Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

She writes "I try to hold off going out with dogs as long as I can, because I love watching" the elk. But those in the know, know that she tries to hold off going out to avoid the strenuous activity of walking the dogs for as long as possible

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

the actual work in dehydrating doesn't take that long.  You just prepare the cauliflower.  The dehydration process itself runs 6-12 hours in a rockstar Instant Pot or Airfryer (and I believe Janelle has both)

And if she doesn't want to overheat the RV, she can do it outside.  I use my airfryer on the balcony.

Instead of processed, overpriced snacks all day, why not make meals of real food, like undehydrated cauliflower + protein?  Then you won't be hungry for snacks.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Could be that she just doesn’t have enough room for the prep work. Our 5th wheel has a nice sized kitchen with a small bar but still not enough counter space to do extensive prep work. I also wouldn’t want to cut up the veggies outside where the bugs could get to them.

Or, maybe Janelle just doesn’t want to make the effort.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Could be that she just doesn’t have enough room for the prep work. Our 5th wheel has a nice sized kitchen with a small bar but still not enough counter space to do extensive prep work. I also wouldn’t want to cut up the veggies outside where the bugs could get to them.

Or, maybe Janelle just doesn’t want to make the effort.

I've always preferred homemade, the way Grandma cooked. I balk at buying chopped onions from the grocery. Ridiculous!! I have cooked in small kitchens.  Janelle is the self proclaimed logical one. If she set her mind to it, she could devise a system with stackable plastic containers from a dollar store. Geez.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I've always preferred homemade, the way Grandma cooked. I balk at buying chopped onions from the grocery. Ridiculous!! I have cooked in small kitchens.  Janelle is the self proclaimed logical one. If she set her mind to it, she could devise a system with stackable plastic containers from a dollar store. Geez.  

My grandma was the WORST cook in the world.  I used to dread having to eat there.  She just couldn't cook.  Unlike Janelle, she was not lazy, and she really tried.  Everything just was plain bad.  In his adult years, my dad would eat anything, and would eat fast.  Everything because he appreciated good cooking, and fast because he learned the faster he ate his mother's cooking the less he tasted it.  I loved my grandma, and she was a very lovely person, but her cooking was really food to avoid. (And she had a college degree in home ec!!!)

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

When we were first introduced to the Brown family, Janelle was selling some kind of food storage containers, I believe it was an MLM.  She had a good target market as Mormons are known for keeping a good supply of food on hand.  The business seemed to just drift away and not be mentioned after the first episode or so.

Janelle would be all about chopped onions, this is a woman that keeps canned cabbage on hand and no doubt, canned potatoes.  It may be more practical to utilize some of these semi prepared foods though, given the limited preparation and storage space in a unit that was designed for recreational use rather than full time living.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

When we were first introduced to the Brown family, Janelle was selling some kind of food storage containers, I believe it was an MLM.  She had a good target market as Mormons are known for keeping a good supply of food on hand.  The business seemed to just drift away and not be mentioned after the first episode or so.

Janelle would be all about chopped onions, this is a woman that keeps canned cabbage on hand and no doubt, canned potatoes.  It may be more practical to utilize some of these semi prepared foods though, given the limited preparation and storage space in a unit that was designed for recreational use rather than full time living.

I wonder if she was able to speak knowledgeably  about the storage containers. I suspect she's not a great cook. Christine probably taught Logan. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I wonder if she was able to speak knowledgeably  about the storage containers. I suspect she's not a great cook. Christine probably taught Logan. 

Like most MLMs, it probably wasn't about the product.  It's all about the downline.  When Amway was in full swing, there wasn't a month go by, that someone from my near or distant past would contact me about an exciting opportunity.  If I responded that I wasn't in any way interested in becoming a representative, but I would be willing to help them out by buying the product because I heard it was pretty good, I would be met with stunned silence.  They never had any intention to actually sell these cleaning products.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 7/8/2021 at 8:36 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

That photo of Kody and Janelle seems to indicate the outdoor dining was a good idea.  

