Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Suzn said:

What a random meaningless mishmash of crap they post!

I agree. Their sm has no point/direction. Meh they are only good for a laugh on how ridiculous Jeremy dresses/eating his organic/free range/locally sourced food 🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I agree. Their sm has no point/direction. Meh they are only good for a laugh on how ridiculous Jeremy dresses/eating his organic/free range/locally sourced food 🙄🙄🙄

Fired the publicist. Too expensive.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zella said:

"So we're into pickleball now" made me laugh harder than it should have. It seems like Jeremy ends up abandoning all of his "interests" pretty quickly. I guess this is what happens when you use them as a substitute for having a personality.

He's been counting on one of them to magically win him a an extra 2 million followers, none of whom was already following Jingle. 

But each thing he tries disappoints. 

Can't figure out why this doesn't work. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

The specially shaped food got me thinking. I wonder if MOTY Michelle ever did things like that for her kids. Maybe when she only had a few of them. But I can't imagine that after the baby train started really rolling, she had the time or energy to do more than plop food down in front of her toddlers, while shoving spoonfuls of food into the one(s) still too tiny to eat on their own. And that assumes she hadn't handed the whole job off to one of her young daughters already.

AFAIK Michelle got off on being pregnant and nursing young infants. But she herself admitted to not having a "heart for children" - so I don't think of her being likely to indulge a toddler by trying to make the food cute. I see her as more likely to spend her time blanket training those tiny ones with the goal of making them instantly obedient to parental commands.

I wonder if the Sister Moms had the time or knowledge to create cute food for their assigned toddler siblings. 

Obviously Jinger picked up the idea somewhere, and good for her. Maybe she learned it at home as a kid. I don't know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

It looks as if Jinger tried to use a gingerbread girl cookie cutter. That worked for the meat but made the bread look like a snowman. 

I was a bad mother. Maybe once or twice I made cute food, but mostly food was served in its normal shape.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 14

One of my sweet childhood memories is of my Auntie Honey (as sweet as her nickname implies) making Micky Mouse-shaped pancakes for my cousins and me for breakfast.  That was over 40 years ago.  She was obviously ahead of her time.🙂

• Love 24

I did that sometimes for my youngest brother being that I am 9 years older. Also did it for my kids and grandkids sometimes. I don’t find it all that unusual. Posting it maybe. I still don’t like these people 

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It looks as if Jinger tried to use a gingerbread girl cookie cutter. That worked for the meat but made the bread look like a snowman. 

I was a bad mother. Maybe once or twice I made cute food, but mostly food was served in its normal shape.  

39 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It never occurred to my immigrant, working class mom to do something like that and the only people I know now who do it are the ones who do it for for instagram content.

Gosh, I didn't mean to imply that making food in cute shapes for toddlers is mandatory for good mothering! Sorry if I gave that impression.

It's just that seeing Jinger's attempts to do that for her kid, got me to wondering how much individual attention the Duggar 19 got when they were toddlers, from MOTY or their assigned Sister Moms. And I don't mean "individual attention" as a response to misbehaving or a blanket training session. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Yeah, same - although my kids loved the dino-shaped chicken nuggets but they came that way, lol.

If Jill did this, I would think - oh, how cute.  When Jinger does it I assume it's just for clicks and comments.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

The specially shaped food got me thinking. I wonder if MOTY Michelle ever did things like that for her kids. Maybe when she only had a few of them. But I can't imagine that after the baby train started really rolling, she had the time or energy to do more than plop food down in front of her toddlers, while shoving spoonfuls of food into the one(s) still too tiny to eat on their own. And that assumes she hadn't handed the whole job off to one of her young daughters already.

AFAIK Michelle got off on being pregnant and nursing young infants. But she herself admitted to not having a "heart for children" - so I don't think of her being likely to indulge a toddler by trying to make the food cute. I see her as more likely to spend her time blanket training those tiny ones with the goal of making them instantly obedient to parental commands.

I wonder if the Sister Moms had the time or knowledge to create cute food for their assigned toddler siblings. 

Obviously Jinger picked up the idea somewhere, and good for her. Maybe she learned it at home as a kid. I don't know.

I don’t think she ever cooked for her kids once the baby train left the station, did she? That was the sister mom’s responsibility, wasn’t it? I think I remember someone saying on one of the shows one of the little girls was hungry and went to MOTY for a snack and Michelle made her go find the sister mom. While Michell was right there doing nothing.

• Love 4
(edited)
44 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yeah, same - although my kids loved the dino-shaped chicken nuggets but they came that way, lol.

If Jill did this, I would think - oh, how cute.  When Jinger does it I assume it's just for clicks and comments.  

Would only confess this on an online forum and not to anyone I know IRL but I love those dinosaur chicken nuggets too. I don't even have kids who I can blame for me buying them. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My granny used to let me and my brother get creative while making bread when we were little, and it was a lot of fun. The only one I really remember was when my brother decided it would be a good idea to make a snake dinner roll. We also did fancy Christmas cookie shapes. It was always in the context of working together on it, though, which is why it is such a fond childhood memory for me. 

