Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

(edited)

I also toast english muffins and bagels in a pan with a bit of butter.  It is just me here and I am lazy sometimes and don't want to drag out the toaster oven.

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

It looks like she just slid eggs out of the pan and threw in the bread. And actually...this is how I usually make toast these days. ☺️

I make all of the bread we eat in the household.  Last year during my husband's furlough we were going through multiple loaves each week and one day we were grilling some hot dogs for lunch and my son got up right as we were getting ready to grill and wanted some too (he works night shifts). I only had enough buns on hand for my husband and I, but I had loaf bread.  So, we put our heads together and I said I could make cowboy toast for the extra buns.  Well. after we tried butter toasted bread instead of a bun for a hot dog, we have never gone back to buns, we all prefer the toasted bread.

Throwing bread in the pan to soak up the egg grease is pretty classic.

I was always a hotdog bun purist, but last weekend I had a veggie dog on two smashed King's Hawaiian rolls and I'm a convert now.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Janelle doggie:

7B5AE895-865C-48F3-9914-B117E74BCFF3.thumb.jpeg.edd873593fb5e50b9ccb1c77b40f9397.jpeg

Can anybody find the earlier post of Janelle’s dog where Janelle says she tucks her in at night.  Everytime I see the dog’s expression it makes me think if she could talk the dog would be like “I’ve seen some shit”.  Did she think the dog had died initially?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

Janelle doggie:

7B5AE895-865C-48F3-9914-B117E74BCFF3.thumb.jpeg.edd873593fb5e50b9ccb1c77b40f9397.jpeg

Seriously? She just made an "I thought my dog was dead at first" type post and then said but she's sure he's probably just sleeping? WTF Janelle. At least grab a broomstick and poke him to see if he's alive. Poor, hot dog.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, NoWhammies said:

Seriously? She just made an "I thought my dog was dead at first" type post and then said but she's sure he's probably just sleeping? WTF Janelle. At least grab a broomstick and poke him to see if he's alive. Poor, hot dog.

You were writing as I was editing, but even though I know some dogs sleep like that the way she worded it, I was like did she think her dog died??  

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Can anybody find the earlier post of Janelle’s dog where Janelle says she tucks her in at night.  Everytime I see the dog’s expression it makes me think if she could talk the dog would be like “I’ve seen some shit”.  Did she think the dog had died initially?

F3D62BCE-72F5-49EA-9506-BD5E87DDA6BF.jpeg

E202E0A1-4307-4B47-81EE-44EB08FC22DA.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

F3D62BCE-72F5-49EA-9506-BD5E87DDA6BF.jpeg

E202E0A1-4307-4B47-81EE-44EB08FC22DA.jpeg

Thanks for finding this picture.  I know Janelle takes care of the dog, but the dog looks like she would just be off shaking her head somewhere with her dog friends like “you’re not going to believe the nonsense I heard today.” and then a play-by-play of all the Brown shenanigans would spread through the dog community.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

I am getting second-hand claustrophobia from the thought of trying to walk from one end of that RV to another without stepping on two dogs, my daughter, and whatever random crap is laying around that place.  And I'm not a dog owner, but does Janelle just open the door and let the dogs run free amongst the prairie dogs and pine trees?  Wouldn't both of her dogs head straight for the cool water of the plague pond?  Does she just let them back in the RV after they've roamed?  I mean, does she use her precious water to bathe them after they've been rolling around in prairie dog poo?

My concern for these dogs increases every time she mentions them.

• Love 16

Someone commented about Maddie buying a house, and asked Janelle if she was helping Maddie move. Her reply:

They did buy but I won’t be able to be there to help move 😞. Excited to see it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2AC3A59C-CC55-4093-899D-91BBD6B2AE19.jpeg

4CCA7628-FC25-4CB5-9C1C-347EC1E9253D.jpeg

And here it is! The obligatory I-finally-went-to-the-gym-after-weeks-of-travel. Next, we’ll get the “my diet has been crap, it’s time to promote another gimmick”. 

I don’t understand why it’s SO HARD for this woman. You can exercise wherever you go, it’s called walking or running. It’s called squats and pushups. Or doing stairs in the hotel (if you have them). There are no excuses, this uninspiring loaf just doesn’t want to. 

Also with the food during travel, she complains (I’m waiting for that post from her). I’m a celiac with a dairy allergy who doesn’t eat meat and I find healthy foods when I travel and have way more restrictions than she does. It’s not always easy, but I either find stuff or make my own to bring. 

