Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

On 12/6/2017 at 4:14 PM, allyw said:

The first 4 seasons were my favorite as well. I lost interest somewhere around season 5 and because there was too much damn Cole.  I hated his character and felt that he was the worst thing to happen Phoebe. 

There's certainly that but I mainly didn't like Cole because he was played by Julian McMahon. People sometimes have actors whom they don't like no matter what they are in or what character they play and he happens to be mine.

18 hours ago, Hybridcookie said:

As I just finished the DCverse Crisis on Earth X crossover I just wanted to say that I hate Felicity so very much. She's most of the reason that I stopped watching the show (killing of Laurel, and Thea not being around was the other reason). And I hate that she and Oliver got married at that moment.

I did not mind Felicity in the first season, but after that not so much. I do think part of the reason I started disliking her was the fandom. It just started getting so over the top. Everything Felicity or the actress did was the best thing ever and whatever character disagreed with her or she was up against was the worst. I do not think EBR is a horrible actress or anything. I find her pretty much on par with a majority of the actors on the show. I stopped visiting The Arrow forums because so many of the posts were all Felicity or Olicity love and less about other stuff that happened in the episodes. Don't get me started on if you disagreed with the Felicity love. I was never a Laurel fan either. I did not mind Katie Cassidy. I hated the writing for Laurel. I always thought they should make Laurel evil, because Katie Cassidy can play bitchy characters well. I stopped watching at the start of last season. I just was not interested anymore, especially with new Team Arrow. Thea was always a favorite of mine, but she was not around as much. I liked Oliver and his family scenes from earlier seasons, but his family started dying off or just wasn't around later in the series.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I just was not interested anymore, especially with new Team Arrow. Thea was always a favorite of mine, but she was not around as much. I liked Oliver and his family scenes from earlier seasons, but his family started dying off or just wasn't around later in the series.

I totally agree with this part of your post. I still watch Arrow, but I'd happily lose the new team members in exchange for more screen time for Thea and bringing back Moira and Walter.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I did not mind Felicity in the first season, but after that not so much. I do think part of the reason I started disliking her was the fandom. It just started getting so over the top. Everything Felicity or the actress did was the best thing ever and whatever character disagreed with her or she was up against was the worst. I do not think EBR is a horrible actress or anything. I find her pretty much on par with a majority of the actors on the show. I stopped visiting The Arrow forums because so many of the posts were all Felicity or Olicity love and less about other stuff that happened in the episodes. Don't get me started on if you disagreed with the Felicity love. I was never a Laurel fan either. I did not mind Katie Cassidy. I hated the writing for Laurel. I always thought they should make Laurel evil, because Katie Cassidy can play bitchy characters well. I stopped watching at the start of last season. I just was not interested anymore, especially with new Team Arrow. Thea was always a favorite of mine, but she was not around as much. I liked Oliver and his family scenes from earlier seasons, but his family started dying off or just wasn't around later in the series.

I've never been a part of the Arrow fandom and I stopped watching the show last year; some of that was due to Felicity annoying the ever-living-shit out of me and some of it was the show itself was annoying the ever-living-shit out of me. I also had no issue with Felicity in the early days, but as her character grew, the actress' limitations seemed to become more and more apparent--as did a few other actors on the show--but the show kept writing to those limitations as though they thought they were strengths.

The show, in general, was a very incongruous watching experience for me.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, paulvdb said:
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I just was not interested anymore, especially with new Team Arrow. Thea was always a favorite of mine, but she was not around as much. I liked Oliver and his family scenes from earlier seasons, but his family started dying off or just wasn't around later in the series.

I totally agree with this part of your post. I still watch Arrow, but I'd happily lose the new team members in exchange for more screen time for Thea and bringing back Moira and Walter.

I've quit Arrow now, but I agree with these. I think that was when the show really lost me, when they killed off Moira. Big big mistake.

• Love 1
On November 28, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Snipsa said:

My UO is that ER was and remains to this day the best medical show ever put on TV.

Agree.  I'm binging the back half now that Pop has started airing every episode (not just the Doug/Carol years) and even though these episodes are 10, 15, 20 years old I feel like I could be watching them brand new today.  The "When Night Meets Day" episode (S9: E21) is still one of the best produced stand alone episodes of television I've seen.  