I guess what I find strangest about all it with Jinger is making gingerbread man shapes in the middle of summer rather than the holidays. And the try-hard need to share it. Like, are they incapable of just having fun for the sake of having fun? 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13
(edited)

Both of their daughters are likely to have messed up relationships with food and weight with Jinjer as parents. 🥲 one obsessed with food and one who barely eats

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I think Jill and Jinger both do it for the clicks. Although Jill floundered much more in the beginning she never gave up. It seems in almost every post Jill now asks the obligatory Influencers engagement question. Jinger's post do seem more pretentious than Jill's, but I think that has as much to do with their lifestyles, than followers or clicks.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I confess I don't know what toddlers eat, but that is the most unappetizing lunch I could imagine.  Plain salad, plain piece of bread, plain turkey breast.  I hope she at least gets a bottle of designer water so she can gag that down.  

This whole "Moms compete to see who is the bestest super-Mom EVAH!" leaves me amused and exhausted.  I would have been thrilled if my mom cut my sandwiches on the diagonal.  

My mom did that!  Mr. X had to visit a neighbor to see sandwiches cut diagonally.  He thinks it's elegant.

Jin has become all about the facade on social media.  I couldn't live like that.  I quit Facebook years ago.  I never shared much (paranoid, doncha know.)  Seriously, the moms today one-upping each other about their "perfect" lives and kids does not in any way appeal to me.  RFP has programmed his Stepford wife well.  

• Love 12

I just discovered another way in which I was a bad mother!  I don't remember ever fixing cute food.  I don't think it ever occurred to me and certainly wasn't anything I saw as a child.

Expectations keep ratcheting up.

• Love 6

mr crazy8s always worked late on friday"s when our kids were young. from about age 4 on it was cook/create your own dinner. They went through a cooking cutter phase, but they did the cookie cutting of bread cheese etc themselves. As they got older and their cooking ability increased there were shaped pancakes. snowmen, spiders, snakes, mickey mouse. one child ventured into using food coloring and the various colored scrambled eggs often looked like vomit to me, but she cooked them herself and ate them every time.

My aim was to get them to learn about the kitchen and basic cooking skills. Which they did and had fun. I doubt anyone outside our home ever knew of that though.

Jill's posts of fun food with the boys may be for clicks, but to me seem/feel more authentic because Jill's cooking posts seem like basic cooking posts and we have seen the boys involved in helping with meals. With Jing the pics we see are them with food at a restaurant. Jer posing with a sign or a menu, JIng's prep that is never seen used in a meal. They could have at least got felicity's arm and a cookie cutter in the pic😂

• Love 21
38 minutes ago, zenme said:

They are not “adorbs.”

And they need to cut it out with those nauseating cutesy slang words.

34 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Sometimes Meeechelle fed kids straight from a can, so Jingle has at least improved on that.

As far as we know. Who knows what happens when the camera is off?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Suzn said:

I just discovered another way in which I was a bad mother!  I don't remember ever fixing cute food.  I don't think it ever occurred to me and certainly wasn't anything I saw as a child.

Expectations keep ratcheting up.

You aren't alone. I never made cutesy foods for my son and I don't recall my mom doing it for me. Oh well! 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Normades said:

This may be a dumb question, but what do you do with the leftover parts when you cut the cute shapes?  Does that all go to waste?

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Eat them!

Yes! This is what many parents of toddlers subsist on. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, CouchTater said:

One of my sweet childhood memories is of my Auntie Honey (as sweet as her nickname implies) making Micky Mouse-shaped pancakes for my cousins and me for breakfast.  That was over 40 years ago.  She was obviously ahead of her time.🙂

My mom used to put our initials in pancakes sometimes. It was cool to us.

7 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I don’t think she ever cooked for her kids once the baby train left the station, did she? That was the sister mom’s responsibility, wasn’t it? I think I remember someone saying on one of the shows one of the little girls was hungry and went to MOTY for a snack and Michelle made her go find the sister mom. While Michell was right there doing nothing.

As @ozziemom noted, we did see MEchelle feeding toddlers straight from a can. While the kid was lying down. I don't have kids, but even I can see that is a potential recipe for disaster. We also saw some Jslave "cooking" instant oatmeal to feed to one of the young kids by putting tepid tap water in it.

• Love 4

Let's not forget the Duggars' famous TaterTot casserole: frozen TatorTots, canned creamed soups, milk, and cheese mixed together and baked in large pans and fed to all. I bet every Duggar daughter--including Jinger--can make that one in her sleep. 

• Love 6
On 7/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, crazy8s said:

they had a rally in Missouri last week. The guy running it seems to lean hipster ironic and doing a parody of people believing conspiracy theories. it is mostly teens and early 20's so of course Jer tries to play hip and younger

My son has one of those shirts.  Of course, he’s 19 - not a married thirtysomething with two kids. 

• Love 7