Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Punchable Aunt Charles might be just a bit too esoteric. But hilarious nonetheless. 😂

True. "Occasionally obscurely and ridiculously esoteric" may be my middle name. 😂

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

With the long curly mop and the sad attempt at facial hair Cade reminds me of Charles II of England.

And when King Charles saw a portrait of himself, he said “Odds fish, I am a very ugly fellow!” I doubt if Cade is capable of that kind of self-reflection.

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

And when King Charles saw a portrait of himself, he said “Odds fish, I am a very ugly fellow!” I doubt if Cade is capable of that kind of self-reflection.

I doubt our friend Cade is capable of that sort of insightful self-reflection or that kind of antiquated wit. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I have no problems if they don't want to post pictures of the kids.  Their kids, their prerogative.  But the coffee cup??  I can just hear Jeremy: "move the coffee cup to the left.  NO! The other direction.  My left, not your left!!!  Move the cup up.  Now move it to the right and down.  Pretend you are walking."  Jinger is thinking to herself "just take the damn picture."  I prefer Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell putting cute emojis over their kids faces.  The pictures don't look awkward and we still cannot see the kids faces.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

https://people.com/country/gabby-barrett-no-1-party-i-hope-good-ones/

Gabby is doing well in her career. Let’s hope Cade doesn’t ruin it for her.

Cade is clutching her like Jim Bob does to Michelle. 

3B664832-E011-455D-A51F-5611B5D117AE.jpeg

I want to call Cade/Gabby “hat with hair” and his “little mama”

I'm sorry but that pose gives me big time control vibes from Punchie, and "trying to keep sweet but please get your hands off me" vibes from Gabby.

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm sorry but that pose gives me big time control vibes from Punchie, and "trying to keep sweet but please get your hands off me" vibes from Gabby.

It does look a bit like a still-shot from a hostage video . . . . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, jcbrown said:

She looks good here. He looks greasy.

OMG!  He looks like the biggest, dorkiest tool/fool ever!  I can’t believe she’s not embarrassed to death to be seen with him!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

OMG!  He looks like the biggest, dorkiest tool/fool ever!  I can’t believe she’s not embarrassed to death to be seen with him!

He's even homelier than Tiny Tim, and I didn't think that was possible.  Why did Jer/Jin leech onto him in the first place?  The Christian celeb cult thing?  

Gabby, you could have done much better.  Seriously, I hate that he's draped over her like that.  Shades of Boob and Hairball.  🤢

• Love 14
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I just wonder how he likes being labeled as "her guitarist" in the article.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Suzn said:

Someone needs to make sure Jessa sees that picture.  This. This. Is what could happen to Spurgeon if he doesn't get a good haircut.

Idk, Jessa also probably thinks her own hair looks good, so she wouldn’t get the point.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Baby Vuolo has very long feet and legs. 

I was thinking the same thing with those scrawny legs and feet sticking out like she was startled! 😗

I haven’t followed them much lately so did they say anything about not featuring their kids anymore or did they just stop showing their faces without an announcement?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Baby Vuolo has very long feet and legs. 

Her little legs really stood out to me.  They look odd, kind of like a frog's legs. Maybe that's why they've been hesitant to show her, because she's shaped like a frog?

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Her little legs really stood out to me.  They look odd, kind of like a frog's legs. Maybe that's why they've been hesitant to show her, because she's shaped like a frog?

Yes!!

I was trying to describe the look, you nailed it with “frog legs” 👍🏻😂

• LOL 5

LOL, I'll have to look up King Charles, AKA Cade!

"Get Hype" indeed.  That is so ridiculous.  Hype about expository preaching.  YEAH!!  just what the rad young people these days are psyched about.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Suzn said:

Someone needs to make sure Jessa sees that picture.  This. This. Is what could happen to Spurgeon if he doesn't get a good haircut.

This is one of the funniest comments I’ve ever read on this forum!  I don’t know why, but it just struck me as being really funny!    I am dying 😂!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 6/24/2021 at 5:40 PM, jcbrown said:

Gabby is doing well in her career. Let’s hope Cade doesn’t ruin it for her.

