Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Normades said:

I'm from the south, too, but I've seen it done both ways.  I guess it depends on who you know.  I just thought it sounded funny to me that Jinger wouldn't be able to care for her own child.  I guess it would be nice to have help, but personally I would not want someone moving in with me for a week.  For me, that would only add stress and feel overbearing.  To each their own, I guess.

My 2nd and 3rd kid were just 16 months apart and I begged my mom (who didn't work) to come  stay with me a few days just to tend to my 16 month old.  She said she had 5 kids and never had any help. 

Yes, but she did stay in the hospital for 5 days, in the fifties, and us kids were all farmed out with relatives and neighbors those first 10 days!

She did relent and sent my old aunt for 10 days;  my mom paid my aunt! The aunt was an angel and cooked and cleaned and took care of the toddler.

But honestly, after a few days, I couldn't wait for her to leave!

I do realize that Jinger is used to hoards of people around and may relish the company.  It can feel very lonely tending a new baby. But she has been quite alone the past 2 years and after a day or two, might wish they all leave.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

When Josie is around 25ish will she be yelling I AM NOT JOSIE GROSSIE!

If I were to guess I would think that Jessa and Jill are a little envious that it seems Babe and Jing decided to do things their own way rather than the Duggar way.  I think their marriage will benefit from their time actually getting to know each other without constant visits from family and a honeymoon baby.  I may have said it before or I may have just thought about it but I think Babe and Jing moving to CA for his school would make for some interesting viewing.  

I do not find Babe and Jing interesting enough to watch at anytime. I would rather have a pap smear, colonoscopy, and have fillings put in all my teeth all in one day than watch the two of them. Getting married and having a child is done everyday in the world, so Jinger and Jeremy are nothing special.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not find Babe and Jing interesting enough to watch at anytime. I would rather have a pap smear, colonoscopy, and have fillings put in all my teeth all in one day than watch the two of them. Getting married and having a child is done everyday in the world, so Jinger and Jeremy are nothing special.

Plus, there's just no "edge" there, no conflict. Who wants to watch Jinger simpering and defering to Jeremy all day?

• Love 11
(edited)

I think Mechelle and Jana are in Laredo. They were absent from a group family shot taken over the weekend at the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, IL. We already know that Jessa didn't go, since she was spotted at Tacos for Life with Sierra.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Really?  Well, maybe, it's just customary, but, in the south, it's very common for the new mother's mother, or mother figure, to come and stay with the couple for a few days or even a week after the baby is born, especially the first baby.   I have a friend who even hired a dula to help her, as she was a single mother.  I don't think I know of anyone who hasn't done that......lol.  Oh well, I thought it was like that with everyone. lol 

Some of my family is southern, and we don't do that. Not every southern family does things the exact same way. Rinse and repeat. 

• Love 13

My sister-in-law had twins almost four months ago. She also has a two year old. Her husband took three months off from work. She also had either her mom or sister stay with her 24/7. She still has a sister staying with her now. She claims she cannot handle two babies and a toddler, as if it is just impossible and thousands of people don't do it every day. I mean, I get that twins are hard, but seriously!

Sorry, off topic. My mother stayed with me for a week after all four of my kids. I did not want  her to come, but she forced herself upon me. Here's hoping that Jinger has a stronger backbone than me, if she needs it!

• Love 5

Sometimes I wonder if Jessa and Jinger lost some of their closeness after they married.  When my cousin moved from China to Canada for school, he made friends with people who he never would’ve hung out with in China because no one else was there.  It could’ve been the same for Jinger and Jessa - by default they became the closest.  It seems that Jinger’s made some real friends now - good friends, by the looks of the baby shower and gifts they received.  So she may not depend on Jessa for companionship anymore, and treats her just as a sister instead.  Interesting to me how she seems to need Jana, rather than Jessa flying over and leaving the kids. 

• Love 11

Felix is a Nordic ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? name (I think), Jeremy could honor the year he spent playing second division soccer in Suomi Finland ??. Oulu is coastal and probably has a significant Swedish speaking population. Finnish ?? would be Veele.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

Sometimes I wonder if Jessa and Jinger lost some of their closeness after they married.  When my cousin moved from China to Canada for school, he made friends with people who he never would’ve hung out with in China because no one else was there.  It could’ve been the same for Jinger and Jessa - by default they became the closest.  It seems that Jinger’s made some real friends now - good friends, by the looks of the baby shower and gifts they received.  So she may not depend on Jessa for companionship anymore, and treats her just as a sister instead.  Interesting to me how she seems to need Jana, rather than Jessa flying over and leaving the kids. 

