Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'll say. I know they included the recurring actors as well as those on contract, but it's still at least 20 people too many.

There's even people who didn't make it in! Like poor Leslie and MEK, maybe more I'm forgetting. Cutting down this cast could help with getting rid of the awful Powerpoint opening and redoing Faces of the Heart, but noooo.

36 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Thank you, jbst. Jane was the last one stumping me. I was trying to go through process of omission. I knew she wasn't Gladys or Monica or Heather.

I actually have no idea who the woman with T.J. is.

No little Leo is an oversight, he's been so present. Same with Jake who is rarely seen but so good, but oh well. I'd rather see them vs. annoying Charlotte? Violet? or Michael's creepy kid. 

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1

I thought TJ had a hand on Molly's arm, and Kristina was sitting with them. 

Lipton/Cam's placement is kind of odd. The only time I can remember him even having a scene with anyone he's near is when he was there for Stella's stroke. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know they included the recurring actors as well as those on contract, but it's still at least 20 people too many.

Imagine how cluttered it would have been if they had included everyone we're seeing semi-regularly. Gladys. Linc. Blaze. Mason. Cyrus and Martin. Yuri. Brick. Phyllis (I guess it's been a while since she aired). Everyone's kids.

• Mind Blown 1
4 minutes ago, Desperado said:

No MEK, no Heather, no Gladys, but Ms. Wu is there.

MB and LE comfortably seated but GF is just standing there.

From what I can see of JE - she looks spectacular! 😍

Who is JE?

Thanks @Asp Burgerand @jsbt. She's the only one I didn't recognize. Still can't tell it's her, really, but I'm glad she's there. Maybe I need my glasses updated.

Really wish LW was off to the side more. The way it's framed, it looks like she and GF are sharing the center, and, no, Show. Carly is not the matriarch of the show, not even close. That's Laura, no contest.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

I thought it was a cute picture but the spacing was off. There’s a lot of room towards the center while people are crowded towards the ends. Also, why were Michael/Willow/Wiley the ones ones standing on a separate platform. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

THANK YOU. I looked out of curiosity and recognized...maybe 5 to 10 people, at most.

I meant the ones Asp listed, but yeah there's some tough faces in there.

MEK is standing for his pic in the broom closet with Leo, Jake and Test Tube Mutant Child Charlotte. More room is needed for ME front and center, his father as played by George Washington manqué Gregory Harrison, lisping Violet and Hat Dad's infinity eyes.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'll be that guy: I have seen so little of Josh Kelly while watching lately that I don' t get the hate. He seems tolerable as the hunky, somewhat duplicitous stableboy. Why not let Liz have a non-serious fling with him? No actual love story, just a single working mother of three getting her groove back post-Easton. It beats watching him, Chase, BLQ and Sasha the Unknowable sit around behaving like they're either 50 or 14.

I haven't forgiven the character for sucker punching Scotty for not reason at all.

Edited by dubbel zout
fixed multiple posts
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

why were Michael/Willow/Wiley the ones ones standing on a separate platform. 

I know. They look like a cake ornament.

Also, the Wiley actor appears to be leaning so as not to be obscured by Brook Lynn. It's hard to photograph 50+ people, but parts of this needed a little more fine-tuning.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 2
34 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Well, I suppose since I watch every episode, I had no problem identifying every single person in the photo easily.

Nerd!

I thought the placements were sort of interesting. Diane and Robert, Cody and poor Sasha who deserves much better and so on.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, driver18 said:

Well, I suppose since I watch every episode, I had no problem identifying every single person in the photo easily.

I've only gotten back into watch the show over the last month and could identify everyone.

I'll be a positive voice of descent, I think the photo looks great! And they included who they could, they hit on all the important people (minus Leslie Charleston who couldn't be there for personal reasons) and I think the composition is pretty damn good considering they had to juggle 40+ cast members.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Why are Wiley and Violet the only kids? The Scarola twins have been on for like 8 years, seems like they should have been included. And Leo, who is on more than most kids.

Maybe they were invited and couldn’t make it. At least that’s what I hope and FV isn’t playing kid favorites.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, justduckey said:

Why are Wiley and Violet the only kids? The Scarola twins have been on for like 8 years, seems like they should have been included. And Leo, who is on more than most kids.