I wonder what's going to happen when they dont want him in promo pictures? I'm sure they dont now, but as her star rises they wont want him around at all.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I wonder what's going to happen when they dont want him in promo pictures? I'm sure they dont now, but as her star rises they wont want him around at all.

I have a feeling that he's going to become more demanding and difficult as her star rises and his career goes nowhere. He'll keep reminding her that the Lord expects her to be a submissive wife and she'll spend most of time placating him and stroking his ego. With every award she wins or hit record she records, he'll find some way to "punish" her emotionally. Eventually, he'll announce that he's putting his singing career "on hold" to become her official manager, so that he can make career decisions for her and control her finances. Hopefully, at some point he'll push her too far and she'll walk out on him.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jinger posted that that woman makes the world's best chocolate chip cookies????How would she ever know that? I bet she never actually ate one or a part of one. Such a suck up liar.

Jer probably told her the cookies were the best. So must be true.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I have a feeling that he's going to become more demanding and difficult as her star rises and his career goes nowhere. He'll keep reminding her that the Lord expects her to be a submissive wife and she'll spend most of time placating him and stroking his ego. With every award she wins or hit record she records, he'll find some way to "punish" her emotionally. Eventually, he'll announce that he's putting his singing career "on hold" to become her official manager, so that he can make career decisions for her and control her finances. Hopefully, at some point he'll push her too far and she'll walk out on him.

That story is hilarious and SOOO much speculation!   Gabby is not Carrie Underwood 2.0, and doesn't live in a "Lifetime" movie.  She may have 2 songs on the country charts, but only one is her solo.  She's doing VERY well, but people in music can burn out fast.

She's barely 21, married and has a kid.  It's possible she could have a great career, but her husband shows ZERO signs of "holding her back" (from what?) or resenting the  fame she's gotten so far.  Where did any of THAT come from?  

I've seen nothing but support from him towards Gabby, but I feel the same way about Jinger & Jeremy.  I've never seen Jeremy insult, demean or humiliate his wife in any way, though some people claim to see most of his actions as degrading to her.  How?  Everything he posts about her is pure adoration.  Real or not.  The words are there.

Gabby may have come in 3rd on American Idol, but Cade came in 4th.  He sings, but is also a musician and songwriter and is very talented in his own right.  Just because she's got the notoriety now doesn't mean it will last with the public or that SHE will want it to.  They are not Duggars. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Jinger posted that that woman makes the world's best chocolate chip cookies????How would she ever know that? I bet she never actually ate one or a part of one. Such a suck up liar.

Yep

• Love 4
On 6/21/2021 at 12:03 AM, madpsych78 said:

I was born and raised in Naperville, which is slightly closer to Chicago (it's just east of Aurora). Those who live in Chicago proper say that only those who live in Chicago can claim that they are from Chicago. But when I tell other people where I'm from (for example, in DFW, where I currently live) I say that I'm from Chicago, not Naperville, as they are more likely to be familiar with Chicago.  

I do that, too!  At a Disneyworld show or restaurant, when asked where you were from and everyone else answered with their state, I thought it was the most natural thing in the world to say I was from Chicago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

She's doing VERY well, but people in music can burn out fast.

Exactly. Many 'Gabby' types are flashes in the pan.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, Cinnabon said:

Note that the very 1st thing he mentions is his connection to the Duggars. 

Notice that it's from 19 Kids and Counting and not Counting On. I don't think Jeremy was ever on 19 K&C. I think he showed around the time it was Counting On.

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

Notice that it's from 19 Kids and Counting and not Counting On. I don't think Jeremy was ever on 19 K&C. I think he showed around the time it was Counting On.

He was first shown, but not introduced, IIRC, in Jessa's baby shower episode. The guys were playing helpless at the grocery store.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

He was first shown, but not introduced, IIRC, in Jessa's baby shower episode. The guys were playing helpless at the grocery store.

Good, that would be the first season it was Counting On. 

• Love 2