Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Recommended Posts


If God send a young woman 'the right one' there should be no hesitation as the relationship moves forward to an expected engagement. From what I gather about Jinger from excerpts released from their silly book, she was filled with doubts the whole way through. No one should need others convincing her that 'he's the guy for her'. This is quite a surprise because any footage from the show where Jinger appeared, she seemed to be over the moon -IN LOVE- with Jeremy. Remember the scene where she takes his soccer jersey and uses it as a pillow case on her bed? She had to hug it all night long. This doesn't seem to be a person filled with doubts about the guy. Nothing adds up with this family. If her hesitation was true, she's faking her wonderful life in those stupid photos they take and post. Jeremy acts like a know- it all -putz. Who would be happy with that for the rest of their lives?

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

If Jinger wrote the truth the book would be 10 pages, don't you think? So of course they embroider a lot.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

If Jinger wrote the truth the book would be 10 pages, don't you think? So of course they embroider a lot.

 She really took exception to the ‘City, please’ comment.  Like she was offended that everyone wanted her to move off to the city. And here she is, years later, a real housewife of LA. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, JoanArc said:

She really took exception to the ‘City, please’ comment.

Kind of like "how dare you take me at my word". Ha

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, farmgal4 said:

That has to be one of the corniest things I’ve ever read. 

Like a bad/cheap romance novels I read in high school 

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Like a bad/cheap romance novels I read in high school 

Exactly!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

If God send a young woman 'the right one' there should be no hesitation as the relationship moves forward to an expected engagement. From what I gather about Jinger from excerpts released from their silly book, she was filled with doubts the whole way through. No one should need others convincing her that 'he's the guy for her'. This is quite a surprise because any footage from the show where Jinger appeared, she seemed to be over the moon -IN LOVE- with Jeremy. Remember the scene where she takes his soccer jersey and uses it as a pillow case on her bed? She had to hug it all night long. This doesn't seem to be a person filled with doubts about the guy. Nothing adds up with this family. If her hesitation was true, she's faking her wonderful life in those stupid photos they take and post. Jeremy acts like a know- it all -putz. Who would be happy with that for the rest of their lives?

I'm inclined to believe the book rather than what was documented on the show. I'm not convinced that the reality show was that real in some respects. Also, if she didn't have doubts, why would she write about it? I think it's fair to say they have more input as to what to write as opposed to their input about the content on the show.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

29 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm inclined to believe the book rather than what was documented on the show. I'm not convinced that the reality show was that real in some respects. Also, if she didn't have doubts, why would she write about it? I think it's fair to say they have more input as to what to write as opposed to their input about the content on the show.

I think both things are true. I think Jinger met Jeremy and was really attracted to him (and she knew he was to her) and she liked that- who wouldn’t? I think that’s what we saw on camera. 
 

But I can see how as they talked more she thought “I don’t know if this is right, but I do WANT him, I’m confused”- I am sure most of us on here can relate to being attracted to a person that you didn’t really see a future with. Given Jinger’s limited interaction with men in a romantic/sexual context, I could see this being confusing. If she didn’t marry him, would she find someone else she was attracted to? Was this all there was? Did they just need to get to know each other better?

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Considering many Fundy women go from single to married in less than a year, having doubts makes total sense. It takes me longer to pick out a pair of eye glasses or a winter coat, than it does for these women to commit to marrying a stranger. 

But when was Jinger doubtful? Throughout the entire relationship? During the courtship period? After the engagement? Did she have two brief moments in time, when she questioned marrying Jeremy? Did she have a day of cold feet? Was she looking for reassurance that not having God tap her on the shoulder and saying marry this man, was okay?

Most of the Duggar marriages have been to folks they either knew or were well established in Fundiland. Derick, Ben and Jeremy played in less conservative Fundy circles and were strangers. Jill with her mad school girl crush and Jessa with her cold defiant determination, make Jinger's doubt look very sane.

  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, Jinger's response to hitting pause is funny.

Is one of the dudes with Jeremy wearing a mezuzah? What is it with Fundies and their preoccupation with the Jewish faith?

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, Jinger's response to hitting pause is funny.

Is one of the dudes with Jeremy wearing a mezuzah? What is it with Fundies and their preoccupation with the Jewish faith?

I think it’s something about the return of Jews to Israel heralds the return of God’s kingdom on earth. So fundies love the Jews! 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is one of the dudes with Jeremy wearing a mezuzah? What is it with Fundies and their preoccupation with the Jewish faith?

Some of them get very obsessed with their Jewish roots and see Judaism as a direct ancestor of their own beliefs (bypassing all that evil Catholicism stuff). "Messianic Judaism" is a modern Christian religious movement that incorporates some elements of Judaism and Jewish tradition with Evangelical Christianity. 

For people like the Duggars (whose religious beliefs seem more emotional than intellectual), I think they simply prefer the angry, vengeful God of the Old Testament to the peaceful, loving Jesus of the New Testament. They LOVE the idea of God destroying cities with fire and turning people into pillars of salt. The rigid rules of the Ten Commandments and the Book of Leviticus are far more appealing than the moral responsibility to others embodied in the Sermon on the Mount. 

 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jeremy has a new IG story and apparently Evvy Jo can’t sit up on her own yet.  She’s 7 months old.  Shouldn’t she be sitting up already?

Evy is old enough that she can probably sit up fine if someone helps her get in position and most kids that age can sit up in a 'tripod' position with at least one of their arms on the ground  in front of them.  Or, they need something to lean against when upright, like a high chair seat or toy box, etc.  Otherwise, they're prone to toppling over.

