Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Josie's sack of a tent dress looks like something my 300 lb Aunt wears to weddings!  Why the cardigan on Hannie?  Everyone, except Mackenzie look depressed.

Are they posing in a public bathroom stall¿

Edited by louannems
  • Love 24
36 minutes ago, louannems said:

Josie's sack of a tent dress looks like something my 300 Aunt wears to weddings!  Why the cardigan on Hannie?  Everyone, except Mackenzie look depressed.

Well she could be wearing the mustard colored cardigan.  At least this one goes with the peach color theme which I guess they were going for. 

I'm still speechless over Josie's tent dress. Not sure if the corsage makes it or breaks it. Lol.

• Love 16

The sweater is to disguise Johanna's bust line and more mature figure so she still fits with the younger girls.  My impression of the sack on Josie was a play on an angel costume, but in peach instead of white and skipping the obvious wings.  I believe these are Duggar attempts at sublety.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Josie's sack of a tent dress looks like something my 300 Aunt wears to weddings!  Why the cardigan on Hannie?  Everyone, except Mackenzie look depressed.

Sure sign of a happy heart, you know.

51 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

What in the fresh hell is she wearing??????????

I'd guess that 'Kynzie's wearing the top of her mom's tee-shirt-style wedding dress, with a few tiers of her grandmother's tin-man costume tacked onto the bottom as a skirt. ... All held together by some sort of sequined belt they nabbed off a prom gown from the Goodwill that they've been looting for dress clothes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Oh dear God.  Look at this mess.

5Girls.jpg

Surely the older girls here dressed Josie as a way of trolling Miracle, Me-chelle, and JimBob.  

At least we know we'll never see Felicity dressed in such a fashion disaster like Josie is here.  Jeremy wouldn't have it. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The sweater is to disguise Johanna's bust line and more mature figure so she still fits with the younger girls.  My impression of the sack on Josie was a play on an angel costume, but in peach instead of white and skipping the obvious wings.  I believe these are Duggar attempts at sublety.  

Yeah I agree. Johannah is young lady now (13 last month yes) and looks as such, not a “little girl”. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Surely the older girls here dressed Josie as a way of trolling Miracle, Me-chelle, and JimBob.  

At least we know we'll never see Felicity dressed like Josie is here.  Jeremy wouldn't have it. 

Dunno...he’s the one pimping this sad CD. If Felicity had been born a month earlier she might have been swaddled  in peach satin and propped up dead center.

I don’t want to know how screwed up a person would have to be to spend money to listen to a bunch of little kids caterwauling under the watchful glare of Jim Bob.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

You're right!  They have that cardigan pulled tight to cover the bust.  She must be advertised as a little girl.

• Love 4

Does Josie's dress have shoulder pads in it? 

Oh christ on a cracker, it looks like a ladie's large blouse, worn as a dress.  And can you see a knee on Hannie?  NIKE!

1 hour ago, Portia said:

These people SEW.  No one could take in that giant sack of a dress?  Poor Josie looks like Dobby clad in his pillowcase. 

Except Dobby has better hair. 

ETA:  Sorry, shouldn't make fun of how Josie looks.  But it's the fault of her sister moms, so I don't actually blame her. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7

A couple of thoughts...

Someone put foundation that is too light on them and they look deathly pale. 

The cute medium girl on the left had modifications to her dress to add sleeves and close up the scoop neck or she’s wearing a t-shirt underneath. Pathetic. 

Josie, why, yes, it does seem like a ladies full sequin blouse. Yes, it covers, but full sequins are age inappropriate for her age imo. 

Every store is doing free 2-day shipping. It would have taken NO effort to pick up gorgeous, matching dresses using a coupon if they wanted. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Does Josie's dress have shoulder pads in it? 

Oh christ on a cracker, it looks like a ladie's large blouse, worn as a dress.  And can you see a knee on Hannie?  NIKE!

Except Dobby has better hair. 

ETA:  Sorry, shouldn't make fun of how Josie looks.  But it's the fault of her sister moms, so I don't actually blame her. 

Poor Josie.  Her sister mom, whoever she is, is married with a family of her own, and Josie’s own self-centered mother still can’t be bothered enough to care how Josie looks.

ETA: Mechelle only cares about how she can use Josie and the lost girls to make money and stay relevant. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While the family would have qualified for foodstamps,  I can't see JB showing his financial records to a social worker. 

I see JB as the kind of guy that would have 2 sets of books.  Set A to appear legit and Set B to hide $ for Jesus  himself.

4 hours ago, Kbo said:

The only way I see getting joy from this CD is to take it to a white elephant swap and watch everyone’s growing desperation not to get stuck with it. 

Gonna be honest, that is where my mind went.  I would pay up to $5 but only if it made it to a Big Lots bin.  My coworkers would either hate me or wonder what the heck happened to me. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, sheshark said:

5Girls.jpg

Josie bugs me for no good reason but JEEZUS!  Put her in a dress that fits FFS.  Just recently saw the beginning of Kimmy Schmidt again and I could believe these were Mole Women dressed fancy.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 12

And the hair......the long, straggly hair.....

