Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Can you imagine Robyn and Meri's reaction if Janelle's Krew even hinted at double bunking?

20210627_145409.jpg

Polish_20210627_150907530.jpg

The Meri supporters claim that Meri will never leave because she "Just. Loves. All. Those. Kids".  I have watched carefully and the only evidence I have seen of Meri's love of the kids is reserved for Robyn's spawn, most notably, Sol. 

My heart still wrenches when I think of Truely possibly watching from her window as Sol toddles across the cul-de-sac for yet another crafting session with bonus mom, Meri.  It would not have bust her azz to have included Truely in these projects.  I have never seen one-on-one time with any other than Sol.  

Meri gets floods of sympathy for her "empty nest".  What was stopping her from taking Savanah and/or Christine's older girls for an afternoon of lunch and maybe a mani/pedi? Meri wonders why none of the older kids were on deck to assist with her move, maybe if she had treated them ALL as her family, she would not have needed to ask for help.

To bring this back around to the Janelle thread, I agree, Meri and Robyn would both nope out on even the thought of Janelle and her kids bunking in with them. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, lindalouwho said:

Here’s a thought. Meri moves to Parawan and Janelle stays in Meri’s Flag house until she finds a new rental. Yeah, I know. When pigs fly.

I wish...Janelle spilling Plexus and canned cabbage all over Meri’s carpets and Lulurags.  Dirty laundry stored in the elevator.  Too much to hope for ☺️

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

So we know that Janelle and Savannah are living there, what about the boys? Will they be pulling up the camper as well ? I could totally get it if she planned on traveling over the summer in it ( although I cant see her hauling it), nor can I see her lugging her laundry to a laundry mat, there is no electric, what about her hallmark movies? Staying out in plagueville makes absolutely no sense, she couldn't find a spot at a KOA ? I really do wonder if they are going to run into trouble with the zoning or neighbors. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I wish...Janelle spilling Plexus and canned cabbage all over Meri’s carpets and Lulurags.  Dirty laundry stored in the elevator.  Too much to hope for ☺️

Here's the dill: according to Meri in her "Fridays with Friends" (okay yes I listened to most of it while cleaning up and washing dishes and doing some other stuff) she is traveling "a lot." Back and forth to Flagstaff from the BnB at least once a week, and she and her bfffn Jenn are planning to visit fans between SLC and Vegas, and between Parowan and Flagstaff. (they are going to try to vet those fans; let's see how that works out). They're calling it "Stalking Stories" or something like that. I am serious. This is what they are planning to do. So yes, the perfect solution for Janelle's homelessness is to live in Meri's mansion for the next several weeks. And yes, I would LOVE to see the fallout from this if it were to happen! You are so right about the spilled food and pile of laundry LOLOLOL.

(but of course, Janelle really WANTS the exciting adventure of living in an RV on undeveloped land and taking everyone's poop wherever it has to go. She mentioned on one of her Insta replies that they have a well and a cistern but are missing some parts that are backordered, so they will indeed have to haul water for some time. I guess they'll get a generator for the electric? Who knows with these people. I just can't get over how terrible this sounds to me. I feel really bad for Savanah being stuck out there with her mom. I bet Garrison will stay in his own trailer, maybe with Gabe. Or maybe Gabe will stay someplace with his gf. I just can't see all four of them - or even 3 - living in that RV together.

To go from Vegas homes that are now worth close to 800K to this, in 3 years and with a TV show, is just...mind-boggling.

• Love 19

Someone asked her how it will be in the heat with no electricity.

She didn’t correct the no electricity part, and replied:

“ In the mountains we rarely get above 90 and cool down to 50s at night.  It’s a nice summer “

• Useful 3
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Basically they are homeless. I guess hotels are too expensive... 

Jeez maybe Maddie can take in Savanna for the summer?

No electricity and no proper bathroom is a big no for me.

If this is true, it's is borderline child neglect/abuse to me.  If Janelle wants to do this, fine.  But her father or bonus moms should make sure Savanna has a proper home to live in.  Janelle can suck rocks.  