I think you're 100% correct. Regarding Jana, my guess is she got the invite because Jessa can't go anywhere without Bin and the boys in tow. Spurge and Henry are cute, but if I were trying to rest, recover and breastfeed the last thing I'd want is someone else's children in my house. It's just too much noise and disruption. Not to mention, Jessa isn't exactly generous when it comes to helping others. She'd probably do nothing but whine and demand Frappuccino's.

• Love 13

Jin knows who would be most helpful, without distractions like other kids (Jessa.)  While she might have felt an obligation to invite Mama, I'm pretty sure Jin knows who is most experienced, without pretending to have skills she truly doesn't have (Jill.)

Just supposition on my part, of course.  

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think you're 100% correct. Regarding Jana, my guess is she got the invite because Jessa can't go anywhere without Bin and the boys in tow. Spurge and Henry are cute, but if I were trying to rest, recover and breastfeed the last thing I'd want is someone else's children in my house. It's just too much noise and disruption. Not to mention, Jessa isn't exactly generous when it comes to helping others. She'd probably do nothing but whine and demand Frappuccino's.

Jana and Jinger might have gotten closer when the other girls married since they (and Joy) were the only older girls left at home for a while. 

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

Sometimes I wonder if Jessa and Jinger lost some of their closeness after they married.   So she may not depend on Jessa for companionship anymore, and treats her just as a sister instead.

Unfortunately, I don't think Jessa and Jinger are as close as they used to be.  On their last "Tell All" I noticed that they didn't interact very much.  As a matter of fact, I was very disappointed with Jinger's behavior.  She clung to her husband and treated her siblings as though they were strangers.  

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

Someone is holding Josie (age 8) up, of course.

37684208_1657961080969361_4391191378227363840_o.jpg

I’m freaked out. I zoomed in on this photo and I swear I saw one of the mouths move. Maybe it said, “Nike?” 

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Jessa and Jinger are as close as they used to be.  On their last "Tell All" I noticed that they didn't interact very much.  As a matter of fact, I was very disappointed with Jinger's behavior.  She clung to her husband and treated her siblings as though they were strangers.  

I could totally see Jinger knowing she is the "cool" Duggar and it going to her head a little. I'm not saying she is stuck up, or a bad person, but that is normal! All her life, she was the Duggar that was just kind of...there. She wasn't Mommy's favorite (Jessa), Daddy's favorite (Jill), or the useful one (Jana). She didn't grow into her looks right away like dominant bestie Jessa. She wasn't one of the stars of the show, and didn't seem to have the personality for it. I could see her feeling pushed aside and irrelevant until baaaaabe came along. Now, without having to be outgoing (because baaaabe is, and they've gotten a lot of praise because of Instagram, not the show per say), she is suddenly the fan favorite! She probably feels she and Jeremy are a class above the other Duggars, and I could see Jeremy at least subtly encouraging that line of thought. If she does feel above them, I do think that's normal, as she has come way up in the world. However, every star has its fall, and I hope she (and Jeremy) are prepared for that. After all, it was once Jill who was the golden girl, riding high...

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Abe seems really tan.

I think we’ll be hearing a courtship announcement from him soon. Someone seems to be a little side-huggy with Tad over there.

• Love 6

How nice of Dreck to clean up, put on a black suit, bow tie and stand on a box next to Jim Blob...

Am sure faux Abe and Mary Todd Lincoln both threw up in their mouths a little when they saw Joshley in the photo with them......

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Hmmm... I would not say Jinger made some real friends because I bet dollars to donuts the baby shower, gifts and people showing up were just for show and to make a point of how well Jinger is doing away from the family. I would not be surprised if the baby shower is shown on the show. Just like Deredick and Jilly Girl saying how hard it was to leave Danger America because they made a lot of new friends there. Right...

3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I am not surprised. Except for Jessa and possibly Joy, Jill and Jinger cling to their husbands because they are the first man outside the men in their family to show them the time of day. Marriage is the Duggar version of playing house, having babies and still acting like a silly teenage girl with their first major crush for Jill and Jinger.