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Everything Felicity or the actress did was the best thing ever and whatever character disagreed with her or she was up against was the worst. I do not think EBR is a horrible actress or anything. I find her pretty much on par with a majority of the actors on the show. I stopped visiting The Arrow forums because so many of the posts were all Felicity or Olicity love and less about other stuff that happened in the episodes. Don't get me started on if you disagreed with the Felicity love. I was never a Laurel fan either.

This is exactly what's turning me off Riverdale. I like all the actors and characters but the fandoms obsession with Bughead, Betty, Jug and the actors who play them is just borderline creepy. They can do no wrong. If they don't get scenes together or they break up it's because there's a conspiracy by the writers to try put Betty with Archie because they never thought her and Jughead would be such an awesome amazing couple. Eyerolling. They're not Romeo and Juliet guys. They're a popular couple and sadly the writing for popular couples is always that they're off and on.

Also neither Cole Sprouse or Lili Reinhart are Oscar winning actors. They're on par with the rest of the case. They're not elevating any material so much as just getting more interesting storylines.

Sigh, the problem is that I'm probably too old for this crap plus Jughead will always be Ben from Froends to me so can't take him seriously as a heart throb.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Yeah, Herbert was always in bad taste, but in this climate....

I never did understand "but in this climate" reasoning for getting rid of characters especially on a show like Family Guy that is very topical anyway.  Herbert is the perfect character for this climate.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

This is exactly what's turning me off Riverdale. I like all the actors and characters but the fandoms obsession with Bughead, Betty, Jug and the actors who play them is just borderline creepy. They can do no wrong. If they don't get scenes together or they break up it's because there's a conspiracy by the writers to try put Betty with Archie because they never thought her and Jughead would be such an awesome amazing couple. Eyerolling. They're not Romeo and Juliet guys. They're a popular couple and sadly the writing for popular couples is always that they're off and on.

Also neither Cole Sprouse or Lili Reinhart are Oscar winning actors. They're on par with the rest of the case. They're not elevating any material so much as just getting more interesting storylines.

Sigh, the problem is that I'm probably too old for this crap plus Jughead will always be Ben from Froends to me so can't take him seriously as a heart throb.

I love the part I bolded. It cracks me up! I actually like Bughead, but I do agree with your post. It is a bit much. I am fine when they do not share scenes and such, because I like when different cast members interact or have a storyline together. I do think this season we have not had much of the Veronica/Betty friendship which disappoints me. I also agree that Cole and Lili are on par with the rest of the cast on the acting front. Didn't some of the fandom attack the girl who played Toni on social media? That is something I really hate when people attack the actors for doing their job and cannot differentiate between and actor and their character. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kiddo82 said:

Agree.  I'm binging the back half now that Pop has started airing every episode (not just the Doug/Carol years) and even though these episodes are 10, 15, 20 years old I feel like I could be watching them brand new today.  The "When Night Meets Day" episode (S9: E21) is still one of the best produced stand alone episodes of television I've seen.  

Definitely.  It has a timeless feel to it.

When Night meets Day is one of my Top 10 episodes of any TV show ever! (Two ER episodes features in said Top 10 - the other being Love's Labour Lost).  It was an astounding episode.  Gripping, always keeping you guessing and leaving you with a gut punch as only ER can...

Oh and I'm still waiting to use "Great! I'm always working when the world ends" at some point in my day job ;-)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Snipsa said:

When Night meets Day is one of my Top 10 episodes of any TV show ever! (Two ER episodes features in said Top 10 - the other being Love's Labour Lost).  It was an astounding episode.  Gripping, always keeping you guessing and leaving you with a gut punch as only ER can...

What's impressive about Love's Labour Lost for me is that even though I know how it ends I still find myself engrossed when I watch it.  Same thing with the All in the Family episode.  There are times when you watch something once, are completely engaged, but never quite regain that level upon rewatch after knowing the outcome.  Even if you agree that it's a special moment/episode, multiple viewings just don't match that first one.  It's a rare feat when an episode, even a consensus great one, pulls you in every time.  

• Love 5

My List:

STOP FORCING SHIPPING: I can't stand it. It derails every plot. Sometimes the chemistry is so bad it kills the show.

Love Hospital/Police/law proedurals but do they have to win every episode?

