Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Vaysh said:

She looks a lot like Jinger in that picture.

Felicity is a little doll, and I look forward to watching her grow!  

Jessa’s probably screwing Ben’s brains out trying to get pregnant with a girl. ??

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Ha! My granddaughter just found her toes, so they are going into the mouth pretty regularly now (she will be 5 months in just over a week). She still manages to scratch her face pretty regularly even with very sort nails, but has never really had mittens. The eyeball thing gives me pause, as I've never heard of a baby scratching herself where it would require medical treatment.

She also has a couple of headbands with little bows on them. In her case, though, they have the sort that are kind of little knots more than bows, and make her look slightly like a baby Tupac. And my son-in- law, being a semi-professional rapper in his spare time is all over that! LOL

Your granddaughter is so many kinds of awesome. ???

• Love 4

Felicity is such a beautiful baby.

And that is officially the ugliest Duggar headband yet. 

I've seen those mittens since I was a teen--they're definitely not a trend. I've seen babies scratch up their faces in 2 seconds. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I was trying to find a video of Jinger playing 2 pianos at the same time. No luck, but I know it’s out there. Everyone has probably seen this, but here’s one I did come across:

She was playing two pianos at the piano store this season, I think. 

• Love 1

Jinger's 'hitting the standard' comment to Jeremy was quite telling to me. We now know for sure that all of the Duggar children were put under stress to 'hit the mark' growing up. They had that perfect standard to aspire to. I think children should behave properly and mind their parents, yes, but their parents are extremists and have no real mind of their own. Not to mention, immature and compulsive in all they do and don't do. None of them, IMO, were happy growing up. Jinger's 'collar' has been loosened by Jeremy.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She was playing two pianos at the piano store this season, I think. 

The one I had in mind is from a while ago, at the TTH. I’ll come across it again, one of these days!

• Love 1

I was  watching a little of the old episodes of Counting On the other night (too many summer reruns), and I think during the second episode, Jeremy was shown with Ben and Derrick in a grocery store when the guys were buying items to make "baby food" for Jessa and Ben's baby shower. The fact that he was introduced as their friend Jeremy makes me wonder how long he and Jinger knew each other before they started their relationship. It also makes me wonder why Jim Bob seemed a little less enthusiastic about Jeremy compared to Derrick. It had to be Jessa and Ben who introduced Jinger to Jeremy. And I'm wondering if they were already involved when that baby shower was filmed, otherwise, why come all the way from Texas just for that?

• Love 6

IIRC, Jessa and Bin met Jeremy on a mission trip, Jessa decided he'd be perfect for Jinger and nudged Jeremy in her direction. As far as I know, Boob wasn't involved in them meeting at all. One thing I will give Jessa credit for, she's proactive as hell when it comes to getting things done. Boob was dragging his heels on her engagement, so she threatens to elope. She didn't want her bestie to wither away in the TTH, so she found her a husband. Now she just needs to do the same for Jana.

• Love 21

It wasn’t a mission trip.  Ben and Jessa were in San Antonio for one of their speaking engagements.  The person tasked with babysitting them ended up working/was otherwise busy so he told them about a bible study Jeremy was hosting that night.  Jeremy and Ben became friends and stayed in touch.  At some point Jeremy met Jinger over the next year.  Ben invited Jeremy on the Duggar’s mission trip (presumably for Jeremy to get to know Jinger more).  Then after the mission trip Jeremy asked JB to basically court Jinger.

They are kind of sketchy on the timeline but it seems like Jeremy and Jinger knew of each other for a year, courted for about 7 months, then were engaged for about 4 months.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 16

All correct. However, JinJer likely met in between the two events at Jessa's baby shower in October. They formally got together during that missioncation in December.

Now for a cute pic.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 23
5 hours ago, saylubee said:

It wasn’t a mission trip.  Ben and Jessa were in San Antonio for one of their speaking engagements.  The person tasked with babysitting them ended up working/was otherwise busy so he told them about a bible study Jeremy was hosting that night.  Jeremy and Ben became friends and stayed in touch.  At some point Jeremy met Jinger over the next year.  Ben invited Jeremy on the Duggar’s mission trip (presumably for Jeremy to get to know Jinger more).  Then after the mission trip Jeremy asked JB to basically court Jinger.

They are kind of sketchy on the timeline but it seems like Jeremy and Jinger knew of each other for a year, courted for about 7 months, then were engaged for about 4 months.

Yes. Ben & Jessa met Jeremy while Jessa was pregnant (they were visiting Texas), Jessa thought he was cute and would be good for Jinger. Jeremy visited the Duggars in October 2015 for Jessa’s baby shower, he went on the Dec 2015 mission trip of that year to get to know Jinger better. They were “talking” for several months before he asked to court her officially in June 2016. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. Ben & Jessa met Jeremy while Jessa was pregnant (they were visiting Texas), Jessa thought he was cute and would be good for Jinger. Jeremy visited the Duggars in October 2015 for Jessa’s baby shower, he went on the Dec 2015 mission trip of that year to get to know Jinger better. They were “talking” for several months before he asked to court her officially in June 2016. 