Outdoor dining is probably a good idea when dining with Janelle… all that canned cabbage and plexus are like a nuclear bomb! ☢️ 💣 

• LOL 9
12 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Outdoor dining is probably a good idea when dining with Janelle… all that canned cabbage and plexus are like a nuclear bomb! ☢️ 💣 

Amazing that Robochin let him out to do that. He actually looks happy in that photo and it seems natural...

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

She writes "I try to hold off going out with dogs as long as I can, because I love watching" the elk. But those in the know, know that she tries to hold off going out to avoid the strenuous activity of walking the dogs for as long as possible

She should also know elk can attack dogs (and humans)  if they’re in the wrong mood. Happened often enough when I worked in Yellowstone. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

She should also know elk can attack dogs (and humans)  if they’re in the wrong mood. Happened often enough when I worked in Yellowstone. 

Good point.  I recently saw a video of a deer who attacks a hawk who was attacking a rabbit in a field!  The deer must have liked the rabbit to save its life by stomping the hawk to death!  😳

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 7/8/2021 at 1:49 PM, ginger90 said:

31EFB4B1-71A4-4F1C-A4C2-D02D2544EFFF.jpeg

Chinese takeout because Kody didn't want to subject his GI system to any of that slop you serve up, Janelle.

That being said, a nice pic of them.  

I hope Robyn was fit to be tied when Janelle posted this.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Chinese takeout because Kody didn't want to subject his GI system to any of that slop you serve up, Janelle.

That being said, a nice pic of them.  

I hope Robyn was fit to be tied when Janelle posted this.  

I wonder how old the take-out was? 😆 For some reason, I could see her keeping it cool for a couple days in a ice chest.

How far is town from her 'adventurous living' spot? 

I find it odd that we see off-season SM pics and updates from everyone except Robyn. Do they keep her locked in the closet until the new season? (That would be her sisterwives closet of course)

• LOL 11
12 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I find it odd that we see off-season SM pics and updates from everyone except Robyn. Do they keep her locked in the closet until the new season? (That would be her sisterwives closet of course)

If I were Janelle, I would be vindictive enough to ask Robyn at every opportunity...How's MSWC coming along?  It's been over 2 years now and the notice that they are in the process of updating still stands on the website.

As I recall, they debated whether to open a gym, which was to be more or less Janelle's baby, or dive headlong into the joolry business, with Robyn's "designer" talents expressed. 

In some respects, I can see the rationale for jewelry vs gym, the start-up cost of purchasing equipment, leasing a facility, and hiring professional trainers would be enormous compared to having a limited inventory of sterling pendants, supplemented with job lots of off-shore manufactured junk available at any discount outlet.

In the end run though, they may have been better off with the gym, they took a shotgun approach to marketing the jewelry, deluding themselves that any one other than polygamists would find any reason to wear their targeted designs.  At least with the gym, they had several candidates within the family with the potential to show results.

The only saving grace for the jewelry is that sterling silver has appreciated nicely over the past 2 years and they may be able to recoup some of their costs in scrap melt value.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It doesn't solve the mystery of what exactly Janelle does that keeps her so busy, but if she doesn't have access to power, that's probably the main thing stopping her from making her own rockstar snacks. The onboard batteries in an RV can handle the lights, built-in fans and device chargers with an adapter, but I don't think they can power a kitchen appliance for a few hours. You'd need to use a generator which, like water, most people who are dry camping try to use sparingly (like 10 minutes to make your toast and coffee, not hours to dehydrate). 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Sandy W said:

If I were Janelle, I would be vindictive enough to ask Robyn at every opportunity...How's MSWC coming along?  It's been over 2 years now and the notice that they are in the process of updating still stands on the website.

As I recall, they debated whether to open a gym, which was to be more or less Janelle's baby, or dive headlong into the joolry business, with Robyn's "designer" talents expressed. 

In some respects, I can see the rationale for jewelry vs gym, the start-up cost of purchasing equipment, leasing a facility, and hiring professional trainers would be enormous compared to having a limited inventory of sterling pendants, supplemented with job lots of off-shore manufactured junk available at any discount outlet.