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I could totally see Jinger knowing she is the "cool" Duggar and it going to her head a little. I'm not saying she is stuck up, or a bad person, but that is normal! All her life, she was the Duggar that was just kind of...there. She wasn't Mommy's favorite (Jessa), Daddy's favorite (Jill), or the useful one (Jana). She didn't grow into her looks right away like dominant bestie Jessa. She wasn't one of the stars of the show, and didn't seem to have the personality for it. I could see her feeling pushed aside and irrelevant until baaaaabe came along. Now, without having to be outgoing (because baaaabe is, and they've gotten a lot of praise because of Instagram, not the show per say), she is suddenly the fan favorite! She probably feels she and Jeremy are a class above the other Duggars, and I could see Jeremy at least subtly encouraging that line of thought. If she does feel above them, I do think that's normal, as she has come way up in the world. However, every star has its fall, and I hope she (and Jeremy) are prepared for that. After all, it was once Jill who was the golden girl, riding high...

She's always been a bit stuck up, though. The rolling her eyes at everything? Having the gall to criticize the Bates' prairie dresses? Her being the stuck up funny looking Duggar girl is why the phrase "Free Jinger!" got started on TwoP. 

I think the feeling that she was better/smarter than everyone else was likely her and Jessa's main bonding point. Those two are the only ones sharp enough to be routinely embarrassed by their family. For all the talk of Jessa being the dominant one in that relationship, I think Jinger was an active participant in that dynamic and was happy to let Jessa be the fall girl. That episode when Jinger admitted to telling Jessa everything she wanted with the apartment but letting her be the one Jeremy blamed tells me everything I need to know about Jinger and her relationship with Jessa. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

She's always been a bit stuck up, though. The rolling her eyes at everything? Having the gall to criticize the Bates' prairie dresses? Her being the stuck up funny looking Duggar girl is why the phrase "Free Jinger!" got started on TwoP. 

I think the feeling that she was better/smarter than everyone else was likely her and Jessa's main bonding point. Those two are the only ones sharp enough to be routinely embarrassed by their family. For all the talk of Jessa being the dominant one in that relationship, I think Jinger was an active participant in that dynamic and was happy to let Jessa be the fall girl. That episode when Jinger admitted to telling Jessa everything she wanted with the apartment but letting her be the one Jeremy blamed tells me everything I need to know about Jinger and her relationship with Jessa. 

Very true. I definitely see her letting Jessa take the fall! I think Jinger is okay, but I definitely am not enamored with her like a lot of viewers are. She is cunning in a way that comes off as very passive, and that is something that really irks me in others. I'd rather hang out with someone like Jessa who owns up to her schemes. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

Very true. I definitely see her letting Jessa take the fall! I think Jinger is okay, but I definitely am not enamored with her like a lot of viewers are. She is cunning in a way that comes off as very passive, and that is something that really irks me in others. I'd rather hang out with someone like Jessa who owns up to her schemes. 

Oh, god, same! I'm still annoyed at Jinger for saying, "I'm just not very opinionated!" when Jessa called her out on the apartment redecorating. I might have actually said, "Bitch, please," outloud  when she said that. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Is he getting up to take care of the baby or does it all fall on Jinger (unless Jana is there.)

Of course it falls on Jana. Jeremy gets up to drink the coffee Jana made and to post things on Instagram.

• Love 14
On 7/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, Farmfam said:

Aww, I love “old” names. My daughter was almost an Eleanor to be called “Ellie” - it will grow on you and suddenly no other name would have been right. Congratulations!

My cousin’s wife had their first baby, Eleanor Marie, last June. They call her Ellie. Ellie’s mom’s middle name is Marie. I guess it really is a thing to use your own middle name, if you have one, to avoid playing favorites or inadvertently offending a relative who wanted their name to be used!

Ellie’s paternal grandmother, my aunt, is Evelyn Theresa. She has always hated her name, so she’s gone by Terry since she was 18! Even she didn’t like Evelyn, which is so weird bc it’s semi-trendy now. 

On 7/20/2018 at 10:02 AM, Nysha said:

Unless they have a lot of close Catholic friends, which given their belief that Catholicism is a wicked cult I'm sure they don't, they would not know that Felicity is a common Catholic Confirmation name. To them, it's a little-used virtue name. I wonder if future siblings will include Patience, Honor, Justice, and True.

My great-niece is named Eleanor but is called Ella. Her newborn sister is named Delilah.

Is it wrong that I would find it hysterical if a Duggar and a Kardashian shared the same name?

