dangerous for them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Jer would have to be careful about discussing some of MacArthur's beliefs on TV if they had a show. I'm sure he could keep quiet for money. 

I don't see Jinger wanting to be in the fishbowl of television again after growing up with cameras in the family home or to expose her children to that. However, she'll probably just smile and nod if the headship wants it. 

Frankly, I think these two are really, really, shallow and boring. Without the cute kids, they wouldn't make it to episode 2. 

• Love 17

TLC would have to bring in a colorful and witty cast of actors to pose as Jinger's and Jeremy's friends. That's probably the only way they make it to episode 2. 

I do think they're playing games with regards to the kids and social media, but I also think there's a smidgen of concern for privacy. The Vuolos have some really unhinged "fans." Out of all the Duggar Instas, theirs has the most off the wall comments. Like, scary stalker-hiding-in-the-bushes type stuff. Of course that won't stop them from selling out for TLC cash, but a few months of no exploitation is better than nothing. (low bar and all).

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The Vuolos stopped showing the girls right before they shared a chapter from their book about how uncomfortable Jinger was growing up with strangers thinking they knew her.

But... they have just begun to show peeks of the girls on SM. The timing of that lines up with knowing the show was being canceled. 

I think they're already under contract with TLC or are vying for one. I'm not sure what TLC's angle would or could be, but the Duggar name has been making them money for a long time. 

Oh, THAT explains everything.

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

In the vapid world of Z list celebrity "reality" shows, I suppose anything's possible. But I don't see what the hook would be for a show about Jer and Jing besides the DUGGAR name and huge family. Who are all a few thousand miles from LA in Arkansas. Though, as I said, the TV schedule is full of cr*p so I suppose the Vuolos could get a show. They are probably a hair less cr*ppy and uninteresting than a lot of people on cable these days.

I wonder if Jer and Jing shut down on posting photos of Felicity not for leverage in TV show negotiations but because of some scary level of attention from a fan. IIRC someone posted a screen shot of a comment on the SM of Jer or Jing which really sounded like a scarily unbalanced frantic fan, in the "fanatic" sense. The Vuolos may have experienced unwanted persistent attention from that person or someone else, and sought advice on how to deal with it. Which probably included getting their kids off their SM feed and definitely not posting photos of their kids' faces. Stalkers are real, and it's terrifying for the stalkees. Also potentially truly dangerous for them. 

That had always been my assumption--I had seen those screen shots and they were really disturbing. But I don't trust these famewhores' motivation for a second, and the way they immediately posted a statement about the cancellation, kissing TLC's ass in the process, makes me think their reasons for not posting pictures of the girls are entirely mercenary.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Except that they went from not showing them at all to giving their followers little "teases" of the back of the kids' heads, a well-placed coffee cup blocking out a face, etc.  If they did indeed experience some scary fan interactions, taking their children completely off of social media, including Jeremy pretending that Felicity is putting stickers on his dumb mug, would be far more appropriate.  It's really stupid to taunt a "fan" with hints of your kids on social media.  These babies have no say in what their stupid parents do.  Jeremy can rest assured that there are still many more grass-fed cheeseburgers to stuff his face with if he's lacking content.

• Love 19
(edited)

I'm not convinced they have a show lined up. I think TLC is probably tired of being blindsided by Duggar scandals. And these two didn't help the show not have tanking ratings toward the end. Their dazzling display of incompetence while marketing their book wouldn't exactly bode well for their future as the sole stars of a show. 

But I agree the line about agreeing with TLC's decision is weird and sounds tonally off. It wouldn't surprise me if there is no deal for a TV show, but this is their weird way of angling for one. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 22
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not convinced they have a show lined up. I think TLC is probably tired of being blindsided by Duggar scandals. And these two didn't help the show not have tanking ratings toward the end. Their dazzling display of incompetence while marketing their book wouldn't exactly bode well for their future as the sole stars of a show. 