• Love 18
On 6/26/2021 at 8:52 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

So zero chance Kody visits, right?

Since Kootie is the expert, he should haul it to the dumping station a couple of times a week.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“ In the mountains we rarely get above 90 and cool down to 50s at night.  It’s a nice summer “

They could possibly get a temporary power hookup.  I've seen several RV's on property with one of those set ups used when building a new house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

They could possibly get a temporary power hookup.  I've seen several RV's on property with one of those set ups used when building a new house.

Perhaps I am wrong but I was under the impression that there are no utilies out there at all, at least in their area.   Nothing to hook up to.

There are ways around getting and using electricity.  Many of those units have short term battery power and also use gas for the refrigerator.  As has been said, you can even get a generator.  But the sewer is the go/no go issue.  The holding tank has go got be emptied, period.  There are no work-arounds for that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Considering we’re used to the way Janelle writes, 🤦‍♀️ she could be doing this. However, she did not say anything about alternatives being used. She stated the temperatures and that was that.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yeah that’s true, it’s actually really nice up there in summer. During the spurts where it’s in the 110s in lower elevations it gets hot, but cools down nicely at night due to 7,000 feet elevation. Pretty awesome for AZ. 

• Useful 6
(edited)

21 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle, the Pioneer Woman, may even hunt and trap the varmints that inhabit the Plains of Plague.  Maybe we can look forward to some tasty recipes for groundhog stew. 

Can you even imagine?

"Today I found a dead prairie dog on my property!  I made a delicious amazing edible stew from prairie dog parts and some pond water, and added in a cup of nearly expired ghee and a few handfuls of nutmeg (gotta use up those rockstar ingredients before they mold in the heat of my RV, you get what I'm saying?  LOL!)  Veggies are scarce out here in the middle of nowhere, so I found a patch of dandelions and chopped up the leaves - I've heard they're edible.  We'll see, I guess!  I boiled all of it over an open fire and when the dogs ran away from the smell, I decided it was ready.  Savannah wouldn't come out of the RV so I ate it all myself.  It was really - hey, was that a rumble of thunder?  Oh - it was just my stomach.  BRB, gotta take a quick trip to the pond, if you know what I'm saying!  It's fine, though - a half-gallon of Plexus will clear this all up!  Use #HomelessWithJanelle at checkout for $1.79 off your next 90-day supply of the magic pink drink, and Keep Striving, y'all!"

18 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Or at least move into Meri's home until the summer is over.  But we know that would never happen in a million years.

This whole thing is ridiculous.  I don't care if these women can't even drive in a car together to the same therapy session, or go to Hobby Lobby together without having a knock-down fight in the fake flower section - but one of them is homeless and no one is willing to take her in for a few months?  Now I wouldn't want to live with Janelle either, mind you - but what about Savannah?  And even if Janelle is insisting that this is what she wants to do, I have to think it's more about Janelle needing a place to stay, getting an uncomfortable and awkward silence from her beloved sister wives, and then stating that this is what she really "wants" to do.  Maybe she does, but it's not fair to her daughter.  And given how Janelle lives her life, in no time this place is going to turn into a smelly dump of expired food and wet filthy dogs.  

I suppose Kody is cool with this, though.........

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Yayuss!

TLC - this also made me think..

Maybe TLC is footing the bill for big camper as a storyline for coming seasons. A while ago, I read somewhere that Robyn's Lehi house rent was paid for by TLC.  

Janelle puts out teasers, but won't commit to anything. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

@laurakaye We would get so many of those precious secrets, like what sharpie does Meri use? We know its not the fine liner, but does she use the regular or gel ? What filter does she use on her selfies? What is the top secret ingredient that is added to those crispy treat squares to warrant them being 6.00 a pop? I will then get Janelle to fork over all her award winning recipe's, or better yet we will do a Youtube channel of us cooking together and we will call it, "Starve with Janelle"

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

When the camera has panned the area, there have been no other houses visible.  The cost of running power would be very high and would involve erecting many posts or trenching for underground lines.  A generator would be a more feasible solution for her temporary situation.

