Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 4/22/2023 at 5:38 PM, Mirabelle said:

I have a feeling if Cameron Weber had been female instead of male, girl Cameron would have been a victim of the Hooker instead of being allowed to go to a top college on the other side of the country. It seems like only the women end up dead. 

I hear you, but in GH modern times (last ten years or so): AJ, Rafe, Dewk, Silas, Morgan, Nathan, Oscar, Neil, Dev, Dustin, Julian, Franco, Jason, Brando. Some of those were bad or forgettable characters, and the two whom Carly cares about will almost certainly get resurrected eventually. But none of them got the benign write-outs they could have had.

I was surprised when they let Griffin leave under his own steam. Just because I had the sense that he was seen as a failed character and hadn't brought whatever they were hoping he'd bring to the ensemble, and there was a good setup for his murder. (He was in a depressed state on the hospital roof, and Ryan, while pretending to be Kevin, was going to shove him off.)

14 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think she does fair amount of promotion for them on Twitter. I don’t think she posts about the show all that much on her IG page in general. I’m just assuming that the pairing isn’t organically building the online fanbase that they hoped and/or tickets sales for their PAs are not great 

I think they're pretty popular. More so than the Cameron/Josslyn pairing was.

Hofer just knows he's not as secure as some. The Josslyn relationship and playing double agent with Michael and Sonny are all he has, and the latter is time-limited. He's not, as yet, connected to other characters, and if there are plans to do that (say, by revealing he's the product of a Courtney teen pregnancy before she got to Port Charles), they probably wouldn't let him in on it. So, he's hustling, fanning the flames a bit. I'd probably do the same.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I hear you, but in GH modern times (last ten years or so): AJ, Rafe, Dewk, Silas, Morgan, Nathan, Oscar, Neil, Dev, Dustin, Julian, Franco, Jason, Brando. Some of those were bad or forgettable characters, and the two whom Carly cares about will almost certainly get resurrected eventually. But none of them got the benign write-outs they could have had.

I really liked Dev. I remember I was rooting for them to use the actor for a recast Spencer, but then hey, what do you know, they found a really good Spencer.

I'm still surprised Morgan didn't get resurrected. Yet. I'm kind of wondering if they're hedging their bets on Bryan Craig, who's done okay but not so well that it'd be impossible to get him back for more than "Parent hallucinates Morgan" cameo.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think they're pretty popular. More so than the Cameron/Josslyn pairing was.

Hofer just knows he's not as secure as some. The Josslyn relationship and playing double agent with Michael and Sonny are all he has, and the latter is time-limited. He's not, as yet, connected to other characters, and if there are plans to do that (say, by revealing he's the product of a Courtney teen pregnancy before she got to Port Charles), they probably wouldn't let him in on it. So, he's hustling, fanning the flames a bit. I'd probably do the same.

I have seen a fair amount of Jex stuff so I agree. 

I don't think the Cam/Joss pairing was ever going to work because Eden really seemed to be playing it more like it was a convenient relationship with the boy you grew up with and liked instead of an actual passionate thing.

I'm not blaming Evan Hofer either it's just kind of funny to see the hustle. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3

Some of these Emmy noms are...

(Previously posted that Mo and Finola got noms in the lead categories)

Best Show

Best Writing

Best Direction

SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES: ACTRESS
Krista Allen as Dr. Taylor Hayes, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)
Sonya Eddy as Epiphany Johnson, General Hospital (ABC)
Stacy Haiduk as Kristen DiMera, Days of Our Lives (NBC/Peacock)
Brook Kerr as Dr. Portia Robinson, General Hospital (ABC)
Kelly Thiebaud as Dr. Britt Westbourne, General Hospital (ABC)

SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES: ACTOR
Nicholas Chavez as Spencer Cassadine, General Hospital (ABC)
Chad Duell as Michael Corinthos, General Hospital (ABC)

Daniel Feuerriegel as EJ DiMera, Days of Our Lives (NBC/Peacock)
Robert Gossett as Marshall Ashford, General Hospital (ABC)
Jon Lindstrom as Dr. Kevin Collins/Ryan Chamberlain, General Hospital (ABC)

YOUNGER PERFORMER IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES
Cary Christopher as Thomas DiMera, Days of Our Lives (NBC/Peacock)
Victoria Grace as Wendy Shin, Days of Our Lives (NBC/Peacock)
Eden McCoy as Josslyn Jacks, General Hospital (ABC)
Henry Joseph Samiri as Douglas Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

GUEST PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES
Steve Burton as Harris Michaels, Beyond Salem (Peacock)
Cassandra Creech as Dr. Grace Buckingham, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)
Alley Mills as Heather Webber, General Hospital (ABC)
Robert Newman as Ashland Locke, The Young and the Restless (CBS)
Kevin Spirtas as Dr. Craig Wesley, Days of Our Lives (NBC/Peacock)

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Thanks 2

Lol to no Carly nom. Maybe the powers that be will realize shoving her into every single storyline doesn't make the heart grow fond of her. 

