Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Jill and Jessa Counting On: A New Chapter

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

They said he got the braces the day after Izzy was born, but had the jaw breaking a month later.

Remember that Izzy was two weeks late, and Derick probably had that appointment lined up well in advance. I doubt that he could reschedule such a major appointment with such little notice.

I just don't get how he can do this and go to Guatemala for supposedly months on end. Don't the braces need to be adjusted every month? I know mine did.

Two weeks doesn't really sound like much time in the bonding zone.

Now Jill, er, I mean Jana, has two needies (make that three needies) to take care of?

I cannot imagine the pain Derrick has been through.

Poor guy.

I had not thought of a potential why-is-Derrick-not-at-Walmart scandal. Kinda' hope not.

• Love 3

Dark circles are often a symptom of allergies, especially on turbo-Caucasians like Derick and myself. I have them even when well-rested. Maybe his allergies are much worse in NWA and/or Central America than they were when we first "met" him in Nepal.

Thank you, JocelynCavanaugh.

I have this same problem. I've even had one woman (who I had just met) tell me I looked like I had two black eyes because under my eyes were dark (I was like "um, I have horrific sinus allergies, am really fair-skinned and not currently wearing any make-up, b@%#£!")

I am extremely fair (fairer than Derrick) - Polish & Norse. It's truly a #palepersonproblem.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

My biggest annoyance with the whole situation is that they are crying and crying foul over the release of the records on the molestation, yet see no issue airing what is honestly Anna's business...not theirs on national television. They were soooo traumatized when the media brought out their skeletons from the closet and were revictimized, yet at the point when most people moved on from the Ashley Madison scandal... They march right out and put it back in the forefront of public scrutiny.

I really don't understand how they put the show on based on the premise of following Jill and Jessa... Yet it was essentially just putting 19 kids back on and calling it by a different name. Let's call a spade a spade an say the show is back without Josh, Jim bob and Michelle (yes I said this on a different thread if it sounds familiar to anyone). I just find it odd that this show seemed to be another chapter in the "Josh's redemption tour", but disguised as a special about Jessa and Jill.

I don't know who the family has as a publicist (Jim bob probably googled publicist, and now feels qualified to handle it himself) But they should be fired. This show did nothing for their image, especially with Jessa being more smug than ever. I did have moments when I felt bad, but it was for Joy, Jinger and Jana, and not Jill and Jessa. I think those living in the TTH are probably being hit harder with all of this than those who have moved out, because they are having to hold everything together as I suspect Jim Bob and Michelle are likely more checked out than ever.

I also think it's a little messed up that they had Joy appear as a minor, does anyone have any idea how this contract for counting on might work? I know nobody probably knows all the ins and outs, but it occurred to me that if Joy was a minor at filming, would Jim bob be the one paid as her guardian? Are the siblings who are not Jill and Jessa even getting paid for their appearances? I'm not sure how that all works.

When the molestationkolestation (I mean molestation, this is what my phone autocorrected to, and WTF!? I had to leave it because what the actual f!?) scandal broke I felt for the girls, and I still do, even if they want to call it no big deal, it is, and it's not okay on any level, and they have my sympathy for that, no matter what. And if part of their healing is telling their side of the story, more power to them I will gladly listen to what they need to say. However, this feels more like a need to stay relevant than an opportunity to tell their side of the story, which is where they lose me. This is only a 3 part special, and they already spent a majority of the first episode on Josh, and we know a good chunk of the next one will also be about Josh, as we know Anna will be featured... And we checked in with all of the over 18 siblings (minus joy because she was 17 at filming... And obviously Josh) so this is not a special about Jill and Jessa, it's a Fuggar (Duggar...another autocorrect that I find genius, and will not be fixing) update. I get that their families are part of their lives so they are going to be around, but it basically followed the same format as any other episode of 19 kids and counting, Jill and Jessa have been featured and had more screen time for the last 2 seasons anyway.