Games of Thrones: Don't get me obsessed and then make me wait. The nerve.

As much as I want the rebuilt West Wing I really wanted to see the version with Jimmy Smits as President.

Shows I loved and gave up on:

Better Things: First season was funny, quirky well acted. Second season, horrible children that killed the show.

Suits: So great and one of my favorites, became a show in which no law was actually being practiced, the main characters stand around and yell at each other and characters became so obnoxious that they are unwatchable ( Donna, Mike).

The Flash: Earth huh-what number??? Too many speedsters and see the shipping above.

Shameless: Close to giving up. Why? Frank; the worst character on screen since Rocket Romano. Nothing interesting or redeamable.

Ray Donovan: Gave up due to Mickey and Abbie. See above. So much family drama that the show derailed.

Chicago Fire: They are going to shut down the firehouse (times 20), Boden is under attack, big fire is going to kill everyone. The fact that fire procedure is never really followed and the DAWSON (can't watch anymore; see Mickey and Frank)

Supergirl: So much bad chemistry, and the SHIPPING.

Riverdale: Turned into a weepy melodramatic cryfest.

The Dawson Show: Sorry, Chicago Fire again just had to mention it again.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I refuse to watch Riverdale. The idea of "grim and dark" Archie is just asinine and infuriating. What's next, Peanuts set in the post-Apocalypse? Rose is Rose as a Lifetime Original movie? 

Genderbent Sally Forth?

Right? That was my reaction too. Archie? Like that dumb comic? Who knows, it could be great but I just can't with that. Maybe the fact that it's aimed at teens is what's making it successful. My daughters don't watch it, but a lot of their friends do and they had no idea what the original Archie comics were like.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, juno said:

The Dawson Show: Sorry, Chicago Fire again just had to mention it again.

She and the wishy washy Dawson/Casey pairing taking over the show are why I quit watching a couple seasons ago. That and the way they like to ruin potential female characters or kill them off more then male ones.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I refuse to watch Riverdale. The idea of "grim and dark" Archie is just asinine and infuriating. What's next, Peanuts set in the post-Apocalypse? Rose is Rose as a Lifetime Original movie? 

Anytime I hear "Riverdale," I think of Homer Simpson's experience with the Archie gang.

• Love 12

Seeing some people complaining about being spoiled of the Walking Dead "death" today reminded me that I consider everything fair game once a show has been aired on both coasts.  If you haven't watch the episode as of yet, then maybe you should consider not visiting sites where the show is being discussed.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, allyw said:

Seeing some people complaining about being spoiled of the Walking Dead "death" today reminded me that I consider everything fair game once a show has been aired on both coasts.  If you haven't watch the episode as of yet, then maybe you should consider not visiting sites where the show is being discussed.

I agree. Once something has aired on TV, everything that happened on it is fair game.  It's up to the "late watcher" to avoid getting spoiled.  I would say once a movie has been in the theaters for a month, same thing.  I would not say right after opening night for that, but again, you should beware because once people have seen things they are going to talk about them.

• Love 12

Exactly. Unless somebody tells me they're fine with spoilers, I do my part to avoid spoiling people when and where possible if I know they've yet to see something. And I like the way some sites do it, where they'll have a section for people who don't mind spoilers and a section for people who do, or who allow people to put spoilers under bars and such. If I'm on a website that has a setup like that, I post accordingly. I'm personally not bothered by spoilers, but I get why some are. 

But fair or not, the fact is that there's many parts of the internet that aren't so courteous about that stuff, and with time zones/distribution of shows being what they are, it's near impossible to keep people from holding off on talking about something they watched until everyone's had the chance to see it. So yeah, I agree that anyone who goes anywhere on the internet in general nowadays has to prepare for the possibility they'll run into spoilers for something or other along the way, and figure out a way that works for them when it comes to avoiding spoilers. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3

That's not entirely fair. I've said this before. Calling out someone less than a day after an episode aired is hardly late, especially when there's multiple shows on at the same time or if people have to go to bed early. There's a great you tube video about spoiler etiquette that's still fair. 

Of course, don't click on a link or read the comments about the show or go into the ptv discussion board, but when you're looking for job related news or actual news on FB, and there's a bunch of sites with giant headlines and a picture of the character, it's a little much. And when you do go into the comments, like every time, lots of people are like "I was going to watch tonight because I had to work last night. Thanks a lot." 

