Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I think both Chad and Drew Garrett were good in the early years, and Garrett stayed good because his run was brief. But it's a case study in what good and bad day-to-day writing can do for a variable actor. Chad has not had even half-decent writing since the long-running Guza team was ousted, and that was over a decade ago. I think Michael needs a few years' rest (like Maxie) and then either a solid recast or even the return of Garrett if he didn't harass someone or something.

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It's really awkward though, because I think NB realizes this and he's trying desperately to be a heartthrob and posing shirtless on his Instagram and it's just like...please dude, stop. I keep feeling like I'm about to get asked by Chris Hanson to take a seat whenever I come across the thirst traps NB posts on his Instagram. LOL

I don't use IG but I doubt it's anything to do with that. Teens just do dumb shit like that on social media, lol.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jsbt said:

I think both Chad and Drew Garrett were good in the early years, and Garrett stayed good because his run was brief. But it's a case study in what good and bad day-to-day writing can do for a variable actor. Chad has not had even half-decent writing since the long-running Guza team was ousted, and that was over a decade ago. I think Michael needs a few years' rest (like Maxie) and then either a solid recast or even the return of Garrett if he didn't harass someone or something.

The actress playing Willow cracks me up, though, because she desperately tries to generate something with Michael/Chad because she knows that former Michael love interests tend to get written off or suffer horrible fates, but it's just like...huh? She really had something with Josh Swickard but the show decided to go all in on Millow. This honestly feels like the longest attempt at a pairing this show has tried to do with Michael. LOL. (It's never been longer than a year, hasn't it?)

I don't get how Chad Duell has been allowed to keep his job as long as he has given his complete inability to spark with women on-screen. Even people he dated in real life!

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't get how Chad Duell has been allowed to keep his job as long as he has given his complete inability to spark with women on-screen. Even people he dated in real life!

His soap parents like him. 

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He does seem mildly energized by the story with Nina. But all of his acting tics are still there.

My newest watching game is predicting what he'll do next  -- lean in and whisper, stroke his beard, . . .  It's kind of an easy game, though.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

His soap parents like him. 

That's gotta explain Eden McCoy as well. The girl should have gotten recast given her lack of availability, or she should have been written off to Coastal University or what. I think it was a college in South Carolina?

Mo keeps popping up on Facebook Reels, in my newsfeed.  The first vid. was KS and GuyWhoPlaysNik, and Mo.  Second is LW and CM and Mo.  I scrolled by, so I don't know what they're talking about.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, methodwriter85 said:

That's gotta explain Eden McCoy as well. The girl should have gotten recast given her lack of availability, or she should have been written off to Coastal University or what. I think it was a college in South Carolina?

That kid is the most snotty, entitled kid on this show. I remember being an Army wife when a friend discovered that my dad had been a very high ranking officer. She asked me why I didn’t tell anyone. I said “It was my dad’s and my mom’s accomplishments, not mine”. She was taken aback and then said to me that she thought I was a really good person. That made me said that she thought that was such a rare thing.

• Applause 2
23 hours ago, DanaK said:

I have kind of a grudge against her as a person because she was an apologist for Fred Savage when he was accused of sexual harassment on the FIRST iteration of the Wonder Years. (He just did the same thing on the second iteration.) And it wasn't just at the time, either, that she took up for him -- it was post #MeToo.

9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I have kind of a grudge against her as a person because she was an apologist for Fred Savage when he was accused of sexual harassment on the FIRST iteration of the Wonder Years. (He just did the same thing on the second iteration.) And it wasn't just at the time, either, that she took up for him -- it was post #MeToo.

She can hang with Stephen A. Smith (aka Brick) who seems to have an affinity for defending athletes accused of sexual 'misconduct'.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2022 at 7:02 PM, Pingaponga said:

Is she going to play Carly's adoptive mother Virginia, who isn't actually dead, so isn't buried in the cemetery that's about to bulldozed, and we learn she doesn't care that it is being turned into a highway?

No, please.  Carly doesn’t need another mother on the canvas to defend her and hold her hand. Let’s just power through this story and then we (and Carly) can forget Virginia ever existed, again.

• Love 9

From SOD:

After years of clamoring for the return of Jeff Webber, Elizabeth’s absentee dad, GH fans are finally getting their wish. As the mystery surrounding Liz’s pre-Port Charles history deepens, the character (originally played by Richard Dean Anderson from 1976-81) will come back to the canvas in the form of William Moses, whose credits include FALCON CREST, Mystic Pizza and HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. While Moses is making his first foray into daytime, he has a family connection to the show: his brother, Rick Moses, appeared as hitman Hutch in the Luke/Laura “Left-Handed Boy” storyline in 1980. Liz’s mother, Carolyn, who has never appeared on the show before, will be played by Denise Crosby (STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION).

