Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Start Spreading The News

• Start Topic

I don't miss Heather and Kristin.

Lol, oh man. Shows you how boring Kristin was. I noticed the absence of Heather right away, but I had 100% forgot about Kristin. It was your post that made me remember she had even been on this show. 

I was lol over Beth noting that the new girl is too skinny.

I had to wonder if this was really her being concerned over the girl just being TOO skinny, or if she was pissed that they got someone skinnier than her to appear on the show. 

Jules description of why her husband married her after running around with 6 foot Eastern Europe types because she was the least Jewish looking option makes him sound like a complete asshole.

Holy yes, that was awkward. She basically said that he knew he had to pick a Jewish girl, so he picked her because she was the best looking of the Jewish girls, but if he had his way, he'd have married a Romanian Ice Princess. 

So, was the point of Dorinda telling John to give money to the (apparently) homeless man some kind of redemption plan from last year's faux pas story of thinking a lawyer in a wheelchair was begging for spare change?

Oooh, I had forgotten about that. Maybe you're onto something. Yea, "Here, let me pull out my giant wad of cash and hand you a $5 bill". I'm not saying you should give all your money away to a homeless person. Many of them do buy drugs with what they receive. You can never be sure. But it just seemed offputting to have such a large wad of cash and then it was like patting a little kid on the head, like he didn't know the value of a dollar. 

• Love 16

After a stale RHoBH season, I found it refreshing.

I liked Bethenny's hair until lunch at Catch with Dorinda and Jules.  A side part should only start right above your ear if you're rocking a comb-over.  I do think she seems more pointed and harsh this year with her criticisms. 

I think Carole and Adam are sweet together.  I don't buy that she's just now noticing that Ramona talks a lot though. 

I think Jules has had to defend herself previously to friends who are professionals.  I did the same thing at a point until I came up with the answer, "No.  It's just what works for our family."   Few still balked after that, and those that did eventually came around to the benefits of it when they had me pick up their kids from school or activities.

The Luann and Sonja roommate scenario might provide endless enjoyment.  At least I hope so.

Ramona is Ramona.  She neither bothers me enough to want her gone, nor brings enough for me to look forward to her scenes.

• Love 13

The upcoming season previews looked juicy! This episode, maybe not so much since so many comments so far have been about hairstyles lol.

For me...

Best thing about the episode: me rolling my eyes at Bethenny commenting on how skinny Jules is...in earshot of the girl too!

Worst thing about the episode: Jules willingly and proudly allowing her child to manipulate her at meal time. Her apparent enjoyment when he had his unearned popsicle was distasteful to me.

Yes, they are probably both 'worst thing' examples but I couldn't think of a proper 'best thing' example and I did enjoy rolling my eyes at Beth!

Ps. Yes, Carole was joking that Baby is a service dog.

• Love 11
And Dear God, WHY was Carole carrying her dog's poop around in a cup and taking it INTO stores and placing it ON their counters??? No. Just no. 

And then Carole sat on the counter! Why? You are in a store! Why are you sitting on a display counter?!

• Love 18

Talking about sex neither makes you good at it or a good partner.

Having extra Eskimo teeth doesn't make you good at Brain Salad Surgery. I can see that becoming a trend in the future - going to the dentist for more teeth?

About dogs and kids?

Dogs should be treated as family, welcome and made to feel safe. But I draw the line at the 'service dog' bullshit that people pull - that and holding the dog and allowing it on to or near the table. It's not cute. I am not the kind of person that gets grossed out by pet hair, but pets should stay on the ground.

Kids? Yes, cut their hair so you don't get a fucking attitude when I call your little boy 'cute' and ask how old she is?

And you want a popsicle? Next week - now you are going to sleep you little bastard.

Betheny is the insufferable twat that knows the boss, so she can do what she wants. But be warned, do not talk or attempt to put her in her place because she will start to cry about being bullied and how terrible her life is. She is a nasty asshole who doesn't have the 'self awareness mirror' in her home. The idiots that work for her are so in awe of her that they don't see themselves quitting after a few months of her bullshit.

I thought it was funny that she has such an 'open stupidity' workplace, then falls apart when she gets a bill? Wait until people start to screw off and take advantage of this?

Carole, Shut up....oh, she has......that means whenever she talks, she shouldn't. She's an annoying bitch, that adds nothing to the season.

Dorinda. Her BF adores her, yet she treats him like crap. That is a relationship for a therapist to ponder. Is he in it for the abuse and is she in it for the dominance? 

I am stupefied that people are so fucking crass and impolite as the group was at that lunch they had.

Now, everyone talks about everyone else, but mother of god, do you have to do it while people are sitting next to you?

The comments about being chubby, R2DS and eating disorders?

So much for having manners?

• Love 10

Woohoo! My New York Bs are back! Yeah I agree it wasn't the most riveting episode but, as mentioned, the previews for the upcoming season look pretty good.