People shouldn't bend over backwards for the others who haven't watched the show yet, and the unspoiled people have most of the burden on them, but there's a nominal level of courtesy. Entertainment Weekly and io9 are *terrible* at this because because they're whores for clicks. They could just say 'wow! read this to talk about all the great stuff on TWD last night!' Obviously people who have watched the show will know what they're talking about, so I don't know why they need to spoil everything all the time. 

I also think it's massively condescending for a show to presume that you watch theirs and theirs alone live all the time. It's not like decades ago where only one thing was on at one time. 

Spoiler rules. - It's meant to be funny too. 

I mean, it took me months to watch the new Star Wars, by that time I knew Han had died, but I can't complain about that. It's part of pop culture at that point. I didn't know how, so I was surprised by that scene. I couldn't not know what happened on TWD even though I totally forgot the show was on. (I can't stand Negan so I was going to watch this season all at once on the plane.) 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, allyw said:

Goddammit, I haven't watched yet.

3 hours ago, allyw said:

A thread of "unpopular opinions" isn't a The Walking Dead forum, though. I don't expect to be spoiled in this thread. I purposely avoid TWD forums.

I'm actually pretty miffed because I went into watching the show expecting someone to die. I really dislike being spoiled, and shouldn't have to avoid completely unrelated social media for that.

Furthermore, plenty of people don't watch TV programs when they air, or there'd be no need for DVRs.

• Love 8

Exactly. *Even* if I intended to watch TWD when I got home from work today (which I will in a couple of weeks), the Outlander season finale was on at the same time and that took precedence for me (though I probably should revisit my priorities because it was awful) and then I had to get up at 6 am so I went to bed after that. Like 2 minutes after sitting down at my desk *before 8 am* I was spoiled. I mean, it wasn't even 24 hours. Knowing that there was a major character death isn't that big a deal for that show, but they didn't have to put up pictures and say what's next for Actor Name? in the headline in 59 billion pt font. 

You don't know who the character is though! So at least that will be a surprise. Stay away from Entertainment Weekly and io9 though. 

52 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

HAN DIES???!!??? you asshole!!!:)

According to the video, I'm in the clear. I may actually have to go see The Last Jedi in the theater (which I never do) just in case there's some "I am your father" moment that people will be freaking out about. Last year my mother asked my cousin if Luke was in TFA and I had to yell at them before she could answer. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 5

I actually came here to talk about my TWD UO and intended on putting the whole thing in spoilers prior to catching up. So here goes [do not read if you haven't seen the mid-season finale!]

Spoiler

I'm not pissed that Coral is going to die. I understand it wasn't Riggs decision to leave and he was putting down roots but shit happens, characters die. 

I also don't think the producers are drawing out the Negan storyline or making decisions on who lives, who dies and who monologues as an FU to fans. 

22 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Goddammit, I haven't watched yet.

20 hours ago, bilgistic said:

A thread of "unpopular opinions" isn't a The Walking Dead forum, though. I don't expect to be spoiled in this thread. I purposely avoid TWD forums.

I'm actually pretty miffed because I went into watching the show expecting someone to die. I really dislike being spoiled, and shouldn't have to avoid completely unrelated social media for that.

Furthermore, plenty of people don't watch TV programs when they air, or there'd be no need for DVRs.

The last time I checked this thread was a generalized unpopular opinion thread and while I used the Walking Dead as an example my opinion was for all aired shows.  Also someone usually dies especially during the midseason's finales.

6 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I actually came here to talk about my TWD UO and intended on putting the whole thing in spoilers prior to catching up. So here goes [do not read if you haven't seen the mid-season finale!]

Hide contents

I'm not pissed that Coral is going to die. I understand it wasn't Riggs decision to leave and he was putting down roots but shit happens, characters die. 

I also don't think the producers are drawing out the Negan storyline or making decisions on who lives, who dies and who monologues as an FU to fans. 

I don't think it's a FU to fans either, I just think that tptb are uncreative hacks especially since the reason given for the death was to justify keeping Negan alive. 