Portia? 

I'm solidly behind Nicholas Chavez, Jon Lindstrom, Kelly T and Alley Mills' noms. Indifferent about the rest. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I would say the only joke I see is CD, yeah.  I don't understand how Cynthia wasn't nominated, but maybe her work this year is what I'm thinking of, and that's not eligible until next year's emmy's.   Happy to see Jon nominated!  He's so amazing!  Also really happy about NAC. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Eden, too.

She was a given. They lowered the age limit for younger actor to 18 and there were only maybe one or 2 other teens on the other shows. The one from Days got nominated even though she did nothing last year and the 2 kids who got nominated look elementary school age to me

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Seems a little odd to have a seasoned vet like JL in the same category as NAC and CD. Although the fact that CD got a nomination is a joke unto itself.

If Eden got a nom, TA should have got one too.  But it's ridiculous that Eden is in the junior category while having far more acting experience than NAC who is in with the adults.

Sonya Eddy will probably get best supporting as a posthumous thing but KT did far more work.

GH got four of the five nominations for supporting actor. Why is CD there? His chief acting move is looking constipated.

It says it all that CD got a nomination and KMcM and CW, who were the main characters in the story, did not.

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Eden got a nom, TA should have got one too.  But it's ridiculous that Eden is in the junior category while having far more acting experience than NAC who is in with the adults.

TA is 21 so with the new age restrictions, she can’t submit as a younger actor. Maybe she tried for supporting actress and didn’t get it but it was also her her first year on the show so she may not have submitted at all. I thought she had the material but it’s obviously a much tougher category. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

So they finally turned the ‘younger” category into a REAL younger actor? It took them long enough. It never made sense to me that 10-13 year olds were competing with 24 year olds who clearly could have more story written for them just by virtue of their age. There aren’t a lot of kids on soaps anymore, at least not ones that drive story. But it’s still better to keep the age limit to below 18.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

That supporting actor category is a mess.  I don’t even remember what they did to get nominated.

I’m rooting for Jon Lindstrom because the man should have like, three already.  Match up with his wife.

The Spencer actor can win and his head will get so big thinking that he will be a super success and win an Oscar when he leaves the show and hey, no more Spencer.

I’ll laugh if EJ from Days of Our Lives win, though.

I rolled my eyes at that Sonya Eddy nomination.  We all know why that happened and we should all expect a win.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So they finally turned the ‘younger” category into a REAL younger actor? It took them long enough. It never made sense to me that 10-13 year olds were competing with 24 year olds who clearly could have more story written for them just by virtue of their age. There aren’t a lot of kids on soaps anymore, at least not ones that drive story. But it’s still better to keep the age limit to below 18.

But it’s the same thing if 18 years olds are competing against kids to me. I’m sure Eden’s reel is about the sex tape, which was obviously an adult storyline and she’s a contract character with heavy focus. I think they should have just gotten rid of the category altogether. It was always a way for YA actors to compete in an “easier” category. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

That supporting actor category is a mess.  I don’t even remember what they did to get nominated.

I like CD a lot more than most and cannot think of what material he had to get the nom. But I'm really baffled over Days' New EJ's nomination. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was confused at first because I didn't get why NAC wasn't in Younger Performer as the limit is 25 and he's only like 22 or 23 but then I read they dropped the age limit to 18. Pretty wild- wasn't it as high as 30 at one point? 

Pretty sure it was always 25, which again, never made any sense, how is a kid supposed to compete with an adult?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Sonya Eddy’s passing was sad, but what is she exactly being nominated for? Did she really have a performance worthy of a nom? 

I feel bad saying it, but I really I think it’s a pity nomination. 

• Like 8
On 4/26/2023 at 11:27 PM, superdeluxe said:

The Spencer actor can win and his head will get so big thinking that he will be a super success and win an Oscar when he leaves the show and hey, no more Spencer.

I’ll laugh if EJ from Days of Our Lives win, though.

I rolled my eyes at that Sonya Eddy nomination.  We all know why that happened and we should all expect a win.

I love Nicholas Alexander Chavez and I was expecting him to get a second consecutive Best Younger Performer Emmy. Not sure if that will happen now with him having to submit himself for Supporting Actor.