Edit to add:  When we have seen isolated homes with temporary power run, that would have needed to be done eventually to service the completed house.  It does not appear that they plan to build on the land anytime soon, so I don't think that Janelle could or would absorb the cost of running power there just for the sort term she plans to be there.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Edit to add:  When we have seen isolated homes with temporary power run, that would have needed to be done eventually to service the completed house.  It does not appear that they plan to build on the land anytime soon, so I don't think that Janelle could or would absorb the cost of running power there just for the sort term she plans to be there.

And I don't think anything can be done until the permits are approved and a registered site plan is done.  They aren't going to put up random electric/gas connections until it is determined where houses, driveways, water wells and septic systems are going to be.

Last time they were discussing it on camera they didn't even have the property surveyed.  AND the property lines are one way, and Kodys big compound plan is for the property lines to be running another way.  They bought four separate lots but want to build with the different property lines.  Maybe that's just a tap dance and paperwork if it was dividing one property that was owned outright.  But the genius that is Kody Brown bought two lots and financed two others.  Long before anything other than a survey can be done, they need to conform to the existing property lines or figure out how to change them.

Janelle said in a comment on the facebook post that they put down a dirt 'pad' for the RV that "will be a driveway".

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle said in a comment on the facebook post that they put down a dirt 'pad' for the RV that "will be a driveway".

Where's the "eyeroll" emoji when you need it?  Oh, wait - 🙄

Isn't the whole plot of land just dirt?  What did Janelle do, sweep a small section of dirt to make it less dirty and call it a "driveway?"  And given what we've seen of the bottom of Janelle's feet when she is living in civilization, can we pause and imagine what those clodhoppers are going to look like after she's been trekking all over Prairie Plague Pass in bare feet?  Also she tells us that there's "lots to do" on the property - like what?  It's a parcel of land with some trees.  I'm sure some walks through the woods will be nice but beyond that, what is there to do?  Unless she plans on fishing the poop pond while pretending that it's the crystal-clear creek that ran through the venue at Maddie's wedding.

And honestly, HOW does King Kodoof remedy this in his stupid pea-brain....one wife is living in a 7-bedroom mansion and one is living on a critter-infested plot of dirt.  I need his dumb befuddled talking heads to be on the next season of Sister Wives.  I can't wait to see how he spins this.

• Love 15
On 6/27/2021 at 6:47 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I'm actually kind of sad for her that both Meri and Robyn have these huge houses and won't even let her stay for a bit.

And here I was thinking that this fake family could not sink any lower…

One owns a million dollar mansion, the other rents a mansion fit for a big family and lives there alone and wife no. 3 is homeless… Robyn and Meri (particularly she!) should be very ashamed of themselves!! Though they’ll probably say that it was Janelle’s own choice… (sure!) the happy family myth has officially been busted!
I also wonder how many Brownie-penalty points Douchebag, Sobyn and Catfish have received from The Lord. I’m sure they’ve forfeited a Kody-homeplanet with being so incredibly hospitable and caring for their (sister)wife.

I must admit though that I laughed soooo hard when I read Janelle’s RV post! Yes, we predicted this numerous times, which also leads me to suspect that Janelle hangs out here a lot. She must have thought it an excellent idea…

• Love 10

I want to see the following post from any of these five so-called spouses:

"Now the lid off of our bullshit story of one (happy!) family, that we've whored ourselves out to TLC for 10+ years, has officially blown the hell off!"

"See you next season, where King Dildo Kootie will try and spin this like crazy.  Come join us for another year of total fakery."

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Just a slight correction. Janelle said SHE did this.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Just a slight correction. Janelle said SHE did this.