Edited by allyw
19 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Sometimes I watch shows that I'm loosely following - and then in a completely unrelated forum, I read something like "after watching this crap, so glad that at lead so and so were eliminated from The Amazing Race/ Survivor, what have you. The hell? that thing has been in my Tivo and I was looking forward to watching it, and you never thought spoiler tags would be needed?  

• Love 6

My final thought on the topic is that it is my understanding that networks don't even take their full viewership total of a show until after a week has passed, tallying what has been watched on DVRs within the week. Not just the same-night airings count for ratings.

It's not cool to spoil unless you are in a specific thread that discusses the show. I always ask my sister and mom if they have watched a show we all watch before I discuss it with them (or not).

• Love 5

The thing is that sometimes posters don't even realize they're spoiling because they assume fellow posters watch as they do. Well, dear fellow posters, sometimes I watch a day, or two, or more, later, but it doesn't mean I'm not as invested as you are, so please take it in consideration when you're tempted in show xxx forum to compare it to te most recent episode of show yyy that I may have kept as a reward to watch after I completed x, y and z, because yyy show is so important to me that it can count as a reward. Thank you very much in advance :)  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, allyw said:

I don't think it's a FU to fans either, I just think that tptb are uncreative hacks especially since the reason given for the death was to justify keeping Negan alive. 

I'm clueless as to fandom so I don't know if it's a UO but Negan is arguably the worst character in the history of television. I liked watching week to week, but I just can't anymore. I figure watching at once will be like ripping the band aid off. 

1 hour ago, NutMeg said:

The thing is that sometimes posters don't even realize they're spoiling because they assume fellow posters watch as they do.

And that was the point of the video I posted and saying there needs to be a nominal level of courtesy. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And that was the point of the video I posted

And another UO: if you post any link to a video or article without at least a short description of what's it about, I'm not going to bother. Life is busy, if the news you're referring to is as awesome as you say, chances are I'll catch up to it (I read various newspapers, at least an hour a day, international press in diverse colors), but won't look at it (so few videos I have time for... Well, Samantha Bee I make time for, and a few others, but basically I'm either in the mood to read or in the mood to watch, and if the first, I dislike anything that tries to make me do the other, and vice versa. 

That being said, if a video posted catches my interest, I give it a go, and if the first 20-30 seconds are a go, I leave it in an open browser and come back to it later. And it's thanks to fellow posters that I know and now regularly watch Samantha Bee; or that I added Disturbed's version of the Sound of Silence to my Spotify. (Just two examples among so many others).

But yeah don't just post a link to an article or video, tell us at least what the article is about beyond the title or what makes the video worth seeing.

@ganesh: in no way is this rant targeted at you. Thank you though for providing me with the impetus for it.   

• Love 3

No, our staff sends out calendar invites for I don't know what because they can't be bothered to type in one sentence about what they want us to attend. I'm like nope.

Edited by ganesh

I do not watch Riverdale.  I am so not the target demographic, having hit the half century mark this year.  However, I do want to point out that Archie comics haven't been just fluffy stand alone comics where nothing happens for quite some time.  They had gay characters and handled it well (and better than Marvel and DC) and they also have the Afterlife with Archie comic which can get fairly dark.

That said, from everything I've read, Riverdale sounds like extruded CW product and not to my taste at all.

I don't know whether this is an unpopular opinion or not but at this point I don't watch any of the CW superhero shows.  I wanted so badly to like them, having been a big DC comics fan most of my life, but the writing on all the shows was soooo bad.  Even Melissa Benoist's obvious enthusiasm for Supergirl couldn't keep me watching.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dalek said:

However, I do want to point out that Archie comics haven't been just fluffy stand alone comics where nothing happens for quite some time.  They had gay characters and handled it well (and better than Marvel and DC) and they also have the Afterlife with Archie comic which can get fairly dark.

Yup. My understanding is that some years ago the original Archie Comics went bankrupt and the copyright was purchased by another company that launched the whole Riverdale series (hence the name of the CW show) and moved the comics into a more contemporary, edgier place. The CW series is more in line with the revamped Riverdale series. 

ETA: Regarding the whole spoiler debate, I do see both sides. I too have been spoiled, barely 24 hours after a show aired while reading something completely unrelated and I find that incredibly annoying. That said, thanks to delayed viewing, I do think that some viewers have also become incredibly entitled where they seem to think conversations about a show aren't supposed to happen at all, until they get around to watching the episode, sometimes a whole week later. Like seriously?