Maybe they were invited and couldn’t make it. At least that’s what I hope and FV isn’t playing kid favorites.

Were they also taping that day? That might have been why they were the only ones included. If not, it’s probably because they are the current favored kids. FV seems to rotate between Wiley and Leo as the favored boy of the moment and I think Wiley has been on more recently because Michael/Willow have been front and center and they talk about Wiley in practically every scene they have. Violet has been the favored girl since she debuted, taking over from Charlotte. Personally, I think they should have skipped all of the kids but that’s just me. They only trot them out for cute moments anyway. 

• Like 5

I read an interview with Adam Huss a few days ago. An interesting detail in that he had auditioned unsuccessfully for both Nikolas and Shiloh. I guess the current policy of GH is to keep names of the runners-up handy if they need a fill-in or (in the case of Trina) a permanent replacement.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

Loved the cast photo. One of my first thoughts was that they probably blew the wardrobe budget for a while, but maybe we’ll be seeing some of these going forward (we’ve already seen lots of the tuxes at this week’s wedding). 

I almost didn’t recognize MW since her hair was so different. It felt like whoever posed the actors didn’t know where to put RoHo…just like the writers. 

JE looks great and rocks the hell out of that dress. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I guess the current policy of GH is to keep names of the runners-up handy if they need a fill-in or (in the case of Trina) a permanent replacement.

That's pretty smart, actually. But the casting department in general has been one of the show's strengths. It's not their fault the writers can't use the actors properly.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
On 2/18/2023 at 9:46 PM, jsbt said:

I frankly have often thought Frank Valentini has been overruling Mark Teschner a lot over the last decade, but there have been some solid choices in recent years.

Those boring himbos that keep showing up come to mind…Griffin, Chase, Maxie’s dead husband whose name I can’t remember…

The casting for the young adults has been knocked out of the park though, Tabyana took the ball running and made Trina into a compelling young heroine with crazy chemistry with Nicholas Chavez, who is destined for either major stardom or years of repeat Emmys for GH. And as much of a mess Esme and her story her Avery Pohl is outstanding, I hope they do more to keep Esme around without sugarcoating her crimes.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 2/19/2023 at 11:29 PM, JessePinkman said:

Those boring himbos that keep showing up come to mind…Griffin, Chase, Maxie’s dead husband whose name I can’t remember…

The casting for the young adults has been knocked out of the park though, Tabyana took the ball running and made Trina into a compelling young heroine with crazy chemistry with Nicholas Chavez, who is destined for either major stardom or years of repeat Emmys for GH. And as much of a mess Esme and her story her Avery Pohl is outstanding, I hope they do more to keep Esme around without sugarcoating her crimes.

I couldn't agree more with this whole post. The adult actors/himbos including Rory have been terrible. I've been checking in every once and a while and every guy they've paired poor KS Maxie with since Logan and Johnny have been absolutely horrific. Big mistake to kill off Logan (dead ringer for Scott) IMO but the young adults, NAC, TA, AP, EMC and WL have been incredible.

• Love 1
(edited)

He goes to a very expensive school so maybe not. 

One year at USC Thornton School of Music is more than the cost of my four years at college 25 years ago. 

How nice of Norman Topping (former USC president from 1750-1978) to buy them all lunch. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Useful 1

You know I always thought that Sydney and WL were just trying to be diplomatic in their responses when it came to asking to be let out of their GH contracts to focus on school because both of them have steadily booked other work while in school. WL with his music and Sydney has gotten a movie, voiceover work and commercials. I think they both just viewed GH as more of a side project and they couldn’t balance that with their ultimate career goals and school. 

• Useful 3
On 2/16/2023 at 10:18 AM, ffwbe said:

FV seems to rotate between Wiley and Leo as the favored boy of the moment and I think Wiley has been on more recently because Michael/Willow have been front and center and they talk about Wiley in practically every scene they have. Violet has been the favored girl since she debuted, taking over from Charlotte.

The actor who plays Leo is actually autistic and it's possible that his parents didn't think that a photoshoot with dozens of people standing close together would be good for his sensors.

• Like 2

I’m still curious what happened between him and Courtney Hope. They were together for years and split up a couple months after that unlicensed wedding that they clearly sought mainstream press for. 

• Like 2