I can just imagine.  We all saw Janelle's landscaping/horticultural efforts when the real estate photos of her rental were posted.  As Laurakaye pointed out, the whole immediate terrain is dirt, she may have raked or picked up a few larger stones to facilitate parking, but that does not constitute putting down a pad for a driveway.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

One owns a million dollar mansion, the other rents a mansion fit for a big family and lives there alone and wife no. 3 is homeless… Robyn and Meri (particularly she!) should be very ashamed of themselves!! Though they’ll probably say that it was Janelle’s own choice… (sure!) the happy family myth has officially been busted!
I also wonder how many Brownie-penalty points Douchebag, Sobyn and Catfish have received from The Lord. I’m sure they’ve forfeited a Kody-homeplanet with being so incredibly hospitable and caring for their (sister)wife.

I must admit though that I laughed soooo hard when I read Janelle’s RV post! Yes, we predicted this numerous times, which also leads me to suspect that Janelle hangs out here a lot. She must have thought it an excellent idea…

Exactly.  Redo this just a little bit so it can really hit you:

One teen daughter is living in an RV on a dirt patch with no hookups/electricity while just a little bit away her half-siblings and step siblings are living in a "mansion" with each having their own rooms and all the showers, baths, and (assuming) heat and a/c their little hearts desire.  

This is just not right.  I can give a flying fuck about what Janelle chooses to do, but I can't believe this is the best option for Savannah. 

Between this and Janelle turning her daughter into her emotional support animal, I really am starting to hate her. Normally I just laugh these clods off but it's becoming less easy to do so. 

• Love 23
(edited)
9 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Someone on reddit just posted a video of a walk through of what Janelle's new home may be for anyone interested in an inside view.

That was an amusing review.  The RV looks nicer than nearly every place Janelle has lived.  It would be nice if Savannah could live somewhere with reliable internet so that she can finish high school ASAP and get out on her own.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That was an amusing review.  The RV looks nicer than nearly every place Janelle has lived.  It would be nice if Savannah could live somewhere with reliable internet so that she can finish high school ASAP and get out on her own.

Does Savannah even have any friends? I remember the excuse Janelle made in Vegas was that it was "too hot out" for Savannah to leave the house. Why was that not a problem for the other kids? Janelle is growing Savannah like a hothouse mushroom. 

It reminds me of the Mama in Like Water for Chocolate - the youngest daughter stays unmarried to take care of her mother until she dies. I'm afraid that Janelle isn't going to let Savannah live her life.

• Love 8

I’m not sure how this RV rental would be any less expensive than a house or apt.  I looked around availability for 2-3 bedrooms in Flagstaff and the prices are between $1400-3000.  depending.....That RV runs at least $3000. Per month.  If you pay by the night it’s $150.-200. Per night.   So, I don’t see how she’s saving money on that RV.  

• Useful 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Someone on reddit just posted a video of a walk through of what Janelle's new home may be for anyone interested in an inside view.

I take back what I said.  This RV is actually a step up from the dump of a house she was living in before this.

9 hours ago, LilyD said:

I couldn't agree more.  I actually feel sorry for Janelle.  My dislike for the rest of them continues to grow when I see stuff like this.  So much for one big happy family!  We all knew that was over long ago, but I don't think they are aware of how they have become and look to so many of us who see them for what they are.  But I also wonder how much of a martyr Janelle is.  We may later find out that one of them offered to take her in but she refused, not wanting to be a "burden" on anyone.  Although when you think about it, who could blame her for not wanting to stay with any of them even temporarily?  They have become so toxic that she might not choose to live with any of them even on a short-term temporary basis. 

I know I have snarked on Janelle in the past, and let's face it, she does give us a lot to snark about, but when I think about it she is probably the nicest wife out of all of them, probably even nicer than Christine.  She is sincere and doesn't really have a mean, vindictive, selfish bone in her body.  She would rather "take one for the team" than seek to get the upper hand over the rest of them, which is what they do to each other and to her all the time.  Cinderella and her wicked step sister wives!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 15

Janelle isn’t horrible, imo, but the grudge she held with Meri for more than a couple of years seemed petty and a poor example for the kids, imo.   But, it’s water under the bridge.  Apparently, she’s  moved on.    She seems happier now than when she was in  the best of her old houses, though I still don’t see how she’s saving money living in an RV.  Those rentals are pricy, though you may not have to sign a years lease. Maybe that’s what she didn’t want to do.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Has anyone thought of the possibility that she doesn’t have a rental because no one wants to rent out to them?

