Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I will bet that doesn't come cheap.  So I bet they will have to ration their water use.  Our little old vacation cottage had a small septic and we were forever "saving the flush" and doing dishes in a pan that we would empty outside.  That is no fun.

I would bet money on that!

I have well water and a septic tank. It is just me here but I am very careful what goes down into the septic. Having grown up in CA during the 70's water shortage I bought the "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down" with me here to MT. TP is rationed as far as the septic goes.

I would be claustrophobic in that RV but I would probably get many more days from the black water tank than Janelle.

• Love 9

And while they might have some arrangement for gray water, you still need to keep your water tanks full. No long showers for that group.  Learn to take a "Navy shower" to or have to pay to have a lot of water delivered.   You cannot afford to waste a drop.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

I will bet that doesn't come cheap.  So I bet they will have to ration their water use.  Our little old vacation cottage had a small septic and we were forever "saving the flush" and doing dishes in a pan that we would empty outside.  That is no fun.

I dated a guy who had a lovely yacht, very nice....but he constantly reminded me to not use the toilet!  🤣 

• LOL 13

My aunt has a small septic tank in the ground outside her cottage and in addition to letting it mellow, the associated TP goes in a wastebasket. Only brown TP goes down.  That way she only needs the tank drained once, at the end of the summer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

This is what Janelle has wrought upon us: well-thought out discussions of waste disposal and septic management. We've certainly spent more time than Janelle in considering these things. And we haven't even gotten to what she's going to do with regular household garbage (including all that used TP and the McDonalds and Taco Bell wrappers). She's gonna have to haul that out, too.

Makes my sweltering summer in NYC (with AC) seem luxurious by comparison. Flush toilets, running water  - and *grocery stores* nearby! Plus semi-paved roads (everything in my neighborhood is being dug up for replacement of gas lines and electrical wiring but at least we have those things). 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

And we haven't even gotten to what she's going to do with regular household garbage (including all that used TP and the McDonalds and Taco Bell wrappers). She's gonna have to haul that out, too.

She'll probably drive over & put it in her Sister Wives' garbage cans.  Remember when she had to pay a fine for not paying the per-house garbage pickup charges at the cul-de-sac, thinking it was unfair to have to pay 4 times for "one" family of 23 in 4 houses?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She'll probably drive over & put it in her Sister Wives' garbage cans.  Remember when she had to pay a fine for not paying the per-house garbage pickup charges at the cul-de-sac, thinking it was unfair to have to pay 4 times for "one" family of 23 in 4 houses?

Funny how they twist their narrative to suit the circumstance.  They are one household in this instance, yet when it's time to declare bankruptcy or apply for food stamps as they have done in the past, they are single moms.

• Love 10
On 6/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, Teafortwo said:

Thinking about this some more, I realize that Flagstaff is a college town. In the summer, college kids often move out. Then they come back in the fall. Further proof of Janelle's poor decisions. Unless she already has a house or apartment secured for the fall, she is going to be competing with a lot more prospective renters in Sept or late August than she would if she just found a home now.

But she isn't looking for student accommodation, is she? She needs a proper (small?) family home. Some people out here have said that it's hard to find rentals in Flagstaff and  they're not cheap. 

A few days ago I suggested that landlords may be unwilling to rent out to her. I still think this plausible. They are reality 'tv stars' and the people in Flagstaff were not happy to have them (remember how Meri was chased away from her first house?)

Also, landlords typically look for reliable tenants who look after a property. The Browns have been on tv for about 10 years and have clearly shown their messy financial situation and their impulsive and stupid decision making. Also, I would not call Janelle someone who takes pride in where she lives and at least does an effort to keep it tidy and homely as was often shown on tv. Finally, there are her dogs; not all landlords want pets....

I am not saying she had no options at all, but it would be typically Janelle to choose a simple way out and avoid possible conflicts or stress in trying to find a rental.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Janelle has plenty of SM pics for potential landlords to view her housekeeping skills.  The realtor's photos of her last rental had the house looking nice from the front, but the grass/weeds were well over 6" high in the back yard, visible through the sliding glass door.  With 3.5 able-bodied people in the household there is no excuse for not mowing the lawn.  I can just imagine how full the tall grass was of 3 dogs' droppings, since Janelle often just let them out the back door.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
On 6/29/2021 at 5:50 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe....idk....TLC often has trends.  Recently, Ronald built an extra room for his step son on 90 Day....and, recall some other 90 Day cast members lived in a one room shanty, backyard shed, etc.  Still, it’s difficult to film in those tight quarters.   I guess they could film outside.   It is a mystery as to how Janelle would afford a RV like that.   I just don’t get it.  My guess is that a wealthy benefactor loaned it to her.  I have suspected this for a long time.  The only explanation I can imagine is that a wealthy benefactor keeps Kody a float.  I have no proof of this, of course ,🤫 🤑

It’s also possible they get regular donations like ministers and missionaries, since some of their fellow believers may see them as such. And there may be paid speaking engagements to rally the faithful troops. 

