Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I wonder what happened since he is part of a pretty big storyline right now.

There is something to be said about not burning your bridges, though. I can trash Steve Burton as much as I want, one thing he was careful not to do was burn his bridges.

• Like 7

Tyler Christopher is Nikolas to me. He's had serious problems with consistency, I think as a combination of checking out whenever he doesn't like the material and his personal issues; but when he was good, he fully embodied that character.

However, I don't know if Tyler's well enough to come back. I wonder what Chris Beetem is up to these days?

• Like 7
  • Fire 1

I think with the exception of Coloma (who was only really solid early on), pretty much every non-TC recast other than CSM has been bad. Both Beetem and Nick Stabile are average, bland white guys. This new guy is weird. And CSM was wonderful with Marisa Ramirez and benefited from some half-decent day to day writing but was otherwise a fairly shallow, photogenic recast and heartthrob. He had nowhere near TC's soul or depth, he was not a leading man who you could hang story on. He is also a known serial scam artist today.

If and when Tyler is well enough and also not phoning it in, great. Otherwise, find someone not boring.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6

Didn't TC "jokingly" say he was available the last time MC was off? But I'm gonna reiterate, for my own part, I really, really don't want him back. I intensely disliked him on the show, and I don't want to have to fast-forward one of my favorites - MW - because he's her scene partner.

Somebody new, please!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, CeChase said:

Wow and he refused to film his final scenes.  

These GH actors always create more interesting drama than what we see onscreen! If he was fired I get his anger but he won’t make a great name for himself this way. I actually watched his interview on Maurice’s YouTube show and his impulsivity in this manner sounds consistent. Too bad as he did have great chemistry with MW and some decent chemistry with NAC. 

I loved Tyler as Nikolas in the 90s. I tuned in again in the early 2010’s when JJ came back and just found Tyler’s Nik to be unpleasant to watch at that time. I think I would prefer someone new, but definitely not any of the temps we have seen. But how do they get Nik off canvas for a while, when Esme and Liz are so front and center right now? 

Of course there’s always RoHo, if they’re planning to get rid of Austin (kidding I think). 

• Like 5

Frankly, I think Nik is played out. Just reading the latest plot - and seeing just how WTF the hacks have made him and Liz, the latter whom I never even really liked! - just sort of cements that thought for me.

The only downside with no Nik is, Laura literally will have none of her kids on the canvas.

Which makes me wonder why this show has not attempted to recast Lulu and/or Lucky again...

• Like 4

He has a nice post up on his Instagram! I like Marcus and am probably in the minority but I will miss him. With him gone, my interest in Esme and the Cassadines, in general, has plummeted. I now don’t care what they do with Nikolas. He was already ruined (IMO) with the Esme ness! 

I’m not gonna judge him for not filming his last scenes because I don’t know what went down. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere else. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Frankly, I think Nik is played out. Just reading the latest plot - and seeing just how WTF the hacks have made him and Liz, the latter whom I never even really liked! - just sort of cements that thought for me.

The only downside with no Nik is, Laura literally will have none of her kids on the canvas.

Which makes me wonder why this show has not attempted to recast Lulu and/or Lucky again...

I’ve always thought that Frank and the writers under him never got the Nikolas character. Even with TC, the SLs he got didn’t jive with the character. The mess with Hayden and trying to steal ELQ were WTF moments for me. I don’t think a recast will improve the character by much. The Spencer actor is the new designated lead of the under 40 crowd so they’ll continue to give him family angst SLs and big moments to react to so whoever plays Nikolas will have to continue to screw up. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I know it’s very unprofessional of him not to want to film last scenes and he was not one of my favourites, but after watching the Nik/Liz scenes yesterday, I can’t blame him for maybe not wanting refusing to do more of that. What a ridiculous storyline.

ETA: I don’t know why he chose not to film his last scenes and we may never get to find out.

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I know it’s very unprofessional of him not to want to film last scenes and he was not one of my favourites, but after watching the Nik/Liz scenes yesterday, I can’t blame him for refusing to do more of that. What a ridiculous storyline.