He's already pretty much guaranteed to go as soon as his contract is up. After his win he stated how much he was looking forward to seeing what happens over the next 21 months of his contract. LOL

In any event...I thought this was cute and I hope he does get more hardware.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjyQ5FmO1XG/?hl=en

If she does win I'm betting on Yvette Nicole Brown accepting for her because she guest starred on GH for her.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I like CD a lot more than most and cannot think of what material he had to get the nom. But I'm really baffled over Days' New EJ's nomination. 

I’m baffled over a lot of these nominations because I cannot remember what these people did to get these nominations.

11 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I feel bad saying it, but I really I think it’s a pity nomination. 

Don’t feel bad saying it because it’s the truth.  It’s a pity nomination and a pity win.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The real surprise for me is Eden McCoy. Her acting style reminds me so much of Candace Camerson Bure (the exaggerated facial expressions and gesticulations that take the place of emotion she's unable to give) that it's difficult for me to take her seriously.  Given the state of soaps I guess it's to be expected that she's get a nomination. Talk about a pity nod, though!

Henry Joseph Samiri who plays little Douglas on The Bold and the Beautifu, should win. That kid is such a good actor and he rises above the often ridiculous shit he's given to play.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Victoria Grace got her nomination rescinded because it turns out she was not age eligible so the younger actor category will only be Eden and those 2 boys from Days and Bold. As this point, they should just cancel the category. Only 3 nominees and will Eden feel all that proud for finally winning when her competition was 2 kids (though I think they are better than her). 

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think either way, she's kind of fucked. If she loses, she'll have lost against a 10 year old. If she wins, she'll have won against 10 year olds. For me, it's a lose-lose situation. 

Welp, someone said the same thing on Twitter, and Ryan Pavey viciously attacked her, and then Eden got involved and there was some hilarious drama.  I never get involved I just observe, but GH is the messiest part of soap twitter.  It never fails

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
36 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Welp, someone said the same thing on Twitter, and Ryan Pavey viciously attacked her, and then Eden got involved and there was some hilarious drama.  I never get involved I just observe, but GH is the messiest part of soap twitter.  It never fails

I think the category is dumb and puts everyone in a difficult position. Maybe they should have a juvenile category and a young adults one or something that makes more sense than this. 

I don't think she needs to defend herself or defend anything, or that it's for her to defend the category. She didn't put herself in this position, the Daytime Emmys did.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think the category is dumb and puts everyone in a difficult position. Maybe they should have a juvenile category and a young adults one or something that makes more sense than this. 

I don't think she needs to defend herself or defend anything, or that it's for her to defend the category. She didn't put herself in this position, the Daytime Emmys did.

I totally agree.  The original tweet was not criticizing Eden at all.  It was just taken that way for some strange reason.   

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I think the twitter issue was with the poster saying how she should be embarrassed with going up against school kids. 

Young kids have always been in this category and even won against adults sometimes before. So why should she be embarrassed?

The Emmys should be embarrassed for failing to see that Days actress was overage for the category before nominating her.  The issue should be about the Days actress and not Eden who fits the rules. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

I think the twitter issue was with the poster saying how she should be embarrassed with going up against school kids. 

Young kids have always been in this category and even won against adults sometimes before. So why should she be embarrassed?

The Emmys should be embarrassed for failing to see that Days actress was overage for the category before nominating her.  The issue should be about the Days actress and not Eden who fits the rules. 

I think she said it is embarrassing for her, not that she should be embarrassed, but she has now locked her account, so I cannot be sure, and you could be right.  I would not have tweeted what she did, but I also think the reaction was over the top.  I mean, Deadline just posted an article about it!  I would freaking die if I tweeted something off the cuff, and did not mean it the way it was taken, and ended up being named a "troll" in Deadline.  LOL   I just think it's crazy, I can't help it.  The whole thing.  

• Like 5

That's the thing I've never liked about television awards. All actors have to do is put together a reel of a few scenes that are high drama, and most of the voters have no way of knowing how representational it is of the actor's work that year.

I'm sure Chad had a few pained-face scenes with Willow's illness, or yelling while being mad at Daddy or whatever, but in general he's really had a nothing year. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I think she said it is embarrassing for her, not that she should be embarrassed, but she has now locked her account, so I cannot be sure, and you could be right.  I would not have tweeted what she did, but I also think the reaction was over the top.  I mean, Deadline just posted an article about it!  I would freaking die if I tweeted something off the cuff, and did not mean it the way it was taken, and ended up being named a "troll" in Deadline.  LOL   I just think it's crazy, I can't help it.  The whole thing.  