But I agree the line about agreeing with TLC's decision is weird and sounds tonally off. It wouldn't surprise me if there is no deal for a TV show, but this is their weird way of angling for one. 

This is the way it seems to me, too. And given the idiocy of some of the stuff they've apparently gotten from their publicists before, their current publicist(s?) may well have "helped" them write this hopeful message, too. ....

But just how many hopeful new starts of enterprises and initiatives have they engaged in over the past year or two? Seems to me their pitch for a new show of their own may soon collapse as others have...,

It makes me sick to think that even a tiny part of their motivation for keeping the kids off social media may have involved the hope that superfans would clamor to see more of the girls and inspire TLC to give them a show. But I really can't say that I think Jer's above trying this. ... And Jingle certainly grew up in a family where dangling the kids in front of the media for money was just part of her parents' daily routine. So it probably seems normal to her, since she's also clearly learned not to reflect on anything. 

Still, I hope that's not been part of this scheme, at all. Because if it has, that bodes ill for the next generation, if you ask me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

BD6C3712-3930-428E-A99D-BD60F6A74CE3.jpeg

Would it kill him to use the word "love" when writing about Jinger?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. It's like reading a note that one of my middle school students attempted to pass in class.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Huh? Is that supposed to be funny?

I'm afraid it probably is. Jer, the (nit)wit, has such a dry sense of humor. He's young and sooooo sophisticated. Too perfect to be a mere mortal. Rad.

Just ask him.

• LOL 13

I suspect TLC is not completely done with the Duggers!  We’ve seen it before when Counting On came on!

I’ve been going through the couples to see who and what the story line could be. 

With Jeremy and Jinger their LA lifestyle might have a slight edge.   They have a few AList friends that might make an appearance. 

Visits from siblings and throw in some church nonsense.   LA is a long way from Arkansas which takes them away from the scene of the crime. 

Wait and see which Dugger lands a show!

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

lzmf69nicc871.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&gt7vx64icc871.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

Evidences?

8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I suspect TLC is not completely done with the Duggers!  We’ve seen it before when Counting On came on!

I’ve been going through the couples to see who and what the story line could be. 

With Jeremy and Jinger their LA lifestyle might have a slight edge.   They have a few AList friends that might make an appearance. 

Visits from siblings and throw in some church nonsense.   LA is a long way from Arkansas which takes them away from the scene of the crime. 

Wait and see which Dugger lands a show!

IF they did anything interesting, maybe. Let’s see them go to a Pride event or a nightclub or volunteer on Skid row. Anything but eat and drink coffee!

• Love 7

Josh's scandals causing TLC to drop 19 Kids and Counting and later Counting On.  If Jeremy and Jinger want their own show, I just thought maybe Jeremy would get caught in a cheating scandal.  I wouldn't want that to happen to Jinger or the girls, but you gotta be careful when putting your life in the limelight like that.  

I don't think they are interesting enough, even with the girls, to have even a 30 minute weekly show.  Watch Jeremy eat his way through this part of LA this week.  Watch Jinger try on a new blazer next week.  See the family travel to Arkansas the week after, so welcome back to the show Duggar family.  

• Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Evidences?

IF they did anything interesting, maybe. Let’s see them go to a Pride event or a nightclub or volunteer on Skid row. Anything but eat and drink coffee!

Actually none of them do much that's interesting!  It's the Duggers the leg humpers want to see!

Being in LA won't involve any Jeremy ideas but I do see TLC coming  up with a few story lines!

Dugger sisters visiting...Jinger flying home for Jessa's birth.  Of course JB and Michelle will appear for a visit slowly like they were inserting themselves in Counting On.

Jeremy is boring but the show must go on.  LA might be the Calgon take me away setting...away from Josh and the scene of the crime!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I reread the Vuolo statement again. Could it be the Vuolos are so hung on themselves that their statement was an invitation for offers?