He is an actor on a soap opera. Ridiculous storylines and bad writing/dialogue are part of the package. He didn't say that he refused to film because of what was written for Nikolas. We just know that he was fired and refused to film his last scenes. That is just spiting himself if he wishes to continue to act and his abilities are not so outstanding that producers would want to hire him on his talent/charisma alone.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He is an actor on a soap opera. Ridiculous storylines and bad writing/dialogue are part of the package. He didn't say that he refused to film because of what was written for Nikolas. We just know that he was fired and refused to film his last scenes. That is just spiting himself if he wishes to continue to act and his abilities are not so outstanding that producers would want to hire him on his talent/charisma alone.

I don’t know why he didn’t want to film and I should’ve been clearer in my post about that part and will edit, no need to be terse.

• Like 3

Oh no that’s horrible news about Sonya. So tragically young. 

I was reading (speculation) that Marcus’s contract expired in the Fall so he was already done with his contract. In that case it’s slightly less unprofessional that he not continue to film. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

I’m so sorry to hear about Sonya’s passing! I know it was fast tracked and not too realistic but I was looking forward to Epiphany becoming a doctor!! She was so young! My thoughts and prayers are with her family!!! 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

TMZ said she had a   non emergency surgery on 9th, released on 11th, then got an infection.  She got re-admitted to hospital on 15th, then was on life support.

Edited by Artsda
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

I’m not gonna judge him for not filming his last scenes because I don’t know what went down. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere else. 

I agree with this. Probably not the smartest move, but if he got screwed over I understand the impulse to want to screw them back. Maybe he’ll reconsider, but either way I can’t judge without knowing the reasons on either side. I will miss him.

From what I read about his exit, I got the impression that Nik would be off the canvas for at least the foreseeable future. (Is Esme going to push him off the parapet?) So if MC doesn’t reconsider, I expect to see the recent TempNik finishing off this run. Blechh.

So sad about Sonya Eddy. I wasn’t crazy about Epiphany (TPTB wrote her into a bossy corner), but her portrayer seemed like a very classy lady. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I wonder if they will now kill off Epiphany.

That is the best of the sad options. The character is in a relationship, she's been studying for the MCATs, and she's been such a big part of the hospital scene for almost 17 years now. Her first episode aired when Spencer was a newborn!

So they have to do something. I don't want a situation where she's always offscreen, and I also wouldn't want her recast. I feel it was because Sonya Eddy was so strong that the character lasted and became as important as she was. She deserves an emotional send-off, with the characters dealing with the loss of their friend as the actors are.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That is the best of the sad options. The character is in a relationship, she's been studying for the MCATs, and she's been such a big part of the hospital scene for almost 17 years now. Her first episode aired when Spencer was a newborn!

So they have to do something. I don't want a situation where she's always offscreen, and I also wouldn't want her recast. I feel it was because Sonya Eddy was so strong that the character lasted and became as important as she was. She deserves an emotional send-off, with the characters dealing with the loss of their friend as the actors are.

I agree with all of this. But this show did not even have the decency to give Stuart Damon a send off he deserved, so I expect nothing in Sonya Eddy's case either, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I agree with all of this. But this show did not even have the decency to give Stuart Damon a send off he deserved, so I expect nothing in Sonya Eddy's case either, sadly.

In Stuart’s case though, he had been off the show for quite awhile

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I’m guessing they’ll handle it like they did for Lila and Edward Quartermaine or Mary Mae Ward - keep them alive offscreen for a bit while figuring out what to do.  I’m trying to remember if anyone else passed away IRL while still being somewhat involved with the show?  I think the Lila/Edward actors were retired at that point...

• Like 1

I'd like a great episode, and I think they'll do something, but my fear is that 15 of approximately 37 minutes of air time will be Carly and Sonny having flashbacks to their interactions with Epiphany. Willow will probably get a decent chunk too, positioning her as the inheritor of Epiphany's mantle. Everyone else will take whatever of the pie is left. Curtis comforting Marshall...maybe they'll bring Bobbie out of storage for a short scene with Liz and Nurse Amy. "I can't believe she's gone." "I keep expecting her to step off that elevator." "GH won't be the same." 