I thought Carole and Adam were cute/sweet together.  I like that Carole is just as surprised as anybody that they are still together.  I agree that setting the cup of dog poop on the counter was gross. Like, isn't there a garbage can every few feet in NYC?  She did mention the dog was sick, though.  Maybe she needed a stool sample to bring to the vet? In any case, DON'T SET IT ON THE COUNTER.

I am missing Heather, though.  Holla (said in sad panda voice).

bosawks, on 06 Apr 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

Beth needs to spend more time in the doobievator so she can calm the fuck down.

This x 100 bajillion (also BWAH - hilarious!)  She appears to be more manic and mean-spirited than ever.  Whoever mentioned her poor employees was right.  Imagine THAT as your boss every single day?  I think I'd rather work at McDonalds than deal with her narcissism, pessimism, and just plain annoying-ism. 

I guess she and Marcus Lemonis are no longer an item.  I wonder if that was who Ramona was referring to when she asked her about "dating somebody over the summer." 

That said, her hair looks good. She's got such thin hair, and I think a shorter 'do makes her hair look much healthier and gives it some perceived thickness. Much improved over those limp locks she's sported for the past decade.

And yes, her little snide comments about new girl Jules's weight was laughable. And ridiculous.  Yes, Jules is thin, but no thinner than Carole or, hey, YOU, Beth. 

snowblossom2, on 06 Apr 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

I know this is superficial but I thought Dorinda looked busted. It's the weight loss in her face combined with her teeth

This is the perfect word to describe Dorinda. She's got a nice figure, usually dresses nicely, and has nice hair (really like her new cut).  But her face is busted.   And her tasted is men leaves something to be desired too.  What a strange couple they make.  Although Beth annoyed me with her complaining and negative THs about all the women, I did appreciate her "spilling the tea" about some of the stuff that had gone down the past summer, namely the J &D stuff.  Interesting.

QuoteSpeaking for myself, they're boring, limited as shit and need to get a hobby..several hobbies. They live in frigging New York City--do any of them ever hit a museum, Broadway, a restaurant which hasn't paid an appearance fee to them or do anything other than be self absorbed? Boring, boring, boring

I mean, when you are filming a show, it's not just as easy as simply walking into a restaurant or a museum.   I'm sure many places have strict regulations about that kind of stuff, and some places outright forbid filming.  So I'm sure most of them DO go to the theatre and museums, or what-have-you, but that doesn't mean we are going to see it. 

• Love 12

Beth needs to spend more time in the doobievator so she can calm the fuck down.

Doobievator is my new favorite word. I need an analogous saying for the parts of my neighborhood where someone's obviously wake-n-baked in a big way before I get out on my run in the morning*. 

*Pot is legal in DC, but pot before 6 a.m. will never not confuse me. 

Forgive the crudeness of the question, but I've been wondering this my whole life. What's with the carrying home of the panties post-hookup? Don't most people remove their underwear before sex? And don't you clean up after? Is it really preferable to go commando rather than put on a few hours old pair of panties? And if you have a freakish aversion to a day's old thong, can't you store an extra in your purse for your walk of shame? Is there a genuine reason to walk home with your panties in a brown bag like Bethenny describes? Is she attempting to preserve DNA? I don't get up.

Agreed. You can always turn them inside out, ladies. No matter what happened during the day, it only happened to the inside bit of you drawers. 

Speaking of the "employees" in that "office" (can a display case for Skinnygirl shit really be called an office? I just looked behind me, and I'll admit to having some company branded crap on the shelves next to my desk, but it's useful stuff like mugs, not rows and rows of salad dressing) -- has Bethanny had the same person working for her more than one season since leaving RHONY the first time? There was that blonde woman who worked for her in late RHONY and BGM, but I don't think I've seen the same worker bee twice since. 

Also, I love the whole pot calling the kettle eating disordered thing at lunch. Sweetie, just because you don't stick your fingers down your throat doesn't mean you don't have a problem. I've read your books. They're basically guidelines for anorexia with a side of spinach. 

Jules clearly thinks she's going to be able to take on these women and come out looking good. Jules is wrong. They will break Jules. And I can't say I'll be sad about that, because she kind of seems like a terrible person. 

I'm a little worried about LuAnn and Sonja being segregated. We had Bethanny/Dorinda, Bethanny/Ramona, Ramona/Carole, and Bethanny/Dorinda/Jules, but then the Countess and Sexy J stuck off in that townhouse, all alone, talking about Inuit teeth and blow jobs. (It may have been my favorite scene, but I am concerned that they're being sectioned off from the rest of the group). 

• Love 11

Dorinda and Ramona's twenty year friendship can bite me. They might have known each other that long and been casual friends but by their own admission they had never been to each others home so using the number to imply a deepness/closeness annoys.