Yes the tweet said the category rules were ridiculous and it was embarrassing for her, so the response is so over the top. It’s criticism for the rules, not Eden.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Victoria Grace got her nomination rescinded because it turns out she was not age eligible so the younger actor category will only be Eden and those 2 boys from Days and Bold. As this point, they should just cancel the category. Only 3 nominees and will Eden feel all that proud for finally winning when her competition was 2 kids (though I think they are better than her). 

Is there a ranking system on who gets nominated?  Maybe there’s a 4th person who didn’t make the original cut, but can now be considered. 

6 minutes ago, stolenpostit said:

Yes the tweet said the category rules were ridiculous and it was embarrassing for her, so the response is so over the top. It’s criticism for the rules, not Eden.

That’s weird, because if you watched her recent interview with Michael Fairman about her nomination, it was obvious that she herself wasn’t happy with the new age restrictions and discussed the optics of her competition being much younger than her. I think she’s a little in her feelings about this. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, stolenpostit said:

I think there were ways to say that, that didn't call her out,  being embarrassed about winning against school kids. 

The narrative should probably have not included Edens name at all if it was about the rule. The rules have had children with 25 year olds why is this situation now with Eden such a mainstream issue. Because it's Eden? The entire thing should have been about Victoria, her nomination being rescinded due to academy/Days/Peacock/Her reps someone not fact checking her age. 

Not the other nominees that are of age. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Except the original tweet didn’t call her out on anything or said she should be embarrassed. It said that the new rules put her in an embarrassing situation. Her specifically because now she’s competing against schoolchildren, and it looks especially bad for her now that the only other adult is out of the running. It was more sympathetic to her than anything and now a nobody tweeter has the soap internet mad at them for no good reason due to fragile egos.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

I think the whole original tweet that Eden replied to was deleted now, but yeah it wasn't a long tweet or explained like that, so could be what the tweeter meant but didn't reflect that. It was rude sounding for people to take it the way they did. 

• Useful 1

I’m no Joss fan but I can see how the original tweet seemed to be calling Eden out. Why name her at all? It seems pointed and unfair. She’s also allowed to be happy to be nominated. The whole situation seems unfair to her and people on Twitter tend to be nasty so I would assume the worst too. If NAC were in that category I doubt people would be calling to embarrassing for him so I suspect this is people letting their dislike for a character (who I also hate) bleed over to disdain for the actor. 

On the other hand, I’m a little shocked anyone still cares about daytime Emmy’s so maybe this bit of controversy brought in some nice attention for them. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/27/2023 at 11:42 AM, YaddaYadda said:

I think the little boy from B&B is a better actor than she is. But since it would suck to lose to a 10 year old . . .

I’m with you. Douglas should win! 

• Applause 1
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

The narrative should probably have not included Edens name at all if it was about the rule. The rules have had children with 25 year olds why is this situation now with Eden such a mainstream issue. Because it's Eden? The entire thing should have been about Victoria, her nomination being rescinded due to academy/Days/Peacock/Her reps someone not fact checking her age. 

I agree. I'm not sure why it's so embarrassing for her to be competing against younger kids. I don't think anyone older needed to feel embarrassed when people like Kimberly McCullough and Cameron Grimes won. The whole category this year was already changed so it really is the youngest of the pack who compete against each other. I don't watch B&B or Y&R but there don't seem to be that many younger actors in the first place to make it that competitive anyway.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't watch B&B or Y&R but there don't seem to be that many younger actors in the first place to make it that competitive anyway.

The last time Y&R had a teenager that was seriously good was when Alyvia Alyn Lind was on, but being good she was able to book a lot of work and got herself off soap land. She was at the ceremony last year.

In any event, my heart is breaking for Victora Grace. I don't think she deserved the nom but that sucks regardless to have that taken from her. Too bad this isn't the episode of the Brady Bunch where Jan gets applauded for being honest. Anyway...

The wide-eyed "Aww, shucks" act is pretty adorable. It's wild to think that two years ago this guy was waiting tables trying to save up for a stint at Hollywood.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, racked said:

If NAC were in that category I doubt people would be calling to embarrassing for him so I suspect this is people letting their dislike for a character (who I also hate) bleed over to disdain for the actor. 

Agreed, it appears more a fanbase thing than anything about the actual issue. 

Y&R should have submit the actor who played Connor. He had a lot with the suicide story. Not sure why Y&R didn't. But actor who played Douglas was great with the Thomas gaslighting him basically story, so he has good chance.  I also don't think Eden should feel embarrassed if she loses to him, but I'm sure the fanbases against the character will laugh.