 It isn't until 9-10 months that most babies can sit up by themselves, without using anything to prop them up.  They're also strong enough to pull themselves upright into a sitting position without someone helping them to do it.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Considering many Fundy women go from single to married in less than a year, having doubts makes total sense. It takes me longer to pick out a pair of eye glasses or a winter coat, than it does for these women to commit to marrying a stranger. 

But when was Jinger doubtful? Throughout the entire relationship? During the courtship period? After the engagement? Did she have two brief moments in time, when she questioned marrying Jeremy? Did she have a day of cold feet? Was she looking for reassurance that not having God tap her on the shoulder and saying marry this man, was okay?

Most of the Duggar marriages have been to folks they either knew or were well established in Fundiland. Derick, Ben and Jeremy played in less conservative Fundy circles and were strangers. Jill with her mad school girl crush and Jessa with her cold defiant determination, make Jinger's doubt look very sane.

Just like her claim of having an eating disorder and then suddenly being “cured,” with no details given, I wonder if all of the claims of Jinger having “doubts” aren’t completely fabricated for the book.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/20/2021 at 10:14 AM, Rootbeer said:

The only people who can legitimately pull for the Bronx Bombers are people born there because they cannot help it, it is like a birth defect and it would be rude to mock it.  

I was born a few blocks over the Bronx/Westchester border and lived in the Bronx for the first 3 years of my life until my parents decided that having 3 children in a 5th floor walkup apartment was a bit much and moved to Long Island.
 I enjoyed watching Yankee games with my dad on the weekends.I attended my first game at the Stadium when I was nearly 8 years old.  I can still remember walking through the gates to our seats and seeing how green the grass was.

I continued to root for the Yankees, and attended games over the years, but gradually switched my allegiance to the Mets.  The Mets are my primary team, but the only time I ever root against the Yankees is when they are playing against the Mets.  I do however, harbor an intense dislike of the Boston Red Sox. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think it’s something about the return of Jews to Israel heralds the return of God’s kingdom on earth. So fundies love the Jews! 

But then they get raptured and leave the Jews to be forever tortured and doomed (or something like that!)

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

But then they get raptured and leave the Jews to be forever tortured and doomed (or something like that!)

Yep exactly. Unless they all get saved 🙄

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Yep exactly. Unless they all get saved 🙄

Yep. If anybody fails to join the "right" version of the right religion, it's their own fault. It's an exclusive, members-only club. 

This doom and gloom stuff makes me crazy. I think a religion that doesn't celebrate the joys of just being alive and a being a part of humanity and nature is a complete fail. 

Furthermore, I don't think drinking expensive lattes and wearing expensive sneakers counts for anything, so I'll try to keep my own counsel. 

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/25/2021 at 2:42 PM, CouchTater said:

Her little legs really stood out to me.  They look odd, kind of like a frog's legs. Maybe that's why they've been hesitant to show her, because she's shaped like a frog?

yikes just saw the pic... I agree..she's got some crazy frog legs going on! 🐸

*ribbit*

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Just like her claim of having an eating disorder and then suddenly being “cured,” with no details given, I wonder if all of the claims of Jinger having “doubts” aren’t completely fabricated for the book.

I agree, I bet many tiny little facts of nothing were blown up into stories of something. I mean really, most lives are pretty banal and the Vuolos are no different.

Of all the married Duggars, Jill and Derick are the only couple whose courtship and first few years were somewhat different than the norm.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I'm so glad he clarified that he is BOOK AUTHOR - as opposed to what other type of author?

I cannot handle the stupidity.

 

Perhaps he thinks his BFF PAC is a "music author?"  🤣

I agree, dumb way to describe it.  What a tool.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Perhaps he thinks his BFF PAC is a "music author?"  🤣

I agree, dumb way to describe it.  What a tool.

Well, he is a proud dude/bro, after all!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6B548E66-67B8-4627-94DD-0B983218A83B.jpeg

Is he only watching England games? I'm pretty sure the last time he posted about watching soccer it was also England.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jeremy and Jinger posted the same statement.

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Turned off comments 

 

I don’t blame them for that. Trouble is, people will just jump on one of their other posts.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jeremy and Jinger posted the same statement.

I don’t blame them for that. Trouble is, people will just jump on one of their other posts.

That’s the life they’ve chosen 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe they will write a sequel

From breakout stars to nobody cares living on a budget in LA 

 

or

what I know about Jim Bob and McArthur the true story

 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No longer on TV. Will their wealthy real estate benefactor also pull the plug and give them the boot? 😂

I know I’m evil to want that… but YES

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No longer on TV. Will their wealthy real estate benefactor also pull the plug and give them the boot? 😂

I remember watching a documentary about child stars after the fame. One kid (IIRC, it was the younger brother from Growing Pains) said he had an absolutely brutal transition. Doors shut in your face literally overnight. Once that association with celebrity is gone, the favors, freebies and perks dry up quickly. Jeremy's already been grifting that house for two years. I won't be surprised if the owner starts getting restless...

  • Like 21
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

48ED1F06-51AA-4938-B90C-454E29BDE5C5.jpeg

For those who don’t have Instagram 

"Watch out new show  - Jeremy Can F**k Himself. Streaming 24/7 on Pornhub!"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Do not forget, that you are free to "Reply" to the post you are referring and state "Taking my reply to small talk." Please take off topic posts to the Small Talk thread. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size