Janelle is always so full of the same excuses. And the “importance of choosing the right gym” is evident to her?!? After all theee years? You don’t say, Janelle. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am getting second-hand claustrophobia from the thought of trying to walk from one end of that RV to another without stepping on two dogs, my daughter, and whatever random crap is laying around that place.  And I'm not a dog owner, but does Janelle just open the door and let the dogs run free amongst the prairie dogs and pine trees?  Wouldn't both of her dogs head straight for the cool water of the plague pond?  Does she just let them back in the RV after they've roamed?  I mean, does she use her precious water to bathe them after they've been rolling around in prairie dog poo?

My concern for these dogs increases every time she mentions them.

Maybe her dogs don't like water? I've had several "water dog" breeds and not a single one of them liked water. One wouldn't even walk through puddles. Bred to hunt, it turns out she was a delicate flower better suited to long naps on linen sheets...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6

Because I can't say it enough, I am baffled at her consistent easter island head selfies.

Does she not look at them before she publishes them for the world to see? You'd think one of those three thousand kids would say something to her. She must think they look great. Meri and Janelle, polar opposite of selfies. 

• LOL 22
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t understand why it’s SO HARD for this woman. You can exercise wherever you go, it’s called walking or running. It’s called squats and pushups. Or doing stairs in the hotel (if you have them). There are no excuses, this uninspiring loaf just doesn’t want to. 

This! As a self-proclaimed "health and wellness" coach, she should be offering tips for how to maintain an exercise regimen while traveling - not making excuses. The point of being a coach is to help people through obstacles!

• Love 15

From Janelle's instagram story - first she details how the monsoon rains came last night and says "I survived...it's definitely different from living in a house" and she's sure experienced RV-ers are laughing at her. She did wear a bit of pink lipstick this time.

Janelletrailer.jpg

• Useful 5
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Wouldn't both of her dogs head straight for the cool water of the plague pond?  Does she just let them back in the RV after they've roamed?  I mean, does she use her precious water to bathe them after they've been rolling around in prairie dog poo?

Taking into consideration that the "pond" is a retention pool for run-off water from melting snow in the early spring and periodic monsoon rains, it's probably pretty dried up at this time of year.

But, in the spirit of making lemonade out of lemons, Janelle may consider packaging up the mud and selling it as a homemade spa facial.  Bubonic Plague Beauty Treatment.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2021 at 2:04 PM, Elizzikra said:

Also LOL Mormons aren't supposed to drink coffee but YOLO.

Maybe she drinks decaf?

I was reading something about AUB Mormons once, and it mentioned they don't follow the LDS rules on drinking tea, alcohol, or coffee.  

21 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Throwing bread in the pan to soak up the egg grease is pretty classic.

I was always a hotdog bun purist, but last weekend I had a veggie dog on two smashed King's Hawaiian rolls and I'm a convert now.

A convert to the veggie dog or to the rolls?  I buy the King's Hawaiian hot dog buns from time to time to eat with Hebrew National hot dogs. 

That was my theory about the pan or that she had already made several slices of toast in it and those were toast crumbs.  I really didn't look that closely.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I was reading something about AUB Mormons once, and it mentioned they don't follow the LDS rules on drinking tea, alcohol, or coffee.  

A convert to the veggie dog or to the rolls?  I buy the King's Hawaiian hot dog buns from time to time to eat with Hebrew National hot dogs. 

That was my theory about the pan or that she had already made several slices of toast in it and those were toast crumbs.  I really didn't look that closely.

To the rolls, the veggie dogs were already amazing. This was a small biergarten chain called Doghaus and I'd never had rolls this way before. Super good!

It makes sense that AUB doesn't follow the rules of the church...kinda like the whole polygamy thing, huh?

• Love 3

Janelle will be awarded big Brownie Points for these posts from her Commander in Chief.  She has made it clear that it is her choice to live this way and Savanah is along for the ride whether she likes it or not.

As a reward for her self-sacrifice, Kody may even drop by for another al fresco take out meal as it's too congested to cook indoors and with 2 dogs in residence, the air is a little too ripe to enjoy a meal indoors.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 7/13/2021 at 5:44 PM, NoWhammies said:

It takes 6-8 hrs for rigor mortis of the limbs to set in.  Is Janelle that lazy that she didn't check on him?  If still alive he may want some water ... or love.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, right, Janelle. Your husband didn't do anything. We all know that. And yes, of course we think you are a meek person. What about "No way I'm pulling Gabe out of his high school in his senior year, and transplant him to Flagstaff. I'm not gonna do it", remember? And I really hope it was Savanah's choice to accompany you for a "living off grid" and she does love it, although I still feel sorry for her. 

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 18
(edited)

I know marine batteries aren't cheap, but she also says 'more'solar panels and a generator. Must be trucking in, or hauling her own water, and I don't know what a delivery would cost--unless she's filling up at one of the other houses? Then either the rental or purchase of the big rv or 5th wheel itself..

Basically, I'm wondering if it wouldn't have been cheaper just to rent, or even purchase a house instead of going though all this?