I also agree that the reaction to the cheating seems a bit overboard for those not directly involved. I understand they are shocked, I even understand them being angry on Anna's behalf, but I do not understand them seeming to be more angry than they were when they themselves were victims. I know the molestation was a long time ago, so the cheating is more on the forefront and perhaps they have moved on from the molestation, but in my opinion, the flaw in this logic is that we saw them on tv relatively close to the time of the original offense, and they were not torn up over it then either. Could they have been putting up a front? Yes absolutely, in fact I guarantee they were... But at the end of the day they were able to put it to the side enough that other than the "sin in the camp" that was mostly revered as a rumor, nobody suspected a thing. If I was the mother I don't think I could turn around and film a show portraying my life as perfectly happy, but when the film crew leaves and the girls have to be locked in their room to protect them from their own brother. But that's just me I guess.

• Love 12

Iz was born in April 2015, Derick got braces the next day. If the surgery was a month later that would have been May 2015, and he left WMT in June 2015. My guess is he knew he was leaving WMT pretty soon, so he wanted to get it done while still on their dental/health insurance. Maybe he rushed to get it done when a dr. recommended it, rather than seeking out further opinions bc he knew he had to schedule relatively soon. Or maybe it was some fundie oral surgeon or some oral surgeon who knows and respects JB who told him it needed to be done and then he didn't feel like he COULD disagree or seek another opinion.

• Love 4

My biggest annoyance with the whole situation is that they are crying and crying foul over the release of the records on the molestation, yet see no issue airing what is honestly Anna's business...not theirs on national television. They were soooo traumatized when the media brought out their skeletons from the closet and were revictimized, yet at the point when most people moved on from the Ashley Madison scandal... They march right out and put it back in the forefront of public scrutiny.

I really don't understand how they put the show on based on the premise of following Jill and Jessa... Yet it was essentially just putting 19 kids back on and calling it by a different name. Let's call a spade a spade an say the show is back without Josh, Jim bob and Michelle (yes I said this on a different thread if it sounds familiar to anyone). I just find it odd that this show seemed to be another chapter in the "Josh's redemption tour", but disguised as a special about Jessa and Jill.

I don't know who the family has as a publicist (Jim bob probably googled publicist, and now feels qualified to handle it himself) But they should be fired. This show did nothing for their image, especially with Jessa being more smug than ever. I did have moments when I felt bad, but it was for Joy, Jinger and Jana, and not Jill and Jessa. I think those living in the TTH are probably being hit harder with all of this than those who have moved out, because they are having to hold everything together as I suspect Jim Bob and Michelle are likely more checked out than ever.

I also think it's a little messed up that they had Joy appear as a minor, does anyone have any idea how this contract for counting on might work? I know nobody probably knows all the ins and outs, but it occurred to me that if Joy was a minor at filming, would Jim bob be the one paid as her guardian? Are the siblings who are not Jill and Jessa even getting paid for their appearances? I'm not sure how that all works.

When the molestationkolestation (I mean molestation, this is what my phone autocorrected to, and WTF!? I had to leave it because what the actual f!?) scandal broke I felt for the girls, and I still do, even if they want to call it no big deal, it is, and it's not okay on any level, and they have my sympathy for that, no matter what. And if part of their healing is telling their side of the story, more power to them I will gladly listen to what they need to say. However, this feels more like a need to stay relevant than an opportunity to tell their side of the story, which is where they lose me. This is only a 3 part special, and they already spent a majority of the first episode on Josh, and we know a good chunk of the next one will also be about Josh, as we know Anna will be featured... And we checked in with all of the over 18 siblings (minus joy because she was 17 at filming... And obviously Josh) so this is not a special about Jill and Jessa, it's a Fuggar (Duggar...another autocorrect that I find genius, and will not be fixing) update. I get that their families are part of their lives so they are going to be around, but it basically followed the same format as any other episode of 19 kids and counting, Jill and Jessa have been featured and had more screen time for the last 2 seasons anyway.

I also agree that the reaction to the cheating seems a bit overboard for those not directly involved. I understand they are shocked, I even understand them being angry on Anna's behalf, but I do not understand them seeming to be more angry than they were when they themselves were victims. I know the molestation was a long time ago, so the cheating is more on the forefront and perhaps they have moved on from the molestation, but in my opinion, the flaw in this logic is that we saw them on tv relatively close to the time of the original offense, and they were not torn up over it then either. Could they have been putting up a front? Yes absolutely, in fact I guarantee they were... But at the end of the day they were able to put it to the side enough that other than the "sin in the camp" that was mostly revered as a rumor, nobody suspected a thing. If I was the mother I don't think I could turn around and film a show portraying my life as perfectly happy, but when the film crew leaves and the girls have to be locked in their room to protect them from their own brother. But that's just me I guess.