As for Janelle, is she using her RV in conjunction with her real estate powers to sell the lots on CP?  

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Let's not sell Janelle short here....remember for a time, we considered her the "smart" one.

She will sneak over to Robyn's house to dump her garbage in Robyn's trash bins - as long as she gets there before noon, no one will be awake.  She'll sneak into Meri's house when Meri isn't home, which is most of the time, to fill up water bottles and jugs from Meri's kitchen sink.  While she's there, she'll help herself to a few dozen Rice Krispie treats, leaving Meri none the wiser.  She will drop Savanah off at Christine's to shower and get a decent meal, and Janelle will take that opportunity to skinny-dip in the Plague Pond and perhaps soak her clothes and lay them flat to dry in the heat of the Arizona summer sun.  And she surely has a secret dill with Kody - he comes over once a week to empty the septic tanks and she continues to pretend not to care that he never wants to step foot inside the RV.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Mama June and Sister Wives could do a crossover show.  On Mama June, Punkin's husband Josh had a job with an RV rental company cleaning septic tanks.  (Except he's in Georgia.)

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

Also, landlords typically look for reliable tenants who look after a property. The Browns have been on tv for about 10 years and have clearly shown their messy financial situation and their impulsive and stupid decision making.

Do not remember the exact wording. Scene: kodybrown and Robyn's rent or buy dilemma. Still amazed at dimwit Robyn's on camera declaration to blow off the down payment if rental became available or some such grifting/disrespect to owner. Who in their "right mind" would want any business dealings with these losers. The AUB doesn't even want them.

• Love 8

I grew up in the country with a septic tank and a spring for water, then when I was a teen my Grandparents had to have a water well drilled.  It was commonplace to take "bird baths" (I like the Navy shower reference lol) Only with a bird bath you stood in a basin in the basement with a small bucket of clean water and washed, but caught all the water in the basin.  Then the used water was poured back in the bucket and taken out to water the garden.

Before any thunderstorm one of my jobs was to fill the bathtub with buckets of clean water because the spring would run muddy for a few days, as well as the electric (to run the pumps) went out all the time.  All used toilet paper was never flushed but kept in a covered rubbish bin and emptied every couple of days. 

I still live in the country on a septic with well water and we have a much more stable electric grid, but one Monday morning my husband left for the week and bam...the well pump died.  My kids got quick lessons in how to live by carrying water (we have a spring creek that runs under the property and drains by the driveway).  After it was fixed I saw my daughter standing by the sink turning the water on and off.  She said that she had "way more respect for indoor running water" than ever before.

While the RV is cooshy and all, it is still a very aware kind of living.  Those things are designed to be hooked up on a cement pad, leveled and plugged in etc.  Hauling water gets old after the second trip when you discover that you can't haul very much compared to how much water you really need. In times of low rain in the summer I still wash dishes in a tub, dump all the water into a bucket and carry it out to water my garden. Getting water in the quantities she will need (...6 gallon hot water tank empties FAST) and getting waste/water out is going to be a whole lot of time each and every day.

On social media she is spinning her "summer adventure", but even keeping up with just the most basic life needs is going to take her away from everything.  I just hope that the doors are wide open at Robyn and Christine's houses for Savannah to come and go when she needs a long hot shower or just to get away from the confinement of the RV.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10

I totally forgot about lugging the trash to someplace too. I doubt Kody is coming over to take it back to Robyn's, maybe she found a dumpster behind Jack in the Box ? Not sure how much rainfall Flagg gets in the summer, but it will turn into one big muddy mess for sure and I bet the marbles that fell out of Janelles head when coming up with this idea roll all the way down the camper due to it being unlevel.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I totally forgot about lugging the trash to someplace too. I doubt Kody is coming over to take it back to Robyn's, maybe she found a dumpster behind Jack in the Box ? Not sure how much rainfall Flagg gets in the summer, but it will turn into one big muddy mess for sure and I bet the marbles that fell out of Janelles head when coming up with this idea roll all the way down the camper due to it being unlevel.

I'd love to see a Strife by Janelle post 🙂

• LOL 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I bet the marbles that fell out of Janelles head when coming up with this idea roll all the way down the camper due to it being unlevel.

Rolling marbles were the first thing I thought of when I saw how the RV was parked on the dirt "pad".  I hope they have some decent steps so the overfed little dog and her mom's old dog can climb inside to avoid being bear bait.