In the end run though, they may have been better off with the gym, they took a shotgun approach to marketing the jewelry, deluding themselves that any one other than polygamists would find any reason to wear their targeted designs.  At least with the gym, they had several candidates within the family with the potential to show results.

The only saving grace for the jewelry is that sterling silver has appreciated nicely over the past 2 years and they may be able to recoup some of their costs in scrap melt value.

I’ve always been “meh” on their gym idea. if they bought one to run and kept it quiet who they were, maybe. But we all know quiet is not them and a gym would have been a huge fail—none of them (except maybe Kody) has shown an ability to keep fit. Robyn seemed naturally thin, but even she is showing the stress of probable poor nutrition and sedentary life. 

Thing is, none of them were gym rats. ESPECIALLY Janelle. A gym would have been a joke. 

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I’ve always been “meh” on their gym idea. if they bought one to run and kept it quiet who they were, maybe. But we all know quiet is not them and a gym would have been a huge fail—none of them (except maybe Kody) has shown an ability to keep fit. Robyn seemed naturally thin, but even she is showing the stress of probable poor nutrition and sedentary life. 

Thing is, none of them were gym rats. ESPECIALLY Janelle. A gym would have been a joke. 

Gyms struggled during COVID and I don't see that they would have had any more success with one than the established gym owners who couldn't make it through...

• Love 5
(edited)

Hormones control metabolism, but eating an extra 3500 calories of junk will cause you to gain a pound.  Chasing a family size bag of Doritos with a pink drink doesn't negate the excess calories or the carbs that increase your blood sugar.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 3:51 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

The way she talks about her ultra busyness makes me think of a high-powered excec who works 14 hrs a day, lol.

Let me hit you up with a little Janelle-speak:

Meeting = sitting in the drive-thru at McDonalds waiting on my Quarter Pounder with cheese extra value meal scrolling through email

Busy = having more than one thing to do per day (ex. laundry is one thing.  Scooping dog poo is one thing.  Any more than that and she has to take to her bed with the vapors and start fresh the next day).

Computer work = trying to level up on Candy Crush.

Strive With Janelle = look it up yourself.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:51 PM, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking in her limited spare time, Janelle has not learned about plants and dogs.

E78ADBBB-37E5-430A-9A31-657F1B5FE9F1.jpeg

Let's play our favorite game - Parody Or Janelle??

I know it's her but for crying out loud...."I got these flowers at the Farmers Market!  Of COURSE I know they don't belong on a goll-darn stove but it's the only place I can put them that's not already covered in empty bags of dehydrated cauliflower!  Also I still have 87 boxes of crap in that U-Haul so naturally I don't know where I put my vase!  Stop nagging me, people!  I KNOW what you're all gonna say before you say it so why don't you just shut up and leave me alone!"  Annnnnnnnnnd.....POST.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:37 PM, Elizzikra said:

For some reason, I just assumed the screen door squeaks. Loudly.

Or the steps groan in fear as she lumbers down them.

2 hours ago, jojo3couleurs said:

image.png.59e2aaf65f2e0f4776fcf5b77d5543b8.png

image.png.d3a4a7816b989652406aab7a4bee873b.png

are those the bad hormones Kody warned us about in the past??  🤔

I had to do a double-take to figure out what she was holding in her hand.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

Great, another picture of a frying pan that is older and crustier than dirt. These look like pans you buy at a yard sale or thrift store. She acts like she invented this frying bread procedure with about 3 tablespoons of butta. I guess with no power, you can't use a toaster huh.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

757D445E-B5E4-4020-8C26-3EEC92864438.jpeg

49C54CD2-28B0-4DC0-98D7-5D30B218085F.jpeg

Are Janelle's posts meant to inspire?  Are there people out there who actually care how she makes her toast?  I wouldn't presume that even my nearest and dearest would be interested in such mundane details of my day-to-day life.  Oh, and Janelle, that old baked-on crud in your pan, south of the bread, appears to be giving you the finger.  

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is she claiming that Plexus regulates your hormones? Please show me the scientific data on that. Also, I want to reminder her about her cure-all Plexus the next time she bitches about jet lag (2 hours!), her digestive system, or being too tired. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Me too.  Her big smile had me thinking she's now selling dildos for plyg wives.