Jim Bob and Michelle are okay with exploiting others when it suits them. Grandpa Duggar being rolled out on an office chair, J'child falling into an orchestra pit, Anna giving birth on a toilet, for example. God forbid the ebil librul media exploit THEM for a profit. Suddenly, they're being persecuted!!!111 They're the VICTIMS of some conspiracy!!!

If the Duggars were such good Christians they would donate all of their money from the show to people in need. They act like they deserve a show simply for being God's Speshul Snowflakes. I can't wait until reality hits them hard.

• Love 21

I didn't know until now how lucky I was to not have dental issues as a child.  

Now as an old adult I need a couple of caps to replace the ones that fell off but don't go because I am immune to lidocaine or whatever dentists use, and my bones are deteriorating.  Makes its very hard to do a procedure.  So, suck it, so far.  

Could Derick just have had his teeth pulled and get dentures and be done with it?  Would that have taken care of his main problems?  If so I'd have gone for it, even at a young age.

BTW his mom did not look very healthy in this episode.  She has aged a lot in the 2 years we've seen her, and looks very fragile.

Edited by Micks Picks

I knew she had cancer, and was concerned that she was not yet looking a iittle more fit.  It's been 2 years since J and D married and I thought she might have a healthier look about her by now.  It concerns me, because, apparently unlike Jill, I do care for those who undergo massive health issues.

• Love 6

Dark circles are often a symptom of allergies, especially on turbo-Caucasians like Derick and myself. I have them even when well-rested. Maybe his allergies are much worse in NWA and/or Central America than they were when we first "met" him in Nepal.

I know this is way off topic, but Jocelyn, you are gorgeous!

• Love 1
And virtually no sympathy from Jill. I found that very strange. But Jill is very strange, too.

But they all are in that respect. None of them seem to be able to demonstrate real empathy toward others. Their interactions with one another and with "outsiders" is incredibly stilted most of the time.

• Love 9

I think Derick began his procedure fully expecting to be in the US the whole time. The whole 'going-to-do-mission-work-in-Guatemala' is a hurriedly-contrived result of being canned at WalMart, and of course - the Adventures of Josh.

Was he canned or did he quit?

• Love 1

The official party line is he resigned, but I believe some sort of email was circulating around WalMart HQ that implied he may have been let go.

I kind of wonder if Jill spilled the beans about wanting to do mission work to the boss, or coworkers, at one of the lunches. You never, ever let you boss know you're gonna quit until everything's lined up.

• Love 3

Was he canned or did he quit?

I should have written -  "of being, IMO, canned at WalMart... " My apologies. The timing, the questionable circumstances etc, all strongly lead me to believe Derick did not willingly walk away from a job most everyone would have been very glad to have.

• Love 2

You're very kind! But that's not me it's Jennie Garth, aka Kelly Taylor from 90210! :)

LOL! Damn, I'm a dumbass!

I should have written -  "of being, IMO, canned at WalMart... " My apologies. The timing, the questionable circumstances etc, all strongly lead me to believe Derick did not willingly walk away from a job most everyone would have been very glad to have.

I agree, Wellfleet. I know they played it off like he quit, but I'm guessing they got real tired of him missing a lot of work. You know he was at Boob's beck and call 24/7.

• Love 4

I got the feeling that he quit because he wanted to get Jill the hell out of Dodge. It's too bad they've been sucked back in with these specials. 

I agree.  As beta-y as he is (IMO, Derick's time at OSU not in mascot costume partially involved him being made fun of as one of those geeky overly involved Christian wimps), I think he does want to do right by Jill and his family and he does occasionally show teeth.  His quote of 'there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed' this episode was clearly aimed in Josh's direction.

• Love 4

I think doing a reality show opens a person up to scrutiny and and puts them in the line of snark. But I don't believe they then owe anyone more than they want to give about their personal lives. It's a fine and hard line to walk, but the're allowed to keep stuff private.

I agree with this. The only time I take exception is when reality TV participants start getting pissy about having life ruffled by public curiosity, opinion, or even friendliness. They want all the perks and none of the hassle of putting their lives out for general consumption. You see it over and over, and it makes me a wee bit stabby.