I was watching one of the earlier seasons and Dorinda was with Ramona at some fashion show (not the infamous fashion show in which Ramona was a model). I think I recall seeing her in another episode too.   No idea how close they are, but it seems that Dorinda and Ramona did actually have a relationship that goes back some years. 

• Love 1
(edited)
I mean, when you are filming a show, it's not just as easy as simply walking into a restaurant or a museum.   I'm sure many places have strict regulations about that kind of stuff, and some places outright forbid filming.  So I'm sure most of them DO go to the theatre and museums, or what-have-you, but that doesn't mean we are going to see it.

I think this is likely true. When I go to our local art museum, it's very clear that we're not allowed to take pictures or videos of the art. So I'm not sure how you could film in a place like that. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3
(edited)
ghoulina, on 07 Apr 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

I had to wonder if this was really her being concerned over the girl just being TOO skinny, or if she was pissed that they got someone skinnier than her to appear on the show. 

I think you're right, she's pissed about somebody skinnier.

Edited by SugareeMagnolia
  • Love 8

Can someone explain what you mean that Dorinda's face is " busted?"

In Ramona's early TH's, I thought her eyes looked very stretched and cat-like, but later on they seemed fine. So, maybe just me.

• Love 2
Dorinda. Her BF adores her, yet she treats him like crap. That is a relationship for a therapist to ponder. Is he in it for the abuse and is she in it for the dominance?

I think he and Dorinda like to party together, like, a lot.  She's not intending to marry him, and he has money so he can take her out and treat her in style, so she's good with him as a rich, party-hearty boyfriend.  He gets to have a tall blonde on his arm, and in his bed. 

It's not like Dorinda is so very classy, and she's too good for him, like Ramona was trying to sell in her TH.  I don't see how she's too good for him or classier - we've seen Dorinda after a couple of drinks and there is nothing classy about her, her potty mouth, or the way she attacks people when she's drunk and emotional. 

• Love 14

The season has started and what was said?

The cntless and Sonja talking 'bout head.

Bethenny's back with her new 'tude

but she is still uncomfortably rude.

Dorinda to john, did she get meaner?

in the end, he'll be taken to the cleaner

Ramona, ah, she's still a good fit

now she can shop her new pair of tits

Awkward and sober, she's turned a new leaf

But probably the same, deep underneath?

Ramona's is happy, she not a loner

But probably lost, around a new boner.

Not so with Sonja, She is too slick

and she's not a stranger to any old dick

often she's flighty, her mind is all scattered

look at her life, it's always in tatters.

Popsicles, dogs and camera stores

how many epis before we are bored

vacations, gossip, and dinners from hell

and what other drama? to early to tell?

Fighting and quoting, Please play the tape

he said, she said and more housewife hate.

Sometimes we hope for more 'upper classes'

and we get stuck with the same fucking asses.......

• Love 15

Carole it the quintessential elitist hipster douchenozzle.  OF COURSE THAT IS NOT A SERVICE DOG! She feels entitled to bring her dog anywhere she wants. Into stores. Restaurants. Who knows maybe even Church if she ever went in one except to pretend that she gave a shit about her dead husbands corpse.

Speaking of shit Carole is so entitled and self important she thinks it is appropriate to bring the dogs shit into a store! Think about that one for a minute. She couldn't take a minute to put it in the trash. Who does that?

I guess it all goes back to her shit. You realize she thinks that it doesn't stink.

• Love 21
(edited)

I want to know what exactly is in the job description of the women who work in B's office. I always thought her staff were personal assistants and office staff who pay bills, type, make phone calls. Yet B is blustering around the office talking about how it's essentially  their job to create and deploy a marketing strategy. WTF? That's like going to my doctor and expecting the receptionist to perform surgery. Then one of them presents her with personal bills to ok payment for. So are they supposed to create a brand strategy between paying bills and making lunch reservations? What an ass!

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 14

And then Carole sat on the counter! Why? You are in a store! Why are you sitting on a display counter?!

When I was a kid I went to the bank with my mom and ended up with trying to pull myself up to see what was happening. I had my hands and nose on the edge of the teller window and my mom told me NOT to do that because women set their babies asses on there to do their transactions, Then I took some infectious disease classes (don't ever to that) I am even more offended by people that sit on ANY COUNTERS, People that sit on kitchen counters are a super peeve to me, that and bringing little animals into a business and setting them down where people are doing their transactions....

• Love 6

Finally it has been brought out in the open that Dorinda has a drinking problem and is a mean drunk. Because all she did last season was deny, deny, deny. Nobody challenged her on it except Heather ,and well, we see where she is now. I liked Heather. 

Bethenny was  insufferable on WWHL last night. I can't believe how much of what she was saying was bleeped out. Either she was cussing too much or she was giving too much information about what's to come.  Either way, Andy didn't look too pleased. She said the cast this season all get along, she loves them all, she's very close with Carole and they are all friends, WTF? Now every nasty fight and back stabbing comment is going to seem anti-climatic for me. Thanks, Bethenny.