I wonder if Sonya had taped scenes we have not seen yet.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I'd like a great episode, and I think they'll do something, but my fear is that 15 of approximately 37 minutes of air time will be Carly and Sonny having flashbacks to their interactions with Epiphany. Willow will probably get a decent chunk too, positioning her as the inheritor of Epiphany's mantle. 

Ugh I can see this happening even though Elizabeth should be the one to become the next head nurse.

• Like 10
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

She deserves an emotional send-off, with the characters dealing with the loss of their friend as the actors are.

Have you forgotten what show this is?

Then there's this below:

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't trust these hacks to do anything that doesn't serve themselves and doesn't make it all about Mooby, SheBeast and their spawn.

• Sad 2
  • Applause 2

Here's a nice interview with Sonya Eddy from within the last couple of years. She mentions they're back shooting after the COVID shutdown, and now that Milo is out of the picture, she hopes for a love interest, so it must have been pre-Marshall.

She talks about how she got into acting, about her beginnings on GH (Jill Farren Phelps saw her in an anti-smoking PSA and showed it to Guza), fangirling over Stuart "Prince Charming" Damon on her first day of shooting, joking around with Becky Herbst. 

Quote: "My guiding beacon in life is, 'There go I before the grace of God.' I try to put myself in other people’s position before I snap, crackle and pop, so to speak. I also grew-up in a family that taught each of us that our word was our bond. Whenever I come to a challenge or a crossroad in life, I have found that these two principles carry me through."

https://www.stonecoldandthejackal.com/awesomeblog/sonya-eddy-interview

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Have you forgotten what show this is?

Then there's this below:

I don't trust these hacks to do anything that doesn't serve themselves and doesn't make it all about Mooby, SheBeast and their spawn.

Yes, unfortunately the people we will see mourning her will be Sonny as he ONCE AGAIN tells everyone how it affects him and how hard it was to lose his father; Carly with Drew comforting her because she was the BESTEST friend to Epiphany; Willow and Michael bemoaning that Epiphany was going to fulfill the role of grandmother to the new baby and Wiley and now there is NO ONE to be the other grandmother, and Joss plaintively explaining to Dex how Epiphany inspired her to become a doctor right before they fall into a passionate embrace. Elizabeth won't be involved or Felix ( don't think he is on the show any more, but he used to work closely with Epiphany) nor any of the doctors she worked with. Marshall may play a melancholy solo on his clarinet as the scene fades on a grieving Sonny. 

• Sad 2
  • Applause 2
20 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

From what I read about his exit, I got the impression that Nik would be off the canvas for at least the foreseeable future. (Is Esme going to push him off the parapet?) So if MC doesn’t reconsider, I expect to see the recent TempNik finishing off this run. Blechh.

Sadly, I think they may have decided to just axe the Nikolas character. He’s not really necessary, especially since Spencer is back and an adult. If Nikolas is presumed dead, that gives Spencer a story - stepping up to run the empire, Victor being his mentor, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Here's a nice interview with Sonya Eddy from within the last couple of years. She mentions they're back shooting after the COVID shutdown, and now that Milo is out of the picture, she hopes for a love interest, so it must have been pre-Marshall.

She talks about how she got into acting, about her beginnings on GH (Jill Farren Phelps saw her in an anti-smoking PSA and showed it to Guza), fangirling over Stuart "Prince Charming" Damon on her first day of shooting, joking around with Becky Herbst. 

Quote: "My guiding beacon in life is, 'There go I before the grace of God.' I try to put myself in other people’s position before I snap, crackle and pop, so to speak. I also grew-up in a family that taught each of us that our word was our bond. Whenever I come to a challenge or a crossroad in life, I have found that these two principles carry me through."

https://www.stonecoldandthejackal.com/awesomeblog/sonya-eddy-interview

Thank you. That was a really nice interview. She seems just as lovely and genuine as I expected. I am very sad for her friends and family.

That site, though… gahhh. Everyone will be very disappointed to learn that SC&J have no upcoming tour dates. You can, however, purchase a membership to an even more self-aggrandizing website. And you can buy  super ugly T-shirts and banners! (No masks, though.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1