• Love 11

I agree with this. The only time I take exception is when reality TV participants start getting pissy about having life ruffled by public curiosity, opinion, or even friendliness. They want all the perks and none of the hassle of putting their lives out for general consumption. You see it over and over, and it makes me a wee bit stabby.

I also agree, 100% they don't owe any explanation, I said above that if they want to talk I'm more than happy to listen but I don't think they have to talk if they don't want to... I guess in this instance it just frustrates me because they say the evil media brought all of this out, yet they spent nearly an hour of an 1 1/2 hour show talking about the issue. They are more than welcome to share as much or as little of their story as they please, but they also have to realize the public scrutiny that goes along with it ( nobody really said anything about this that I quoted just adding my 2 cents... I do t want anyone to feel I'm putting words in their mouths). I go back and forth on the reality show issue, because they did not really have a say in the initial airing of their lives, and now they don't really know life any differently. But at the same time they chose to perpetuate this, they pursued another show after the demise of 19 kids, Dispite how difficult media made things for them I don't think anyone would have blamed them for obscuring themselves.

I meant to say this before but it slipped my mind, I actually give the kids a pass on the "likes" and "umms", I know it's irritating as hell for most... But I think to some degree it's just how this generation speaks... I know I am extremely guilty of it. In real life I'm a relatively shy person, so pretty much any speaking situation makes me nervous, even one on one with a stranger (not so much my friends)... And when I'm nervous the "likes and "umms" come out with a vengeance. It's actually one of the reasons I absolutely hate hearing myself talk, it's so annoying, and I try to be aware and stop it, but it's so automatic most of the time.

• Love 9

And when I'm nervous the "likes and "umms" come out with a vengeance. It's actually one of the reasons I absolutely hate hearing myself talk, it's so annoying, and I try to be aware and stop it, but it's so automatic most of the time.

The most aggravating thing to me with any verbal 'tic' is that the more you try to stop it, the more you tend to do it!  At least in my experience.

• Love 2

I also agree, 100% they don't owe any explanation, I said above that if they want to talk I'm more than happy to listen but I don't think they have to talk if they don't want to... I guess in this instance it just frustrates me because they say the evil media brought all of this out, yet they spent nearly an hour of an 1 1/2 hour show talking about the issue. They are more than welcome to share as much or as little of their story as they please, but they also have to realize the public scrutiny that goes along with it ( nobody really said anything about this that I quoted just adding my 2 cents... I do t want anyone to feel I'm putting words in their mouths). I go back and forth on the reality show issue, because they did not really have a say in the initial airing of their lives, and now they don't really know life any differently. But at the same time they chose to perpetuate this, they pursued another show after the demise of 19 kids, Dispite how difficult media made things for them I don't think anyone would have blamed them for obscuring themselves.

I meant to say this before but it slipped my mind, I actually give the kids a pass on the "likes" and "umms", I know it's irritating as hell for most... But I think to some degree it's just how this generation speaks... I know I am extremely guilty of it. In real life I'm a relatively shy person, so pretty much any speaking situation makes me nervous, even one on one with a stranger (not so much my friends)... And when I'm nervous the "likes and "umms" come out with a vengeance. It's actually one of the reasons I absolutely hate hearing myself talk, it's so annoying, and I try to be aware and stop it, but it's so automatic most of the time.

At first I wasn't bothered by it either but then I noticed how they really use "like" almost every three words. I've been teaching teenagers for 13 years now so hear them talking all day every day and I have never heard anyone use it as much as these morons. And they aren't teenagers! They are all really very dumb and it was so painful to see them all struggling so hard to put together a sentence and once they finally did, the sentence was still shit.

• Love 10

All of that crying, mostly without tears, and not one mention of any sorrow for what Anna is going through. Just seemed odd to me. Josh cheating on her didn't harm his brothers and sisters, it harmed his wife and children. Period. It might have embarrassed the rest of them because it was made public, but to the point of crying on TV?

I recall watching in fascination as one of them (Jill or Jessa,can't recall) -- during the special -- was getting very emotional, and doing that, "crying without tears" thing, when she whips out a tissue, puts it up under her eye, and pushes up to wipe away......nothing.  I don't know why it captured my attention.  Maybe it was the intense amount of pressure it seemed to me she was exerting in her effort....or maybe I've never seen anyone push up into their [dry] eye like that, trying to squeeze out at least one little tear.