Do they know in the world of humpers/reality TV they may be D-list stars, but in the world of LA, they're not even Z-list?

• Love 17
(edited)
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I reread the Vuolo statement again. Could it be the Vuolos are so hung on themselves that their statement was an invitation for offers?

Do they know in the world of humpers/reality TV they may be D-list stars, but in the world of LA, they're not even Z-list?

My guesses for this survey: 

Could it be the Vuolos are so hung on themselves that their statement was an invitation for offers?             YES        (Minor caveat: Jeremy's this hung up on himself. Jingle, trained from birth to be a follower and only a follower to whichever bully is in her vicinity, is just along for the ride.)

Do they know in the world of humpers/reality TV they may be D-list stars, but in the world of LA, they're not even Z-list?                 NO

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They are Zzzzzzzzzzzz list. They are that boring. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 7

Everything depends on the $$$. If sponsors and advertisers want the Duggers they will be back. 

California being the land of fruit and nuts might just get  nutty Jeremy and be willing to pay to see Jinger and her family. 

They just have to get far away from Arkansas and the scandal then they are gold again and the show will go on!

• Love 6

I thought that was a good interview.  She was able to counter almost every negative with a positive.   

Good job, Jinger.  

And obviously, PEOPLE Magazine is still interested in the Vuolos.  We'll see if any of the other couples get as much coverage. 

• LOL 4

I'm thinking this interview had nothing to do with cancellation - it was probably for the book  and wasn't good enough to publish without the cancellation info.

Boo Hoo, indeed. Jeremy will be working retail inside of 9 months.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)
48 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm thinking this interview had nothing to do with cancellation - it was probably for the book  and wasn't good enough to publish without the cancellation info.

Boo Hoo, indeed. Jeremy will be working retail inside of 9 months.

Yeah, this podcast interview the article is taken from definitely was supposed to be for the book.

It's a podcast run by that restauranteur/striving-to--be-a-BIG celeb guy Jeremy Fall -- the one with the black (?) nail polish who took J&J to Craig's restaurant (known as George Clooney fave, among other things.). There were photos of them in the restaurant with Fall and also walking down the street with him. 

The timeline shows that the Vuolos and Fall hooked up for this podcast interview shortly before Josh's arrest, and three or four weeks or so before the publication date of the book. So it was clearly initially intended to be book related. 

But for whatever reason Jeremy Fall apparently didn't release the podcast before the book came out,. Why? Quite possible, I think, that both Fall/Fall's publicity people and Jer/Vuolos/Vuolo publicity person (people?) realized that the podcast contained stuff that might garner much more interest after the public got a better sense of exactly what was going on with Josh.

Also quite possible, I think that, as soon as Josh was arrested and it became clear that that was considered big news all over, the Fall contingent/Vuolo contingent came up with the idea to pitch it to big media outlets as a story that's actually closely related to and sheds light (and heat) on the Josh situation because it contains real Duggar statements about stuff like having spotlights on the family and hearing negative things about the family and so on. 

I expect People et al have been scrambling to get somebody in the family on the record about the current situation....but in vain.

So here was a readymade that, while it doesn't actually address the current mess, contains comments that seem as if they might  because they do address some of the context, i.e., the Duggars' fame, bad publicity, hearing terrible things about family members, etc. 

So, with the Josh story definitely grabbing the public imagination, People grabbed this and gave a pr win win to both Jeremys. Probably is getting published right now, I'd guess, because, under the original timeline, early next week was supposed to see real court action on Josh's case. So this is a time when people are looking for Duggar news. 

And it's a strong win for Jeremy Fall, (a celebrity climber with a better resume than Jer Vuolo's but possibly just as desperate).

He got his podcast mentioned in People -- and with a WAY better news hook than the two-bit "new book about tv people" hook he'd initially contracted with the Vuolos for. A news hook beyond his wildest dreams, I imagine. He's probably secretly very grateful to Joshley and the federal justice system. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18