I don't think any of them are wearing foundation.  That's just the paleness that comes from poor nutrition and a lack of exercise and sunshine.  Unlike how you'd look if you went to school and had recess.  Like normal people.  That aren't them.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 17

I am clutching my pearls over how much makeup Johannah is wearing. It’s a lot of makeup for a 13 year old, but it especially seems odd in their modest 🙄🙄culture.

I don’t know a lot about curly hair, but I think one of the cardinal sins is to brush it. Of course no one can bother treating any child as an individual, so they just brush through Josie’s curls as they would <insert any J name> and call it a day.

• Love 4

Josie's dress looks so dated to me. Diana Ross had that dress in 80s/70s. It's way too big. But Josie looks good. Her face looks more mature.

The other girls' clothes at least look in step with the times. Jennifer is still in that bridesmaid dress from Kendra's? wedding. Hannie looks a lot like Jana. 

I don't think their eyebrows needed as much trimming as most of them seem to have had. Our society is obsessed with eyebrows, but I think most people's eyebrows look fine the way they are. It's clear their manager or whoever decided they needed mostly invisible brows. Hopefully it's just make-up. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I am clutching my pearls over how much makeup Johannah is wearing. It’s a lot of makeup for a 13 year old, but it especially seems odd in their modest 🙄🙄culture.

No the fundies really love makeup because that way you look at the face and not at the good bits.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

.The cute medium girl on the left had modifications to her dress to add sleeves and close up the scoop neck or she’s wearing a t-shirt underneath. Pathetic.

It’s a tee shirt under a sleeveless dress. 

1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

Josie, why, yes, it does seem like a ladies full sequin blouse. Yes, it covers, but full sequins are age inappropriate for her age imo. 

I would bet big bucks if she turned around we’d see either a bunch of clothes pins or safety pins.

Or maybe duct tape.

These people. I have no words.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, sheshark said:

5Girls.jpg

J'chelle must have picked out the clothes -- they look awful. 

The color is REALLY unflattering on Josie. The pink on one little girl clashes with the peach, and why is the other girl wearing silver? 

The dresses on the older two girls are fine but, of course, for the ill-fitting, unflattering cardigan.

I'm going to guess that this whole mess is a combination of home-sewn and thrift-store garments. I have nothing against home-sewn and thrift store garments (I've certainly worn my share), but they are supposed to be taking a photo to promote their new CD -- is this not a special enough occasion for a new dress? I can understand wanting to come across as relateable young girls, not spoiled TV princesses, but managing that without looking -- well, like this -- would take a lot of finesse, and the Duggars have zero finesse.

At least their hair is combed.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

And the hair......the long, straggly hair.....

I don't think any of them are wearing foundation.  That's just the paleness that comes from poor nutrition and a lack of exercise and sunshine.  Unlike how you'd look if you went to school and had recess.  Like normal people.  That aren't them.  

Also I’m of the opinion people shouldn’t wear clothing close to the color of their skin unless they are going for the naked look. The girls are all wearing a pink VERY close to the color of their skin, it just doesn’t photograph well. I wouldn’t be caught dead in a camel or caramel colored outfit for that reason. 

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

All of these dresses are available at JCP.com.  These tightwads couldn’t take $70 abd get the kid a nice dress that she couldn’t just pass on to Meredith in a few years? It’s not like they don’t all use the same wedding colors.  JB and MOTY are real bastards.  

332A2086-5019-44A2-82D5-1B69C61A6444.jpeg

D6455D49-D807-4295-9542-5FAA83F88EB6.jpeg

50955CAB-AC12-4911-AAB3-A9AD3A504F55.jpeg

885D780F-1F4E-44AB-821C-CAA0AB7C32C9.jpeg

Unfortunately, I think the 2nd and 4th dresses have Gothard Eye Traps with the sweetheart neckline and sheer fabric.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Unfortunately, I think the 2nd and 4th dresses have Gothard Eye Traps with the sweetheart neckline and sheer fabric.

In fairness, I don't  think @Ijustwantsomechips did an exhaustive search -- a few minutes at JCP.com was enough to find 4 suitable dresses. Had J'chelle put in ANY effort, she probably could have found some Gothard-approved clothes.

To me, it's really sad that they miss the opportunity of putting on a pretty dress and some new shoes and feeling like pretty girls. My parents didn't have much money when I was young, but there were multiple occasions where my mother made me a pretty dress, or my grandmother bought one for me, and I felt special, and pretty. Those are tremendously happy memories, and these girls won't get to feel anything close to that until they are sold to some fundie boy for baby-making duties.

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I'm trying to picture them with modesty tshirts underneath. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

In fairness, I don't  think @Ijustwantsomechips did an exhaustive search -- a few minutes at JCP.com was enough to find 4 suitable dresses. Had J'chelle put in ANY effort, she probably could have found some Gothard-approved clothes.

To be fair, I wasn't commenting on @Ijustwantsomechips search efforts. It is unfortunate that the Duggar daughters would not be allowed these perfectly appropriate dresses because the elder Duggars would likely declare them immodest.

• Love 5