Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jinger has stated before that attending births isn't her thing. In the article she said she's worried about labor, delivery and baby size. IMO, she's going to deliver in a hospital or a birthing center. Parents-to-be invite family members to hospital births all the time. 

They have a 4 bedroom home - a master, an office, a nursery and a guest room. I'm guessing Michelle and Jana are invited to stay at the house and the others will have to put themselves up in a hotel, unless TLC will be there. If TLC isn't comping hotel stays and airfares, I'm guessing only mom & Jana will be there.

Some new moms want people around in their home to 'help out'. I didn't want anyone around for more than an hour or two and even that was too much sometimes. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinger has stated before that attending births isn't her thing. In the article she said she's worried about labor, delivery and baby size. IMO, she's going to deliver in a hospital or a birthing center. Parents-to-be invite family members to hospital births all the time. 

They have a 4 bedroom home - a master, an office, a nursery and a guest room. I'm guessing Michelle and Jana are invited to stay at the house and the others will have to put themselves up in a hotel, unless TLC will be there. If TLC isn't comping hotel stays and airfares, I'm guessing only mom & Jana will be there.

Some new moms want people around in their home to 'help out'. I didn't want anyone around for more than an hour or two and even that was too much sometimes. 

It might also not be Jessa's thing either, which is why Jessa has not been reported to come. I don't believe Jinger attended either of Jessa's births, or if she did, she wasn't heavily involved.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It might also not be Jessa's thing either, which is why Jessa has not been reported to come. I don't believe Jinger attended either of Jessa's births, or if she did, she wasn't heavily involved.

Also Jessa has two small children to care for. I’m sure she will visit Jinger after the baby is born but when people have small children, traveling to visit you (even for a good reason) is lower on their priority list. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

What I was trying to say is that Michelle and Jana are just as much a disaster team as Jill. They encouraged Jessa to give birth at homebirth. There probably was another anonymous midwife, but People listed her midwives as Jana, Michelle, another J-girl, and Guinn.  When I read the People article, I remember thinking it was probably Michelle telling Jessa she didn't want to go to the hospital.  Jessa could have bled to death if she hadn't made it to a hospital in time.

I'm still holding out hope that she will have the baby at a hospital and/or have competent people delivering the baby. But it seems less likely from the article!

It's frightening that the four 'midwives" they listed off for the People "reporter" are even less midwives than Jill. If such a thing is possible. They truly have no clue whatsoever. And, I suppose, they firmly believe that they're all under some "umbrella" that keeps the worst consequences away. After all, that's what Gothardism, just like Scientology, teaches really. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also Jessa has two small children to care for. I’m sure she will visit Jinger after the baby is born but when people have small children traveling to visit you (even for a good reason) is lower on their priority list. 

That's true for Jessa, but I don't see that holding back Jill. 

• Love 4

Let’s see now, Jana has been at how many births? And easn’t she dragged along in Jill’s midwifery training as her accountability partner? As I recall, she didn’t like it very much. 

Dear God, after seeing that many women in labor  is it no wonder the poor dear doesn’t want to get married?!

• Love 17

I would enjoy a plot twist where the Vuolos gave the wrong due date to JB and Michelle, just like Alexandra did to her mother-in-law Queen Victoria. The baby shows up and they're like "Oh, must've been premature".

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, of course they want Jana there. Who else is going to cook, clean and do laundry while Jinge is recovering? 

But, but, but, that's probably exactly why Boob and J'chelle will make Jana stay home - who else will cook and clean and take care of everyone at TTH?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

And there's Michelle, sliming her way into more filming. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOU, EVER. GO AWAY.

With one big slimy exception....JB does. And I think he still has his greasy mitts all over this show. And he probably negotiates more $$ for home births. And bodily fluid drama of any kind (in his warped mind)  = ratings = more show = more money for Mullet and him.

• Love 4

Please, for the love of Whoever rocks your boat Jinge, do not let Dr Jill Medicine Woman within an asses roar near you. She will one day far too soon kill herself, her baby or her sisters.

I just don't get it - don't they ever LEARN? I mean most of us will learn from our experiences, be they good or bad, but no Duggar ever has shown an ounce of common sense, or worked on him/herself to be a better person

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also Jessa has two small children to care for. I’m sure she will visit Jinger after the baby is born but when people have small children, traveling to visit you (even for a good reason) is lower on their priority list. 