Also, I have no sympathy for people going on social media, in a show's tag and whinging about being spoiled. Case in point, last year when How To Get Away With Murder had this whole "who is under the sheet" plot line running for the first half of the season. The entire mystery of the first half of the season was which one of the main characters had been killed and was under the sheet. Everyone knew the mid-season finale was going to reveal who it was. And still, some came into the trending tag that said, "who is under the sheet", after the episode had aired on the East Coast and complained about being spoiled. Like are you kidding me?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

ETA: Regarding the whole spoiler debate, I do see both sides. I too have been spoiled, barely 24 hours after a show aired while reading something completely unrelated and I find that incredibly annoying. That said, thanks to delayed viewing, I do think that some viewers have also become incredibly entitled where they seem to think conversations about a show aren't supposed to happen at all, until they get around to watching the episode, sometimes a whole week later. Like seriously?

Conicidnetally I was just somewhere where I saw someone yell at someone for posting a Highlander spoiler.  The show has been off the air for 19 or 20 years.  I just don't think you can keep a lid on spoilers that long.

I also got yelled at for posting a question on Yahoo Answers that spoiled something for 3 seasons back on a show.  There has to be some sort of reasonableness. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Conicidnetally I was just somewhere where I saw someone yell at someone for posting a Highlander spoiler.  The show has been off the air for 19 or 20 years.  I just don't think you can keep a lid on spoilers that long.

Yup, reminds me of comments a few years ago, when The Emmys did a tribute to shows that had ended that television year. Even though most of these shows had ended months before, there were still some people angry that the show "spoiled" the ending for them. 

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Shortly after moving over here from TWOP, I posted about events in the final episodes of The Shield.  Even though the show had ended 6 years prior, I got complaints about it, saying I should have used spoiler tags in case someone who hadn't done so yet decided to watch the series.  Maybe I should have used spoiler tags in this post, you never know what someone could accidentally learn from it. ;-)

• Love 3
On December 5, 2017 at 1:45 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I'm afraid my UO is especially unpopular, and I'm glad we post anonymously:  I don't think Buffy is all that.  There, I said it.

I never watched Buffy, not one episode, in my life.  

Wait, someone complained about a Highlander spoiler?  That makes zero sense; it's not a spoiler if the show's been off for decades.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I never watched Buffy, not one episode, in my life.  

Wait, are you sure you're a person on the planet earth? ;)

BTW, I've seen exactly one half of one episode and never felt the need to watch anymore.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Wait, are you sure you're a person on the planet earth? ;)

BTW, I've seen exactly one half of one episode and never felt the need to watch anymore.

That was half an episode more than I saw.  Although I did see the movie.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

This is fairly unpopular:

I don't care about spoilers. I can still enjoy a show when a twist or a death has been spoiled. If a spoiler ruins something for me, then it's more of a sign that it's a bad movie/bad TV show for me.

I'll go even further. I seek out spoilers. I want to know what's going to happen. Knowing does not ruin the experience for me; it enhances it.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I don't care about spoilers. I can still enjoy a show when a twist or a death has been spoiled. If a spoiler ruins something for me, then it's more of a sign that it's a bad movie/bad TV show for me.

I don’t mind spoilers for shows I’m not really attached to, but...

11 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I'll go even further. I seek out spoilers. I want to know what's going to happen. Knowing does not ruin the experience for me; it enhances it.

I don’t actively seek them out, and I do like being surprised as I was with seeing Michael Emerson on Arrow this season-I was positive giddy because I hadn’t heard anything about it. And he’s a computer expert and he’s EVIL!Finch! there.*?????

*His character from Person of Interest

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I actively seek them out and enjoy the show all the same.

• Love 3

I don't care if written dialogue is not like "how people say it in real life." If I want to listen to how real people talk, I'll go eavesdrop in public places. When I read or watch fiction, including television, I want to hear something beautiful and crafted at least some of the time.

Same goes for plot - I'll take "story logic" and shortcuts for the sake of entertainment over realism every single time.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

Agreed. Plus, I'm kind of over the whole Sturm und Drang about spoilers.  It's just TV, not life and death.

• Love 5