• Love 5

Ben's hair is just baffling, it's like he wants people to think he has Teresa Giudice's hairline.

I was thinking he was trying out for the role of Mini-JimBob....maybe trying to snag an Aquanet endorsement.

First, I forgot to mention having to roll my eyes at Ben's "Worthy of the Lamb" T-shirt. Please.

Second, I wonder if any of the kids - maybe Jana, at least - will begin to question whether Situation #2 might have resulted from Josh's resentment at being held to the One True Path instead of living his own life, marrying on his own terms (if at all), etc. Oh, who am I kidding? They'll just pray more.

(Did anyone else flinch at the title of TLC's new show, "Skin Tight"? Aieeee.)

I thought it said, "Worthy IS the lamb..."   Perfectly acceptable, if that is the case. 

Edited by OhioMom
  • Love 1

Are Gothardites opposed to IVF? Because the ultimate Hail Mary pass (if you'll pardon the expression) in this situation would be a new miracle baby for Michelle.

Yes, they are very much opposed to it, as are many fundies I know, because of how often a fertilized egg fails to implant. Which is murder in their eyes.

I didn't know until now how lucky I was to not have dental issues as a child.  

Now as an old adult I need a couple of caps to replace the ones that fell off but don't go because I am immune to lidocaine or whatever dentists use, and my bones are deteriorating.  Makes its very hard to do a procedure.  So, suck it, so far.  

Could Derick just have had his teeth pulled and get dentures and be done with it?  Would that have taken care of his main problems?  If so I'd have gone for it, even at a young age.

BTW his mom did not look very healthy in this episode.  She has aged a lot in the 2 years we've seen her, and looks very fragile.

Sounds like the issue wasn't extensive decay, which would be the only reason for pulling all his teeth and going for dentures or implants. If his jaw needed to be expanded as many are saying, that's a different issue.

• Love 1

Turbo-caucasian is a new term for me. What is it? 

I thought it said, "Worthy IS the lamb..."   Perfectly acceptable, if that is the case. 

I didn't watch the show, but when I heard this, what occurred to me is that there's a song, apparently, called "Worthy of the lamb." So I thought maybe the t-shirt was about that -- Ben being such a hipster and all. ..... The thing about the song is, the title drives me crazy, and I've always suspected that it was perpetrated by somebody too dumb and careless to know that the real line is "Worthy is the lamb." But I've been too lazy and otherwise disinclined to delve into the matter and find out the lyrics and origin, etc.. ....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I didn't watch the show, but when I heard this, what occurred to me is that there's a song, apparently, called "Worthy of the lamb." So I thought maybe the t-shirt was about that -- Ben being such a hipster and all. ..... The thing about the song is, the title drives me crazy, and I've always suspected that it was perpetrated by somebody too dumb and careless to know that the real line is "Worthy is the lamb." But I've been too lazy and otherwise disinclined to delve into the matter and find out the lyrics and origin, etc.. ....

I didn't listen, bit if anyone cares too...

Oops, I guess this is Worthy is the Lamb, not of. That's all Google would give me.

Edited by GeeGolly
Could Derick just have had his teeth pulled and get dentures and be done with it?  Would that have taken care of his main problems?  If so I'd have gone for it, even at a young age.

It sounds like his jaw needed expanding. It sounds like his teeth weren't aligning in a big way so they broke/expanded his jaw and added braces. They suggested doing that to my nephew.  Carol Burnette had it done also.  You can tell by watching her old shows then seeing some of her later movies and her infomercials. The off-set jaw effect was from the surgery.  Unfortunately in my opinion, it now makes it look like she had a stroke and is getting over it.

Edited by Catlyn
  • Love 1
But they all are in that respect. None of them seem to be able to demonstrate real empathy toward others. Their interactions with one another and with "outsiders" is incredibly stilted most of the time.

Agree. I feel badly for those kids, I think they really just do not know how to show true emotion, how to even understand their OWN emotions half the time. They were raised by that psychotic, keep-sweet, robot of a mother and a dad who likely chuckles and tells you to brush it off when you're hurt or scared. Remember when Josiah was so upset and fled the room? Both Josiah and Joy Anna seem to have the hardest time containing their emotions, and it does make sense that not all kids would be susceptible to the way ma and pa have tried to raise them. But the rest of them just seem so dead inside. 