I did LOL rather big at 'before anyone gets their panties in a twist'. It's interesting that she says she's fine, but no mention of Savanah.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Notice she said the Salad and Go was as crowded as the In n Out she went to the same day. My guess most of that salad ended up in the garbage...

She raved about Salad & Go when she stopped there upon her return from the airport a few months back.  She could still be consuming a day's worth of calories for just that one $5 salad and fountain drink, based on her earlier report.

Too bad the Browns' finite resources must be tied up in Prairie Dog Plague Flats, because they could have franchised a Salad & Go in Flagstaff.  Janelle could have lived in a pod or one of the UHauls in the parking lot.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

She raved about Salad & Go when she stopped there upon her return from the airport a few months back.  She could still be consuming a day's worth of calories for just that one $5 salad and fountain drink, based on her earlier report.

Too bad the Browns' finite resources must be tied up in Prairie Dog Plague Flats, because they could have franchised a Salad & Go in Flagstaff.  Janelle could have lived in a pod or one of the UHauls in the parking lot.

I totally agree, last time I brought a salad it was a Cobb salad at a local restaurant, by the time i slathered on the blue cheese it probably was a 3000+ salad ( but it was yummy)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

This whole off-the-grid trailer thing with Janelle is a puzzler, considering the other wives live in big houses. What is she trying to prove?

Every time I see a closeup of Janelle's face, I think how Miss Heath and Wellness let that lump on her lip go so long, its removal, even with advanced surgery, distorted her upper lip. It's not a big deal, but it didn't have to happen. 

She must like playing the suffering martyr. Frankly, I think she's stumbled a little off the grid herself. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

This whole off-the-grid trailer thing with Janelle is a puzzler, considering the other wives live in big houses. What is she trying to prove?

Every time I see a closeup of Janelle's face, I think how Miss Heath and Wellness let that lump on her lip go so long, its removal, even with advanced surgery, distorted her upper lip. It's not a big deal, but it didn't have to happen. 

She must like playing the suffering martyr. Frankly, I think she's stumbled a little off the grid herself. 

I think she is depressed. Numbed out apathy with occasional bouts of anger. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s a comment on the post, followed by Janelle’s response:

3EB10233-5961-4945-9A79-8C5B8BE9E64B.jpeg

98406C0C-8348-4D8F-96FD-9D07BA163760.jpeg

It’s good she addressed it outright.  I believe her when she says it’s her decision and she’s considering it an adventure.  It doesn’t  seem like she’s slumming it to me.  She’s getting water from somewhere.  Maybe she’s using a compost toilet.  😝I’ve seen them on the HGTV Tiny Houses.  Or maybe, they got a port a potty that she hasn’t photographed yet.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

She could still be consuming a day's worth of calories for just that one $5 salad and fountain drink, based on her earlier report.

And another day's worth of calories from her stop at In n Out the same day.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s a comment on the post, followed by Janelle’s response:

3EB10233-5961-4945-9A79-8C5B8BE9E64B.jpeg

98406C0C-8348-4D8F-96FD-9D07BA163760.jpeg

Did you get a chance to read the comments attacking the person that DARED to make the very good point about how confusing this all looks from the outside?  That commenter was right, and she also pointed out in the long thread that followed about how Janelle's comment about everyone getting their panties in a bunch was rude...and wow, did Janelle's interwebz friends go after the poster for THAT comment.  So I guess it's okay for Janelle to semi-explain her mysterious living circumstances but no one can ask her for clarification without getting attacked by Janelle and her stans from behind their keyboards.  It's the height of hypocrisy for Janelle to pre-emptively try to keep away the negative comments by being negative herself, and I'm so over that.  If you don't want to hear it?  Don't post about your life on social media.  If that's the only way you can maintain interest in your show, and get a paycheck from TLC?  Then deal with the negative comments.  These people can't have it both ways.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did you get a chance to read the comments attacking the person that DARED to make the very good point about how confusing this all looks from the outside?  That commenter was right, and she also pointed out in the long thread that followed about how Janelle's comment about everyone getting their panties in a bunch was rude...and wow, did Janelle's interwebz friends go after the poster for THAT comment.  So I guess it's okay for Janelle to semi-explain her mysterious living circumstances but no one can ask her for clarification without getting attacked by Janelle and her stans from behind their keyboards.  It's the height of hypocrisy for Janelle to pre-emptively try to keep away the negative comments by being negative herself, and I'm so over that.  If you don't want to hear it?  Don't post about your life on social media.  If that's the only way you can maintain interest in your show, and get a paycheck from TLC?  Then deal with the negative comments.  These people can't have it both ways.