Ramona and Bethenny both talk to fast. Jeez. 

Is Bethenny really running her Skinny Girl empire in that apartment with just 2 employees? Looks to me like she made all her money from that Jim Beam sale and now she's trying to pump some life back in to her other Skinny Girl products which aren't doing so well. Didn't she say the line was getting stale and she needed to come up with new ideas?  

Maybe the produces need to re-think the new girl angle. The married hip mom living downtown with 2 small kids didn't work for Kristin and I don't think it's going to work for Jules. Boring.

• Love 9

I think what pisses me off about Bethenny last night she wanted to compare her mother's situation and possibly Jules eating disorder. Yet! Last season wasn't she the one telling Ramona she is not a doctor to tell Sonja she was a drunk. Wasn't her mom or both her parents drunk when she was a kid? I think Bethenny wanted to cover her tracks because she already knew she put her foot in her mouth.

• Love 7

Can someone explain what you mean that Dorinda's face is " busted?"

In Ramona's early TH's, I thought her eyes looked very stretched and cat-like, but later on they seemed fine. So, maybe just me.

Not just you, bunny rabbit!  Ramona's one Dr. Sharon Giese procedure away from looking like a gotdamned conga drum (with an annoying voice and poor verbal skills.)  She's such a worthless, rude fuckstain, but kadooz on at least being divorced, BETHENNY. 

Speaking of thin bitchy bitches: I vote she's jealous of Jules.  She who openly discussed having not-husbands pay her bills needs to shut the fuck up about wives having access to *family* funds.  She's a wife and a mom, she's got a life too - and she would still have human value no matter what that Adderalhead twat says.  Jules may be a crass dingbat too but the idea that everyone else is a lazy loser because they don't have an anorectic brand to their name is so fucked up. 

I miss Holla and Kristen (/small voice).  I think they are both good people who value friends and family...no place for them on this show. 

I would be surprised if everyone but Carole *wasn't* a problem drinker/snorter.  John, Dorinda, Bethenny, LuAnn, Sonja, Ramonster and Jules each seem off in pretty big ways (coke, wine, hard liquor, diet drugs).  And I thought Carole and Adam were sweet and connected (/small voice).  Though I say the vet-bound dog stool sample belongs not on a counter, CAROLE.

I missed these broads even though I now like only maybe Carole. 

ottergirl, loved the 'Hamilton' stuff upthread, and high five for also thinking Sonja's not nice at all -- it's just obscured by what a drunken manipulator she is. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Welcome to season two of 'Bethenny Starting Over'.  OMG, shut up Beth.  You're not all that.  For a woman with a failed marriage, a divorce you just can't seem to settle, and a brand that is going nowhere with an office staff of three (?), who are you to judge everyone else around you.  Oh BTW, my closet is bigger than yours Beth (Sorry, I just couldn't resist because she's just thinks she's so much better than everyone and this is what I'm getting out of this show).  Her apartment is so dull.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Beth say she 'had' a mother who had an eating disorder?  I guess from that statement she died or Beth divorced her.  Sad since the woman had a disorder and was a battered wife but....it's all about Beth's pain.  And then we have to listen to her complain about the electric bill.  Well, life is not all about 'winning'.  Build a bridge and get over it.  Settle.   Life isn't so bad for you Beth.  Yeah, the new boyfriend reminded me of Jason as well.  I laughed when Dorinda said that.

Shut up Ramona.

Watched Beth on WWHL.  I think the number one person who up Beth's butt is Andy.  I wonder what the 'female' problem was that she keeps mentioning the doctor asked her if she had a living will.  Doesn't seem like she went through chemo or anything so I can't help but think that this has been a Yo exaggeration.  The censors were busy tonight.  No chastising from Andy.  Cause she's Bethenny....

My take on that was that it was just a cute-ish attempt at an excuse to take the dog into the store...real therapy dogs usually have tags on their collars proclaiming 'therapy dog' or some such as proof. I know, I used to own a real therapy dog who visited nursing homes on an almost daily basis.

Bethenny...bored by her and her schtick is beyond old. Every 'witty' quip feels rehearsed in front of her mirror and revolves around sex, genitals and equally high school cleverness. 40-ish + year old women, supposedly sophisticated and reasonably educated virtually entire conversations revolve around their sex-lives, dissing everyone they know and drinking.

Speaking for myself, they're boring, limited as shit and need to get a hobby..several hobbies. They live in frigging New York City--do any of them ever hit a museum, Broadway, a restaurant which hasn't paid an appearance fee to them or do anything other than be self absorbed? Boring, boring, boring. And Bethenny can get off my TV now and forever; she's an obnoxious, self-centered mean girl who wallows in whatever it is she has over Andy Cohen and Bravo. Make her take her crappy products and go away. I'm a very long way from a prude but she might want to maybe get her fucking mouth out of the gutter and expand her conversational attempts beyond vaginas and blow jobs.