• Love 11

I recall watching in fascination as one of them (Jill or Jessa,can't recall) -- during the special -- was getting very emotional, and doing that, "crying without tears" thing, when she whips out a tissue, puts it up under her eye, and pushes up to wipe away......nothing.  I don't know why it captured my attention.  Maybe it was the intense amount of pressure it seemed to me she was exerting in her effort....or maybe I've never seen anyone push up into their [dry] eye like that, trying to squeeze out at least one little tear.

I'm pretty sure it was Jill & the fake tears. I think when they do the eye dabbling thing, it looks like they are wiping away tears that would mess up their eye makeup. Don't know about the rest of you, but anytime I cry, whether it's just my eyes tearing up at a movie or full waterworks, my nose starts to run & I need 20 tissues to take care of everything. Dabbling at my eyes with one tissue would never work.

• Love 10

I was thinking he was trying out for the role of Mini-JimBob....maybe trying to snag an Aquanet endorsement.

I thought it said, "Worthy IS the lamb..." Perfectly acceptable, if that is the case.

I did some googling and it looks like you are correct. I will cross that one off my "Roll Eyes at Ben" list.

ETA: I see others poked around too. IS, not OF. Sorry for the snark, Ben.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

So I finally caught up and watched the special...imo, it was very poorly put together as far as editing goes. I feel like I didn't really need to see anything beyond what the promos already showed me. However, and I'm going to the prayer closet for this, but it wasn't until last night that I realized how brutally unattractive Derrick is. It happened towards the beginning when his face was kinda blurred and I wanted to recoil---I know, I know I'm going to hell---but seriously, I could not wake up to that face everyday. Ignoring the dental issues, I never really thought he was THAT bad looking until last night.

As for the rest, it was pretty boring. The most exciting part was hearing JD and Joe actually speak out against their brother just because it was a refreshing change. 

• Love 1

It sounds like his jaw needed expanding. It sounds like his teeth weren't aligning in a big way so they broke/expanded his jaw and added braces. They suggested doing that to my nephew.  Carol Burnette had it done also.  You can tell by watching her old shows then seeing some of her later movies and her infomercials. The off-set jaw effect was from the surgery.  Unfortunately in my opinion, it now makes it look like she had a stroke and is getting over it.

If I recall correctly (and I think it's been twenty-ish years), Carol Burnett's procedure wound up damaging or severing a nerve, hence the drooping mouth.

• Love 1

At first I wasn't bothered by it either but then I noticed how they really use "like" almost every three words. I've been teaching teenagers for 13 years now so hear them talking all day every day and I have never heard anyone use it as much as these morons. And they aren't teenagers! They are all really very dumb and it was so painful to see them all struggling so hard to put together a sentence and once they finally did, the sentence was still shit.

Agree. I've noticed the "um... like... awesome..." pattern often among pre-teens, teens, sometimes even younger college students - but these patterns are temporary. Except with the Duggars. They've spoken like this all along, especially the girls. In part because they've really never been encouraged to express themselves, in part because they weren't read to, don't read themselves, don't see movies, TV etc, don't have regular contact with non-family. Aren't exposed to how others speak.

• Love 11

Also, I assume they have the ability to do more than one take on camera? So NO real excuse for the constant likes, ums, etc.

And now I'm picturing a very special episode of outtakes and bloopers.

Santa...?

• Love 5

So I get the feeling reading here that everyone thinks this is a lead -in for the Duggars getting back on the air like before except without Joshie. So I guess the meaning of "counting on" has as much, if not more, to do with "counting on getting back on tv as a regular series" as it does with the Duggar girls producing another generation of kiddos.  I just got so bored by the few minutes I saw of this.

• Love 5

Also, I assume they have the ability to do more than one take on camera? So NO real excuse for the constant likes, ums, etc. 

Excellent point. So once again, I'll point to the extremely-feeble TLC management/crew. Do they think - AT ALL - about what they're filming and ultimately airing? Seriously. More than a few times, I've been sitting there thinking - "Is TLC deliberately trying to sink the Duggars? I can't believe they're airing this..." I have actually wondered if Boob had finally made himself such a monumental PITA that TLC felt like they had to scuttle the Duggars, rather than wait until they finally sank themselves into oblivion.

• Love 9