• LOL 18
(edited)
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Are we sure this isn't a parody account? Seriously, a picture of toast in a pan? Maybe I'll start taking pix when I make French toast or pancakes. Mmmm, pancakes. Went through a pancake phase in March but haven't made them since. Maybe I'll DM Janelle with a pic.

The toast makes Meri's aged Rice Krispie treats seem almost appetizing by comparison. Maybe Janelle thinks she's competing with the photos of Lizzie's extra-sugary breakfasts.

Toast and elk and plexus, oh my!

ETA just looked at this pic again and wow, she stopped to take it without turning off the open flame.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Me too.  Her big smile had me thinking she's now selling dildos for plyg wives.

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Now on that venture she might actually make a decent salary!

8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm so glad mine's not the only mind that went there. My first thought: that was why she had such a big smile! I wonder what they would call that MLM?

• LOL 10
10 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So she is now going to say this Plexus junk will be the Rockstar, game changer to control hormones? I think she is better off with starting her own gym, I can totally see it (in my head)

image.png.27246c37a292580734a0f7060194a34f.png

Deep fried kale!!

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Hello, any fool could look at that coffee pot and know it wouldn't fit the burner.  I think that is a Turkish Coffee pot but it is a single or maybe only a double serving pot. Does she have no depth perception to see it will not work?? Get a Melitta or a drip coffee maker, boil your water and pour over the coffee in your cup!! Sheesh  she makes everything so hard for herself...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Hello, any fool could look at that coffee pot and know it wouldn't fit the burner.  I think that is a Turkish Coffee pot but it is a single or maybe only a double serving pot. Does she have no depth perception to see it will not work?? Get a Melitta or a drip coffee maker, boil your water and pour over the coffee in your cup!! Sheesh  she makes everything so hard for herself...

She could McGyver it, take a wire coat hanger, shape it into a star grid and set it on the burner. But she probably has her wire cutters still packed away too.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

In one of her posts advertising Plexus, she wrote in part, “I never thought I would find a product that made such a change in how I felt, let alone promote it. However, THAT HAS CHANGED! Moving from my home really put my body to the test - and I can't even begin to tell you the energy & mental clarity I had throughout the entire process.”.

Fast forward, she’s still unpacking, and has no idea where her toaster is. She also had a video where she said she has no idea where her Apple Watch is, and wishes she had been able to use it while packing, etc..  🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 20
12 hours ago, nosedive said:

Are Janelle's posts meant to inspire?  Are there people out there who actually care how she makes her toast?  I wouldn't presume that even my nearest and dearest would be interested in such mundane details of my day-to-day life.  Oh, and Janelle, that old baked-on crud in your pan, south of the bread, appears to be giving you the finger.  

Yes.  Yes, her posts are meant to inspire and yes, there are most definitely people out there who are following her every move with devoted glee.  If you really want your eyes to roll so hard you can hear them, read some comments on her IG page when she posts.  This latest "toast" post was very inspirational to many - some are living vicariously through her (huh?  why?), some are giving her tips on RV living (none of which Janelle will follow because these helpful directions have more than one step to them), and then there's those who give Janelle props for saving so much money by living in the RV, saying that she's the only one with all her marbles (direct quote), etc.  One lady had me rolling when she suggested that all four sister wives - including ROBYN - should move into RVs on the land!  To save money!  And to become one with the property that will eventually become home to the Browns!  The delusion in some of these followers is rather astounding.  Are they watching the same show that we watch?

6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She could Mcyver it, take a wire coat hanger, shape it into a star grid and set it on the burner. But she probably has her wire cutters still packed away too.

You are giving Janelle far too much credit.  Plus, she can't find her wire coat hangers either.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yes! Or just get a large coffee press. I haven’t used any kind of “coffee maker” in years. 

In the Yosemite back country we always had cowboy coffee on hand—you boil the water and pour it into the metal carafe with the grinds. Then, after it sits for a bit, you put a bit of cool water in to settle the grinds. Some times you get grinds in your cup after a pour but, it was fun and kinda like a chuck wagon (except a mule train brought our supplies). 