Right, whereas Michelle's a definite to attend because she has no young children to look after ;)

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, graefin said:

Right, whereas Michelle's a definite to attend because she has no young children to look after ;)

Exactly! Johannah needs to get the change to stretch her sister Mom muscles. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, drafan said:

With one big slimy exception....JB does.

Oh he still wants to see himself and Michelle's exonerated and put back on the tube.  

At at least she's had years to practice stilting "mother is bleeding" to camera ready perfection. I'm really concerned for Jinger.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, JoanArc said:

And there's Michelle, sliming her way into more filming. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOU, EVER. GO AWAY.

Unfortunately, there are people who are still complaining that J.B. and Michelle ( and the younger children) are not featured. They don’t hang out much on this forum. If you check out the family/ friend run forums, blogs, etc, you’ll see them.  They also want Josh, Anna, Derick and Jill featured.   They even want the Duggars to negotiate a deal to be on the UP network because they feel TLC is unfair to them.  

I think that is why we do see J.B., Michelle, and the younger kids occasionally. 

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jill was in Danger America when Spurge was born

eta: I'm pretty sure they showed facetime at some point in the labor. 

And yet Jill is always blamed for Jessa's near death birth.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

And yet Jill is always blamed for Jessa's near death birth.

Who's blaming her? I don't remember seeing any posts or articles blaming that near-disaster on Jill. 

• Love 9

I'm guessing the delivering moms are shrouded in sheets to protect their privacy.

I'm imagining whoever is delivering the baby covered in a sheet like Casper the Ghost, painstakingly making her way out the sheets when the baby is delivered.

They obviously have a lot of 'equipment' we don't see because Jessa delivered Henry sitting on the living room couch and they still have the couch.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, asuwur said:

^^^^^^^This × a million^^^^^^^^

I had no need for a gaggle in the room with my hooha out in the wind.....and the fact these insanely modest people are so into having everyone up in their birthing experience, floors me...

It's all they've got. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It's all they've got. 

Exactly. No graduations (not really), first apartments, dates, award, new jobs, time to themselves, personal growth, etc. It's literally their only note, so they play it for all it's worth.

• Love 14

I cannot help shake the feeling Jinger's new look is a major STFU!!! message to the heathens. Yes, a Duggar daughter can get married, not get pregnant right away, and look half way good while she is pregnant. Plus the fact Kate is a lot more classier, attractive, smarter and more of a role model for young women than Jinger will ever be.

18 hours ago, Libby96 said:

I don't understand the inviting a whole army of people to the birth regardless of where it is taking place.  How many people do I really need observing me pushing 7 or 8 pounds out of my nether regions?  I was perfectly fine having just my husband there and the necessary (licensed, actual, trained) medical personnel.  Everyone else, my parents included, could come a few hours later when my baby and I were cleaned up and I'd had a sandwich.

Can you imagine the pre-Elizabeth II days when queens had to give birth in full view of a crowd of people?  There's stories that Marie Antoinette fainted and someone had to break open a window to revive her because it was so hot due to the number of people present (including two chimney sweeps!).  George VI ended that rule in England because he didn't want his daughter to suffer that indignity.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Can you imagine the pre-Elizabeth II days when queens had to give birth in full view of a crowd of people?  There's stories that Marie Antoinette fainted and someone had to break open a window to revive her because it was so hot due to the number of people present (including two chimney sweeps!).  George VI ended that rule in England because he didn't want his daughter to suffer that indignity.

On the bright side, it was probably the most exciting thing to ever happen to the chimney sweeps...

• Love 18

The comparisons to Kate are so funny to me, because I suspect that Kate isn't a fan of the type of wardrobe she has to where as a royal. Don't get me wrong...she dresses incredibly well, but it's all kind of boring. She dresses like an incredibly stylish, young-in-spirit 60. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Ha, just imagine being royalty at that time and having the CONSUMMATION (/possible conception) witnessed by a crowd . . . . 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I cannot help shake the feeling Jinger's new look is a major STFU!!! message to the heathens. Yes, a Duggar daughter can get married, not get pregnant right away, and look half way good while she is pregnant. Plus the fact Kate is a lot more classier, attractive, smarter and more of a role model for young women than Jinger will ever be.