Didn't Jessa say she liked Jeremy's sweater and thought he make a good match for Jinger because he was stylish? I remember wondering if nice sweater was code for handsome.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Jessa say she liked Jeremy's sweater and thought he make a good match for Jinger because he was stylish? I remember wondering if nice sweater was code for handsome.

Yes Jessa said she saw Jeremy and that Jinger liked guys who wore sweaters like that. 

Which is code for “this dude is cute, my sister would dig him, that’s her type.”

• Love 16
On 8/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, lascuba said:

Felicity is such a beautiful baby.

And that is officially the ugliest Duggar headband yet. 

I've seen those mittens since I was a teen--they're definitely not a trend. I've seen babies scratch up their faces in 2 seconds. 

Lascuba, I have to disagree with you regarding the ugliest headband.  IMO the ugliest one, by far, was the fake-pigtails headband.  I found a pic online of Josie wearing the God-awful thing, but I never could get it to post here.  If anyone else can post it, please do.  You have to see it to believe it!

• Love 12
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Lascuba, I have to disagree with you regarding the ugliest headband.  IMO the ugliest one, by far, was the fake-pigtails headband.  I found a pic online of Josie wearing the God-awful thing, but I never could get it to post here.  If anyone else can post it, please do.  You have to see it to believe it!

HA! You're absolutely right. I'd blocked that thing from my mind. Although now that I think about it, picking the fake pigtails as ugliest is like picking Josh as the worse Duggar--it's so obvious that it doesn't have to be stated.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I was born in the 60's.  My hair fell out when I was about 2 months old and nothing grew in until I was just over 2 years old.  My mother Scotch Taped Satin bows to my bare head so folks would figure out I was a girl.  Because, ya know, the pink ruffle dresses, with the tights and pretty shoes wouldn't have clued anyone in.  True story.  

My mom taped bows to my head, too, because I was bald until I was nearly two. Also the 60s!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, jcbrown said:

My mom taped bows to my head, too, because I was bald until I was nearly two. Also the 60s!

At least she didn't use a thumbtack!  The pigtail baby thingie is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I was born in the 60's.  My hair fell out when I was about 2 months old and nothing grew in until I was just over 2 years old.  My mother Scotch Taped Satin bows to my bare head so folks would figure out I was a girl.  Because, ya know, the pink ruffle dresses, with the tights and pretty shoes wouldn't have clued anyone in.  True story.  

My mom did that too! 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

My mom did the scotch tape bows on me, too! They also called me bald bean cuz I was almost four before I got hair. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Marigold said:

No snark here.

Those fake hair pig tails are probably the stupidest thing I have EVER seen a parent put on a child.  

And then Anna borrowed it and put it on poor Mackenzie!  These people have zero awareness.

Edited by farmgal4
Changed a word
  • Love 7

Fessing up to using Surgilube in the ICU to put bows in little bald girl's hair. The mother's loved it, honestly. But very unlike the Duggers penchant for ugly gender "costumes". 

Josie's an unfortunate-looking Duggar and that monstrosity on her head was beyond the pale.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

19 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Cigarettes, lead paint, or asbestos? Which do you blame?

• Love 6
On 8/24/2018 at 1:17 PM, farmgal4 said:

And then Anna borrowed it and put it on poor Mackenzie!  These people have zero awareness.

Because GOD FORBID a child not meet the gender-specific "correct" hair standard set by creepy Gothard instantly, from birth.  UGGGGGGG

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

She is adorable, but it would be nice to get one picture without a headband. At least this one isn't as big as her head..

I personally agree on the headbands, but it’s probably regional on top of personal taste - it’s a double hit of the south re Jinger’s taste in baby girl accessories, between Arkansas and Texas.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I love headbands on baby girls. 

It looks like Felicity will have dark eyes like Jeremy.

i do too. my DIL puts huge bows/flowers on my new granddaughter.  about felicity...her eyes are blue.  are jeremy's blue as well?

10 hours ago, zoomama said:

i do too. my DIL puts huge bows/flowers on my new granddaughter.  about felicity...her eyes are blue.  are jeremy's blue as well?

They probably won’t stay blue. Babies’  eyes change color over time. Google says probably between six and 12 months of age. Google also says they turn darker, not lighter. Her eyes already look pretty dark, so probably going to change to Brown. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

She is adorable, but it would be nice to get one picture without a headband. At least this one isn't as big as her head..

I liked the one as big as her head. Because I could pretend it was a hat and not a headband.

• Love 6