I noticed on Zillow that there are a lot of unserviced plots of land with trees or bald prairie for sale in the area, some have been listed for months.  So it probably will not be easy for Kootie to unload them when he becomes desperate.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Rolling marbles were the first thing I thought of when I saw how the RV was parked on the dirt "pad".  I hope they have some decent steps so the overfed little dog and her mom's old dog can climb inside to avoid being bear bait.

I noticed on Zillow that there are a lot of unserviced plots of land with trees or bald prairie for sale in the area, some have been listed for months.  So it probably will not be easy for Kootie to unload them when he becomes desperate.

There’s some lots for rent in that area that resembles theirs.  It says off the grid and that there is a trailer on the property. But, the trailer in the photo looks older than Janelle’s, though they do resemble.  You can find it on Craigs List Flagstaff. 

• Useful 3
On 7/1/2021 at 3:52 AM, LilyD said:

But she isn't looking for student accommodation, is she? She needs a proper (small?) family home. Some people out here have said that it's hard to find rentals in Flagstaff and  they're not cheap. 

Your points about landlords being leery of renting to these folks are well taken; however I think if Janelle is willing to live in an RV she'd be willing to I've in an apt. College students, particularly in the upper years, often do rent small houses to share, especially in college towns like Flagstaff. If I owned a rental house there I'd be inclined to rent to 2 or 3 responsible students (perhaps with a parental guarantor) over any of the Brown adults. 

• Love 8

Tickets from Flagstaff to Charlotte, NC ( couldn't remember where Maddie lives so just picked the largest city) are averaging $500 apiece.  Must be nice to have 2K laying around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Tickets from Flagstaff to Charlotte, NC ( couldn't remember where Maddie lives so just picked the largest city) are averaging $500 apiece.  Must be nice to have 2K laying around.

If flying from AZ to Greenville, NC, they’re  likely to fly into Raleigh-Durham International. It’s a little over an hour drive to Greenville and several hours from Charlotte, but I just realized that you could fly into Charlotte, then catch flight to Greenville airport. But, if they are at a Williamsburg, VA bnb, they likely all flew into Richmond, VA. It’s a short drive from there to Williamsburg.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if Janelle's living in an RV on Prairie Dog Plague Flats is a passive-aggressive response to Christine's finale last season.  The fambly could be saying either

• "Look!  We are developing the land!  And now that it's a celebrity home, Kody says it's going to appreciate even more!  You were wrong." or
  • "Shut up!  If we lose the show because of you, you will lose your house, and this will be you."

I assume that Janelle didn't downsize and can't fit two households of belonging in that motorhome.  Either she moved all her stuff into more U-Hauls on the land, or just spread it out over the property.

I also doubt that she ever considered Savannah in this move.  Janelle does what she wants to do, or sits there, refusing to do anything she doesn't want to do, then writes about how she strives.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I wonder if Janelle's living in an RV on Prairie Dog Plague Flats is a passive-aggressive response to Christine's finale last season.  The fambly could be saying either

• "Look!  We are developing the land!  And now that it's a celebrity home, Kody says it's going to appreciate even more!  You were wrong." or
  • "Shut up!  If we lose the show because of you, you will lose your house, and this will be you."

I assume that Janelle didn't downsize and can't fit two households of belonging in that motorhome.  Either she moved all her stuff into more U-Hauls on the land, or just spread it out over the property.

I also doubt that she ever considered Savannah in this move.  Janelle does what she wants to do, or sits there, refusing to do anything she doesn't want to do, then writes about how she strives.

OOOOH!  I think you are on to something there Grifter Lives.  This may be Janelle's P/A way of saying to Kody and the other wives...just look at me, I don't need a big fancy home (Robyn and Meri), all I want is YOU my prince (Kody).

I am willing to risk the educational prospects of my child (Gabe), the isolation and lack of social development of another (Savanah) and the putdowns and alienation of yet another (Logan), all for the common good.  

I will also arm myself with a clipboard and make the rounds surveying the other wives so they will think they have a voice in our finite(tm) resources.

You don't even have to toss me an occasional bone (tee-hee) Kody, just a periodic pat on my ample rump and exclaiming "Well Done Soldier" is all I need from you Kody.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Ohmystars, she actually did it! I tip my hat to those lovely posters who said she'd end up in a trailer on the property. You called it!

At first, I thought it was one of @Mahamid Frauded Me's glorious parody posts, (which are absolutely delicious btw, I'm reading old threads and dying laughing), and then I realized it's actually true! (HAHA omg Janelle, never change.) 