Just a thought as we had something similar here the other day: A celebrity wanted to rent a penthouse but the apartment building collectively said ‘NO’ because they feared tv exposure, paparazzi but also because they were not happy with his lifestyle and reputation.

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Janelle isn’t horrible, imo, but the grudge she held with Meri for more than a couple of years seemed petty and a poor example for the kids, imo.   But, it’s water under the bridge.  Apparently, she’s  moved on.  

I wouldn't blame Mother Teresa for holding a grudge against Meri.  After all I've learned about her, who wouldn't?  A less nice person might have done far worse than hold a grudge against her.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 9:00 AM, laurakaye said:

Use #HomelessWithJanelle at checkout for $1.79 off your next 90-day supply of the magic pink drink, and Keep Striving, y'all!"

I just want to take a moment of appreciation for Janelle's providing us with such a fantastic, unparalleled opportunity for snark like this!! 

This move is a snarker's dream!

ETA I just watched part of that video, and I can't believe I didn't think of laundry before! (Me, whose sincerest wish is to have my own personal washer and dryer!) If her RV rental doesn't come with washing machine she really will have a lot of work to do! I hope she doesn't plan on washing clothes in the "crick" aka plague poop pond.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 11

I just watched the RV video and thank you for posting it!

So after watching I'm now claustrophobic!  The guy doing the tour is small.  Maybe 5'7" and at most 140#.  The girl crawling up in the loft tiny like a cat!

Add in 90 degree temps, no a/c or trees!  I'm dying in there.

I can't imagine Janelle and three kids are reduced to this!  Lordy.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Does Savannah even have any friends? I remember the excuse Janelle made in Vegas was that it was "too hot out" for Savannah to leave the house. Why was that not a problem for the other kids? Janelle is growing Savannah like a hothouse mushroom. 

It reminds me of the Mama in Like Water for Chocolate - the youngest daughter stays unmarried to take care of her mother until she dies. I'm afraid that Janelle isn't going to let Savannah live her life.

Savannah has sisters close to her age. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I wouldn't blame Mother Teresa for holding a grudge against Meri.  After all I've learned about her, who wouldn't?  A less nice person might have done far worse than hold a grudge against her.

Meri was a piece of work for sure, but I found the war between them when they lived in Vegas on the cul de sac to be beyond childish.  So, they are sister wives, have children all around, yet Meri and Janelle detested each other so much that even after a year of counseling they still didn’t speak when getting their mail or walking to their car. This is what they reported.  It set a terrible example for the children, imo.  Meri being equally responsible.  But.....I guess that’s ancient history.  They have many more problems now.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 19

After watching the RV video, I can acknowledge some of the appointments are nice for vacation/temporary housing.  And the master bedroom is doable.  At least it has windows and room to walk around the bed.

But the other sleeping quarters, where I assume at least Savannah would be, look stifling and encroaching.  I don't care how many vertical surfaces one came move or flip up/down, it's tight and doesn't substitute for a proper bedroom.

I hope it truly is just for the summer for them, which Janelle can sell as an adventure.  Did anyone else from the family reply or react to the post?  Do the adults ever react or reply to each other's posts?

• Love 11

She said she got a permit.  To get a temporary use permit (to put an RV on vacant property) you have to have a current permit to build so an RV would be temporary housing.   A Continuous Use Permit requires all kinds of additional requirements - like an electrical, plumbing, water permit.

When they all had that last meeting where Janelle said she would never move back to Utah, I thought one of them mentioned that nothing at all had been done even to begin the process of development.  Could this be Janelle's way of trying to make it so Kody don't decide he and Robyn are fine where they are, and no reason to develop, so they will sell.   Makes no sense for Janelle to be out there, but really I think Kody could care less if she and her kids have running water and toilets. 

The loans on the property, the loans on Robyn's house, etc - they just flat out don't have the money or experience to build on completely undeveloped property.   Planning and permits just for utilities would cost them a fortune. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10