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

From SOD:

After years of clamoring for the return of Jeff Webber, Elizabeth’s absentee dad, GH fans are finally getting their wish. As the mystery surrounding Liz’s pre-Port Charles history deepens, the character (originally played by Richard Dean Anderson from 1976-81) will come back to the canvas in the form of William Moses, whose credits include FALCON CREST, Mystic Pizza and HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. While Moses is making his first foray into daytime, he has a family connection to the show: his brother, Rick Moses, appeared as hitman Hutch in the Luke/Laura “Left-Handed Boy” storyline in 1980. Liz’s mother, Carolyn, who has never appeared on the show before, will be played by Denise Crosby (STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION).

I like both William and Denise so hopefully I’ll enjoy the story

I think they did an okay job with Jackie and Gregory, so maybe Jeff and Carolyn will work out. Honestly though, I'm more worried about them being thrown under the bus than the actors playing them. (No one could ever compare to RDA anyway.)

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Congratulations, everyone!  Even more than Cameron getting SORAS-ed, I truly thought this was a day that would never come.

But wow, Liz's dad is Alison's married lover slash cuckoo-pants stalker Keith from early "Melrose Place"!  Maybe he'll do this to Dr. Michael Easton!

JarA5xR.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

From SOD:

And Monica is now a good decade-plus younger by default!

22 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Liz's mom has finally been given a name.

And it is the same one as Carly's.

Huh? Carly's adoptive mom's name was Virginia. Liz's mom is named Carolyn. Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And Kat's married lover slash Yale grad from "Mystic Pizza!" 

Liked that movie. Poor Bill the fisherman (Vincent D'Onofrio) being caught by Jo's (Lili Taylor) parents in their house! (That was a funny scene.)

And the late Conchata Farrell was good, too.

Still think Moses is too young for Jeff Webber, but...soaps. Hee.

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Still think Moses is too young for Jeff Webber,

And I think he's a horrible choice. Maybe it's because I'm stuck with his horrible Ken Malansky in the Perry Mason movies, but he's just so ONE NOTE. Nothing like my darling Richard Dean Anderson.

• Love 2

Tasha Yar? That's...a choice.

I've never thought Crosby was a very good actor, but she is pretty good at harshness/coldness, which works for a woman who has shown zero interest in her daughter since she was 15.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I've never thought Crosby was a very good actor, but she is pretty good at harshness/coldness, which works for a woman who has shown zero interest in her daughter since she was 15.

Which makes her character an oxymoron, or that (and this is more likely) the idiots forgot or didn't bother to read up--because she and Jeff left Sarah and Elizabeth with Audrey because they were doing good works as Doctors Without Borders. Do participate in such a project, you would think there is empathy and warmth, no?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Do participate in such a project, you would think there is empathy and warmth, no?

If it makes her look good and gets her admiration for being a wonderful person, then I can see it. It can be easier to be nice to a stranger than to a relative or someone that you have history with.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If it makes her look good and gets her admiration for being a wonderful person, then I can see it. It can be easier to be nice to a stranger than to a relative or someone that you have history with.

Joyce Dahmer (as she was portrayed in the recent Netflix series, anyway) would be a good example. She was shown as very warm and caring in her later-in-life role as a counselor, in sharp contrast to her treatment of the son she had abandoned. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have never expected Elizabeth's mother to be good news. It's fanon, but any personal conception I ever had of the character coming on someday was always to make trouble. She's been gone the bulk of Liz's life and does not seem to give a fuck, and it took over 20 years for us to even get someone to speak her name. It's foreboding.

So while I don't want Jeff Webber to be turned into a molester or whatever, if the show once again takes the boring way out and now presents the Webbers as lovely humanitarian people who just happened to not be near an airport for the last 25 years, no, I'm not gonna buy it lol. Denise Crosby is not exactly Beverlee McKinsey but I still like her a lot, and she can definitely play ice cold.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

As I often have when they've come up recently, I am curious to know what if anything the Parents Liz know about Rebecca Budig.

Speaking of Liz sisters, this wouldn't be a bad moment to try and reboot Sarah too, bring in a whole slice of the clan British soap style.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

I’ve just assumed Liz’s parents have a savior complex and decided “saving the world” is more important than their children. Definitely about accolades over actual feeling.  Lucky seems to have it too, sadly. 

• Love 5