That said, I can’t pick on Janelle for being creative enough to make toast in a pan. Ya do what ya gotta do. I’ve done it when I arrived at a duty station and realised there’s no toaster (gluten free bread falls apart unless toasted). So I’ve used a pan myself. 

• Love 10

Pretty sure that's a bialetti, had the same issue in my old house with mine (also with my Turkish pot). Wasn't worth buying new since it was a rennal, but if this is a permanent solution she should at least get a campfire pot from military surplus or any of the myriad outdoor retailers there must be where she lives.

Also LOL Mormons aren't supposed to drink coffee but YOLO.

• LOL 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

In the Yosemite back country we always had cowboy coffee on hand—you boil the water and pour it into the metal carafe with the grinds. Then, after it sits for a bit, you put a bit of cool water in to settle the grinds. Some times you get grinds in your cup after a pour but, it was fun and kinda like a chuck wagon (except a mule train brought our supplies). . 

That's a good explanation of how to make coffee when you can't plug in your Mister Coffee.  But this is Janelle we're talking about.  I have the feeling that she did absolutely no research before committing to live in an RV.  I think she just felt that it would be an "adventure," like the time she lived in a teepee for a few days.  But in nearly every post she seems woefully unprepared to do even the simplest of tasks.  In the comments from her followers, many people offer her suggestions on how to do the RV thing and she usually responds by saying, "I'll have to check that out!"  One might think that "checking it out" should've happen BEFORE she moved into a tiny space with no electric or running water (that I know of), especially since she brought her daughter with her.

I also hate that she continually points out that it's just her and Savanah there.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11

She could sell dildos as an MLM, as follows:

"Peckers for Plygs!"  The perfect solution for nights when your 'husband' is banging another 'wife!'  You can keep it on your nightstand, and when your mother visits, put a hat on it!

The last I borrowed from the late, great George Carlin.  🤣

I'm sure someone can come up with a better name.  I've only had one cup of coffee, from my good old Mr. Coffee.  Poor Janelle, camping for months on end isn't my idea of fun!

• LOL 15
(edited)

1. Sex toys from our sister closet

2. Your husband wishes he can satisfy you this much 

3. dildo’s 4 us

4. toys 4 mom 

5. A Kodi toy 4 all

I am awful at this 😂

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Peckers for Plygs! I'm crying laughing right now!

Dildos should be multiplied not divided

Considering how naive many of the plygs seem to be about sex, har-mones, etc., Janelle could make a mint selling the miraculous pink wands.  Many of the wives may have thought 1/4th or 1/8th of a husband was plenty,  but they'd soon find that No husband could be more fun in bed and less work around the house.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It looks like she just slid eggs out of the pan and threw in the bread. And actually...this is how I usually make toast these days. ☺️

I make all of the bread we eat in the household.  Last year during my husband's furlough we were going through multiple loaves each week and one day we were grilling some hot dogs for lunch and my son got up right as we were getting ready to grill and wanted some too (he works night shifts). I only had enough buns on hand for my husband and I, but I had loaf bread.  So, we put our heads together and I said I could make cowboy toast for the extra buns.  Well. after we tried butter toasted bread instead of a bun for a hot dog, we have never gone back to buns, we all prefer the toasted bread.

Cowboy toast got its name from my daughter, when she was about 4.  With my son in school it was just her and I for lunch.  I asked her if she had any requests for lunch and she said toast. But the sandwich kind of toast.  Okay. She's four. I had no idea what sandwich toast was.  She said "the kind of toast you make with a toast-in-cheese sandwich, but no cheese" then she rolled her eyes at me. OH! so you want toast in a pan, not the toaster? YES! So, she pulls up her stool to watch me at the stove and I buttered up the bread on one side and toasted it in the pan and was about to flip it, and she stopped me.  NO MOM! Sandwich toast is only crunchy on ONE SIDE. I made a flippant remark how this is probably how a cowboy makes his toast on an open fire...and she called it Cowboy Toast from then on.  She still prefers her toast cowboy style...

• Love 24