So...are Savanah AND Gabe living there with her? Or is he out of the house already? Poor Savanah, she's at the mercy of her kooky mom's not-so-brilliant decisions, and also her inedible cooking. (Or her 'cooking' which means closest drive-thru or gas station)

These people just waste so much freaking money making the dumbest choices. I wish they'd send it all to me instead 😆 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
On 7/1/2021 at 1:00 PM, Roslyn said:

It was commonplace to take "bird baths" 

This reminded me of a documentary about a call center in India.  4 guys lived in a 12'x12' windowless room that only had a couple of electrical outlets and a cold-water tap. They took what they called a "mug bath".  Basically a sponge bath with the water heated up in a coffee mug in the microwave.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

So...are Savanah AND Gabe living there with her? 

Possibly Gabe is bunking in with Garrison in his newly renovated trailer.  Garrison said that he planned to park it "down by the river", hopefully in an area that is serviced with utilities.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

OOOOH!  I think you are on to something there Grifter Lives.  This may be Janelle's P/A way of saying to Kody and the other wives...just look at me, I don't need a big fancy home (Robyn and Meri), all I want is YOU my prince (Kody).

I wonder if she parked it on the plot with the 'pond' and will patrol it like they all were afraid Meri would do if given that plot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

This reminded me of a documentary about a call center in India.  4 guys lived in a 12'x12' windowless room that only had a couple of electrical outlets and a cold-water tap. They took what they called a "mug bath".  Basically a sponge bath with the water heated up in a coffee mug in the microwave.

The air must be fetid in that room.  No wonder those guys are so cranky.  When I rejected a pitch to sell me a security alarm system by countering that I had a large vicious dog for security (I don't), he came back at me with "I don't give a sh*t about your f*cking dog" and hung up on me.  I laughed for the rest of the day over that one.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That is so very sad and cruel to do to a human being. (And yes, Sandy, I agree--I bet you could smell that room from outside!)

16 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Possibly Gabe is bunking in with Garrison in his newly renovated trailer.  Garrison said that he planned to park it "down by the river", hopefully in an area that is serviced with utilities.

Haha! 'Down by the River' indeed! Now I'm picturing Janelle dressed as Chris Farley from that skit yelling how she lives in an RV, down by the poop pond!

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

That is so very sad and cruel to do to a human being. (And yes, Sandy, I agree--I bet you could smell that room from outside!)

Haha! 'Down by the River' indeed! Now I'm picturing Janelle dressed as Chris Farley from that skit yelling how she lives in an RV, down by the poop pond!

Well, she does think of herself as a "motivational speaker." Ha!

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I was imagining her as Ma Kettle sitting in a rocking chair keeping an eye on the pond 😂 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8A7E0F2A-9812-45F6-A961-4696AE5179FC.jpeg

She's nowhere near "the pond" in fact states away. I really wonder how these folks can travel all over and stay in places everywhere. Money must grow on trees in their neighborhood.... I want to live there...

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 6/29/2021 at 4:47 PM, Yeah No said:

It's interesting because we all thought she had the worst relationship with him of any of them, but perhaps because she never had high expectations and conflicts with him there was little chance of things between them turning sour either.

I could see this. 

I think Janelle wanted and needed the least from Kody emotionally and practically so their relationship has been the “easiest”. I do think Janelle was probably the best suited for a plural relationship- I think she may be one of those people who just doesn’t get fulfillment/experience romantic love and the arrangement suited her. 

Kody and Janelle may disagree, but there’s never a lot of emotional turmoil because I think they do understand each other. 

The notion of living in an RV doesn’t appeal to me, but yeah- why couldn’t she park it on Robyn’s property so that they could as least use the amenities but still have their privacy?

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Janelle wanted and needed the least from Kody emotionally and practically so their relationship has been the “easiest”. I do think Janelle was probably the best suited for a plural relationship- I think she may be one of those people who just doesn’t get fulfillment/experience romantic love and the arrangement suited her. 

Yes, I agree completely.  Kody just loves a woman that doesn't make any demands of him and lets him have everything his way.  It's the only way he would be satisfied with a wife.  He doesn't have to do any work and she makes all the sacrifices.  It's a perfect arrangement for him.  In his mind he thinks just having 4 wives is a lot of work so they should be sympathetic and supportive of that and not ask for anything extra from him than what he chooses to give.  While Janelle is content with the situation because she doesn't have the need for a give and take relationship, the other women want a two way street, which is too much to ask of him.   Of course as we all know, his view of marriage is very narcissistic and self-serving.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8A7E0F2A-9812-45F6-A961-4696AE5179FC.jpeg

Who is that in the red white & blue shorts? Doesn't look like Gabe, def not Garrison (taller) but looks like a guy.

10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

She's nowhere near "the pond" in fact states away.

Guess she got tired of hauling in water and hauling out waste already.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Who is that in the red white & blue shorts? Doesn't look like Gabe, def not Garrison (taller) but looks like a guy.

I'm hoping it isn't Savanah.  Whoever it is, they appear to be wearing a mic pack below their right shoulder, I wonder if they are filming for next season.

• Useful 3