I haven't said anything to earn a STFU from Jinger Vuolo! ;) 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Libby96 said:

I don't understand the inviting a whole army of people to the birth regardless of where it is taking place.  How many people do I really need observing me pushing 7 or 8 pounds out of my nether regions?  I was perfectly fine having just my husband there and the necessary (licensed, actual, trained) medical personnel.  Everyone else, my parents included, could come a few hours later when my baby and I were cleaned up and I'd had a sandwich.

I agree. However this is a trend. I think it peaked a decade or so ago, but it start at the end of the '90s. I've mentioned this before, but I have friends who always remind of the Duggars. One in particular likes to pack her hospital with girlfriends/sisters/her mother as well as her husband. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mynextmistake said:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what has Kate Middleton done that makes her a role model? She seems like a nice enough woman and a good mom, at least as far as I can tell from People magazine interviews, but all she really *did* was land Prince William and therefore a clothing budget that allows her to dress more classily than any average woman. I would prefer my daughter look up to accomplished women who have done more than marry well rather than to either Jinger or Kate. 

Preach. I'm sure Kate is a nice person, but I'm not impressed with someone whose primary achievements are 1. Working in her parents' business while she waited for her boyfriend to make up his mind, 2. Marrying said boyfriend, 3. Having some kids. Titles and "royalty," although I do like to follow said royalty and wish I had a tiara, are purely a social construct. I'd be disappointed if my daughter chose waiting for her boyfriend over pursuing a career. 

Back on topic: Jinger looks very nice. What a contrast between her clothing and Jessa's skintight, butt-crack enhancing skirt worn when in labor with Spurgeon. 

• Love 18

I saw an Aldi’s commercial today featuring a guy who looked like Jeremy. He was stuffing his ears with toilet paper so he wouldn’t be able to hear a couple of kids who were screeching away on violins. It was surreal. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what has Kate Middleton done that makes her a role model? She seems like a nice enough woman and a good mom, at least as far as I can tell from People magazine interviews, but all she really *did* was land Prince William and therefore a clothing budget that allows her to dress more classily than any average woman. I would prefer my daughter look up to accomplished women who have done more than marry well rather than to either Jinger or Kate. 

Kate has been out in the real world and has actually help others which we can say is much more than Jinger has done. What has Jinger done with her life?  And Jinger did work in her "family business" before getting married before daddy found a man for her and her main goal in life is to please her husband and start having kids and being a television star. I would rather watch Kate than Jinger.

I wish I could as looked as stylish as Jinger when I was pregnant, I was way more Joy than Jing 

I was as big as an elephant and flat out refused to spend anymore money on clothes I wouldn’t get the wear from

• Love 8
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

THANK YOU! It's like how the fundie girls that everyone likes are the ones who most perfectly fit the fundie female role. Jana is the hardworking "sweet" one, and until Jill got engaged and got (even more) annoying, most of the internet loved and praised her for being such a good "mom" to her siblings. And now Jinger is the one who bagged a somewhat less odious fundie husband who "lets" her wear pants so she's awesome even though she's incapable of expressing a single opinion about her own damn kitchen until Jeremy shows up.

• Love 8

If that’s your preference, that’s great. The point I was trying to make is that I want my daughter to look up to women who have bettered their own lives and the lives of people around them through the exercise of positive character traits, not through marrying the right guy. I’m sure Kate Middleton does do some charity work; what else does she have to do all day? However, let’s not kid ourselves, she’s not Eliza Doolittle. She went from a very upper middle-class family to a prestigious college back to a very upper-middle-class family and then married into royalty. Good for her, but I don’t find that particularly laudable.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

If that’s your preference, that’s great. The point I was trying to make is that I want my daughter to look up to women who have bettered their own lives and the lives of people around them through the exercise of positive character traits, not through marrying the right guy. I’m sure Kate Middleton does do some charity work; what else does she have to do all day? However, let’s not kid ourselves, she’s not Eliza Doolittle. She went from a very upper middle-class family to a prestigious college back to a very upper-middle-class family and then married into royalty. Good for her, but I don’t find that particularly laudable.

I see your point of view, but if I had to choose between Jinger and Kate, I would take Kate every time. A young lady can better their own lives and the lives of others without daddy finding a man for her or by marrying into royalty. Sad in some circles a woman is not considered something without getting married and having kids right and left or marrying a certain type of guy.