Bethenny is more bitter and nasty than ever.  Her talking heads used to be witty and biting, but funny.  Now they are just mean spirited. Pot meet kettle with the too thin comments.  I would have loved Jules husband to have asked Bethenny why she finds it so funny that he is short. She is just f'ing rude. She just met the two of them and while at the same table calls the wife as having an ED and the husband R2D2.  She is such a jealous bitter hag.  Jules is pretty, has a working marriage and a man who actually supports her as opposed to Bethenny's disaster of a marriage.

The comments about Luann, Sonja and John/Dorinda really opened up Bethenny's vault. Remember how she threatened Ramona in the past about having/keeping a lot of secrets? Looks like Bethenny is the tattletale this season. Girl Code my ass.  This is where the power structure is a bitch. The others are afraid to tell her tales for fear of getting fired.  So no payback for Bethenny. Just like her sob story of being alone all last season was never contradicted by the fact that she was dating, this year we will never learn of what is really going on in her life.

Carole can shove it with her therapy dog bullshit. People like her ruin it for those who actually need a therapy dog. And keep the shit off the counter.  Hold it in your hand or get a bag and keep it away from people.  No one needs to be smelling that.  I think the mohawk is just another poseur bullshit thing of Carole's.  Leave the dog some dignity.

ETA -

It has been reported that Bethenny's health scare was fibroids.  Ramona I think said it in an interview.  

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 9

Bethanny seeing shades of her mother in other people is the biggest crock of bullshit EVER! If she wants to see dear old mom all Bethanny has to do is look in the mirror. 

You know what I just noticed? Didn't see any kind of big trip abroad featured in the preview. This gives me the sads! I love when the NY wives go to exotic foreign locales. I did see them on what appeared to be a party bus of some sort and it looks like they are in a casino. So maybe another trip to Atlantic City or some other local casino? Snooze. 

Ugh, that scene in Bethenny's office with those, poor, poor, poor women who have to work for Bethenny made me cringe & shudder.  Oh my goodness, those women have my deepest, deepest sympathies having to endure working for Bethenny.  If they don't laugh at her stale jokes they must get fired immediately.

On the plus side, at least they don't have to work in Bethanny's living space. Now that just seems like hell come to earth. Like having to work in a viper's den. I'm am sure there is and always will be too much sharing on B's part and the employees still get entangled against their will in her personal bullshit but at least it is an actual office.  I LOL when B saying that she didn't want walls and cubes which explains the open space. Wouldn't want to give anyone of her employees a feeling of having boundaries or their own spaces.

The Bethenny thing is funny to me.  I do wonder if she's "on" something - she is manic and frantic.  And her so-called business acumen is, literally, laughable.  Her big insight is that you have to be disruptive?  Use social media? Not just have launch events and tastings?  Her strategic advice to her interns is to have sex in the office, as long as they're being creative? And to be more like a Kardashian?  Honestly - this is delusional.  At one time, she did seem to have genuine business savvy.  I don't know if this was just a bad scene, but - yikes.  (And of course, we have an entire scene about Bethenny building her brand, a full on commercial. It would bother me more if it weren't so incompetent!)

I think B is in some ways a one hit wonder. She basically shot all her creative wad on the skinnygirl margarita. Sure, it only takes one idea to turn paupers into millionaires and B had hers and kudos. However, for someone in constant need of the spotlight, praise and admiration and who also sold that baby to another company she may now feel like a mother without a child.  Right now all she is really doing is slapping her name on other people's products. It is not a bad way to make money but I don't think it is sticking to the wall like she would like. 

• Love 18

Watched Beth on WWHL. ...  I wonder what the 'female' problem was that she keeps mentioning the doctor asked her if she had a living will.  Doesn't seem like she went through chemo or anything so I can't help but think that this has been a Yo exaggeration. 

I'm calling fibroids, and asking about a living will is just SOP when hospitals do procedures and is not reserved for people facing imminent death.  Sheeeeesh.

Carole has had PTSD before and she might still have an anxiety disorder, so the service dog may have been for that.

Except dogs for PTSD aren't "service" dogs; they're "emotional support" dogs.  Real "service" dogs are trained to do a specific task for a person with a disability, and they're the ones that are allowed to go anywhere, like restaurants where animals are otherwise not allowed.  Emotional support dogs, even if they have a card calling them a service animal (which you buy on the internet), are NOT real service dogs and they don't trump any "no animals allowed" laws or policies. 

Interesting article here about the phenomenon, including taking an alpaca into a NYC drug store and an emotional support turtle into the Frick:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/pets-allowed

Finally, Carole - THE WRITER - "On a scale from 1 to 10, how much are you going to miss Baby and I?".

I cringed, but then I remembered hearing David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker, saying "for my wife and I" in a Fresh Air interview, and no way am I going to hold the people on RHoNYC to a higher standard than that.