• Love 8
On 7/20/2018 at 3:24 PM, ramble said:

My first thought was maybe they secretly watched Arrow. Ha! I like the name but then again Spurgeon doesn’t bother me too much. I grew up with several kids named their mother’s maiden name, a couple of which were unfortunate. Spurge isn’t so bad. The founder of IT Cosmetics just had a baby and named her Wonder. 

From your lips to God’s ears!

They’d both be defrauded by Stephen Amell on the salmon ladder in earlier seasons! 

• Love 3
On 7/20/2018 at 10:13 PM, asuwur said:

I guessing for his somewhat contradictory behavior...meaning it was less than angelic.

Every single student I’ve ever had that was named Angel has been a total devil! 

• Love 4

I had some extra time, so I went through first few pages of some couple's threads.

People than said that Jinger does not look happy with Jeremy, that he is too old.

Jill was thought to find a good one. She was said to look happy and that she and Derek look good together.

Jessa and Ben, too young and immature, what the hell are they thinking etc (spent the least amount of time on that thread)

It's funny how things work out in the end. I wonder how will other couples progress - Joe and Kendra, Lauren and Josiah - was their first impression wrong

Ontopic - I like Jeremy's instagrams posts. I have a six month old baby who doesn't like to sleep from day one

• Love 9
(edited)

Ugh, the coffee post or the sleep post individually are funny for a 1st time parent. But the 2 together make me think Jeremy is going to be one of those 1st time parents who humble brag like they're the only person with a kid. Or in Jeremy's case, letting all know he's helping his wife with their newborn. I'm guessing spit-up and/or diaper content posts are next up.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 23
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I find it difficult to believe that Jinger's parents would not go and visit her and the baby. And, I can't imagine that Jeremy would be opposed to that. Maybe, it's being filmed, or maybe it's not and they are going low key, but, I can't imagine that they are just doing it all on their own without family help of some sort. 

We put a moratorium on visitors and that included grandparents. My mom didn't come until eldest was 7 weeks old, youngest was a tad sooner only because we originally wanted her to stay with eldest while I had youngest. That didn't happen, so she came later. We lived out of the area of family and the last thing I wanted was visitors. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Ontopic - I like Jeremy's instagrams posts. I have a six month old baby who doesn't like to sleep from day one

I think they are pretty funny. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Bridget said:

From your lips to God’s ears!

They’d both be defrauded by Stephen Amell on the salmon ladder in earlier seasons! 

They’d probably be the only people delighted that Nyssa was forced to marry straight.

imagine their reaction to my queens Nyssara.

• Love 2

Although I'm not personally a fan of the name Felicity, I'm glad they chose it for their daughter.  They likely aren't going with a "letter theme", a religious theme (Israel, Samuel), a conservative preacher theme (Spurgeon and Henry Wilberforce, or whatever his middle name is), a general conservative theme (Gideon - I hear that and think of the Gideon bibles in hotel rooms), or even a family name (Garrett).  It's just a name.  And I doubt they knew it had a Catholic connotation - I'm a born-and-bred Anglican, and had no clue that it's chosen as a Confirmation name by Catholic girls until I read that here.

It appears as though they just chose a name they liked, like millions and millions of people every year.  I could be proven wrong, but so far there hasn't been a story behind the name.

• Love 13

I have never understood the point of putting bibles in hotel rooms.  Personally I think an unopened box of condoms would be more useful, but does anyone really, pull out the bible to read at a hotel room?

• Love 20
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I have never understood the point of putting bibles in hotel rooms.  Personally I think an unopened box of condoms would be more useful, but does anyone really, pull out the bible to read at a hotel room?

I have, but only because I like to snark on it.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ugh, the coffee post or the sleep post individually are funny for a 1st time parent. But the 2 together make me think Jeremy is going to be one of those 1st time parents who humble brag like they're the only person with a kid. Or in Jeremy's case, letting all know he's helping his wife with their newborn. I'm guessing spit-up and/or diaper content posts are next up.

I agree, and I find it annoying, coming from Jeremy. He seems the type to throw at least a mental hissy fit that he is not the center of the universe anymore, and not like the work associated with a baby. I also doubt he is keen on giving up any comforts. Coming from nearly anyone else, I would find it funny, but I always suspected that he would be a wimp about parenting / not like the attention the baby takes away from him, and now it seems I'm likely right. 

• Love 9