Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I see someone from N.C. invited Jeremy to try NC barbecue.......well...I’m just not a fan.  😝

of the barbecue.....lol.

Western Carolina BBQ or Eastern Carolina BBQ? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Western Carolina BBQ or Eastern Carolina BBQ? 

If they are in Asheville,  then they can only try the lesser BBQ.  They are too far west for the good shit. 

Great, now I want barbecue.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If they are in Asheville,  then they can only try the lesser BBQ.  They are too far west for the good shit. 

Great, now I want barbecue.   

Lol my dad's family is originally from Western NC. They think the state falls off and ceases to exist once you leave the mountains. I've never actually had Eastern Carolina BBQ. 

Jeremy can get the fuck out of my mountains, though. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
Just now, Zella said:

Lol my dad's family is originally from Western NC. They think the state falls off and ceases to exist once you leave the mountains. I've never actually had Eastern Carolina BBQ. 

Jeremy can get the fuck out of my mountains, though. 

I'm in the heart of ENC barbecue.   I'm out right now at dinner at an Italian place with a view of one BBQ joint.  The next block over has another one.  Then there's 2 other places in the county.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Okay, I know that Eastern NC is vinegar-based, SC is mustard (never had it, sounds gross). What's western NC's claim to BBQ fame? 

My friend in Asheville tells me it’s a very dark tomato sauce.  I can’t say that I have had it. It has to be better than Eastern....just not my thing.  I know many love it.  I like a mustard sauce better.

• Love 4
On 6/20/2021 at 8:09 AM, GeeGolly said:

As far as baseball, I'm a true Red Sox fan, but I will also root for whoever is playing the Yankees.

With this statement my mom would hate you and my dad would love you. Both my parents were born and raised in Philadelphia my moms favorite team is the Yankees and my dads favorite team is The Red Sox. I am surprised that my mom never got kicked out of Philadelphia because her favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Dang Jer is rooking OLD and rough ! 

1E3EED4C-2E0E-40BF-AE60-1C98F4449BFE.jpeg

Jer looks like he could be Jin's dad.  Jin is looking very smug these days.  Is Jer ever going to quit grifting and do something useful?  He's a schmuck and doesn't even know it.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking they will be deleting one of the responses soon.

Probably so, if they even look at the responses. The Vuolos do not really care how anyone else is spending their summer.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Apparently a fellow pastor/ speaker at Camp Abide: https://www.campabide.org/speakers

Based on how unflattering that picture is, I'm going to assume that they're mortal enemies engaged in a generations' long blood feud and not friends. 😂

Jeremy's bio on that website is . . . something.

Jeremy Vuolo is husband to Jinger Duggar (yes, from 19 Kids and Counting!), dad to two adorable girls, a former pro soccer player, a book author AND a current M. Div. student at The Master’s Seminary. Basically, he’s rad.

Jeremy is our headlining speaker at Camp Abide 2021. To say we’re excited about it would be like saying Jeremy is mildly fashionable.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Dang Jer is rooking OLD and rough ! 

1E3EED4C-2E0E-40BF-AE60-1C98F4449BFE.jpeg

Someone on IG asked why Jeremy is carrying a fountain pen behind his tie.....most likely in case he gets a sudden inspiration to add a Jeremy-centric chapter to "The Hope We Hold" before its second printing.

Guesses as to where they are going to travel this summer?  Well, let's see - they don't have jobs, so they can pretty much go wherever they want - based on the amount of Jeremy's weekly allowance from Johnny Mac, of course.  Assuming that Jeremy is spending all of his non food-scarfing time kissing the proper asses, I am going to say that they travel to Martha's Vineyard, followed by a relaxing stint on the beaches of Fiji, perhaps a short jaunt to Tuscany, and a quick Alaskan cruise with a brief mandatory stop at The Big House to see if Michelle remembers their names.  That sounds about right to me.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2021 at 6:27 PM, ginger90 said:

1D7F8C0F-460C-43B5-83AE-679AD33B196F.jpeg

0D421BEB-1DD1-404F-A66B-466F60F4D42F.jpeg

They have a picture of Velazquez’ Las Meninas on their wall - have they been to Spain, demonstrated an interest in 17th century court painters or art in general?  I love the painting but it’s not the first one that comes to mind to hang in my foyer.  I’m giving this a 4-star Pretentious rating. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Jeremy falls in the fair-to-middling category when it comes to looks, but he looks pretty good in that close-up. I'd be horrified if anyone even took a tight close-up of me like that and I'd kill them if they posted it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Zella said:

Based on how unflattering that picture is, I'm going to assume that they're mortal enemies engaged in a generations' long blood feud and not friends. 😂

Jeremy's bio on that website is . . . something.

I want to punch whoever wrote that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I want to punch whoever wrote that.

I can't figure out if he wrote it in third person or if someone else actually wrote that about him? Also who is the intended audience for this camp? Because I can't envision the people who would be jazzed about a week long expository preaching camp courtesy of 3 Masters Seminary peeps being all that enthralled with any of those bios. It just comes across as the world's weirdest teen Christian camp experience, but I am pretty sure no teens would be there. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

I can't figure out if he wrote it in third person or if someone else actually wrote that about him? Also who is the intended audience for this camp? Because I can't envision the people who would be jazzed about a week long expository preaching camp courtesy of 3 Masters Seminary peeps being all that enthralled with any of those bios. It just comes across as the world's weirdest teen Christian camp experience, but I am pretty sure no teens would be there. 

I looked closer at the website and it is indeed a Christian summer camp for teens.  It absolutely reads like the bios from the summer camp my son went to as a young teenager..."Joe is from Nashville, is a parkour champ and can play the ukulele!  You'll always be able to find Joe in the lunch line if the entree is mac and cheese!"

Jeremy's bio is so cheese-worthy, I can totally imagine he wrote it himself.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
Just now, laurakaye said:

I looked closer at the website and it is indeed a Christian summer camp for teens.  It absolutely reads like the bios from the summer camp my son went to as a young teenager..."Joe is from Nashville, is a parkour champ and can play the ukulele!  You'll always be able to find Joe in the lunch line if the entree is mac and cheese!"

Jeremy's bio is so cheese-worthy, I can totally imagine he wrote it himself.

LMAO I just went back and looked and saw that yep it is for middle school and high school. But this sentence just sounds riveting for the kids, yeah?

"Join us for expository preaching that moves, excites, and spurs students toward Christ."

• LOL 14
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What does it say?  I'm not on SM, except Instagram.

It is from Instagram. The way it was posted didn’t suggest that.

I sent it to you. 😁

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It is from Instagram. The way it was posted didn’t suggest that.

I sent it to you. 😁

Thank you.  Wow, that is some comment.  It's hard to believe someone could post that.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Jeremy, please stop putting stickers on your stupid face and telling us that your kid did it.  You've done that trope before.  You've also done coffee shops, shoes, hats, pocket squares, fountain pens, golf, food, desserts, travel and your book club to death.  You need new material.  Hey, I know!  How about showing yourself studying, like real students do?  Or working a real job, like the majority of the population typically does to afford the crap you keep posting about?  What a nice change of pace that would be.  You're welcome!

If he does all that, he may not have the time to keep posing for and taking pictures to post for strangers. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, man, I must be late. I checked their Instagram but I didn’t see any crazy comments. Anybody want to PM me with the comment?

It’s on the Hope We Hold Instagram.

I’ll send it.

• Love 1