• Love 10

Bethenny just had to get some digs in about paying for bills AKA- Jason still living at their old apartment. She should listen to Ramona on this and give up her vendetta. Chalk it up to experience, and that she got a beautiful daughter from the marriage. Love her hair, noticed her face and lip fillers ( you cannot be that thin w/o looking gaunt in the face).

Sonja's daughter was sent to boarding school- wonder if Sonja's messy behavior had anything to do with that? With that huge townhome, she doesn't have a proper guest suite? Lu has to shack up in the kid's room?!

I really like Carol, and she does deserve some happiness, but her relationship with the bohemian boy toy just seems off to me. More power to any 50+ woman that has a fling with a hot young guy, but not long term. Twenty years ago Adam was barely 9 years old, but Carol was living her famously tragic life. He is almost too young and green to even realize what he would be giving up by making a long term commitment to her. It almost seems like she is trying to be something she isn't, or isn't any longer. C'est la vie- to each their own I guess!

Ramona should visit Bethenny's hairstylist! She is still a wackadoo!

Luanne sounds so raspy! I would not want Sonja's fingers in my mouth!!

• Love 6

Is Bethenny really running her Skinny Girl empire in that apartment with just 2 employees? Looks to me like she made all her money from that Jim Beam sale and now she's trying to pump some life back in to her other Skinny Girl products which aren't doing so well. Didn't she say the line was getting stale and she needed to come up with new ideas?  

All of her non Skinny Girl business is licensing. The bulk of Donald Trump's business is licensing too and his company has maybe 100 employees.

I think several of them have been on Adderall or something similar over the years.

Probably. I recall hearing that Katie Couric's trick for being "on" was Adderall and nicotine gum.

• Love 3

I feel like Carole is trying waaaaay too hard with Adam. It's like everything she does is trying to convince him how young and fun she is...carting a dog named Baby around, plopping herself up on counters, etc.

I would give Carole (or any writer) shade about "Baby and I," if she WROTE it in a blog. But in casual conversation, everyone makes grammar/word choice mistakes, even the best writers. I don't think being a writer automatically equals speaking perfectly. The true work and craft in writing is finding your voice, and then in the reviewing and editing and re-writing.

• Love 10

Ugh, a bunch of shallow drunks. Add stupid in for Luman and Sonja. Carole seems to think she is better or above the rest? LOL    

They all said and did a lot of offensive things last night.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thought Sonja's daughter started boarding school before this year. Wasn't the alleged problem with Sonja and the trip to NJ in the limo because her initial arrangement for who was going to watch her daughter when she came home for the weekend fell through?

I was happy to see LuAnn is only spending some weekends at Sonja's, not moving in for months at a time. But yeah, that NYC pied a terre was too expensive for her without someone else paying the bill (wasn't it like $15k a month?). Maybe the marriage is partly due to finances, which doesn't make her much different than many but does indicate she wasn't taking as good care of her money as some of us thought.

While my first thought of Jules was "jeez she is thin!," B can stop with commenting on it. Or claiming her knowledge of eating disorders is from her relationship with her mother.

She can also stop with the office drive-by fake visit. All the office supplies are bright red? Yeah, branding, but only for the show. Poor employee props. She's not doing the marketing since all she does now is license to companies that really do the work of selling. I couldn't follow the comparison to the Kardishians - she she really say they are the new Kennedys?

I hope Carole was joking about the service/emotional support dog, but who knows. And while I think, as other have said, the dog poop was for a trip to the vet - first off, if the dog is sick don't go running around town with the poor dog, too stressful. And put the specimen in a bag, and keep it off counters. The fake coffee cup was just so stupid, and so Carole. Again with the trying too hard to be cool. But since last year she thought driving on the handlebars of the bike while barely holding onto the dog was fine, I am not surprised, but am disgusted, at the idea she took a sick dog out on the town to use as a prop for the show.

I think Carole was referencing the new musical Hamilton with that quote. Points for knowing about it (and I can't imagine most of the woman going to that show).

Since none of these woman seem to work full time, Jules shouldn't feel awkward about being a SAHM. But when she referenced her husband dating Eastern European models, I didn't think she was referencing Jewish women. Though if he was the one who is more religious, I can't understand why he would seriously consider s non-Jewish wife. Or maybe that was dating with no intention of marrying.

Sonja spray painting her outdoor furniture at night was one of that saddest things we've seen.

I can't with Dorinda and John. They do seem mis-matched. I can understand she is not a fan of public kissyface, but at some point either he should have gotten that message, or she needed to decide to go for it or dump him.

Ramona seems unchanged, though the divorce dig at B was more intelligent that I would have given her credit for.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 3

I see Carole and Bethenny as different sides of the same annoying coin. Both trying desperately hard to be something they are not. Carole with the young hipster doofus attitude and Bethenny with her ball busting, of so witty, professional woman schtick. Posers both of them, desperate for attention and validation, and so very, very tiresome and dated.

