Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

The only questionable comment I saw said the poster wanted more details on Jinger, fewer on Jeremy because everyone's there for Jinger for her, not him.

Was there something worse?  Add me to the "telephone" train, please, if it's too terrible to post here.  Thanks!

• Love 4
Just now, CouchTater said:

if it's too terrible to post here.  Thanks!

I’ll send it to you. I have to say, it’s not too terrible to post, generally speaking. I just choose no to, for various reasons. 😁

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’ll send it to you. I have to say, it’s not too terrible to post, generally speaking. I just choose no to, for various reasons. 😁

I can appreciate that, and I hope my comment about it being too terrible didn't come across as terribly snarky to you as it did to me as I read it back to myself just now!  Snarkiness wasn't my intention, and I apologize if that's how it read.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Well now I want to know too!

Nothing horrific, someone was honest about the fact fans are there for Jinger and JereME is only known by his association to his wife. If that is the comment it’s just the truth. Jeremy is a poser, fame whore and was called on it.

ETA: IIRC Jeremy gave an interview (or maybe it was his “testimony”) and said the team psychologist told him he was too focused on being famous rather than playing soccer. Nothing has changed for him.

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't like the Duggars, but one thing that bothers me with regards to social media is people continually slamming the girls over Josh and demanding reactions/explanations/commentary/outrage etc. 

If Jinger and her siblings want to spend the rest of their lives pretending Josh doesn't exist, I don't blame them, nor do I judge them for it. 

I know when you choose to grift your way through life, you have to take the good with the bad, but badgering Jinger over her brother's crimes is out of line, especially considering she was a victim herself. 

Such is life. Jinger can make her SM private to avoid that, but she won’t. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Nothing horrific, someone was honest about the fact fans are there for Jinger and JereME is only known by his association to his wife. If that is the comment it’s just the truth. Jeremy is a poser, fame whore and was called on it.

ETA: IIRC Jeremy gave an interview (or maybe it was his “testimony”) and said the team psychologist told him he was too focused on being famous rather than playing soccer. Nothing has changed for him.

Jeremy can't handle the truth.

• Love 11

Is that PubliciTEE?  Am I the only one thinking that "She has never met a stranger" is kind of odd?   I mean she's old enough now to have been taken to restaurants and other places where she would have interacted with strangers while being with her parents, right?   Have they kept her completely isolated with the family due to Covid?  I mean we never see the kids with them most of the time, but that comment just sounds strange to me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Expository preaching means that the speaker takes a specific passage from the Bible and interprets it for the congregation, explaining the actual meaning of the words.  This is opposed to the regular sorts of sermons you hear in church where the preacher takes a reading from the Bible and tries to interpret it in terms of modern life and how it might apply to us today.

The tradition of expository preaching was originally a Jewish thing where some rabbis were scholars who read the Torah in its original Hebrew and understood it in terms of the ancient language as well as the cultural life back when it was written and explained it to their congregations in those terms.

Expository preaching means the preacher should have studied ancient languages like Greek and Latin and Hebrew and learned to read and understand the Bible in those languages and be able to then explain the meaning of the passages to those who haven't studied the original language.

If you're listened to any of Jeremy's sermons, you'll realize that his version of expository preaching is mind numbingly dull and a perfect remedy for insomnia.

Jeremy thinks Johnny Mac is the best because he has made a ton of money doing expository preaching and that is the standard by which Jeremy judges everything.

If anyone can explain it better, have at it.

You did a fantastic job. A good expository speaker is fantastic to listen to. You can learn a lot. Just like listening to a knowledgeable professor in college. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Her was the keynote speaker at that camp. The other two were actual graduates of the Masters Seminary. So, someone thinks Her has some celebrity caché.

Oh puleease. "Someone" is grossly mistaken.

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

OK now that makes sense LOL  I guess it's too early for me to be up to speed with Jerm's words.

Then stay out of the South, because that's an extremely common expression down here.    

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

You did a fantastic job. A good expository speaker is fantastic to listen to. You can learn a lot. Just like listening to a knowledgeable professor in college. 

I agree. I doubt though that Jeremy will ever be a good expository speaker. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Cade looks ridiculous. You'd think she would take the hat off of his head and smack him with it.

I just do not see what she finds attractive about him.

• Love 19

J

10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jer's comment about strangers is taken from a quotation by actor/writer Will Rogers: I" never met a stranger I didn't like." Jer's been with his friend Google again. 

As others have noted, "She's never met a stranger" is a common old expression, and the Will Rogers quote means something rather different. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

With the long curly mop and the sad attempt at facial hair Cade reminds me of Charles II of England.

Oh hell he does! LMAO 

Maybe we should start calling him Punchable Aunt Charles. In that picture, it looks like Punchable Aunt C is death-gripping Little Mama because he's afear'd she's gonna run away. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7