At the time there were 150 replies, so I scrolled through. There’s 272 now, on just that one comment. None of them know anything more than most about her. It’s ridiculous. I don’t get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, Elodia said:

Yeah, right, Janelle. Your husband didn't do anything. We all know that. And yes, of course we think you are a meek person. What about "No way I'm pulling Gabe out of his high school in his senior year, and transplant him to Flagstaff. I'm not gonna do it", remember? And I really hope it was Savanah's choice to accompany you for a "living off grid" and she does love it, although I still feel sorry for her. 

THIS. 

Dear Janelle: 

Yes, Janelle, we do think you are meek for good reason. You’ve shown to be. You’re scared to go to the gym (you’ve said so, sitting in the parking lot), you have been nervous to try this and that, you try something the rest of us have known about for decades and think it’s some new thing. You’ve been a “health coach” for years now and have shown no progress or strong motivation unless you have a coach of your own. And? You pulled Gabe out of school when you adamantly said you wouldn’t! 

How else are we supposed to think about you Janelle? 

I’ll give her kudos for her response but I don’t buy it. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 16

image.png.77ebe62997dbd7f2a398cc22b427bcb5.png

Lets dissect this for just a minute.

Yes, Janelle, your husband doesn't do anything but boink Robyn and come over maybe once a month for al fresco dining on the promised land ( which by the way how is the building going, oh right your all broke)

Yes, you are a meek and mild person, we all cheered you on when you stomped your foot about ripping Gabe from high school, but wait, you did because oh Kody got to you when he wore his curly but falling out locks in a pony tail.

Short sighted, that would be you, for letting a cancerous growth become the size of a Mickey D's chicken mcnugget on your lip.

Last time I checked, you too are behind your keyboard showing us gross food, shilling products that are probably not even approved by the FDA . 

Keep shilling how wonderful you are being the adventurous person and living off the grid, when most of us here know that there is no cash money in the kitty to get you a rennal. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

THIS. 

Dear Janelle: 

Yes, Janelle, we do think you are meek for good reason. You’ve shown to be. You’re scared to go to the gym (you’ve said so, sitting in the parking lot), you have been nervous to try this and that, you try something the rest of us have known about for decades and think it’s some new thing. You’ve been a “health coach” for years now and have shown no progress or strong motivation unless you have a coach of your own. And? You pulled Gabe out of school when you adamantly said you wouldn’t! 

How else are we supposed to think about you Janelle? 

I’ll give her kudos for her response but I don’t buy it. 

Man, I would love to copy and post this under her battery picture but she'd block me and I'd miss out on the snark.  But I'd be so curious to see how many people call me Karen, how many other names I'd get called, and how her sycophants would point by point attempt to shoot down every single truth in that paragraph.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Maybe Janelle should watch a few episodes of her own tv show to freshen up her memory, so that she remembers how unhappy the older kids, especially Maddie, Hunter, and Paedon were after the move to Las Vegas. And that she said on TV that she won't let Gabe through the same thing. Hell, I remember how miserable they were. Some strong willed person Janelle is... 

Btw this applies to Meri also. She, too, seems to forget a lot of what she said in a previous eoisode. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Elodia said:

Maybe Janelle should watch a few episodes of her own tv show to freshen up her memory, so that she remembers how unhappy the older kids, especially Maddie, Hunter, and Paedon were after the move to Las Vegas. And that she said on TV that she won't let Gabe through the same thing. Hell, I remember how miserable they were. Some strong willed person Janelle is... 

Btw this applies to Meri also. She, too, seems to forget a lot of what she said in a previous eoisode. 

Or they are both hoping that we forget about it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I don't get why Janelle has fans--why any of these wives would, for that matter. Janelle is a broken record of the same failed attempts and excuses. Over and over. 

I'm curious why she moved out of a house into that trailer. If she did it for an adventure, why did she need an adventure? Isn't life with Kody and wives exciting enough? The only logical reason I can think of is that she's preparing herself for the coming day when Kody tells them all to pack up and get ready to leave immediately because they are being persecuted for their beliefs. (They probably are being persecuted for their belief that they don't have to pay rent, taxes and other obligations.) Janelle will be ready to pull up stakes and follow Master Kody right down the dusty dirt road to freedom.   

Janelle is obviously depressed. Probably the other wives are too, except maybe Queen Robyn. If the Browns are trying to sell a lifestyle or a religion, they are failing. Maybe it's time for this show to hit the road too.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't get why Janelle has fans--why any of these wives would, for that matter. Janelle is a broken record of the same failed attempts and excuses. Over and over. 

Because people love association with fame - or even infamy. It makes them feel important. I've mentioned before my friend who was on a moderately successful reality show that ended almost a decade ago. People go crazy for him. They want to be around him or even tangentially associated with him. He's a nice guy so I get why people like him. But his co-star, who is a major bag of dicks (seriously an unpleasant human being) also has people fawning all over him. It's the damndest thing. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7