• Love 11

When I was a kid I went to the bank with my mom and ended up with trying to pull myself up to see what was happening. I had my hands and nose on the edge of the teller window and my mom told me NOT to do that because women set their babies asses on there to do their transactions, Then I took some infectious disease classes (don't ever to that) I am even more offended by people that sit on ANY COUNTERS, People that sit on kitchen counters are a super peeve to me, that and bringing little animals into a business and setting them down where people are doing their transactions....

The filthiest surfaces are not those sat upon by a clothed bottom. The true culprits are our hands, so beware door knobs, light switches, keyboards, and phones. I haven't touched an elevator button in twenty years, and I avoid public door knobs like the plague. I would sit on my kitchen counter without shame, and my makeup is always done seated on my bathroom counter.

• Love 8

Beth, you have always been my girl, but wow that apartment is awful...it has about as much warmth and charm as an ice pick...and you are coming off just as brittle and cold as the apartment.  You have your little girl, money out the whazoo, talent and humor - lighten up for goodness sake!

Dorinda, I like you too - but one word - Menopause - get some hormones (and. yes. I am right there with ya and hormones HELP.) and loose that chump/chimp John. He is not a good look for you.  Let him move in at your own risk.. If you do, you will never shake that joker.  Hell, I'd start drinking heavily too.

Carol - I have tried to like your hippy, dippy Earth Motherish persona, but there is some weird/off undercurrent that makes me *shiver*.

Ramona, Lu and Sexy J - just keep on keeping on.  Y'all will never change and that is okay by me.

Newbie girl - quit playing with your stringy hair and keep the brats and R2D2 off-camera and you may have a chance.  But probably not.

All of the Housewives need a new hook, but for the life of me I can't figure out what that hook should be.

• Love 3

I'd rather spend breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktail hour with John than be around Beth for even fifteen minutes. She's every bit the unpleasant twunt that Aviva was, and I can't fathom why Carole would willingly want to be good friends with her.

From what could be seen of Sonja's bathroom, it looked like the wall, moulding, and tile were all covered in the same green paint. The hell?

I liked the episode, minus the Beth scenes. So, thanks for the ten minutes of good tv, Bravo.

• Love 4

Jules description of why her husband married her after running around with 6 foot Eastern Europe types because she was the least Jewish looking option makes him sound like a complete asshole.  

Not only an asshole, but stupid.  Has he never heard of a Russian Jew?  Does he think that all Jews look like Rhoda Morganstern?

And then of course, what a lovely display at lunch with the Jewish stereotypes.  Complains and rich.  Wow.

• Love 5

Oh man, just as I feared, everyone is afraid of getting on Bethenny's bad side and going the way of Kristin because she's got mad power with Bravo and Andy.  I hated how Dorinda apologized incessantly the minute she said something that seemed to irk Bethenny.  You could tell Jules was so uncomfortable because it was obvious Bethenny wasn't taking to her (jealous of the young, skinny girl with a mega-rich husband, perhaps?), hence all the hair play.

See, this is precisely why I'm out this season.  I have zero desire to see those idiots fawn all over Beth. No thank you. 

• Love 3

The filthiest surfaces are not those sat upon by a clothed bottom. The true culprits are our hands, so beware door knobs, light switches, keyboards, and phones. I haven't touched an elevator button in twenty years, and I avoid public door knobs like the plague. I would sit on my kitchen counter without shame, and my makeup is always done seated on my bathroom counter.

You are right.

As I said, take an infectious control class and it will cure you of sitting anywhere you may want to prepare your meals? And pretty much any surface you put your hands on!

• Love 2

Finally, Carole - THE WRITER - "On a scale from 1 to 10, how much are you going to miss Baby and I?".

Seriously.  I came here to say the same thing.  I am so disappointed.  I can't stand it when half the population (at least) uses the "I" incorrectly but an educated and paid writer?  Carole!  And please, stop referring to yourself as a girl.  You're a woman or a lady.  Own it.

I love Bethenny's hair.  I actually liked her clothing as well.  She looked very nice.  Her apartment isn't my thing but whatever.

I can already tell that Jules will get on my last good nerve.  You don't "negotiate" with your child.  If he doesn't eat his dinner, he doesn't get a Popsicle.  If he's going to whine and cry about it, take your happy ass to your room.  Simple.  He's behaving like this at 5, he's going to be a nightmare as a teen.

I did notice that Jules gave her dog a "normal" name (Zoe) while naming her daughter after a locale (Rio.)  Is she friends with Peggy from the OC?

Ramona looked good and seemed happy, as she liked to tell us.  Of course.  Her lunch with Carole was a hoot - - total Ramona.  Does she even breathe?

Dorinda looked nice.  Her boyfriend gives me the creeps.  I remember her daughter not liking him last season.  Since her daughter is 22, maybe Dorinda should consider why her daughter doesn't like him.  It's not like she's a moody teen and/or isn't ready to see her mom with another man yet.

LuAnn and Sonja are LuAnn and Sonja.  Talking about bjs and teeth.  Keep it classy.

• Love 10

QuoteSpeaking for myself, they're boring, limited as shit and need to get a hobby..several hobbies. They live in frigging New York City--do any of them ever hit a museum, Broadway, a restaurant which hasn't paid an appearance fee to them or do anything other than be self absorbed? Boring, boring, boring

I mean, when you are filming a show, it's not just as easy as simply walking into a restaurant or a museum.   I'm sure many places have strict regulations about that kind of stuff, and some places outright forbid filming.  So I'm sure most of them DO go to the theatre and museums, or what-have-you, but that doesn't mean we are going to see it.

Yes, you're right and I was probably not clear in my point...they're in NYC, unarguably one of the most fascinating, culturally rich and diverse cities in the world. Clearly we don't see their 24/7 lives but not even a hint, an off hand comment about some exhibit, some play or concert? Nada, unless it was just another excuse for a new dress in some probably made up by the producers charity thing, another excuse for another staged argument. Okay, yes, Smile Train is real and I hope they made some real money but still...for people who are supposed to be intelligent, educated and sophisticated, have any of them ever read a book? They don't seem like it to me. It may generate higher ratings to present the cast as superficial, immature bitches but, speaking for myself, it ain't working for me.

For what it's worth, other reality shows have filmed in museums. Project Runway filmed in the Met a few years ago with the various art pieces used as inspiration (I believe it was before opening hours). I was at an exhibit at the Morgan Library a few years ago and had the hell annoyed out of me by a film crew from CBS's Sunday Morning program (which I actually like and watch) following me around, getting in my face and between me and the pictures I was trying to  see--all without so much as a 'do you mind if we film you?'. Perhaps due complaints about things like that happening--though I didn't complain, just glared at them--policies may have changed.

• Love 1

I'd rather spend breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktail hour with John than be around Beth for even fifteen minutes. She's every bit the unpleasant twunt that Aviva was, and I can't fathom why Carole would willingly want to be good friends with her.

I've noticed that people will align themselves with people who more unlikeable than they are - to distract people from hating on them....

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm so happy NY is back!  Yay!!

They all look great.  Ramona looks fan-friggin-tastic!   Love her hair!

Why'd they ditch Kristen?  I wanted to see what was going on with her douche husband.

Edited by Sai
  • Love 1
(edited)

Carole, why the new dog? Didn't Carole say last season that she had a dog in some other city? And then there was some controversy over her asking to borrow people's (Barbara Streisand's?) dogs? Am I remembering this correctly? Also all bravolebrities have the same breed of dog. Other than that, she's certainly embracing the hipster/bohemian life with Adam. Whatever floats your boat. At least it shows a different side of NY culture.

Dorinda is all about damage control from last season already. It won't last- those "three" martinis will get you, girl. John tries so hard to make people like him that its off-putting. Don't know why Dorinda defends him so hard (when drunk) when she acts like she can barely stand him herself!

The countess and Sonya were barely there.

Ramona- I like her but not sure why.

Also didn't notice Kristin wasn't there. Hope it wasn't because of hubby.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 2

I think Carole was kidding about Baby being a service dog.  She just didn't want to leave him, or stay with him, outside.  I thought the cup of poop was for the vet because she mentioned that the dog had a problem and she was going to the vet later.

For me, Beth is just 'bitter' and 'mean'.  She always has to be the center of attention and uses her 'comedy' almost always at the expense of someone else to get that attention.  Making fun of a person who is short?  Yeah Beth, he did it on purpose.  Had surgery..... he used to be 6'.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Idk, what made me really wince at Bethenny's behavior toward her poor, poor employees is her condescension & her disrespect of these women.  Ew, just ew.  So Bethenny, they could smoke crack or have sex with their boyfriends on their desks & you wouldn't care?  Um, OK.  If this was supposed to be funny, it wasn't.  It was condescending & disrespectful as hell to them & just awful.  But that's Bethenny.  Seriously, does Satan Andy find this kinda shit hilarious?  Is this what he thinks of, and how he treats his employees?

And lemme get this straight, Bethenny.  You're telling this staff of assistants they can come up with some ideas for you -- so you can steal 'em & make more dough for yourself, while still paying 'em minimum wage, or slightly above?  Given your complaints about the electric bill, I'm kinda doubting you're paying these women great salaries.  Yeah, real sweet deal working for Bethenny, eh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

The NYC housewives are so beautiful - naturally beautiful. Ramona is gorgeous. I was stunned by how great she looks. However, once she starts talking - yikes! - she is gross.

I think Carole's BF, Adam, seems a little dumb and immature? Right? But he is attractive, has a career, and is nice to Carole so he's cool with me.

• Love 3